Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

- I saw professor Juniper and Bianca at Lacunosa town and we visited a house where an old lady talked about the legend of Lacunosa town and the Giant Chasm. I then left and shopped.
    - I finished buying supplies and visited a few cottages before setting off to Opelucid city via Route 12. But first I saw my rival who mentioned Team Plasma, then Zinzolin appeared. ^^;
    - I defeated Zinzolin and healed my team and went through Route 12. I went on a catching spree too, then I crossed the meadow and beat trainers and soon I arrived at the Village Bridge.

Today, I played White 2 again and returned to the World Tournament. I decided to enter the Rental Tournament since I don't do that one too often. First, I tried the Triple Battle style and took all six rental Pokemon offered. My team included Jellicent, Servine, and Liepard. The first trainer was really easy, but the next two were quite difficult. During the second battle, I got down to just Jellicent while the opponent still had 4 Pokemon remaining, but Jellicent somehow pulled through and won for me. The final battle was similar, with Jellicent being my final Pokemon, but that time Jellicent couldn't win and so I lost.

Next, I tried again and chose Double Battles. I picked 4 rental Pokemon, with Pansage and Palpitoad as my leads. This time, all three battles were pretty easy for me. I didn't have to rely on my other two Pokemon at all (can't even remember what they were) and won the tournament no problem.
    ~ * * ~

My final steps in Unova... for now, at least.

I haven't been going back as much since I've spent all my time these days in Moon, but today I did the final 2 areas of White Treehollow, and beat Benga. I wasn't very confident in my abilities to do that since the Treehollow can be quite difficult. But I did it! And got me his shiny Dratini as a reward. Scripted shiny, might i add.

Afterward, I plopped my team in the PC, and migrated everyone I ever caught save for HM slaves to Moon. Not just my team got the treatment, I migrated all the pokemon I got from Curtis, my legendaries, and pokemon with HAs that I caught in Hidden Grottoes.

... save for one Overcoat female Gentle Dusk Ball Leavanny. For whatever reason, Bank thought it was illegal, even thought I caught it myself, so it couldn't be migrated. The strangest thing is that I had 3 Leavanny, and the other 2 went through no problem. I've never had a problem like this before with Bank not taking "illegal" pokemon aside from Mew Glitch Mew (and that one was rightful, this one is just strange. I assume Bank is just borked.

Well, after migrating what I actually can, I discovered that pretty much everyone has piss for IVs. Happens, I guess. Well, let's not let that bother me too much, I'm gonna defend my champion title with my babies from my 2nd run of White 2!
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola

3 shiny hunted, 18 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

- I took my time and explored as much of the Village Bridge area as I could and picked up several things along the way across it, before passing the gate that led to Route 11 next ha ha.
    - At Route 11, I defeated trainers as I sped toward Opelucid city and I also caught a few Pokemon, then suddenly the legendary Virizion jumped off the cliff nearby, which spooked me.
    - I left Virizion alone there for the time being and headed straight into Opelucid city. I saw Iris again and she mentioned Drayden, then I made a quick pit stop at the Pokemon Center. ^^

Continued with Black today. I decided to go back to Route 14 and finish exploring it. But first, I needed to catch a Pokemon that could learn Waterfall since I discovered none of the Pokemon in my PC could learn it (and it doesn't belong on my Omastar's moveset). So, I went Surfing on R. 14 and soon found a Basculin. After wasting 7-8 balls, it ended up killing itself with recoil from Take Down or Double Edge. Found another one soon after that and managed to catch it after several more balls. Ugh, that was probably the most annoying catch I've had in a while.

Once I had a Waterfall slave, I climbed the falls on R. 14 and helped Looker arrest the first sage. Then, I fought the remaining trainers before reaching the Abundant Shrine. That place was larger than I'd remembered - I was there for quite a while training and picking up the items scattered around.

Finally, I returned to Undella Town and healed. Next time, I'll continue on to the next route.
    ~ * * ~

- I shopped for supplies at the Opelucid Pokemon Center and next I went out to explore the sights and to grab as many items as I could find hee hee. I then quickly went to Route 9.
    - I visited Shopping Mall Nine at Route 9 and spent a while level training in the tall grass nearby also cuz my team was looking kind of mediocre. I caught myself a Garbodor too. :]
    - I returned to Opelucid ciity now and visited Drayden's gym. Clyde gave me a Fresh Water as usual and I began challenging trainers while trying to solve the gym's complicated puzzle.

I have been playing Black and White a little again. Haven't been doing anything special though. Just been visiting various areas of Unova and getting my daily item from the Treasure Hunter. I also participated in the Pep Quiz at Icirrus City, which I usually don't do. It's a bit silly but quite fun. Anyway, I have been thinking about playing Gen 5 a little bit again. I have had some ideas about creating new teams on my games just for fun, but I haven't made a final decision yet. I'm not really sure if I have time since I need to focus on Gen 7 right now. Will have to think about it for a bit, maybe I'll just take it very easy if I should decide to do it. Going to play Black 2 and White 2 a little next up.

- I kept attempting to solve the Opelucid city gym's puzzle and at last I reached Drayden's area and challenged him. My Beartic basically swept Drayden's dragon types alone. :]
    - I received the Legend badge when Drayden had lost, then he asked me to visit his home. He spoke about Reshiram and Zekrom when I went there and suddenly we heard rumbling.
    - Team Plasma's Frigate had appeared in the skies above Opelucid city and it shot ice cannons, which froze sections of the city. Next Zinzolin and two Plasma grunts showed up. :[

Decided to play Black & Black 2 properly, i didn't give the games a real chance when they came out and barely played them. Going back to games without fairy is weird. Started with Black 2 cause?

Anyway grabbed the basic starting pack Oshawhat, Riolu, Magby and Magnemite. Grabbed a Scraggy when i reached the big city. Spent some time killing audinos, was hoping for Riolu to evolve but forgot it needs to be daylight so i shall stop for the night. Current team is Dewwhat, Magenmite, Scraggy, Magby and Riolu.
    Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 7)

Sharpedo (2003) - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp (2010) - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Ivysaur #1 - Gothorita - Quilladin - Magneton - Ivysaur #2 - Kakuna (2012-13) - friend safari
    Omanyte (2014) - Hatched thanks to the will of Lord Helix during TPP.
    Charmander (2017) - Hatched in Gen 7 will be a perfect Charizard-Y thanks to bottlecaps
    Elygem - Pelipper (2017) - Sneaking in Alpha Sapphire.
    NidoranM - Horde Encounter (2017)

- Zinzolin talked about N, then I had to explore the city and defeat a few Team Plasma members who were hanging around. I had to engage Zinzolin in a battle now, which I won. ^^
    - Zinzolin left and Drayden was about to hand me the DNA Splicers, tho the Shadow Triad soon grabbed them and fled. I chased one down and defeated him, tho he still escaped.
    - I got a call from my rival via the Xtransceiver and I chatted with Cheren as well, who mentioned how the Plasma Frigate was seen near Humilau city. So I set off once again ha ha.

Finally had time to continue on Black. I left Undella Town, finding myself on Route 13. Most of my playtime today was spent exploring that route. There were quite a few trainers, so I spent a lot of time in battle. Most of the trainers were easy, thankfully, but some could be a little annoying because my Pokemon were lower levelled. I was able to get everyone on my team to level 60+ today, though, so at least I'm catching up.

Eventually, I reached Lacunosa Town.
    ~ * * ~

I played through White Version this past week and a half. So nostalgic.

I managed to beat the main storyline fairly easy, while attempting to level-grind and power-up my main team as much as possible. My team consists of Samurott, Leavanny, Chandelure, Swoobat, Zebstrika, and Scrafty. I managed to give movesets to my team that include 16 of the 17 available types, so I've got excellent coverage for battle!

After completing the main story, I've begun venturing to the eastern areas of Unova to unlock certain events, trainers, and the National Pokedex. I've begun collecting and capturing Pokemon as I encounter them, to fill up the Unova Dex quickly. So far, I'm at 95 captures. I've managed to capture Cobalion, Thundrus, Kyurem, and Zekrom from the legendary list. I'm getting prepared to go after Virizion and Terrakion as well.
    #ProtectPopplio
    The Original Team:

Friend Code: 0705-6717-9136

- So my next destination was Humilau city cuz it was home to Unova's last gym and also Team Plasma was handing out there from what I heard. I had to go through Undella again tho.
    - As I moved on, my rival called me on the Xtransceiver to tell me to take the Marine Tube path to Humilau city. With his sage advice in mind, I passed through the aquarium. ^^;
    - I was now in Humilau city and I saw my rival and he told me that the gym leader wasn't at the gym, which put my gym challenge on hold. Instead I just went on a shopping spree.

Forgot one thing in my last post. I did a Feeling Check on B/W which I hadn't done on these games before (only done it on B2/W2). And it's not strange why since it is rather difficult to do it alone with 2 games. I did get a rather high score though, as well as some Sweet Hearts. Anyway, after my last post, I played B2/W2 a little as well, didn't really do anything special here either though. Just went to various areas in Unova to look at the scenery and then did some small daily events as well. As for my idea of making new teams on this generation, I think I will have to put it on hold for a while, I need to focus on Gen 7 for now. But I will consider doing it in the future when things have settled down a bit.

- I had to find gym leader Marlon next after I visited the Pokemon Center to do a bit of shopping and to exchange Pokemon. I didn't have to search for long cuz I found Marlon close by.
    - I spoke with Marlon by a hut to the north and then when he went back to the Humilau gym, I visited the huts as well and got my hands on a few items next hee hee. I then went south. :]
    - I surfed south to Route 21 and defeated trainers there cuz my team needed the experience and then I saw Seaside Cave, tho I just surfed back to Humilau city and didn't explore it yet. ^^

Today, I talked to all of the NPCs around Lacunosa Town. After that, I went back out to Route 13 briefly in order to clear the path to Giant Chasm. I used Surf, found a Prism Scale, and then pushed the Strength boulder in the hole to allow easy access to Giant Chasm from Lacunosa Town. I went up to the chasm for a minute, too, but I don't plan on exploring it fully until later.

Next, I went to Route 12. I quickly defeated all of the trainers there before reaching the Village Bridge.
    ~ * * ~

Black:

I fought Bianca at the Pokémon Research Lab, using almost all members of my team to battle. She was pretty straightforward, since my team is almost all at Level 100. I flew to Route 8 to receive an Icy Rock from the rock Parasol Lady, and I checked up on the challenge rock just outside of Nacrene City.

Black 2:

I fought Trisha and rode with her on the Ferris Wheel. She's been pregnant for like 5 years now; when's she going to give birth? But anyway, I flew to Pinwheel Forest to Audino-train my Unfezant (Penticton) a little to bring her up to Level 88. I wonder where America (Hugh) is? He's somewhere in Driftveil City, he said...

Black:

Fought Trisha again at the Ferris Wheel and rode with her. After that, I went to both of the Nimbasa City stadiums to battle all the available Trainers. My Jellicent, Jenner, is very close to becoming my first Level 100 Pokémon in this game. I took on the sandwich-making duties at Village Bridge, getting every single order correct, and receiving a Lum Berry as a reward. I battled with Cheren at Victory Road; his Samurott was a bit tricky to take down since he had on a Focus Sash, and his Blizzard hit my Simisage, Springhill, for super-effective damage. He managed to hold on, however, and take him out with Seed Bomb. I pawned off some excess Fossils I'd collected around Unova for a good amount of cash.

Black 2:

I went in search of my rival America (Hugh) in Driftveil City, engaging with him in our first rival battle since we'd last met in Undella Town. Like Cheren in the original Black, his Samurott had a Focus Sash on, but since I had my Magnezone, Halbrite, with me, he wasn't much trouble as with Simisage (Springhill). I went to Nimbasa City, where much to my surprise, America was going to ride the Ferris Wheel with me, and he did. Trisha then rode with me, still pregnant as always. I then went to the Nimbasa stadiums to fight all the trainers inside, and I also fought with Cilan as my partner at the Straiaton City restaurant, facing Cress and Chili. Cilan unfortunately had all of his Grass team killed by Chili's Fire-types and Cress' Simipour's Ice Beam, so I had to take on the two myself with Halbrite.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 28th March 2017 at 6:35 PM. Reason: please don't double post
    I love Canada now and forever.

- I went to Humilau city's gym cuz I was now fully prepared to challenge Marlon for my final Unova badge. I had to cross a giant pond on lily pads and defeated several trainers too.
    - I got confused regarding how to reach Marlon's spot hee hee, tho I soon got over it and challenged him. I easily swept his Carracosta, Jellicent and Wailord using just my Lilligant ha ha.
    - When I won, I got the Wave badge as my prize and saw my rival outside when I finished and he mentioned Team Plasma. I healed my team, shopped and then went to Route 22.

Covered the Village Bridge area tonight. I started by going over the bridge and visiting every house. Then, I focused on defeating all of the trainers. That wasn't too hard for the most part, though this Amoonguss I battled was pretty annoying due to Spore. I used my Bisharp during most of the battles since I hadn't used it in a while as I had it stored in the PC to make room for an HM slave.

Once all of the trainers were defeated, I stayed in the area for a little while longer just to listen to the music. Always love the Village Bridge's song. Eventually, I continued on to Route 11. I didn't have time to explore that route, so I just dodged all of the trainers and made a beeline for Opelucid City. Next time, I'll go back and do everything on Route 11.
    ~ * * ~

- So I made my way out of Humilau city now that I had my hands on all eight gym badges and I visited Route 22. I defeated trainers and walked down steps and saw Terrakion next. :]
    - Before approaching Terrakion, I bumped into Colress who handed me the Colress MCHN, which he had invented himself and which could clear away the sleeping Crustle at Seaside Cave.
    - I went through Route 21 again to Seaside Cave now and I entered it this time. I defeated wild Pokemon and caught an Eelektrik and removed Crustle, then I saw the Plasma Frigate.

Today, the main thing I did was go back and explore Route 11. I brought my Basculin Waterfall slave with me so that I could access every part of the route and find all the items and trainers. The trainers were pretty easy (except for the one time that my Vileplume fainted) and I was able to get most of my team to level 64.

Once that was done, I returned to Opelucid City and healed at the Pokemon Center. Now that I've covered most of eastern Unova, I haven't decided what I'm going to do next. Maybe train some more or finish the Team Plasma sage thing.
    ~ * * ~

- So I confirmed Cheren's report regarding the Plasma Frigate being docked near Humilau city and I approached it. My rival showed up too of course and Marlon lowered the dock. ^^
    - Marlon left when the docking plank was down and I was on the Frigate next when suddenly Plasma grunts surrounded me and my rival. I defeated a grunt and my rival left on his own.
    - While my rival searched for Zinzolin, I walked along the vessel and I beat more Plasma grunts ha ha. Soon I had to solve a puzzle involving a force field and had to find the Plasma Card.

I decided to return to Undella Town today to do the Cynthia battle. My Pokemon were still quite a few levels lower than hers, but they were higher than when I first reached Undella, so I was hopeful that I could win. I lead with my Braviary and had it set up Hone Claws while Spiritomb just spammed Double Team. Then, I used a couple of X Speeds, which I brought along since during a soft-reset attempt at this battle earlier, Braviary was slower than Garchomp. This time, Braviary was faster and able to OHKO Garchomp. After that threat was out of the way, I kept Braviary in for the rest of the fight and used it to sweep through all of Cynthia's Pokemon.

The Cynthia fight allowed Braviary to grow from level 62 to 65, becoming the strongest Pokemon on my time level-wise. I might work on levelling up my Mismagius next time, since I saw that it's only level 62 whereas my other Pokemon are lv.64-65.
    ~ * * ~

- So I had to finish solving some complicated puzzle aboard the Plasma Frigate and soon I went to the southern part of the ship and down the steps and saw my rival again hee hee. :]
    - He ran off in search of Purrloin and I defeated Plasma grunts inside the six rooms below the deck and then I got my hands on the Plasma Card item that I had been searching for. ^^
    - So now I needed to input a password after getting the Plasma Card item and I disarmed the barrier. I saw Kyurem locked up and I had to battle against Zinzolin and a lowly grunt next.

Did a little backtracking today. First, I returned to Black City and talked to the few people I had there. I was able to fight them, which helped my Mienshao grow to level 65. Then, I continued on and eventually entered Nimbasa City again. I decided to head into one of the stadiums there to continue training. Some of the trainers were a little annoying to deal with due to their teams being the same level or a bit higher than mine (and so many Liepards >_>), but overall they weren't too bad. My entire team got to lv. 65 pretty quickly.

Finally, I went to the Nimbasa Pokemon Center to heal before saving. Next time, I'll probably buy some healing items at the mart since I noticed my stock is getting low.

Team:

All level 65
    ~ * * ~

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast