Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

I am currently SRing for a shiny Eevee in Heart Gold. Which is the better evolution to use in the playthrough of this game-Espeon or Umbreon?
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I am currently SRing for a shiny Eevee in Heart Gold. Which is the better evolution to use in the playthrough of this game-Espeon or Umbreon?
    Personally, I've never found much use for defensive Pokémon in-game, so I'd say Espeon. But that's just me

So I finished leveling up Scyther, which was fast thanks to Technician. It makes almost every battle fought a OHKO which speeds up the entire process. I challenged Whitney and one (or two) shot her Clefairy with Wing Attack. Miltank was a bit harder. I had Bayleef set up Leech Seed on her, then Flaaffy came out to Paralyze her with Thunder Wave. I then continued chipping away at her HP. After a whole bunch of Milk Drinks and a Super Potion, she finally fell.

After that, I went to the Flower Shop and got the Watering Can plus the Berry pot. I started planting Oran Berries straightaway for the Miltank Farm later on, but I kept forgetting to water them. =| But they still gave me two berries each for the four ones that I planted, so all's good. Caught Sudowoodo on Route 36, and carried on to Ecruteak where I met Bill. I followed him back to Goldenrod and obtained an Eevee! After training it up a few levels, I stuck him in the Daycare with Ditto for more Eevee eggs for the Pokedex. I thought of raising one and evolving it to Vaporeon for a team member, but then later decided not to. I also got Surf from the Kimono house after defeating the Rocket grunt. After that, I cleared the Burned Tower and got ready to challenge Morty.
    =)

Continued exploring Stark Mountain tonight. It turns out that I didn't explore the big cavern as much as I thought I did the other day, so I had a lot of area left to cover. Took a while, but I eventually fought all of the remaining trainers with Buck. My Starmie grew to level 65, and my Magnezone levelled up a bit as well. I also used my Medicham against a few Pokemon, but I don't think it levelled up at all lol.

Finally, I arrived at the door leading to the back room. Inside, Buck took the Magma Stone thing or whatever, which caused the mountain to freak out, though that didn't stop Buck from leaving anyway. I then left by using an Escape Rope. I'll return to the mountain later, maybe even next time, since I need to go back to do things with Rock Climb in the big cavern. I really didn't want to spend more time in the cave today, though.

Once I was back outside, I flew to the Survival Area.
    >>// \\<<

Totally revamped my team. On Friday, I went to the Union Cave and caught myself Lapras. I also played the Voltorb Flip a few rounds (a lot actually...) to get some coins so that I can buy Dratini. I replaced Flaaffy and Togetic with the two new Pokemon that I got. Realized afterwards that my team would be horribly weak towards Rock and Ice (with Bayleef and Scyther being the rest of the team member) but oh well. I'll manage... somehow.

I thought about continuing straight to Cianwood, but then decided to do some exploration before continuing to level up Lapras and Dratini a little bit. So I went back to the Union Cave and cleared the trainers in Lapras's room and solved the remaining Ruins of Alph puzzles. I still didn't have a Water Stone and Ho-Oh, so I'll have to come back later for the items in those two places. However, I solved the puzzles and caught all 26 forms of Unown. After talking to the researchers, my Unown Report was updated. Still need a Water Stone and Ho-Oh later to get the final ! and ? versions for Unown, but it'll be much later on.

Next up... I explored Mt. Mortar (after stocking up on Super Repels). I explored as much as I could and collected all the items, leaving off the inaccessible parts requiring Waterfall and Rock Climb for later. Then I got ready to Surf for Cianwood.

I have also been planting Persim Berries that I got from Rocky to give as hold items for Bayleef and Dratini... later on, when they learn Petal Dance and Outrage, respectively. I have so far managed to forget watering them twice so the initial yield was 2 berries from 1, and 4 berries from 2. Hopefully I'll be more diligent to check on them for the third round so I can get more than 8 berries for each planting session >.>
    =)

Decided to save the shiny Eevee for later and focus on my in-game team. I am currently prepping for Morty's gym. The Ekans I got has Bite, which is gonna make it useful once it reaches the same level as the rest of the team

Finally got around to sending my original Diamond Team up to Sun and Moon. Left my Diamond pretty gutted but just enough high leveled stuff that allows me to still do stuff. Just slowly going to start working on the ~50 Pokemon I'm missing from my national dex (I completed the dex in Platinum but never Diamond). And then check Mr. Backlot daily to see if there's anything fun to chain in the Trophy Garden.
    Let me feel you, carry you higher
    Watch our words spread hope like
    fire
    Secret crowds rise up and gather
    Hear your voices sing back louder

Been planting Persim Berries like there's no tomorrow and I've got 63 berries... so far. I think that should be good for now. I've also been meeting the Week Siblings to get their respective items and later on, Ribbons. And also collecting points on my Blue Card from Buena's password. So far I have 8... 23 to go.

Also, Rocky (the in-game Onix trade) won me an Ultra Ball at the daily lottery.

Game-wise, I've just about finished detouring the whole Johto region, with the exception of the inaccessible places requiring Rock Climb and Waterfall. I haven't challenged Clair's gym yet; my team are as of now at L37-38. I intend to train to L40 before challenging the gym, so that's 2-3 more levels... at the very least, until Dragonair learns Dragon Rush at L39. Though I have a feeling Lapras's Ice Beam is all I will be spamming against Clair.

... I need to start calling up trainers on Pokegear for battles.
    =)

Back in the Survival Area, I talked to Buck once again and got him to go return the Magma Stone to Stark Mountain. With that done, I returned to the mountain as well. In the middle room, I used Rock Climb several times, allowing me to reach a few items I couldn't get before.

Then, I headed back to the final room of the cave and saw that Heatran was there. I saved, and will catch Heatran next time (checked my bag, and I have plenty of Dusk & Ultra Balls left). I just didn't feel like fighting it today.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 11th November 2017 at 4:34 AM.
    >>// \\<<

Thanks to Dugtrio and Quick Balls I've managed to get both Raikou and Entei. Now all I need is to level my Pokemon to Level 30 and I will be ready for Jasmine

Just doing random things in SoulSilver.

Picking up Apricorns to make balls, catching pokemon in said balls for future breeding in Gen 7, and making a replica of my VC Gold team minus the Feraligatr (cuz i completed the game and had a Typhlosion on the team). I also felt like playing the "better" Johto for a bit.

I did some Pokeathlon, some Safari Zone, got me Pokemon I didn't get on my first run, like Tyrogue. I never got the gift Eevee apparently, I should get on that.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749; ;760;

Shinies found, but could not obtain:

3 shiny hunted, 29 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Battled Heatran tonight. My first attempt at catching it didn't go too well. First, my Magnezone was slower than Heatran and was OHKOed by Lava Plume before it could use Thunder Wave. I tried to paralyze Heatran with my Starmie's Thunderbolt, but I got it down to red HP without any paralysis happening. Then, I threw most of the Dusk Balls I had, but Heatran broke out of them all and ended up Struggling itself to death.

Tried again after soft resetting. This time, Heatran used Fire Spin on the first turn, so my Magnezone was able to use Thunder Wave. Heatran never used Lava Plume on any of the following turns either, which allowed Magnezone to weaken it down. Caught it after 3-4 Dusk Balls.

With Heatran caught, I used an Escape Rope and saved outside the cave entrance.
    >>// \\<<

Levelling up Lapras was much easier than I thought. And Jasmine was a breeze, even when I only had one Pokemon who was actually effective against Steel types. I have entered Team Rocket headquarters. Eventually I plan to add Safari Zone Larvitar to the team, but in the meanwhile I am having it grow in the day care while I explore. Once it knows Crunch, it'll be ready. My final team member will probably be Hitmonchan

I started to grow Lum Berries, thinking that they might be a better hold item for Meganium, but man do they take a long time to grow. Still, I've managed to harvest 5 for now and have already planted 4 more... so let's see how that turns out. I fertilized the soil with Growth Mulch to speed up the process, too.

As of Sunday, I have met all the Week Siblings, so Santos gave my Scyther a Smile Ribbon! Okay so... time to start collecting ribbons then. Next, I went to the Whirl Islands and cleared them one by one, finally meeting Lugia. It took me only 3 Dusk Balls to catch him. (Woohoo for Dusk Balls! I remember in the 3rd Gen, catching Groudon with Ultra Balls was a pain in the rear.)

Alright. Now for the Elite 4!
    =)

Still working on the dex. Mostly waiting on swarming pokemon and things of that nature (i.e. Great Marsh rotations). It's been a slow process but overall hasn't been too bad.
    fire

Today, I returned to Canalave to do a couple of small things. First up was the Fullmoon Island sidequest. After talking to the boy suffering from nightmares, I took the ship to the island. There, I found Cresselia in the forest, and got it to start roaming. It left the Lunar Wing behind, which I picked up, brought back to Canalave, and used to heal the boy.

Next, I sailed back to Iron Island. In the house there, I talked to Byron and received the Metal Coat from him.
    Didn't have time to do much else, so I saved right after.
    >>// \\<<

Through training up some pokemon for evolution for dex credit, I ended up getting my Weavile to level 100. Even after all these years it still feels like an accomplishment! Also re-evaluated my dex, I'm currently missing 72 Pokemon, not 50 (my initial estimate was a bit off). I was able to knock off a handful or national dex radar pokemon this afternoon, as well as 3 evolutions (Lanturn, Seadra, Cloyster).
    fire

Have begun shiny hunting for an Electrode in the Team Rocket base

I've reached the Indigo Plateau!

... Then I returned home. My team level is still not high enough (~43-44) so I started calling Trainers for rematches. I've also started listening to Buena again... so far I have 11 points, IIRC. Also been meeting the Week Siblings; two more and my Scyther will have the complete Ribbn set from them. Next week I'll start giving the Ribbons to... Meganium, maybe.

Lum Berries are growing happily. I have about 20 now and still continuing to grow them. I also happen to have about 100 Persim Berries, hahaha.. Maybe I can sell them for $1000, since I've decided to switch to Lum Berries for Meganium's hold item.
    =)

Given up with Electrode, since I can just hunt in other games. Instead I've been levelling up my team mates so I can be ready to face Pryce. While levelling up Lapras, I got a very nice surprise in Gloom. Specifically, a female shiny Gloom. Later on I will level up Gloom until it learns all its moves through level up, and when that happens it'll be ready to evolve int Bellossom

I've been running through the Elite 4 for God knows how many times now. I've reached Kanto and defeated Lt. Surge, but halfway through Cerulean I decided to stop on the progress and fill up the Pokedex instead (for whichever part that I could), so I opened up Bill's PC and got out a few Pokemon, slapped the Exp. Share on them and began my reruns on the E4. Scyther could single-handedly (or single-scythedly) the E4... almost. Except for Lance, so I brought along Lapras and Dragonair too.

So far, I've evolved my birds and bugs... Doduo, Pidgeotto, Spearow, Hoothoot, Yanma, Venonat.. and some others. Starting to work on the plants now, I think Tangela and Oddish.

In the process, my main team (Scyther, Lapras, Dragonite) leveled up to ~60. Oh well. If I finish evolving all the Pokemon in the PC, the rest of the game will be a breeze.

I'm contemplating on switching Meganium with Togekiss, but it would add make my whole team weak to Rock. As of now, it's 75% weak to Rock XD Maybe I should switch Lapras to Starmie...
    =)

Just finished doing a few small things on my Pearl (which I hadn't played since April according to the journal):

-I went to the restaurant near Lake Valor to battle a few trainers. I did 3 Double Battles in total, using my Leafeon & Glaceon as partners in all three.

-Got a couple of free berries from the flower shop in Floaroma Town and the Berry Master.

-Finally, I went to the Pokemon News Press in Solaceon Town. One of the workers there wanted to see a Finneon, but I didn't have one in my PC (traded a bunch of stuff over to Platinum long ago). So, I actually went fishing and caught a Finneon. I showed it to the news person and received 3 Luxury Balls as thanks.
    >>// \\<<

I've done! I've managed to become the Champion. After hours of level grinding my team to Level 45, I was afraid that I would still be utterly dominated by his Dragonite. Turns out the real challenge was Koga due to how tricky he was. Nessie the Lapras was able to beat all the Dragonite, even the one with Thunder. Thankfully Dragonite is a physical attacker

This has made me very happy. Now I can begin the mass hunt of new Pokemon in the Safari Zone. I will move onto Kanto once I have gotten the final true member of my team: Riolu. I currently have Meganium, Lapras, Pupitar, Furret, Xatu and Ampharos

Back on Diamond, I flew to the Pokemon League building and headed back into Victory Road. I figured it was time to finally explore the part of the cave that had been blocked earlier. So, I went to the newly opened area, where I met Marley. The two of us walked around the room together, fighting several pairs of trainers. Her Arcanine's Helping Hand was sometimes useful in battle, though it really should have attacked more. >_>

Once we reached the other side of the room, Marley left. I stayed behind for a little while to find a few remaining items and trainers with Surf. Eventually, I made my way to the exit, reaching Route 224.
    >>// \\<<

I have been currently getting Pokemon in the Safari Zone and levelling up. Right now, I am focused on getting my stone-evolving Pokemon to a certain level so they have all the moves I'd want when I use said stone

Transferred Last of Pokemon off of pearl and reset said game. Will be starting bidoof only run soon.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast