Thread: Pokemon Merchandise Regrets

Default Pokemon Merchandise Regrets

Do you regret buying something that you ended up not wanting or way overpaid? How about not buying something that is impossible to find or really expensive now?

Share your stories here!
    COME TO #SPP-MISC

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

If this counts, I was once trying to get a Poliwhirl plush out of a crane machine with a friend of my brother. We decided whoever got it first got to keep it, but we never got it out of the crane machine. I should have spent more tokens. I would love to have a Poliwhirl plush.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Well when Platinum was going to be released, I pre-ordered a copy that came with a free Tomy Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina figurine from some site. I regret not asking for the Giratina one specifically because they just randomly sent me the Palkia figure instead, which I already had. :c

16" normal Kyurem's plush. Saw it on a website for $70 and decided to wait because I had just bought the 16" Reshuram along with the White Kyurem. Now just two days ago, I decided to randomly buy it, only to find out it wasn't there anymore. After doing research it's apparently really hard to find as all of them have been sold.
    Friend Code: 1633-5265-3070
    Friend Safari: Normal
    Pokemon: Smeargle, Audino, Dunsparce

The Klefki keyring from the Japanese pokemon centers. When I first saw people offering it online it was under $20, but I thought that seemed like a lot for a keyring and gave myself the day to think it over. By evening the price had ballooned way out of control, and within days there were none being sold at all.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    The Klefki keyring from the Japanese pokemon centers. When I first saw people offering it online it was under $20, but I thought that seemed like a lot for a keyring and gave myself the day to think it over. By evening the price had ballooned way out of control, and within days there were none being sold at all.
    Me too actually. I saw it and thought it looked kinda cool but didn't bother to find any, by the time I looked it was gone nearly everywhere and cost a ton where it still existed. Lesson learned on that one for aure :/
    COME TO #SPP-MISC

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Of the top of my head the only regret I have is not getting the Pikazard plush. I was thinking of getting it, but since there were other plushies I wanted more than it at the time I decided to wait. After a few days, Pikazard had gone from $20-40 to $80+. Luckily the Pokemon Center is re-stocking them this month. I’ve also got a few bootleg plushies (that I didn’t know were fake that the time) that I regret buying.

When I was younger, that Colosseum Bonus disk! My mom told me it wasn't an actual game when we were shopping about, and I just went with that for a while. Missed my chance at a legit Jirachi...

Doesn't matter now of course, but still.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 12th April 2015 at 3:06 AM.

~ XY&Z ~

Yes this is a bump of an old thread but it's more efficient than making a new one..

Now I regret not buying all of the Worlds 2016 exclusive merchandise. I was initially going to but I saw the prices on all of them (seemingly a bit more expensive than regular Pokemon center merch, which is already not exactly cheap) and only bought about half the stuff. But because of the way my work pays us I got 3 pay checks this month instead of 2 (get paid every 2 weeks so there will be some overlap a couple times a year) and I definitely could have afforded the rest of the items. Now it'll probably cost 2-3x as much to get any of the items I skipped on the second hand market at least I got some of it..
    COME TO #SPP-MISC

Ugh... when the huge Snivy plush came out when Black and White was released, I paid around $300 for it on eBay. To be fair, the seller sent me a TON of freebies (and not cheap ones either, one sold on eBay for $61 recently and it's just a Tomy figure) so I probably got my money's worth and maybe even extra. But it's been a regret of mine since.

Wow, that is certainly a lot for a single plush. There's definitely a few items I regret spending more on when I could have gotten them for cheaper (mostly before I learned how to import properly and pair individual sellers more money to do it for me) but never by that much. Freebies help soften the blow for sure though!
    COME TO #SPP-MISC

(Hopefully I'm allowed to share) When the Pokemon Center was still open/not Nintendo NYC in New York, there was a lot of stuff that I wanted to get. One thing off the top of my head was a life-sized Totodile plush because my sister had the Chikorita one (which we still have!). But lots of things like import figures and plushes from the PC I never got because the store remodeled... There were also plushes of the DP starter ending evolutions that I wanted in California around 2008 but decided not to get because I was 11... And stupid. When we're talking about really key items that we regret not getting, another one was the 10th anniversary Ash figure from the AG saga. I remember seeing that in a pamphlet and being discouraged because of how few were made.

I have an obsession with a Make Believe Band. <3

I waited like a few hours for the Pokemon Center line at Pokemon Worlds and only got the bottle thing. I wanted a Banette plush pretty badly but they didn't have one. So yeah, the line. ;-;

I regret not pre-ordering Hg/Ss cuz I missed out on obtaining the exclusive Lugia and Ho-Oh figurines. I tried buying them online a few years ago, but I didn't end up doing it cuz I had debit card issues at that time. I hope that I'll find them for a cheap price someday soon tho so I can add them to my collection. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboro_san View Post
    I waited like a few hours for the Pokemon Center line at Pokemon Worlds and only got the bottle thing. I wanted a Banette plush pretty badly but they didn't have one. So yeah, the line. ;-;
    lol i was in that line too, it was pretty brutal. i was worried if i didnt grab what i wanted thursday night theyd sell out but then i went with my friend on saturday and they still had plenty of everything left for a ~20 min line.. i was a bit disappointed in the selection since the only exclusive plush they had were super generic pokemon (meowth and pikachu) and everything else for the most part had the same (admittedly cute) logo slapped all over it.
    COME TO #SPP-MISC

I guess my bummer was going to Japan last April and getting a bunch of stuff at the Osaka and Kyoto Pokemon Centers but still regretting not getting a couple of plushes that I really wanted.
    I went to Tokyo in October, so I was able to get everything I wanted. Worked out!
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

I really regret not getting the regular Alola Vulpix plush. They must have sold out quickly or something, because most of the ones on eBay are $100+ Australian dollars. I really hope they restock them soon. Thankfully I pre-ordered the Alola Ninetales plush, because I have a feeling it will be really popular as well.
    I also regret not getting the awake Glaceon and Espeon Kuttari's. Now I can't find any decently priced ones of them either... *sigh*