Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

In the 18+ years I had a first gen game, I don't think I ever encountered the Pat Benatar impersonator in Rock Tunnel. Until just a few days ago.

Before battle: "Hit me with your best shot!"
    After battle: "Fired away!"
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

- I finished exploring like two floors of the Pokemon Tower in Lavender and went out again since I couldn't explore the whole building yet. I settled for visiting Celadon city instead. ^^
    - I crossed Route 8 and went through the other Underground Path cuz I needed to go under Saffron city again. I sped through Route 7 and once in Celadon, I went to the department store.
    - I did some major shopping ha ha and when I was done I got some items around the city including the Coin Case. I gambled at the Game Corner and got my hands on a free Eevee too.

Made some progress on my new Red save file. I picked up the parcel in Viridian and delivered it to Prof. Oak in Pallet Town. Then, my rival and I received our Pokedexes. After that, I returned to Viridian, visited the mart to buy a few things, then continued up to Viridian Forest.

In the forest, I searched around for a Caterpie and eventually caught one. I'm thinking of using Butterfree on my team this time (been wanting to use one on RBY for a while now). Anyway, I battled some Bug Catchers and evolved Caterpie into Metapod before leaving the forest and reaching Pewter City.

Before going to the Pewter Gym, though, I did some more training. I defeated my rival near the Pokemon League and battled wild Polemon until Metapod evolved and Bulbasaur learned Vine Whip. Then, I went to the Gym and was able to beat the one regular trainer and Brock pretty easily.

Team:

Lv. 11-14
    >>// \\<<

- So I finished a few tasks in Celadon city and decided to defeat Team Rocket, who were planning something sinister underneath the Game Corner. I went to their hideout next hee hee. ^^;
    - I had to go around the Rocket HQ and I defeated all of the Team Rocket grunts that I encountered and soon I used the Lift Key which unlocked the elevator to Giovanni's secret spot.
    - Once at Giovanni's office, I challenged him cuz I needed the Silph Scope which I knew he had. When he fled, he dropped the item and I dashed to heal my team of Pokemon after finishing.

Yesterday, I left Pewter City and entered Route 3. There, I immediately fought the first several trainers I encountered to level Butterfree and Bulbasaur up a bit. Once I reached the tall grass, I started looking around for some Pokemon. I caught a Spearow pretty quickly, though I'm not planning on using it on my team. After a million more Spearow and Pidgey encounters, I finally found and caught a Jigglypuff, which I do plan on having in my team.

Next, I spent some time levelling up my Jigglypuff by fighting the remaining trainers on the route and some wild Pokemon. I trained until Jigglypuff reached level 9 and learned Pound. Also, while training my Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur.

Team:

Lv. 9-16
    >>// \\<<

- So I finished healing my team and went to Celadon's gym next to challenge gym leader Erika for my next badge, tho first I added Fearow to my team. At the gym, I began battling.
    - I defeated all the gym's trainers and cut down a bush to reach Erika. I battled her and defeated her grass types in a jiffy relying purely on type advantages. I then got the Rainbow badge.
    - With the Celadon gym cleared, I made a quick trip to Route 16 and got the Fly Hm at a house, then I went under Saffron city again and got to Lavender town and I did some shopping.

After healing at the Route 3 Pokemon Center, I entered Mt. Moon. I wandered around for a bit until I found a wild Geodude. I've decided to have a Golem on my team, so I caught it.

Next, I went back to the Pokemon Center on R. 3 in order to do some trading with my other 3DS. I traded my four main team members to my Red on that system since I wanted to teach them some TM moves to give them some more variety in their movesets. Once that was done, I traded my team back and continued on my way.

Back in Mt. Moon, I explored the whole cave. It was one of the more annoying treks I've had through the mountain, since my Pokemon took quite a beating from the trainers (Ivysaur fainted and Jigglypuff kept taking lots of damage). Fortunately, I did manage to train Jigglypuff and Geodude several levels each, though.
    Oh yeah, I chose the Dome Fossil this time.

Finally, I reached the end of the cave and arrived in Cerulean City soon after.

Team:

Lv. 14-16
    >>// \\<<

I recently revisited the first series of the Pokemon anime on Netflix, and I figured I'd start a new file on Yellow to continue the nostalgia trip. I opted not to use Pikachu, since I'm not a particularly big fan, and I intend to stick to my favourite gen 1 'mons this time around. So far, I've defeated Brock and managed to reach Cerulean without much trouble. I picked up Bulbasaur, and performed the 'Mew glitch' to get myself an early Scyther (what's the gen 1 games without glitches?). I've spent the majority of my time training these two up to match my Sandshrew.

Team:
    Beryl [20] - Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Tackle, Growl
    Weston [20] - Slash, Sand-Attack, Bide, Scratch
    Maki [20] - Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy

I forgot how horrible gen 1 movepools were. Not a STAB in sight for the latter two.
    Last edited by Crobat_Curse; 25th April 2017 at 7:39 PM.

- Well I climbed up the Pokemon Tower cuz I needed to find Mr Fuji, who had been missing for a while. As I identified ghost Pokemon, I also faced off against some possessed Channelers.
    - I defeated several more Channelers near the tower's summit and after healing my team, I encountered the ghost of Marowak. Once I had defeated it, its spirit was finally laid to rest. :]
    - I saw several Team Rocket grunts next when I had gone up the staircase and I beat them all. Mr Fuji and I now returned to his home and he graciously handed me the Poke Flute item. ^^

Today, I started by looking around Cerulean City. Once that was done, I began heading north, only to be stopped by my rival for another battle. I defeated his team using most of my Pokémon during the battle.

After that, I continued north and battled the trainers on the Nugget Bridge. Then, I fought even more trainers as I made my way to Bill's house. I used my Jigglypuff a lot during those battles, since I was finding that it was lagging behind my other team members.

Eventually, I reached Bill's house, helped him out, and got the SS Ticket. Next, I'll go to the Cerulean Gym.
    >>// \\<<

I've had quite a lot of spare time to devote to this recently, so I've progressed a fair amount. I arrived in Celadon earlier and made quick work of Erika using Scyther, and also spruced up the team's movesets a little with TMs from the Department Store. I'm currently on Cycling Road, having just finished training up Ponyta. I've also added a Poliwag to the team that I intend to level up at some point.

Team:
    Beryl [30] - Razor Leaf, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Body Slam
    Diablo [30] - Dig, Rock Slide, Bide, Bind
    Knox [30] - Bubblebeam, Ice Beam, Horn Drill, Headbutt
    Papillon [30] - Ember, Horn Drill, Double-Edge, Reflect
    Maki [30] - Slash, Double Team, Quick Attack, Hyper Beam
    Ruffian [15] - Hypnosis, Water Gun, Substitute, Bubble

Today, I returned to Cerulean City from Bill's house. After healing at the Pokemon Center, I went to the Gym and quickly fought the two regular trainers there. Once that was done, I battled Misty. I began that battle with my Butterfree, who was able to take down Staryu. Then, I switched to Ivysaur when Starmie came out. After using Leech Seed and some Vine Whips, Starmie went down.

Once I received my Cascade Badge, I left the Gym and healed my team again. Then, I went to the burglarized house, battled the Team Rocket Grunt in the backyard, and got the Dig TM. Then, I saved.

Team:

Lv. 18-20
    >>// \\<<

- I finished every task at Lavender town, so now I set my sights on using my new Poke Flute item in order to awaken the sleeping Snorlax that was blocking the path to Route 11 next. :3
    - So I left south and crossed the long bridge section which took me forever cuz I kept battling several trainers ha ha. When I saw Snorlax snoozing, I used the flute and Snorlax awoke.
    - When I had finished battling and catching Snorlax, I paid a quick visit to Vermilion city and traveled to Celadon again. When I was near Cycling Road, I awakened the other Snorlax. :]

Left Cerulean City today. I walked by the Day Care and then entered the underground path since Saffron wasn't accessible. The path lead me to Route 6 above Vermilion City. I wanted to train my team a bit more, so I fought the trainers on that route (the Bug Catcher with the Butterfree was so annoying with status effects...had to backtrack to Cerulean afterwards to heal).

Once I was done with Route 6, I entered Vermilion. I checked out every building around town, except for the Gym, and talked to various people. I received the Bike Voucher and the Old Rod.
    After that, I went down the pier and boarded the SS Anne. Will look around the ship next time.
    >>// \\<<

- With Route 16's Snorlax now gone as well, I now set my sights on crossing the Cycling Road path, which was a tedious downhill road. I had to face several trainers as I progressed.
    - I eventually finished battling and made it to Fuchsia city and healed my team of battered Pokemon hee hee. I shopped for items as well and visited the Safari Zone warden's home. :3
    - In order to get the Strength Hm from the warden, I knew that I needed to find his dentures, so I paid to enter the Safari Zone. Once there, I raced to find those lost Gold Teeth ha ha. ^^;

Since the last update, I've trained up Poliwag and evolved a few other members. I gave the Safari Zone a go, and later defeated Koga. I was pretty underleveled, but Onix still managed to make quick work of the entirety of the gym. I've now just arrived in Saffron and intend to take on Team Rocket at Silph Co.

Team:
    Beryl [40] - Razor Leaf, Swords Dance, Leech Seed, Body Slam
    Diablo [40] - Dig, Rock Slide, Toxic, Bind
    Knox [40] - Surf, Ice Beam, Horn Drill, Double-Edge
    Papillon [40] - Ember, Fire Spin, Hyper Beam, Reflect
    Ruffian [40] - Amnesia, Surf, Submission, Blizzard
    Maki [40] - Slash, Swords Dance, Quick Attack, Hyper Beam

Yesterday, I made my way around the SS Anne. I battled the trainers on the main and lower deck, then went to fight my rival. After defeating my rival's team with my Geodude and Ivysaur, I left the ship to go heal. When I came back, I finished fighting the rest of the trainers and picking up the remaining items onboard. Then, I got the Cut HM from the captain and left.

Next, I went to the Vermilion Poke Mart to sell a few items that were clogging up space in my bag. I then bought a few things I was getting low on, like potions and repels. Once that was done, I went to another house and traded my Spearow in exchange for Farfetch'd. I taught the Farfetch'd Cut since I'm going to use it as an HM slave.

Next time, I'll probably look around Diglett's Cave and the nearby route and then head to the Vermilion Gym.
    >>// \\<<

- With the Safari Zone warden's missing Gold Teeth now found, I continued exploring the Safari Zone cuz I also needed the Surf Hm, which could only be found at the same location. ^^
    - So I soon found the building and a man inside rewarded me with the Surf Hm, which I stashed away before I was kicked out of the area hee hee. I now did last minute level training.
    - I set off to Route 15 and the neighboring routes cuz my team was in dire need of leveling up before I could challenge the Fuchsia city gym. I defeated several trainers in the area next.

Went out to Route 11 to train a bit more. I fought every trainer on that route, which took a while since there were quite a few of them, getting most of my team up a level or two. Then, I went to Diglett's Cave and started going through the tunnel. I fought a few wild Diglett and a Dugtrio to train my Butterfree and Ivysaur some more.

Once I reached the other side of the tunnel, I left and explored the other half of Route 2. After receiving the Flash HM, I returned to Diglett's Cave and made my way back to Vermilion City. Then, I went to the Vermilion Gym. I quickly defeated the regular trainers and then started looking for the switches in the trash cans. Fortunately, they weren't too hard to find. I did have the lock reset once, but the first switch ended up re-spawning in the exact same trash can lol.

Next, I fought Lt. Surge. It was an easy Gym battle since his Pokémon couldn't do much to my Geodude. After the fight, my Geodude evolved into Graveler.

Team:

Lv. 24-25
    >>// \\<<

Help! I'm at the Elite Four but my team is pretty underleveled!!! I'll admit that I sidestepped past a lot of trainers in a rush to get to the end. Is there a particularly good place to level up the mons I have right now or should I just backtrack and take out the early trainers I missed?

Nevertheless, I've had a great time with this runthrough of VC Red. I made a little sidequest of transferring most of the available in-game trades up to Moon. Of course, since Jynx is one of my favorite Pokemon ever, Lola's been working overtime in gen 7. I'm also interested in Marc the Lickitung becoming a Lickilicky and Crinkles the Tangela becoming a Tangrowth. And Spot the now-Nidoqueen also got a good IV spread after the transfer.

My team:

Once I beat the Elite Four I'll catch Mewtwo and we'll all have a joyous reunion in Alola
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

After winning at the Vermilion Gym, I left and headed back to Cerulean City. There, I exchanged my Bike Voucher for a real bicycle and then continued on to Route 9. I fought my way through the trainers there before arriving on Route 10. To make the trip through Rock Tunnel easier, I caught a Voltorb in the tall grass and taught it Flash.

Next, I healed my team at the Pokemon Center next to Rock Tunnel and then entered the cave. Getting through the tunnel wasn't too bad, though there were a LOT more trainers than I'd remembered (though, I did skip quite a few of them when playing Yellow last time). My team really benefited from all that training, though.

Finally, I found the exit and reached the lower half of Route 10. After fighting a few more people, I arrived in Lavender Town.
    >>// \\<<

- Well next I finished beating many trainers along Route 15 and I went to Fuchsia city again in order to challenge Koga's gym. Once inside, I had to solve the gym's invisible wall puzzle.
    - I kept finding dead ends while searching for Koga's spot, but I soon saw him and our battle finally began. Long story short, I somehow won but some of my Pokemon were poisoned.
    - When I had the Soul badge, I visited the Pokemon Center and I exchanged Pokemon inside before heading to Saffron city. I gave a guard at the gate some Fresh Water and went in. :]

After looking around Lavender Town for a little while, I continued on to Route 8. I skipped most of the trainers there and instead heading for the underground path. Once I reached the other end, I left and made my way into Celadon City.

Next, I made some changes to my team in Celadon. First, I went to the mansion and picked up the free Eevee. I want to use Jolteon on my team, so I then went to the department store, bought a ThunderStone, and used it on Eevee. Then, I used one of the Moon Stones in my bag and evolved my Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff since I felt it was time. Finally, back at the Pokemon Center, I connected to my other 3DS and traded to evolve my Graveler.

Once all that was done, I went back to Route 8 and fought the remaining trainers. Got my team members to level 27-29 or so. Next time, I'll probably go to the Celadon Gym.
    >>// \\<<

- So now I was at Saffron city and I explored a few buildings when I was finished at the Pokemon Center. I saw several Team Rocket grunts however, which didn't seem to bode well. :[
    - I went to challenge the Saffron gym, but first I decided to visit the Fighting Dojo cuz I wanted to get my hands on a Hitmonlee hee hee. When I beat the karate leader, I received one.
    - I stopped at the Saffron gym now and used the warp panels and explored the gym. I defeated trainers and reached Sabrina's spot. I defeated her team pretty quick and got the badge. ^^

Today, I headed over to the Celadon Gym. I used all of my team members except Golem to fight the Gym trainers, who were kind of annoying with moves like Wrap and PoisonPowder. Once they were all taken care of, I quickly healed my team and then challenged Erika. My Butterfree took down her Victreebel. Then, I decided to give my Wigglytuff a shot against Tangela. Wigglytuff defeated it pretty easily, so I kept it in against Vileplume.

After receiving my Rainbow Badge, I went to the Game Corner. I received a few coins from NPCs at the slots, then fought the Team Rocket Grunt by the poster. I then entered Team Rocket's hideout and saved.

Team:

Lv. 29-30
    >>// \\<<

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast