Page 491 of 537 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 13425

Thread: Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Been getting nothing but PSBs from lugiachu and ho-ohchu. Damn stingy rodents...

Got winkaphy and Black Rayquaza trained up to full. Currently I'm prodding at the escalation. It took me three tries and items to clear stage 40; my lvl 13 SL4 zoroark does not want to activate XP Already know I'm not going to finish this; just want to nab at least a couple of candies to add to the pile I'm saving for m-ttar when I reach it.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Got 78,129 for the competition, currently #54. Touchscreen botched a tap so could be a little higher, but whatever at this rate. Also very disappointed they made it Top 200 instead of Top 300. Won't be long until it is Top 100, right?

Almost to 200 for Giratina-O and I hear 250 is much easier for whatever reason, so will probably stop there. It's very hard atm to not drop the combo because it's darn near impossible to grab the proper icon if it is in the bottom middle. Trying to get a replacement system and that'll hopefully happen before Giratina-O ends. If not, whatever, screw them or making the Escalations so ridiculous as of late.

Also in NA for the competition, not even 20k participants yet. I haven't been paying attention to the numbers, but that seems awfully low. Can't say I'm surprised, but still.

Other than Pikachu PSBs, I've had 1 SBS and a large experience booster.

I hate the fact that Victini has been shifted to Sundays, so I have to wait until then before giving experience to the Pokémon necessary for the competition. I have loads of boosters but I prefer to use them after Victini. Just about everything about this game is to do with trying to make players spend real money especially with the recent changes and update.

Which brings me onto the current EB. A ridiculous boss at 10, even though I beat it itemlessly first time and then pretty much forcing us to use -1 complexities for the bosses at 200 and beyond when that wasn't the case the first time round. Blatant money grabbing except it's not working on this player!

I've reached 200 but I really dislike this EB (give me Volcanion over this any day). My timed stage skills are highly inconsistent. Sometimes I'm so slick and then other times, so slow and usually when it really matters (100, 130). I haven't boosted sinister power on either Zoroark or Giratina and so have barely been able to rely on it. The story so far has been that either SP just doesn't activate and I choose not to break my combo just to get it or the few times it does work I'm guaranteed to break the combo before hitting double figures. I've already spent too much on failed boss attempts.
    Danjal: Pikachu, use agility!

Pikanjal: Piiii!

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ultra Something-or-other?
    Sinnoh DOES NOT need a remake!

Up to 118 in the escalation. Still not sure I'm gonna go; will just have to see. I've been switching to m-absol for most boss stages to make use of its disruption-busting ability.

Haven't gotten back to the competition yet. Gonna make a couple of runs with m-gyarados and an all-water team, since my strongest burst damager is Flash Mob wailord. Might run double Flash Mob with keldeo and see what happens.

Still nothing but PSBs from the costume rodents.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Used C-1, MS, AB and +10s leading with Absol on 200......

and LOST!

The run wasn't brilliant but was ok and was on target to win until the 10s warning sounded and then irrationally I just panicked and lost the plot. I missed by 600 points. Again, only one brief SP combo midway through but I'm totally disgusted with this. I'll be stopping at 250, can't take much more of this punishment.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Oh hey I didn't notice that there's now an Item Bundle for a jewel option

just straight to the heart of whales, eh?

e: wow what a terrible stage! I took mega gyarados (S) since i didnt feel like tapping and regretted it because with like two eceptoins, gyarados refused to skyfall itself into a combo. I also took Chesnaught since I thought it disrupted it so WOOPS

Score of 42632, most of hta being pulled by a level 6 risk taker 3 Volcanion getting some high pulls. I may or may not bother with doing another run (I have the coins for it still, i'm still above 70k). Also I feel like (aside from whale hunting) the real reason there's a dozen different prize tiers is to give the illusion that more people are paricipating than there actually are.
    Last edited by R_N; 19th March 2017 at 7:39 AM.

Tried again st the competition. Score of just over 42k. Not sure I'm gonna be able to get much better... I drained my coins trying. Gonna need to meowth grind before going back to the EB.

Got three presents from ho-ohchu today. A PSB, a skill booster S, and an EXP booster L. Lugiachu remains stingy with just a PSB.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

I put a lot of experience boosters on my Pokémon to max out their respective levels and gave 5 RMLs to W. Manaphy. I also boosted Volcanion to SL4.

I had two full item runs in the competition using M. Aggron, W. Manaphy, Volcanion and Suicune. The first one started alright and I scored a decent 53k. The second run started terribly! The initial board was awful and took 3 turns to clear up, then there was another 3 turns that didn't even generate 10 combos between them because of a 5 Pokémon board with the Chesnaughts around and no Aggron matches available. By the time the DD wore off, I hadn't yet scored 20000. Somehow, thanks to a couple of good risk-takers, decent (not amazing) Manaphy disruptions and good back to back Aggron matches/ taps including a bonus skyfall one at the end, I ended up scoring 90912 currently placing me 9th! Could easily have scored more and broken into the top 5 for the first time but I'm happy with that.

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

This competition is absolutely the worst. I only left it at tier 3 since I predicted there is no way some luck will get me a high score.

~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

So Giratina-O 200 finished with all items and a whopping 30 seconds left. Can't believe I got a Sinister Power off on the second move and continued it until the end despite this damaged touch screen. Probably still going to 250 at most for now and then stopping with this until next week.

Team was the somewhat default T-Tar/Yveltal/Hoopa-U/Zoroark. The new icon for Yveltal helps it not blend in with Zoroark so much at least.

I finished training my team, and made my run in the Garcomp. My first run was awful; a bad starting board and few Manaphy combos gave me a dismal 38K. My second run left me with a score of 60K. I can't say I'm satisfied, but at least it guarantees a tier 3 score; maybe even tier 2 if I'm lucky. Team was Lv.10 Mega Aggron, Lv.10 W-Manaphy, (it's not worth RML-ing IMO) Lv.10 Chesnaught, and Lv.15 Virizion.

However, the Pikachus were nice to me today. Got a total haul of 2 PSBs, a Skill Booster S, and an RML.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Oh for...heads up, this check in gives ANOTHER 30 hearts.

I don't know why, it wasn't mentioned in the notices.

e: Found the male kimono pikachu. There's no special puzzle here, honestly. A shrine themed barrier set thats annoying, then after 2 moves it removes it.
    Caught it with no great ball, at least.

e2: Seaking is a puzzle stage, I think. 4 moves, 4 coins.

Been remarkably lucky. 5 hearst and I caught Minun (SCP to 100%) and Kimono Boy, Krabby & Seaking all without great balls.
    Last edited by R_N; 21st March 2017 at 7:20 AM.

Used around 32 hearts on the RNGFest so far. Caught everything except Krabby and Goldeen despite seeing each around 10 times and the Female Pikachu whom has yet to appear. (20%ish catch rate on Goldeen and Krabby. More like 1% with how RNG works.)

Got top tier in the Garchomp repeat which was nice, just getting a lot of Speedups I don't really need. A swap option for RMLs would be really nice right now. I'm unsure what I'll do once I'm done with the RNGFest too. Hydreigon isn't really worth PSB grinding as it is completely obsoleted by Yveltal and Bisharp. And of course Giratina-O is gonna be a nightmare with my current touchscreen problems to get through to the end..

My first heart into the safari was the female kimono rodent. Took her down with 0 moves left, she didn't catch in a regular ball. I ended up chucking four great balls at her and she ran! Reset to get my coins back. Now I'm mad >.<

Did catch hydreigon. One less EX stage to worry about later.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Dangit, GS! Stop throwing these surprise hearts at us! From now on I'm keeping my stocked hearts at 60 to keep this from happening again.

On the bright side, my first 5 hearts in the safari were pleasantly beneficial. I caught Kingler and Seaking without a GB, and ran into Kimono Girl Pikachu, which I GB'ed. The sooner I get this drop-less safari done, the better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptilite89 View Post
    Dangit, GS! Stop throwing these surprise hearts at us! From now on I'm keeping my stocked hearts at 60 to keep this from happening again.

On the bright side, my first 5 hearts in the safari were pleasantly beneficial. I caught Kingler and Seaking without a GB, and ran into Kimono Girl Pikachu, which I GB'ed. The sooner I get this drop-less safari done, the better.
    Why on earth do you keep hearts stored up. Use them

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
    Dex Entry: "Alolan Raticate gained the Dark type and used it to beat up local Alakazam and steal their mustaches. This explains both the clean-shaven Alolan Alakazam, and the luxuriousness of Alolan Raticate's 'stache"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    because refilling on those hearts is usually not so common and its nice to have them in case you really need them (escalation skips, terrible rng in the safari, extremely low coins, rapid fire competition runs)

Except even then, depending on how you're playing and your luck, you may not need them otherwise. I have 70,000 coins, so meowth isnt a priority unless I need to empty out my hearts. I'm all caught up on the stages. I have no interest in the PSBs. Ampharos grinding is a pain. I dont want to touch the escalation and even if I did I'd probably still just go through the normal hearts over the next 7 days. And we're 1 day into a 14 day safari so that's not really worth wasting them.
    If I use them now, I use them just for the sake of using them

e: Caught Kingler with 1 move left without great ball. Then had a goldeen escape (why is Goldeen the one pokemon in this safari with an under 20 base catch rate), but then caught it next heart w/ no great ball.
    A fantastic safari on my end, only need kimono girl
    Last edited by R_N; 21st March 2017 at 4:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Actually, last week I decided to go through my banked hearts some, but I figured I would use them on the Safari. If I had known that we would be getting more hearts this week, I surely would have used them on the Escalation or something. It's not my fault that the timing of these apology compensations are so sporadic, and I didn't expect them to give us more hearts just two weeks after the last batch.

But now that the safari is here, I used a bunch of my stored hearts on it. I'm 51 hearts in and still haven't seen the Kimono Boy. Everything else is caught, and the only GB I've used is on Kimono Girl Pikachu.

Wow. What irony. Right as I spent the extra 30 hearts, the last special Pikachu decides to appear, and I managed to catch it in one Great Ball.

I just need to get Goldeen inside a ball and this safari is over.

~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Got all the safari Pokémon after using my 30 bonus to rapid fire through the safari. Of those, Kingler needed a Great Ball, Kimonochu-F needed a Great Gall, and Kimonochu-M needed four Great Balls... >_>

Everything else was Poké Ball'd.

With that out of the way and Giratina-O 200 beaten, it's Skarmory time for the rest of the week. SL5 Nosedive here we not come until after the update, but we'll get SL4 easily.

Last 'mons I need from the safari are kimonochu-F and minun. Neither of which has been showing up recently. We seriously need some grass-type block smashers and barrier bashers that aren't BP 40 winking starters ><

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

I just went with ground types & gengar. Golurk, Landorus-T as support. I've pretty consistently beaten every stage I've gone up against. Golurk isn't even that high a level, 11/15.

I came 18th in the competition.

I was like 'they're not going to give us free hearts at check in' as I tapped 'Check In'. Boy was I wrong and do I regret only receiving 3 extra hearts. That will not be happening again! So instead of possibly being finished with this new Safari by using up some of my banked hearts I've had to do it the normal way. I'm missing Seaking, Minun and have yet to see the male Kimono mouse. Everything else was caught in Pokeballs.

(I don't use up my banked hearts because 1, I like having them there just in case and 2, Street Passes have long dried up where I live (unsurprisingly) so no extra hearts via that method.)

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets

Aaaaand found Kimono Girl. CAught it at 36% (pro tip: a landorus risk taker can finish this in like 2 moves if you're lucky), no great ball. A remarkably short & lucky safari for me! Caught almost everything without a great ball, and finished it within a day! I even got enough coins to recoup one of the great balls, or close to it

So now I'm all done for the entire week beyond the daily junk. More than enough coins, no need to Meowth. I guess I could Ampharos since I have several things that should be leveled up but...it's so boring....Just stick to victinis for a while

Safari completed, got everything bar Goldeen and Minum on day one using some of my banked hearts with the other two thankfully staying in Poke Balls on the second day. Goldeen took forever though despite being one of the Pokemon that appeared the most often. The Kimono Pikachu were the only ones needing Great Balls with the male needing two and the female one.

Also Minum is downright nasty if you don't have a candied M-Beedrill to help clear the cluttered board at the start, I was thankful I already got the Water-types out of the way so I can switch to using Ground-types.
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 22nd March 2017 at 8:56 AM.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!

I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Page 491 of 537 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501 ... LastLast