Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Got quite a lot done around Eterna today:

~First, I did my usual sightseeing around town. While doing so, I met Cynthia, who gave me the Cut HM, and got the Explorer Kit to go to the Underground.
    ~Then, I went to the part of Route 211 on the western side of Mt. Coronet briefly. I went there mainly to fight the trainers.

~Back in the city, I went to the Gym. After defeating the regular trainers, I battled Gardenia. She wasn't too bad since I used my starter Turtwig (now an overlevelled Torterra) against Roserade, but I was able to use my Yanma to take out Gardenia's Turtwig.

~After winning at the Gym, I went to the Team Galactic building. Now that I had my second badge, my main team members were finally listening to me, so I was able to box my starter and use my team. I took down a bunch of Team Galactic Grunts and then fought Jupiter. Her Skuntank KOed my Magnemite with a Screech+Night Slash combo, but I was able to take it down with either Staryu or Yanma.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I stocked up on some more Max Repels and Moomoo Milks to further prepare myself for my great challenge ahead. I went deep into Union Cave in search of Lapras, which was female. I caught her in a single Net Ball and named her Linacy, then I reorganized my PC Boxes a little. I might breed some of the Pokémon I've got in there for the Baby Pokémon, like Pichu, Smoochum, Elekid and Magby.
    Last edited by NovaBrunswick; 2nd April 2017 at 5:52 PM. Reason: Corrected a spelling mistake
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

After dealing with Team Galactic, I headed to the cycling shop and obtained the Bike. Then, I rode down to Route 206/Cycling Road and fought all the trainers there. My traded, main team Turtwig was able to evolve into Grotle from those battles. Once I reached Route 207, I ran into Dawn again and received the Vs. Seeker from her.

Next, I explored the part of Route 206 under Cycling Road, except for Wayward Cave. Then, I went back up to Route 205 for a sec, to go to the outer part of Eterna Forest only accessible with Cut. Once that was done, I returned to Route 207, did some battles, and then entered Mt. Coronet. I quickly went through the cave, meeting Cyrus along the way, exiting onto Route 208.

Team:
    >>// \\<<

Picked up a copy of Pearl last year. Had a few legendaries in the PC box. Mespirit roaming. Put the game away.

Yesterday, I triggered Cresselia roaming too. Found a level 45 Golbat with Mean Look in the PC box and went between the city & route 205. Wore Cresselia down, paralyzed... then, the Quick Ball landed. Then, landed the Dusk Ball on the elf. Think this game is done for legendaries.

Time to transfer to gen 5 then 6/Bank.
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

Last Saturday (March 25), I went to the mall by myself for the first time by myself, and I decided to buy two Pokemon games. One of them was Diamond. Played for it for an hour, and I'm planning to play on later this month in honor of 10 years. I've been super behind on Pokemon in general, so I want to get caught up on everything gen 3/4 related.

On Route 208, I battled some trainers and explored as much as possible as usual. Then, I entered Hearthome City and continued exploring. I spent time visiting every place around town, including the Poffin House, Super Contest Hall, and Fan Club. I didn't visit Amity Square since I don't have a Pokemon who can go yet nor did I pick up the Happiny egg (just didn't feel like making room in my party for it).

On my way out of town, I unexpectedly got into a battle against my rival (thought that fight was Platinum only, but whatever). Fortunately, my Meditite and Staryu handled his team pretty well. Then, I decided to go to the Underground to look for some treasures. I dug up some spheres, which I probably won't use, along with some useful things like a fossil, Thunderstone, and Sun Stone.

Then, I went out to Route 209.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I called Misty first thing on my Pokégear so I could rematch her later at the Saffron Fighting Dojo after I'd gone on my daily Apricorn harvest. Picnicker Liz called me on Route 37, telling me about her terrible luck at the Goldenrod daily prize draw as all she was winning was Berries, even after ten tries. Me? I'm not too bothered about it.

After collecting all the Apricorns around Johto, I flew over to Kanto to meet up with Misty, just like I'd promised. I relied mostly on my Meganium, Ottawa, to take on her team of Water-types, though I temporarily switched out to my Ampharos, Amherst, for her Quagsire. Her Milotic tripped me up a bit due to knowing Ice Beam, but Ottawa took it bravely and finished off the last two members of Misty's team with Giga Drain. Strangely, she sent her Floatzel out second, while her Lanturn came out last. Maybe to change it up a bit?

Then I collected a parcel of Tanga Berries from the PokéMart, and flew to Pallet Town to see Daisy, but she didn't seem to be giving out massages today. I also visited Red's mother at her house, and had a suitably nostalgic photo taken just outside with my whole team.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

I went to the Underground again to look for some more items. At first, I was finding nothing but spheres, which I found odd and annoying. There were so many that I actually filled up my sphere inventory completely (and I didn't even dig up every sphere I saw). I buried quite a few in the ground for fun and to clear space.

Fortunately, I eventually found some other stuff. I got quite a few shards (like...6 of them), another fossil, a couple of the Heat/Icy/etc. Rocks, and a Heart Scale (yay!).

After I was done with that, I returned to the surface and went through Route 209. I won several battles and obtained the Good Rod. I decided to skip the Lost Tower for now, but I'll definitely come back and do it later.
    Finally, I entered Solaceon Town. I picked a few berries and then went to the Pokemon Center.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I called Lt. Surge on my Pokégear so I could later meet up with him for a battle at the Saffron City Fighting Dojo. Arriving there, I started out with my Meganium, Ottawa, and he easily took down two of Lt. Surge's Electric team with Earthquake. (I love Earthquake on Meganium!) For the rest of his team, I relied on my Ninetales, Neepawa, with her Dig attack. The first time she used it against his Electivire, he used Earthquake on me, which made me wonder how an Electric-type can use a Ground-type attack, and made me fear for Neepawa, since Earthquake deals double damage to those using Dig. Luckily, Neepawa survived, and she took out Electivire with just one Dig.

Now, the one who really gave me trouble was his Electrode. Kept spamming Double Team so Neepawa's Dig would miss, and Thunder Wave to paralyze her, so I had to keep using Cheri Berries to heal her. He used Thunderbolt once, but it didn't do much. Eventually, Neepawa's Dig managed to hit, even after 4 or 5 Double Teams, and she took on the rest of Lt. Surge's team well.

After the battle, I went to the nearby PokéMart to collect a parcel of Tanga Berries, and went in search of my rival America (Silver) so I could battle him. Seems he wasn't around today, though. Maybe some other day?

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Did some things around Solaceon Town. I visited all the buildings, including the Day Care, and received a Seal Case from an NPC. Then, I went to the Solaceon Ruins. I went through the entire ruins to collect all of the items and battle the Ruin Maniac there (whose Bronzor was quite annoying). I also encountered a wild Unown, which I wanted to do just to have it registered in the Pokedex.

Once I was done with Solaceon Town, I went up to Route 210. I mainly trained my team there, fighting the trainers outside and in the cafe. I also talked to the Psyduck blocking the way as I always do. Then, I continued on to Route 215. I battled some more trainers, which helped me level up my entire team some more.

Next, I entered Veilstone City. I didn't want to explore it yet, so I used my Explorer Kit right after entering to dig up some more stuff in the Underground. Got quite a few things, including a few Heart Scales, an unusually large number of Arceus plates, and more shards.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I got to see my team - or more specifically my Starmie, La Malbaie - again after a break over Easter. I promptly returned to the usual daily routine of harvesting Apricorns and collecting Ball Capsule Seals in Olivine City, taking a little detour on Route 39 to stock up on a couple of dozen of Moomoo Milks. Afterwards, I trained up La Malbaie a little at Mt. Silver, then I switched her out to my Ninetales, Neepawa, since I feel she's pretty underused in my team.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Got back to my Diamond playthrough after being busy with exams and other school stuff. I went back to the Underground again, but didn't spend too much time there as I wasn't finding anything good. Didn't really want a million more spheres.

Next, I started looking around Veilstone City. One of the first things I did was visit the department store, where I stocked up on quite a few items and sold some things. Then, I checked out other places around town, including the Team Galactic building briefly and the Game Corner.

Eventually, I went to the Veilstone Gym. I defeated all of the Blackbelts there, but didn't challenge Maylene as I didn't think my team was strong enough. So, I left and went down to Route 214 to prepare. I ended up fighting all of the trainers on that route, getting all of my Pokemon to grow at least 2 levels.
    Next time, I think I'll go fight Maylene.
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I went out with my Ninetales, Neepawa, on tow, just as I did the last time I left off. I embarked upon the daily Apricorn harvest, where about halfway through on Route 35, Sailor Huey called me on my Pokégear for a battle. Luckily, once I'd collected the Ball Capsule Seals in Olivine City, I was just nearby, so I switched Neepawa out for my Ampharos, Amherst. He made quick work of his Water-type team, using two Thunderbolts. He gave me a Protein after the battle, but at this point in the game, I don't really need to raise any stats further, so I sold it for 4,900 Poké-Dollars at the nearby Mart. I then flew to Mt. Silver to train Amherst and Neepawa further, getting them both to Level 89, and brought my Pidgeot, Penticton, into the lead.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Before heading back to the Veilstone Gym, I decided to spend some time at the Game Corner. After getting some coins, I played the slots and eventually got into the Clefairy bonus round. I started with 150 coins, and I had nearly 1300 by the time I was done! I always love playing the slot machines on DPPt.

Next, I went to the Gym. After dealing with the puzzle, I reached Maylene and battled her. I was worried my Pokemon would have a hard time as even after the training I did, they were several levels lower than Maylene's. However, the battle ended up being pretty easy. My Yanma took down Meditite no problem. I went over to Skorupi next, facing Machoke. I wasn't expecting Skorupi to win that matchup and only wanted it to weaken down Machoke a bit for my next Pokemon, but Machoke just didn't want to KO it. Machoke kept using Brick Break for some reason, and the only time it tried Rock Tomb, it missed. So, Skorupi won.

Finally, I switched to my own Meditite and destroyed Lucario. Thus, I defeated Maylene and received the Cobble Badge. After that, I made my way out. Once outside, I ran into Dawn, who told me about her Pokedex being stolen by Team Galactic. I then went over to the Galactic warehouse building and teamed up with Dawn against two Galactic Grunts. Now, this battle was hard compared to the Gym battle...the Dustox and Beautifly combo the grunts had really picked on my poor Skorupi and KOed it. Dawn's Clefairy was kind of useless for the most part, until Metronomed Judgment on the final turn lol.

Once Team Galactic was dealt with, I went inside the warehouse for a sec and picked up the Fly HM. Then, I healed my team at the Pokemon Center before leaving Veilstone and heading south. Made it to the Valor Lakefront.

Team:

Lv. 25-26
    >>// \\<<

I cannot believe it, but people are picking up their old 4th Gen carts! ;-;

* heart growing three times the size that day

I simply cannot wait to get back to Sinnoh. I'd start playing right along side you guys with Platinum, but I don't want to start over in my game and lose all those old promos, and it's not quite the same without a full blown play through anyways. But MAN, Gen IV remakes cannot get here quick enough! (SOOOOO done with Sun/Moon right now, couldn't we just get back to Kalos?...)
    3DS Friend Code: 5343-7935-6882
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat

Today in SoulSilver, with mere minutes to spare, I called Misty first thing on my Pokégear so I could rematch her at the Saffron City Fighting Dojo. Although I'd already trained them the week before, I decided to use my Meganium, Ottawa, and Ampharos, Amherst, for the easy upper hand. All her team went down with just one Magical Leaf or Thunderbolt.

After the battle, I didn't immediately go to the nearby Mart to collect the package from the clerk, but rather I flew to the Indigo Plateau and Victory Road in search of Silver/America - I'd heard that he appeared there every Wednesday, but I couldn't seem to find him. I also went to the Lake of Rage just to see what it looked like on the only day it wasn't raining, and I found Wesley, one of the Day siblings, hiding deep in a forested corner. He didn't have an item for me, though, because I'd collected it from him a long while back.

Afterwards, I flew to Cherrygrove City, where Joey called me, so I went to take on his Raticate with my Pidgeot, Penticton. He weirdly used Substitute on the first turn, which I didn't think he had before. Penticton was able to down him in two hits with just Twister and Quick Attack.

After the battle, I sold the surplus HP Up at the Cherrygrove Mart for a little cash top-up, as well as collecting my package (can't remember exactly what it was, maybe some Tanga Berries, I wasn't really looking at the Nintendo 3DS screen). As a little end-of-errands quirk, I glanced around upstairs at Professor Elm's lab, and healed downstairs.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Went to the Underground again. This time, I found a wide variety of items, including plates, an Iron Ball, Rare Bone, and a Revive. It was a pretty nice haul.

After that, I spent some time exploring the Valor Lakefront and Route 213. That didn't take too long since the restaurant was closed, so I only had to fight the trainers on Route 213.

Next, I entered Pastoria City. I talked to the NPCs around town, but didn't feel like going to the Great Marsh just yet. I was going to stop playing right there, but then I decided to head into the Gym and fight all of the normal trainers. I'll probably battle Crasher Wake first thing next time.
    >>// \\<<

It warms my heart dearly to see this thread is still going up to date. Gen 4 is my favorite in the history of Pokemon. I am moved to see the people here still playing just like me! Happy 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl! Hopefully soon we will hear news of when we're getting remakes! So HYPED!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlNation View Post
    It warms my heart dearly to see this thread is still going up to date. Gen 4 is my favorite in the history of Pokemon. I am moved to see the people here still playing just like me! Happy 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl! Hopefully soon we will hear news of when we're getting remakes! So HYPED!
    Game Freak usually releases remakes right after the first two main games of a generation, so we might be seeing D&P remakes after S&M. But then there's that mysterious third version of the 7th generation, Stars, to think about...

It'd be amazing to see Mt. Coronet and Snowpoint City in full, S&M-style 3D.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Today, I decided to visit the Great Marsh before finishing the Pastoria Gym. I had to enter the place two times in order to explore both halves and get all of the items, including the Defog HM. I also caught a few Pokemon for fun, including Bibarel, Wooper, and Psyduck.

After that, I returned to the Pastoria Gym and battled Crasher Wake. Like with Maylene, the battle was much easier than I thought it would be. My Magnemite got hit by Gyarados's Swagger, which was a little annoying since it hurt itself in confusion right after, but it was able to attack on the next turn and KO Gyarados. Then, I switched to Grotle and used it to defeat both Quagsire and Floatzel. Fortunately, Floatzel liked using Brine instead of that Ice Fang the internet says it has.

Got my Fen Badge, then saved.

Team:

Lv. 25-28
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I decided to switch out my Pidgeot, Penticton, in the top spot of my party for my Starmie, La Malbaie. Immediately after, I called Janine on my Pokégear since I hadn't battled her in quite a while, and La Malbaie would have the upper hand.

After the daily Apricorn harvest and collecting the Ball Capsule Seals in Olivine City, I flew over to Saffron City and went to the Fighting Dojo to battle Janine.

• Crobat - Went down with one Ice Beam from La Malbaie.
    • Ariados - Although he confused Penticton once with Swagger (which I quickly healed with a Persim Berry) and poisoned her with Toxic (which I used a Pecha Berry on), her increased Attack stat as a result of Swagger meant she was able to pin him down with one Aerial Ace.
    • Weezing - The trickier one, since I had to heal Penticton's poisoning once I switched La Malbaie back in. I didn't know he had Thunderbolt, so he kept spamming it to his advantage, paralyzing La Malbaie and somehow getting two critical hits in a row. Luckily, during the turn I made her move while paralyzed, she was able to pull of a supereffective Psychic.
    • Venomoth - Despite using Double Team, an Aerial Ace from Penticton took her down, thanks to it never missing.
    • Toxicroak - Was taken down square and fair with a Psychic from La Malbaie.
    • Drapion - Pinned him with a supereffective Earthquake from my Meganium, Ottawa.

After the battle (from which I took double prize money thanks to Penticton carrying a Luck Incense), I went to collect a parcel of Wacan Berries from the clerk at the nearby PokéMart. Since those reduce the power of a supereffective Electric-type attack, I might use one on La Malbaie when she's next up against Janine's Weezing, so at least Thunderbolt won't hurt as much.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

After finishing everything in the Gym, I left and returned to the Pastoria Pokemon Center to heal. Then, I talked to the shady Galactic Grunt by the entrance to the Great Marsh and began chasing him around. As I was leaving the city, though, I got stopped by my rival and had to fight him. I thought I remembered there being a rival battle in Pastoria, but I thought it happened before the Gym or something, so I was a little surprised by the battle. Fortunately, since I'd already healed my team, defeating my rival wasn't too hard.

Next, I continued chasing the Galactic guy around. Once we reached the Valor Lakefront, I battled him and took down his Glameow with my Magnemite. After the battle, I talked to Cynthia and received the SecretPotion from her.

Finally, I spent the rest of my time exploring Route 212. Took a while, since the route was so big, but I got through all of the trainers. That gave some of my Pokemon (i.e. Skorupi) some much needed level ups, plus my Magnemite evolved into Magneton. I also visited the Pokemon Mansion, though I did not catch any Pokemon in the garden.
    >>// \\<<

- Now inside of the Sunyshore gym, I had to proceed by turning gears and setting up the correct pathways, which took a while. I defeated several trainers while doing that as well ha ha.
    - I arrived where Volkner was standing and commenced the battle now. I used Gabite and Lucario against Volkner's team and won the Beacon badge once Volkner admitted defeat. ^^
    - I left the gym now that I had all eight badges and I walked to the shore and grabbed the Waterfall Hm from Jasmine, then I swapped Pokemon and began surfing to the league. :]

In the Underground, I finally dug up a Water Stone. I've been ready to have Starmie on my team for a while now, so I used it on my Staryu right away.

With that done, I then made my way back to Route 210 and used the SecretPotion to get rid of the Psyduck gang blocking the way. After receiving the Old Charm from Cynthia, I headed up to the foggy portion of the route. I cleared the area with Defog, then battled some trainers before arriving in Celestic Town.

I healed at the Celestic Pokemon Center, but didn't want to explore the rest of the town yet. Instead, I trained my team for quite a while on Routes 210 and 211. My Pokemon grew 2-3 more levels each and Grotle & Yanma evolved.
    Next time, I'll take care of everything in Celestic Town.

Team:

Lv. 32-33
    >>// \\<<

Today in SoulSilver, I called Lt. Surge first thing on my Pokégear, since I hadn't fought him for some time. I managed to get second prize in the Goldenrod Department Store daily draw, which was a Dusk Ball. I love those things to catch Pokémon at night, I think I can thank Marriland in his Black 2 playthrough for that.

After the daily Apricorn harvest, I flew over to Saffron City to meet up with Lt. Surge at the Fighting Dojo, where I decided to lead with my Meganium, Ottawa. He took out all but two of his Electric team with just one Earthquake, with the exception of his Magnezone and Pachirisu, for whom I used my Ninetales, Neepawa. She melted Magnezone down with a Flamethrower, and Dug (or Digged) Pachirisu out. My mother didn't call me after the battle, so I decided to pick up the last Apricorn of the day at Victory Road and fly back home to New Bark Town.

Sun Team:

Planned Ultra Sun Team:

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast