Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

- Okay so with Sabrina now defeated, I decided to go beat Team Rocket at the Silph Co. building, which they had completely taken over. I quickly went from floor to floor in the offices. :]
    - I soon discovered that I needed a key to open up some sections of the building, s I defeated several Team Rocket grunts and searched for it. I was finally able to get my hands on the key.
    - I unlocked doors and found new pathways where employees were hiding and I got a few items as well, then I visited the third floor and teleported to a new section and saw my rival again.

Yesterday, I went through the Rocket Hideout. I battled a couple of Rockets on the first floor, then headed downstairs to the floors with the spin tile mazes. Got through those just fine and obtained the Lift Key soon after. Eventually, I made it to Giovanni's room and battled him. I had my Ivysaur in the lead, which was fortunate since it made taking down Onix and Rhyhorn really easy. I kept Ivysaur in against Kangaskhan, too, which was a more difficult match-up for me (had to use a potion or two), but Ivysaur won in the end.

After defeating Giovanni, I picked up the Silph Scope and then made my way out. Back at the department store, I sold quite a few of the items I'd found in the hideout since my bag was getting full, then stocked up on a few things I was running low on, like repels. Finally, I then headed back to Lavender Town and entered Pokemon Tower.
    >>// \\<<

- I finished beating my rival next and a Silph Co employee who was nearby gave me a Lapras all of a sudden, which I went to store in my PC before reaching the final floor of the building.
    - I saw that Giovanni was keeping Silph Co's president as his hostage and I challenged Giovanni to put an end to his antics. I managed to win and Giovanni left the company like a coward. :]
    - With Team Rocket now gone from Saffron city, I exchanged Pokemon and went shopping in Celadon city next, then I made plans to visit Cinnabar island to get my seventh Kanto badge.

Got through the Pokemon Tower today. The first thing I did was fight my rival again. My Jolteon defeated three of his Pokemon, while my Golem and Wigglytuff dealt with Charmeleon and Exeggcute respectively. After that, I continued on my way up the tower. Along the way, I fought the Channelers and the ghost Marowak. On the highest floor, I defeated some Team Rocket people and evolved my Ivysaur into Venusaur. Then, I found Mr. Fuji and received the Poke Flute from him back at his house.

Once I was done in Lavender Town, I returned to Celadon City and headed over to Cycling Road. I woke up the Snorlax blocking the way and fought it. After weakening it with teamwork from Butterfree and Golem, I caught Snorlax in my second Great Ball. Then, I rode my bike down Cycling Road and made a beeline for Fuchsia City. I skipped the trainers along the way for now as I'm saving the Exp. Points for my final team member, which I'll catch once I can Surf.
    >>// \\<<

- I set off to Fuchsia city now and passed through it on my way to Route 19. I surfed when I had reached the coast and I was swarmed by wild Tentacools and Swimmers as expected. :]
    - I defeated all the Swimmers on my way to the Seafoam Islands and when I had arrived, I visited the interior cave system which was hard to get through cuz of all the currents inside.
    - I had to shove so many boulders aside just to block the currents, then I surfed some more and reached the cave's exit. I finished exploring the sea and then I saved on Cinnabar Island. ^^

Went to the Safari Zone today in order to collect all of the items. I had to enter three times before I got everything, including the Surf HM and Gold Teeth. I captured a few Pokemon, too, including Exeggcute and Paras.

Next, after exchanging the teeth for the Strength HM at the warden's house, I entered the Fuchsia Gym. I fought the Gym trainers as usual, but the battles weren't easy. It was mostly the Psychic-using-why-aren't-they-in-the-Saffron-Gym-instead trainers who gave me trouble (never realized how brutal a STAB move from a freaking Drowzee could be). Koga, though, was much easier to defeat, mostly because he actually uses Poison types in his Poison type Gym. The Koffing family & Muk couldn't do too much to my Golem.

After winning at the Gym, I taught Surf to the Snorlax I caught last time and started Surfing on Route 19. Soon, I encountered a Tentacool - a level 35 one too - and caught it. Tentacool's my obligatory Water type for this playthrough, so I now have all six of my team members.

Team:

Lv. 32-35
    >>// \\<<

- So I visited Cinnabar Island's mart and purchased items and I also visited the gym although it was currently locked, which was an inconvenience. I visited the Pokemon Center too.
    - I exchanged Pokemon and visited the lab building next door. Some people inside offered me trades, tho I declined hee hee. I visited the mansion after that to locate the gym's missing key.
    - I pressed switches as I roamed the abandoned building and I leveled up some of my Pokemon as well, which would come in handy for the gym challenge. I then stumbled down a hole.

Today, I spent my time just doing a lot of training. I didn't do any training on my way to Fuchsia City, so I still had to fight all of the trainers on Cycling Road and the routes between Fuchsia and Lavender. Decided to start by taking on everyone on Cycling Road. Even though it was my highest levelled Pokemon, I used my new Tentacool against the first couple of trainers I fought, since I wanted to get it to level up and evolve. Once I had my Tentacruel, I focused on training my other Pokemon.

After finishing with Cycling Road (and also Route 18), I continued training on Routes 12-15. Took me quite a while to defeat every trainer on that stretch, but I eventually made it back to Lavender Town. I fought the second Snorlax, too, and defeated it with my Golem.

Next time, I'll probably go to Saffron, though I might train on the sea routes instead.
    >>// \\<<

Decided to purchase Yellow today. I started a new game, got Pikachu, lost my first rival battle to Blue's Eevee (great start i must say haha...xD), raised Pikachu to Level 8 (learning Tail Whip and Thunder Wave respectively), delivered Oaks parcel and saved my game in Viridian City after healing Pikachu at the Pokemon Centre, ready to start the journey properly.

Team so far:

Level: 8
    Attacks: Thundershock, Growl, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave
    My In-Game Pokemon Sun Team:
    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ ¤°.¸¸.•´Ż`» Sylveon and Aegislash fan! ¤°.¸¸.•´Ż`» Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Went to Saffron City. I started by looking around town first, which didn't take too long since a lot of the buildings were blocked by Team Rocket members. I did pick up the Psychic TM, though.

At the Fighting Dojo, I defeated the regular Blackbelts using my Butterfree, Wigglytuff, and Golem. I then fought the head trainer and defeated him using just my Butterfree. Before leaving, I obtained a Hitmonlee, chosen simply because it's my favourite of the Hitmons.

Next, I healed my team at the Pokemon Center and then made some space in my bag by selling a few items. Then, I entered the Silph Co. building.
    >>// \\<<

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819