Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

After talking to the NPCs around Celestic Town, I headed over to the ruins. A Team Galactic Grunt was blocking the entrance, so of course I had to battle him. My Magneton easily OHKOed both of his Pokemon, forcing him to leave. I then went inside the ruins, examined the painting at the back, and talked to Cyrus once I was back outside. Oh, I also got Surf from Cynthia’s grandmother somewhere along the line, too.

Next, I figured it was time to head back to Hearthome City. Along the way, I rematched a few trainers with the VS Seeker to get my whole team to level 33. Once I was in Hearthome, I saved. I will go to the Gym next time.
    >>// \\<<

Yesterday in SoulSilver, with my Starmie, La Malbaie, at the helm, I called Janine on my Pokégear for a battle with her. After the daily Apricorn harvest and Ball Capsule collection, I flew across Kanto to Saffron City, meeting up with her at the Fighting Dojo.

I mostly used La Malbaie for this fight, but for her Bug/Poison-types, I used my Pidgeot, Penticton, since I'd already given Neepawa (my Ninetales) enough battling over the past few days. As a result, thanks to her carrying the Luck Incense, I got double the usual prize money - not forgetting my Meganium, Ottawa, and his Earthquake on Drapion.

After the battle, my mother called me, so I went down to the PokéMart to collect a parcel of Tanga Berries. I went to Mt. Silver to finish off La Malbaie's training, levelling her up to Level 89. I switched her out afterwards for Penticton in the lead, and flew back home to New Bark.
    I love Canada now and forever.

Today, I went over to the Hearthome Gym. I checked out all of the math problems and solved them in my head easily, but I still went through every door as I wanted to fight all of the trainers. I defeated the Gym trainers primarily with my Meditite and Skorupi, since even though I wasn't going to use them in the Gym Leader fight, I want to level them up a bit.

Eventually, I fought Fantina. She started with her Driftblim, which my Magneton handled no problem. Next was Mismagius. At first, I wasn't sure what to use against this thing, but then I remembered that I'd taught my Yanmega Shadow Ball on my HeartGold. So, I tossed Yanmega out and got a nice OHKO. Finally, Fantina's Gengar went down to my Psychic-using Starmie.

After receiving the Relic Badge, I began heading back to the Pokemon Center. Once I stepped out of the Gym, Cynthia approached me. Ok, I really haven't played through the Diamond/Pearl story in a while, since I have absolutely no memory of Cynthia appearing right there. But anyway, she told me about the Canalave library or something before leaving. I then just continued to the Pokemon Center and healed.

Team:

Lv. 33-35
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I called Misty first thing on my Pokégear for a rematch just before I set out on the daily Apricorn harvest. Although I had my Pidgeot, Penticton, out at the front, I temporarily switched her out for my Ampharos, Amherst, once I got to the Saffron City Fighting Dojo. I used a mix of him and my Meganium, Ottawa (who is greatly overlevelled and over-experienced at this point) for her Water-types.

Afterwards, I switched back to Penticton in the lead again, and flew to Mt. Silver for her to catch up to the others by training her. She managed to take down one big Ursaring and got two critical hits in a row using Twister. Bouncing Ponytas aren't a problem for her either - she can just Fly up. I pushed her onwards with the training until she eventually hit Level 89, when I then switched her out for my Umbreon, Unity.

Today, I visited a few areas where I could use Surf. I walked over to the eastern half of Sinnoh and Surfed on the small bodies of water around Solaceon Town and Veilstone City to get a couple of items. Then, I headed down to Route 213. There, I Surfed on the little bit of ocean and battled the remaining trainers. My Torterra participated in every battle and gained a couple of levels.

Next, I returned to Jubilife City. I went over to the Poketch Co. and received a couple new apps from the president. Once that was done, I just saved since I didn't have time to play more today. Next time, I'll continue exploring areas with Surf.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I called Lt. Surge on my Pokégear first thing for a battle at the Saffron City Fighting Dojo. Although I had my Umbreon, Unity, in the top spot, I switched him out for my Meganium, Ottawa, even though he's been pretty overused these past few instances of me playing. He obliterated almost his whole Electric-type team with just one Earthquake, but for the last two members, I used Neepawa, my Ninetales, to finish off. Ottawa is now my first team member to hit the big 9-0. Only ten more to go...

After the battle, I went to collect a parcel of Haban Berries at the nearby PokéMart. I switched back to Unity in the top spot, and since I felt he was falling a little bit behind all the others (especially Ottawa), I decided to put him on an intensive training routine at Mt. Silver. He eventually caught up with his peers (with the exception of Ottawa), reaching Level 89.
    Last edited by NovaBrunswick; 26th May 2017 at 7:09 PM. Reason: Adding me collecting a parcel at the PokéMart

Continued exploring with Surf. I returned to the eastern side of Sinnoh and quickly explored the water areas of Route 212. Then, I started heading back to the western half of the region. Along the way, I defeated several Pokemon in Mt. Coronet, allowing my Magneton to level up and evolve into Magnezone.

In west Sinnoh, I headed over to the Floaroma Town area. As I was walking out to the river on Route 205, I remembered that it was Friday, so I decided to stop by the Valley Windworks. There, I fought Drifloon and caught it after weakening it using my Skorupi. Once that was done, I went returned to R. 205 and Surfed up to where the Fuego Ironworks was.

After checking out the northern part of the Floaroma Meadow, I went into the ironworks. I fought the trainers inside and was able to get my Meditite to evolve into Medicham. The spin tile puzzle was pretty easy for me this time and I was able to make it to the centre of the room and get the Flamethrower TM without making any mistakes.

Next, I headed south. I checked out the part of Ravaged Path that requires Surf, then continued down to Sandgem Town. From there, I went down to the beach and Surfed on the ocean. I fully explored the routes leading to the Pal Park, doing lots of training along the way. Finished getting my whole team to at least level 37, then started focusing on levelling up Skorupi for evolution.

Finally, I was ready to head to Canalave, so I went to Route 218. I battled trainers and wild Pokemon there until Skorupi reached level 40 and evolved into Drapion, giving me a fully evolved team now. After that, I entered the gate leading to the city, got an update for my Pokedex, and then entered Canalave.

Team:

Lv. 37-40
    >>// \\<<

- I Surfed north from Sunyshore city now cuz I needed to visit the island where the Pokemon League took place. I had to endure many wild Tentacools tho and even some Swimmers.
    - I stopped on a few small isles as I crossed Route 223 and soon I reached a waterfall which I climbed. I healed my team next and entered Victory Road, which I was dreading ha ha.
    - I began facing my nightmare by shoving boulders with Strength and using Rock Climb and I faced several trainers too. I picked up some Tms as well and Surfed in one section. ^^

After healing at the Canalave Pokemon Center, I started looking around the city. As I was crossing the bridge, my rival popped up and challenged me to another battle. I swept his team using three of my Pokemon: my Starmie defeated his Staravia & Roselia, Medicham defeated Heracross & Monferno, and finally my Torterra took down Buizel.

Once the battle was over, I continued exploring by heading into the library. I checked out some of the books there, then went back outside to talk to some NPCs. I sailed over to Iron Island briefly, but decided not to go through the cave yet. Instead, I remembered that I forgot to go back to Lost Tower to get the Strength HM...so I ended up flying back to Solaceon Town and headed into the tower. The trainers were really low-leveled compared to me, so they were very easy to defeat. At the top of the tower, I received the HM and a Cleanse Tag, too.

Finally, I returned to Canalave. Next time, I think I'll go back to Iron Island before taking on the Gym.
    >>// \\<<

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526