Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: 4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Decided to replay my Pokemon Diamond. Currently I have just beaten Barry outside of Jubilife, and have a Chimchar, Starly, Shinx and Bidoof on the team
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

Tonight, I went through Route 224. Not much to say about it except that I battled some trainers as usual, found some items, and picked some berries. It seemed a little longer than I'd remembered, I guess. The trainer battles also helped me get my whole team to at least level 65, so that was nice.

Once I reached the white rock, I flew back to the Survival Area and healed. Now, I've explored every part of Sinnoh except the Snowpoint Temple IIRC. Might go to the temple next time, even if I can't catch Regigigas right now since I haven't sent over a copy of the Regi trio.
    I might catch Regigigas and the roaming legends eventually, though, depending if I feel like it.

Lv. 65-66
    >>// \\<<

Thanks to Machop, beating Roark was extremely easy. The real difficulty was getting my other Pokemon the EXP. I have added a Budew and Shellos for my team. Budew, I just want it to love and and evolve. Shellos however, it's my favorite type combination of Water/Ground in its final form, and knows Water Pulse early on so it's pretty useful for where I am now. I may keep it the whole way

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Thanks to Machop, beating Roark was extremely easy. The real difficulty was getting my other Pokemon the EXP. I have added a Budew and Shellos for my team. Budew, I just want it to love and and evolve. Shellos however, it's my favorite type combination of Water/Ground in its final form, and knows Water Pulse early on so it's pretty useful for where I am now. I may keep it the whole way
    When I played Platinum, Roark kicked me the first time I went to fight him, because of his Cranidos' Headbutt being hilariously overpowered for just the first Gym Leader. You can get Psyduck in the cave just outside Oreburgh, but he didn't really know any good Water moves at that point. I did defeat him on the second try though (can't remember with who).
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

At Floarama, using the opportunity to get dat honey tree. I have a Murkrow now for my Dark type on the team, so I don't need Staravia at the mo'. I managed to get a female Combee on my second try, who will be farmed for honey before evolution

I remember why i stopped playing Platinum now that I've reached the E4 once more. The level curve is honestly ridiculous, Go in with pokemon just reaching level 50 while the E4 and Cynthia quickly scale from 49 to 62 and on top of that Cynthia has perfect pokemon. This is one of the worst forms of 'difficulty', oh we just severely increased the trainers pokemon levels without giving you any real way to catch up beyond suicide on the E4 until you can make it through.
    Shiny Count (From Gen 3 - 7)

Sharpedo (2003) - Caught as a Carnavana in Sapphire
    Machamp (2010) - As a Macoke in Platinum
    Gen 6/7 are so common that it is no longer worth mentioning.

Lucky enough to get a shiny Wurmple while level grinding for the second gym

Remembered that I hadn't gone to the Old Chateau, so I decided to go there tonight instead of the Snowpoint Temple.

After stocking up on several types of Poke Balls, I flew to Eterna City and headed to the forest. Outside the chateau, I spoke with Gardenia and found a hidden Insect Plate. I then went inside and started looking around. I checked out every room and found a few items on the ground.

In the TV room, I fought Rotom. After paralyzing it with my Magnezone, I switched to my Fly slave Hoothoot to weaken it down. Then, I threw Poke Balls until Rotom was caught.
    >>// \\<<

At long last, Chingling-senpai notices me enough to become Chimecho-sama!

I have a full team at the moment, being Monferno, Roselia, Luxio, Bronzor, Murkrow and Shellos. It's Christmas, so I have USUM as a new gift. I think that after Diamond I will play Ultra Sun, or just read one of the books I need to catch up on then some more HGSS.

I ended up going to the Snowpoint Temple today. Overall, getting through it wasn't too bad. I did have to leave and come back at one point since I needed a Strength user to get the Nevermeltice, but other than that, I didn't have any problems. The ice sliding puzzles were pretty easy.

I made it up to Regigigas, but I couldn't battle it since I still haven't sent over the Regi trio to my Diamond. Might try to Pal Park some Regis next time, but it depends if I really feel like it or not.
    >>// \\<<

I'm about to face Maylene. Ponyta is great EXP fuel, but hard to take down. I have friendship evolved all but the spoiled brat that is Buneary.

Today, I was able to Pal Park some Pokemon from Emerald to Diamond. I thought I would have to wait until tomorrow to transfer, since I had to switch from my 3DS to my regular DS, but fortunately it let me do it today.

Anyway, I sent over a copy of the Regis along with a few other Pokemon. I sent along a few items, too, including a few of my cloned Master Balls to use on the roaming legendaries. Catching everything in the Pal Park didn't take too long, and I was also able to get the Sky backdrop while in the building due to having Emerald in my GBA slot.

Once that was done, I flew back to Snowpoint. After adding the Regi trio to my party, I headed back into the temple and made it to Regigigas's room. I saved in front of it, and will fight it next time.
    >>// \\<<

Managed to defeat Crasher Wake. I was worried about Floatzel, but it was his starting Pokemon Gyarados that proved the most troublesome. The gym allowed me to evolve my Magikarp into Gyarados

A couple of days ago, I battled Regigigas. My first attempt at catching it failed since, as often happens, I got a critical hit at the wrong time and Regigigas fainted. On my next attempt, Magnezone got Regigigas down to red HP in two turns just fine. I the spent the rest of the battle chucking Dusk Balls at Regigigas. Took me 16 balls to catch it.

Once Regigigas was caught, I used an Escape Rope and returned to the Snowpoint Pokemon Center to heal.
    Next time, I'll go after the roaming legends.
    >>// \\<<

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    A couple of days ago, I battled Regigigas. My first attempt at catching it failed since, as often happens, I got a critical hit at the wrong time and Regigigas fainted.
    You saved the game just before you went to battle Regigigas, did you?
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

I have gotten my sixth gym badge. All that is left to evolve on my team are the stone evos Roselia and Murkrow. Currently having just five on my team. I despise Defog and the fog condition with a burning passion

I went to catch the roaming legendaries tonight. I flew to Eterna City and rode my bike between the city and one of the neighbouring routes, tracking the movement of the roamers using the Poketch.

Cresselia was the first roamer I caught since it moved to the same route as me pretty quickly. Getting Mesprit to move to my route took a little while, but I ran into it eventually. I captured both legends using my Pal Parked Master Balls, since catching roamers is annoying lol.

I thought Cresselia & Mesprit were the last legendaries I needed to catch, but I've just remembered about Giratina. So, I'll have to go through Turnback Cave next time.
    >>// \\<<

Beat the Elite 4 and Champion with Level 53-4 Pokemon. Surprisingly Dialga wasn't the ace in the hole I hoped it would be against Garchomp. Instead it was my old pal Squishy the Gastrodon who saved the day against that monster. The Pokeradar has gotten me a female Snorunt. All I need is a Dawn Stone and some levelling up, and I will possess a Froslass to replace Dialga and have that Ice type I wanted while not having any type overlap. That's always important

Tonight, I went out to catch Giratina. I flew to Veilstone and headed down to the Spring Path. Going through the Sendoff Spring, I reached the entrance to Turnback Cave and went inside.

Getting through Turnback Cave went pretty smoothly. I was able to reach the third pillar after 11 rooms, which is quicker than some of my previous trips through the cave. I then entered the final room, saved in front of Giratina, and battled it.

My Magnezone paralyzed Giratina and weakened it to red HP, but then got OHKOed by Earth Power. I replaced it with Yanmega and started throwing Dusk Balls. Catching Giratina took quite a few turns - it broke out of a lot of Dusk Balls at the last second, plus I had to use a few turns to heal Yanmega while Giratina was setting up Shadow Force. I eventually caught it when I only had like 15 Dusk Balls left.

So now, I think I've finished everything I want to do on this playthrough of Diamond. Might go back to HGSS next time.
    >>// \\<<

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930