Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: July 16: Movie 19-Volcanion and the Ingenious Magearna (Sep 2: Playback the XY&Z 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Zygarde's not in Movie 18 though, it'll be in the next movie. :x
    That wasn't my point. We're about to witness a battle of some of the most powerful Legendary Pokemon in existence. The power creep may actually get a bit of obvious focus, and I was always convinced Zygarde, and to a lesser extent Xerneas and Yveltal, were made weaker for a reason. Whatever this new Zygarde form is, it's likely going to bring Zygarde to a point of being on par with many of the past legendary Pokemon.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Not necessarily, Hoopa grows twenty feet when it changes form but Hoopa Unbound is not considered a Mega Evolution. I wouldn't be surprised if Zygarde grew ten feet or so when it changes forms; but I also remember Regigigas looking a lot bigger in the teaser for its movie so the size might be being exaggerated a bit.
    You might have a point there. I'm more leaning towards it being a Mega or a Primal form considering that at least Hoopa's two forms are somewhat similar given there body types, where Zygarde has a serpent like body and the Pokemon in the teaser has a humanoid body and it much bigger than Zygarde.
    My Pokemon in AS (so far).

3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Is this silhoutte Zygarde's new Mega? A Primal Volcanion maybe? You know what would be awesome? If it's a NEW Pokemon, and they're using the SD/3DS capabilities to add Pokemon to the same generation. I hope that's the case
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    If it's a NEW Pokemon, and they're using the SD/3DS capabilities to add Pokemon to the same generation. I hope that's the case
    Except Masuda debunked that a while back: GF won't do DLC like that.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    You might have a point there. I'm more leaning towards it being a Mega or a Primal form considering that at least Hoopa's two forms are somewhat similar given there body types, where Zygarde has a serpent like body and the Pokemon in the teaser has a humanoid body and it much bigger than Zygarde.
    Is this silhoutte Zygarde's new Mega? A Primal Volcanion maybe? You know what would be awesome? If it's a NEW Pokemon, and they're using the SD/3DS capabilities to add Pokemon to the same generation. I hope that's the case
    I can assure you both that neither Zygarde or Volcanion will be receiving a Primal Devolution. Primal Devolution is exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre, and will not be given to any other Pokemon at all. The point of Primal Devolution is it uses the ancient energies of the Earth that Groudon and Kyogre fought over. It wouldn't make sense to give it to anybody else. Not even Rayquaza, who is actually linked lore-wise to the Primals, got a Primal Devolution.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I can assure you both that neither Zygarde or Volcanion will be receiving a Primal Devolution. Primal Devolution is exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre, and will not be given to any other Pokemon at all. The point of Primal Devolution is it uses the ancient energies of the Earth that Groudon and Kyogre fought over. It wouldn't make sense to give it to anybody else. Not even Rayquaza, who is actually linked lore-wise to the Primals, got a Primal Devolution.
    I highly doubt that Primal Reverision will stay exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre and wouldn't be surprised if whenvever they do the D&P remakes in those games they give primal reversions to Dialga, Giratinia, Palkia, and Regigiagas. Now also keep in mind that Groundon's and Kyogre's lore were modified to fit in the primal reversions, so I see no reason why other pokemon couldn't get a primal reversion too especially Dialga,Palkia, and Giratina since they have orbs too and Regigigas was originally able to tow continents and after years of sleeping moss started to grow on it, So they could easily modify their lore to explain why they would have a primal reversion.

Really the only reason why Ground and Kyogre are the only ones that have primal forms right now is because they were the mascots for OR&AS, So I highly doubt that it will stay exclusive to them for very long especially since there is a good chance that Volcanion will be revealed to have a primal since Hoopa got a form change and Diance got a Mega evolution it would only make sense that Volcanion would get a primal reversion.

Also Zygarde could have a primal reversion since it was mention in its dex entry that when the environment is in danger it will reveal it's power.
    Last edited by ShadowForce720; 13th July 2015 at 5:13 AM.

Oh. Well, in that case, can we have something similar? Like, say, Ancient Evolution? Because you better believe I'll give them money to see Fossil Pokemon return to their non-Rock origins, even if it's just a forme change instead of mega-ish

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    I highly doubt that Primal Reverision will stay exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre and wouldn't be surprised if whenvever they do the D&P remakes in those games they give primal reversions to Dialga, Giratinia, Palkia, and Regigiagas. Now also keep in mind that Groundon's and Kyogre's lore were modified to fit in the primal reversions, so I see no reason why other pokemon couldn't get a primal reversion too especially Dialga,Palkia, and Giratina since they have orbs too and Regigigas was originally able to tow continents and after years of sleeping moss started to grow on it, So they could easily modify their lore to explain why they would have a primal reversion.

Really the only reason why Ground and Kyogre are the only ones that have primal forms right now is because they were the mascots for OR&AS, So I highly doubt that it will stay exclusive to them for very long especially since there is a good chance that Volcanion will be revealed to have a primal since Hoopa got a form change and Diance got a Mega evolution it would only make sense that Volcanion would get a primal reversion.

Also Zygarde could have a primal reversion since it was mention in its dex entry that when the environment is in danger it will reveal it's power.
    Except that Primal Reversion was created specifically for Groudon and Kyogre. Just because a Pokemon is ancient doesn't mean it qualifies for Primal Reversion. Saying that other Pokemon should get Primal Reversion is like saying that other Pokemon should be able to fuse using the DNA Splicers, or change into Attack, Defense, or Speed Forms depending on which meteorite they touch.

Also, they really just made Primal Reversion to cash in on the popularity of Mega Evolution. Odds are that by the time we get Sinnoh remakes (if we even do), by 7th, or maybe even 8th gen, Mega Evolution won't be the current obsession anymore, as by that point it will be old news. They'll still make new ones probably, but they won't be in the forefront enough to put on cover Pokemon. That means they won't be pushing it as hard any more, which probably means no Megas for Palkia and Dialga, let alone Primals.

Oh. Well, in that case, can we have something similar? Like, say, Ancient Evolution? Because you better believe I'll give them money to see Fossil Pokemon return to their non-Rock origins, even if it's just a forme change instead of mega-ish
    There's nothing saying it can't happen, but to be frank, it seems unlikely.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Except that Primal Reversion was created specifically for Groudon and Kyogre. Just because a Pokemon is ancient doesn't mean it qualifies for Primal Reversion. Saying that other Pokemon should get Primal Reversion is like saying that other Pokemon should be able to fuse using the DNA Splicers, or change into Attack, Defense, or Speed Forms depending on which meteorite they touch.

Also, they really just made Primal Reversion to cash in on the popularity of Mega Evolution. Odds are that by the time we get Sinnoh remakes (if we even do), by 7th, or maybe even 8th gen, Mega Evolution won't be the current obsession anymore, as by that point it will be old news. They'll still make new ones probably, but they won't be in the forefront enough to put on cover Pokemon. That means they won't be pushing it as hard any more, which probably means no Megas for Palkia and Dialga, let alone Primals.

There's nothing saying it can't happen, but to be frank, it seems unlikely.
    They modified those 2 pokemon lore to fit primal reversion. Also each game is going to introduce more mega evolutions so it's not going to matter how much time has past they could easily introduce more primal reversions. Also no it's not the same as saying that DNA splicers should be able to fuse other pokemon beside Kyruem since it was hinted at that Kyruem could probably merge with Zerkrom and Reshiram. Also have you already forgotten that like Groudon and Kyogre the dragon trio from Sinnoh also has orbs I see no reason as to why they could get primals too.

Also as to the 2nd bold may I remind you that before ORAS came out people would have said the exact same thing about Groudon and Kyogre getting new forms and look what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    They modified those 2 pokemon lore to fit primal reversion. Also each game is going to introduce more mega evolutions so it's not going to matter how much time has past they could easily introduce more primal reversions. Also no it's not the same as saying that DNA splicers should be able to fuse other pokemon beside Kyruem since it was hinted at that Kyruem could probably merge with Zerkrom and Reshiram. Also have you already forgotten that like Groudon and Kyogre the dragon trio from Sinnoh also has orbs I see no reason as to why they could get primals too.

Also as to the 2nd bold may I remind you that before ORAS came out people would have said the exact same thing about Groudon and Kyogre getting new forms and look what happened.
    I will admit that unlikely things can happen, but there's a difference between what can happen and what should happen. Mega Evolutions are a generic ability that can be given to any Pokemon, Primal Reversion is more of a form change than a Mega Evolution, even though it's based off of Mega Evolution. Sure, you could change Palkia and Dialga's lore to say they commanded Primal Energies as well, but that would be no different from changing their lore to say that their DNA is compatible via the DNA Splicers. And aside being in the shape of an orb, the Lustrous, Adamant, and Griseous Orb have nothing to do with the Red and Blue Orbs at all. It's really just a coincidence that both groups have orbs.

Check it out!

I can assure you both that neither Zygarde or Volcanion will be receiving a Primal Devolution.
    Primal Reversion, and where are the receipts, as in actual proof? Because unfortunately I haven't seen an official statement.

Primal Reversion, and where are the receipts, as in actual proof? Because unfortunately I haven't seen an official statement.
    Yeah, I misspoke, that's what I used to call them before there was an official name. Anyways I feel like it's pretty obvious. Do you disagree? Sure, it's not technically speaking impossible, but it's such low odds that it might as well be.

Check it out!

There's no proof it's just an idea I'm pretty sure and I hope Zygarde's new forme is a mega any ways.

I will admit that unlikely things can happen, but there's a difference between what can happen and what should happen. Mega Evolutions are a generic ability that can be given to any Pokemon, Primal Reversion is more of a form change than a Mega Evolution, even though it's based off of Mega Evolution. Sure, you could change Palkia and Dialga's lore to say they commanded Primal Energies as well, but that would be no different from changing their lore to say that their DNA is compatible via the DNA Splicers. And aside being in the shape of an orb, the Lustrous, Adamant, and Griseous Orb have nothing to do with the Red and Blue Orbs at all. It's really just a coincidence that both groups have orbs.
    HOLD IT! ORAS actually did change the lores. How so? Mega Rayquaza. Megas in XY were established to be psuedo-evolutions brought out by Mega Stones, born from the Ultimate Weapon. However Mega Rayquaza is the result of people praying to it, giving it power. Thus, a Primal evolution could come from a different method if Megas can

HOLD IT! ORAS actually did change the lores. How so? Mega Rayquaza. Megas in XY were established to be psuedo-evolutions brought out by Mega Stones, born from the Ultimate Weapon. However Mega Rayquaza is the result of people praying to it, giving it power. Thus, a Primal evolution could come from a different method if Megas can
    TBH Rayquaza is not all that different. The dex entry says: "It flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to Mega Evolve."

So for Rayquaza, the meteoroids are like Mega Stones and the human connection a Pokemon needs is provided by the people praying.

It's somewhat different, but the idea is similar.

No.

Rayquaza can Mega Evolve without a Mega Stone because it possesses something called a mikado organ. This organ allows it to Mega Evolve as long as it has power, which Rayquaza fuels by eating meteoroids. Basically, Rayquaza does have a Mega Stone. But it's a special one inside of its body.

And Primal Reversion is described in game as being similar to Mega Evolution, but the Pokemon absorbs energy from nature itself instead of using the bond between it and its Trainer.

So basically, pretty much what I said. The point here is that Rayquaza needs SOMETHING to evolve (in this case the meteorites), it can't just evolve by itself.

Oh cool! A new Pokemon!

I guess it has something to do with Zygarde. If it does, I could imagine Zygarde being in some kind of "cocoon-stage" and it evolves/mega-evolves into this new Pokemon by opening its slit in the middle of its head... kind of like molting!

I just realized how Zygarde's name sounds similar to cicada..........

---relevant gif animation:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...animated-2.gif xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Nope, Victini was first shown in the teaser for movie 14.

Also here's something no one has pointed out yet.

The working title for the movie is "Pokémon the Movie XY 3".
    Now keep in mind that the working title for the three BW movies were "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: The First Movie", "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: The Second Movie" and "Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: The Last Movie".

Confirmation of a fourth XY movie? Maybe.
    It's interesting you note this because I did speculate (in one of my videos) that 2016 would be the 3rd versions of the game, and wasn't until 2017 we'd get 7th generation which would mean we'd get an additional XY anime/generation movie.

It's going to be hard to top every legendary ever the movie.

I hope that shadow is a new Pokemon, but I'm sure its an form of an Pokémon we already know.
    I can´t wait for the reveal of this mysterious Pokémon!
    My dearest pair since January 9th 2008 Xenavire
    <3

I don't believe that the shadow is a new Pokemon from Gen 7, mostly because those early glimpses are for smaller Pokemon usually (Victini, Zorua/Zoroark), and a Pokemon that size could only be a major Legendary.

The Pokemon in question seems to share a crest on its forehead, as well as hexagons, from Zygarde's design. Also, people are quick to state that it has legs even though those are actually not seen. It could be possible that the arms/torso are sitting atop a snake lower body.

No matter what it is, I have a feeling we are in for a big announcement soon.

Where's the information that says that they numbered the Best Wishes movie? From what I remember, they never numbered them at all and just started numbering the movies since XY. And I can't find any information online about them numbering the movies. So for all we know, the 19th movie still has a chance at being the last XY movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuoko View Post
    Where's the information that says that they numbered the Best Wishes movie?
    ..everywhere? It was all over their trailers.

(Actually the second one was called "Pocket Monsters the 15th Anniversary Movie", but the other two were "the first" and "the last")
    Last edited by Dephender; 13th July 2015 at 6:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuoko View Post
    Where's the information that says that they numbered the Best Wishes movie? From what I remember, they never numbered them at all and just started numbering the movies since XY. And I can't find any information online about them numbering the movies. So for all we know, the 19th movie still has a chance at being the last XY movie.
    And no Z version/sequels? Everything points at it

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast