Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Today, I left team Galactic's HQ and headed back to the Veilstone Pokemon Center, where I healed and used the PC. Instead of continuing with the Team Galactic plot, though, I decided to go back to some previous places and use Rock Climb. I started by going to the easily accessible Rock Climb locations in the southern part of Sinnoh. That helped me find some items as well as a couple of trainers on Routes 208 and 210.

Then, I flew to Snowpoint and trekked back down to Route 216. Using Rock Climb there brought me to an area with several more trainers to fight. After defeating using mainly Yanmega & Starmie, I returned to the little cabin on the route to heal.
    Next time, I'll continue the Galactic plot by heading to Mt. Coronet.
    >>// \\<<

- I finished crossing Route 227 after having talked with Buck on the volcanic path that led to Stark Mountain and next I defeated wild Pokemon before going into the cave itself.
    - Once in Stark Mountain's cave, I saw my rival and walked through the first section and pushed rocks and used Rock Smash as well. In the bigger section, I teamed up with Buck.
    - Buck and I rushed through the biggest cave and we defeated pairs of wild Pokemon and trainers. It took ages tho ha ha cuz the cavern we were exploring seemed like it was infinite.

After checking my party and items, I headed into Mt. Coronet through the Oreburgh entrance. On the first floor, I Surfed across a small pond and then used Rock Climb to access the upper floors. I then spent some time looking around the cave portion of the 2nd and 3rd floors, which didn't seem to take as long as I'd remembered.

Next, I found my way back outside, reaching the snowy part of the mountain. Now, exploring this part seemed to take longer that I thought it would. There were more Galactic Grunts to fight than I remembered from last time, though fortunately they weren't too difficult. I defeated most of them using Starmie and Yanmega.

Eventually, I made it to the Spear Pillar, where I saved.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I called both Schoolkid Chad and Lt. Surge on my Pokégear prior to setting out on my Apricorn harvest so I would have two battles to fight, since I haven't played in a couple of weeks. Halfway through, however, Fisherman Ralph called me for a battle, making mine three battles in a row. Once I collected the Ball Capsule Seals, I decided to take on Chad first, as he was just up on Route 38. I kept Penticton, my Pidgeot, out in front so I could double my prize money with her Luck Incense, soon switching out for my Umbreon Unity and my Ninetales Neepawa.

Next, I flew to Violet City and made my way down to the fishing lake on Route 32 to take Ralph on. For some weird reason, his Qwilfish kept using Destiny Bond on my Ampharos Amherst, which meant I had to keep switching in and out to avoid fainting at the end of my turn. A single Psychic from La Malbaie, my Starmie, took her down thanks to Poison being weak to Psychic.

Getting around to Lt. Surge, I mostly used Neepawa since my Meganium, Ottawa, was a little bit overlevelled. His Electivire seemed to pack Earthquake, which came as a bit of a nasty surprise since Earthquake does double damage if it hits someone using Dig. Neepawa hung on, however, and she breezed through the rest of Lt. Surge's team.

After the battle, I collected a parcel of Yache Berries from the PokéMart, and flew to Mt. Silver to train up Penticton. Her Twister twice caused an Ursaring to flinch, as did a Ponyta. Is she just really lucky or what?
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Had to do several fights at the Spear Pillar. First, I fought a pair of Galactic Grunts, who weren't that difficult thanks to my Medicham & Torterra.

After that, my rival and I fought Mars and Jupiter together. My rival's Munchlax didn't do anything during the battle aside from use Stockpile and miss with Screech a lot. So, I had to do the fighting on my own. Fortunately, Medicham was able to handle all the Pokemon on its own. I had it KO all of Jupiter's Pokemon first, then focused on Mars's team.

Next up was the Cyrus fight. I still had Medicham in front, so I used it to defeat Honchkrow. After that, I switched to Magnezone and used it to defeat all of Cyrus's remaining Pokemon. That wasn't too bad, except for when Crobat flinched me several times in a row.

Finally, I battled Dialga. I didn't get a chance to save before the battle, though, since I didn't realize the fight would start automatically if I got too close...so since I didn't want to risk fainting it, I just tossed a Master Ball at it lol.

With all of that complete, I spoke with Dawn & Prof. Rowan before picking up the Adamant Orb. Then, since I didn't have my Fly slave with me, I went back into the cave and used an Escape Rope...which just took me to that isolated Route 207 entrance that only leads to a Rock Climb-only item. So, I had to go back into the cave and find my way out. That didn't take too long, fortunately, but it was a little annoying.

I then made it back into Hearthome City and saved.

Team:

Lv. 47-49
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I went out with my Umbreon, Unity, around Johto on our daily Apricorn harvest and Ball Capsule collection. Along the way, I stopped over at the PokéMart in Blackthorn City to buy a couple dozen of Max Repels. Afterwards, I flew to Mt. Silver to train Unity up to Level 90, thus joining in his fellow nonagenarians. (It's a fancy Latin word for someone in their 90s... But levels don't really correspond to age, although I used to think they do. ;P)

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

This week, I've been catching Pokemon on HGSS in Apricorn balls again.

A few days ago, I caught a dozen such Pokemon on HeartGold. I started by going to the Burned Tower, where I caught a Magmar. I happened to encounter a Koffing there, too, so I caught it as well. And then, I saw that the Hoenn Sound was playing on the radio, so I was able to get Spinda and Zigzagoon as well.

Next, I went to Rock Tunnel. After quite a few wild encounters, I found a Kangaskhan and caught it in a Love Ball IIRC. I've been wanting to catch a Kangaskhan in an Apricorn ball for a while now, but I had trouble finding one during my previous trips to Rock Tunnel. So happy I finally got one!
    Also, while in Rock Tunnel I used Rock Climb and found a few items I'd never picked up before (e.g. the Oval Stone). That was a little strange since I don't know how I could've missed those items until now...

In or around the Viridian Forest, I used Headbutt and caught Ariados & Seedot. After that, I returned to Johto and caught several more Pokemon, including Miltank.

I caught some Pokemon on my SoulSilver, too. A day or two ago, I gave some Apricorns to Kurt. Today, I picked up some Moon Balls and used them to catch a Meowth and a Grimer. Then, I went to the Safari Zone to see what I could find there. I managed to catch several Pokemon, including Geodude and Sentret.

All the Pokemon I caught are now on my Sun.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I didn't do much apart from harvest Apricorns around Johto with my Starmie La Malbaie and collect some Ball Capsule Seals, all of which were variations of the Heart Seal. I missed the very small window of opportunity in the morning to battle Lt. Surge, so I have to wait until next Friday morning to battle him. It's not much of a loss though, since my team are now in their 90s, and they can pretty much one-shot everything at this point.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

On Diamond, I flew back to Pastoria City. From there, I made my way over to the now accessible Route 222. I explored the route's upper path first, where I fought a few trainers and picked some berries. Before I covered the lower path, though, I went into Sunyshore City since I needed to use the PC and heal my team. I spoke with Flint as soon as I entered Sunyshore, but I ignored the other NPCs and just went straight to the Pokemon Center. Once I was done there, I returned to R. 222 and quickly fought the trainers on the beach and visited the two houses.
    Next time, I'll look around the rest of Sunyshore and challenge the Gym.

I've also spent more time on HGSS recently, too. I started listening to my Pokegear's radio for information about swarms, since I wanted to catch some more Pokemon in Apricorn Balls. I was hoping to get a Clamperl swarm since I really wanted to raise a Love Ball Gorebyss on my Sun, but I wasn't able to get one (I did get a Dream Ball Clamperl on the GTS in Sun, so that made up for it). I did manage to catch quite a few other Pokemon via swarms on HeartGold, though, including Ralts, Swablu, Whiscash, Relicanth, and Buneary. I checked the swarms on my SoulSilver several times, too, and caught a Qwilfish.

Yesterday, I also caught a few regular wild Pokemon in Apricorn Balls on HG: I caught the Union Cave Lapras in a Moon Ball, Slowpoke in a Love Ball, and an Aipom in a Level Ball IIRC while I was Headbutting trees.
    Then, I transferred all the Apricorn Pokemon I caught on HG recently & my SS Qwilfish all the way up to Sun.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 5th August 2017 at 12:11 PM.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I got a triple whammy of battles, starting with Pryce and Janine. While I was in the middle of harvesting Apricorns, I got a call from Picnicker Liz, who said she wanted to have a battle with me. I decided to fight her first so I could get her out of the way, using and . Then I flew across to Victory Road to pick up one last Apricorn before flying onwards to Saffron City to meet up with Pryce and Janine. I battled Pryce first with and , melting the ice down. Janine was up next, and I used , , and to deal the final blow. I collected a parcel of Tanga Berries from the mailman at the PokéMart, then flew home to heal my team.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Did some things around Sunyshore on Diamond. First, I took a tour around the city and talked to some NPCs. I bought a few seals at the market just for fun and met Jasmine on the beach. Once that was done, I headed into the lighthouse and took the elevator to the top. There, I spoke with Volkner and got him to return to the Gym.

Next, I went over to the Gym myself. I defeated most of the regular trainers using my Drapion (got it to learn Crunch!), but I battled the last two or so with Yanmega (got it to learn Air Slash!). I didn't plan to use Drapion or Yanmega during the Gym battle, so I didn't bother going back to the Pokemon Center to heal. Instead, I switched Torterra to the front of my party and fought Volkner. Torterra OHKOed three of his Pokemon with Earthquake or Seed Bomb, though Ambipom annoyingly survived an EQ. I just Leech Seeded it during the healing turn, then KOed with EQ on the next.

So, I've now obtained all of the Sinnoh Gym Badges. Guess I'll start heading to the Pokemon League next!

Team:

Lv. 49-50
    >>// \\<<

Just began a new game in Platinum and was doing some grinding of my Chimchar on the first route, only to run into a shiny Bidoof!

Unfortunately, I hadn't actually got to the part of the game where you actually get pokeballs.

Fuuuuuu-----!!!!!
    Favourite Water Types

Left the Sunyshore Gym and returned to the Pokemon Center to heal. Once that was done, I went over to the local Poke Mart and stocked up on some healing items that'll be helpful for Victory Road and the Elite Four. I then went to the beach and received the Waterfall HM from Jasmine.

Next, I used Surf and started heading up Route 223. It took me a while to fully explore that route, mostly because there were so many trainers to fight. The training was good for my team, though, and allowed me to get everyone to level 50+.
    Eventually, I reached the Pokemon League island. I climbed the waterfall and then saved in the Pokemon Center by Victory Road.

I also spent some time on HeartGold. Once the day changed to Thursday, I set my radio to the Sinnoh Sound and went around Johto. I was able to catch every Sinnoh Sound Pokemon in an Apricorn Ball, excluding Bidoof since I'd already caught and transferred one a while ago. I collected some more Apricorns, too.

I checked my daily swarm on HG, too, and finally got Clamperl! So, I went over to Kanto and caught one in a Love Ball just like I'd wanted.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I went out with my around Johto for the first time since my holiday in Germany. Along my usual Apricorn-harvesting route, I stopped off at Azalea Town to give Kurt 25 of my Green Apricorns to craft into Poké Balls. At the Goldenrod City Department Store, I received a Cheri Berry in the daily draw, and sold off some excess TMs I didn't need to make a little more money.

On Route 35, Ace Trainer Jamie called me for a battle, so after I'd gone all around Johto harvesting Apricorns, I flew to Route 26 to meet up with her. made quick, easy work of her , while my helped take out her with a super-effective Dig. Bug Catcher Rob then called me saying one of his Pokémon had found a Berry, so I flew to Viridian City, where I made a quick stopover at the PokéMart to pick up a parcel of Chople Berries from my mother. I went northwards to Route 2 and met up with Rob, who gave me a Leppa Berry.

Lastly, I flew to Mt. Silver to train up a little more, and she hit Level 91. I switched her out for my , and flew home to New Bark Town.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Over a week ago, I played HeartGold to transfer Pokemon from Emerald. I had quite a few things to transfer, so I was at the Pal Park for quite a while. After I finally finished, I returned to Johto to catch a couple of other Pokemon to transfer to Sun. I was playing on a Bug Catching Contest day and decided to participate so that I could catch a Pokemon in a Sport Ball. I ended up catching a high level Wurmple, which was good enough for first place!
    After that, I transferred my Wurmple, Pal Parked Pokemon, and other Pokemon I caught recently to Gen 5 and then to Sun.

Today, I continued my Diamond playthrough by going through Victory Road. Getting through the cave was pretty easy, fortunately. I spent a lot of time making sure I explored every area I could right now, but the trainers didn't take me too long.

Eventually, I reached the exit on the other side and arrived at the Pokemon League castle. I healed my team inside the building and then fought my rival once again. My Magnezone, Medicham, and Yanmega handled his team pretty well.
    Next time, I'll probably train my Pokemon a bit more before taking on the Elite Four. All of my team members are level 52 now, but I want them to be in the lv. 54-55 range or so.
    >>// \\<<

Got Cute Charm glitch to work on Platinum and now going through a playthrough of it after RNG'ing a shiny starter, too. I'm going for my whole team to be shiny while I play it.

OT: Vlinny (M), Voltaire (S), FC: 2552-3278-3638

Did some training in preparation for the Elite Four today. I flew to Sunyshore and then headed back out to Route 222, where I rematched trainers repeatedly using my VS Seeker. That allowed me to get my Medicham, Starmie, and Magnezone to level 55. It didn't take me that long, thanks to a Lucky Egg that I'd traded over from HeartGold a while ago.

After that, I flew out to Canalave City and saved. Next time, I think I'll fight some trainers on that side of Sinnoh to help level up my three remaining Pokemon to level 55. Once that's done, I'm not sure whether I'll train my team up a few more levels or just take on the Pokemon League.
    >>// \\<<

I wanted to play through every Region. So I'm using "play as Lillie" as my excuse to do so .

Started with a Cyndaquil, Named him Quill. After all the tutorial stuff, i caught a Sentret named Swirly to help catch wild pokemon. Quill then burnt through route 30. Caught 2 bell sprout on route 31 even though i dont plan on using Rocky the onix. Suzay the bellsprout for the trade, and Pluto the Bellsprout for my team. Being level 3 i took Pluto to Dark cave to level up. Got him up to level 7 before returning to Violet city. unfortunately, with sprout tower and Falkner Pluto wont be getting used much for awhile. Tried to use Pluto for wild pokemon and Quill for trainers in Sprout Tower, but there weren't that many. Eventually just ran through the Tower as fast as i could. The Elder's Hoothoot put Quill to sleep as always, but i managed to win with a potion. Quill evolved against a Gym trainer since i used him so much. It also made Falkner a lot easier to battle. Got the togepi egg and headed off to Route 32. Used Pluto through most of route 32 to make up the level difference. Once i got the Old rod i tried to decide between Sandshrew or Poliwag for my team. After about 10 magikarp i settled on Sandshrew. Except i used the reason "Lillie knows what Alola Sandshrew looks like". Caught one named Dagger.

Team
    Quill lvl 15
    Pluto lvl 15
    Dagger lvl 6
    Lillie Around the PokeWorld

Leaf Green: Badges: 0

Today, I started by doing a little training on Route 218. I rematched a couple of trainers with my Drapion, getting it to grow a level. After that, I decided to continue my training on the routes leading to the Pal Park. I ended up staying there until my Drapion, Yanmega, and Torterra all reached level 55. Yanmega learned Bug Buzz, too, which means that my team's movesets are fully complete now IIRC.

Once my whole team was level 55, I flew back to the Pokemon League castle. I healed my team there and stocked up on healing items. I don't really want to do any further training, so I'll just fight the Elite Four next time.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I went around Johto with my in tow harvesting Apricorns. During that, Schoolkid Billy called me on my Pokégear, looking for a battle. After my Apricorn harvest, I flew across to Fuchsia City and went onto Route 15 to find and battle him. He was a little bit annoying because he unexpectedly switched his out for , whose Hypnosis caused my to fall asleep, though I remedied it quickly with a Chesto Berry. His also kept spamming Substitute, which was also annoying, but luckily he'd worn out half of his HP using it, allowing my to take him out with a Faint/Feint Attack. Weirdly, Billy had a as his last Pokémon, but my knocked him out with one Rock Smash before he could even Transform into me. After the battle, I flew home to New Bark Town to heal my team at Professor Elm's lab and go home, saving my game.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Fought the Elite Four on Diamond tonight. Overall, it was pretty easy and I was able to win most of the battles with just one Pokemon.

Aaron - I used only Medicham for this fight. I used Meditate a couple of times to boost my Attack, then Medicham's attacking moves took care of Aaron's Pokemon.
    Bertha - My Torterra defeated her Pokemon with Seed Bomb & Earthquake. Most were OHKOs, though Hippowdon was a little bulkier.
    Flint - This was the only time I had to use two of my Pokemon. Starmie defeated four of Flint's Pokemon, but I switched to Medicham to take down Lopunny since my Starmie was burned and none of its moves were super effective.
    Lucian - My Drapion set up Swords Dance against Mr. Mime, then swept everything with Crunch.

Once I defeated the Elite Four members, I fought Cynthia. I decided to keep Drapion in the lead since it could easily set up Swords Dance on Spiritomb. Drapion was then able to defeat Cynthia's entire team with its Crunch/Poison Jab/Earthquake attacks. The only thing it didn't OHKO was Garchomp, which made me nervous at first, but then Garchomp used Brick Break instead of Earthquake on me for some reason.

So yeah, the Pokemon League wasn't too bad for me. My Drapion grew four levels, while Medicham/Torterra/Starmie each grew two or three. I didn't get to use my poor Yanmega and Magnezone at all.

After being entered into the Hall of Fame, I watched the credits and then returned to my house in Twinleaf.

Team:

Lv. 55-59
    >>// \\<<

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Fought the Elite Four on Diamond tonight. Overall, it was pretty easy and I was able to win most of the battles with just one Pokemon.

Aaron - I used only Medicham for this fight. I used Meditate a couple of times to boost my Attack, then Medicham's attacking moves took care of Aaron's Pokemon.
    Bertha - My Torterra defeated her Pokemon with Seed Bomb & Earthquake. Most were OHKOs, though Hippowdon was a little bulkier.
    Flint - This was the only time I had to use two of my Pokemon. Starmie defeated four of Flint's Pokemon, but I switched to Medicham to take down Lopunny since my Starmie was burned and none of its moves were super effective.
    Lucian - My Drapion set up Swords Dance against Mr. Mime, then swept everything with Crunch.

Once I defeated the Elite Four members, I fought Cynthia. I decided to keep Drapion in the lead since it could easily set up Swords Dance on Spiritomb. Drapion was then able to defeat Cynthia's entire team with its Crunch/Poison Jab/Earthquake attacks. The only thing it didn't OHKO was Garchomp, which made me nervous at first, but then Garchomp used Brick Break instead of Earthquake on me for some reason.

So yeah, the Pokemon League wasn't too bad for me. My Drapion grew four levels, while Medicham/Torterra/Starmie each grew two or three. I didn't get to use my poor Yanmega and Magnezone at all.

After being entered into the Hall of Fame, I watched the credits and then returned to my house in Twinleaf.

Team:

Lv. 55-59
    Congratulations on becoming the Sinnoh Champion! I haven't played Diamond or Pearl, and don't see a need to, since I already have Platinum and have beaten that game.

This is my Platinum team:

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

When I started from Twinleaf Town tonight, I remembered that I needed to see all of the Sinnoh Dex Pokemon before being able to get the National Dex. I still had a few Pokemon left to record in my regional dex, so I got started on seeing them tonight.

First, I quickly walked over to Lake Verity and Surfed over to the cavern. Inside, I found Mesprit and got it to start roaming. After that, I left and flew to Celestic Town. I went to the house where Cynthia's family lives and got to see a picture of Palkia.

Now, the only Pokemon I need to see are Uxie and Azelf. Catching them will be the next thing I focus on, then. I've decided to catch Uxie first, so I headed to Lake Acuity before saving.
    >>// \\<<

A tad late, but started SoulSilver this week. I brought the game last week. Once again, trying to catch up on Pokemon in general.

I'll write my journal(s) on the achievement I done:
    9/6: Get a Totodille, catch a Sentret and Mareep, go to the Sprout Tower

Today, I fought Uxie. I tossed a Quick Ball at it right away and nearly caught it, but it broke out at the last possible moment. So, I had to start weakening it down to catch it in another ball. My Magnezone paralyzed it and eventually got its HP to the red zone (took several turns because of Uxie's Amnesia boosts). Once that was done, Uxie was an easy catch - only took two Dusk Balls.

After that, I left Lake Acuity and returned to a Pokemon Center to heal. Next time, I'll go catch Azelf.
    >>// \\<<

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast