Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

I cleared the trainers on the way to Bill’s house and helped him transform back into a human. I defeated the Dig Rocket and got the TM which was promptly taught to Sandshrew which means I finally will stop struggling with Rock types! Next up was the Cerulean Gym which Pikachu cleared all by itself. Staryu fell to two Thundershocks and Starmine was first paralyzed with Thunder Wave before getting knocked out as well. On the route to Vermillion City Spearow evolved into Fearow and Venonat learned Confision which will hopefully make it less worthless. I healed up and headed east to battle some trainers and then headed into the SS Anne.

So here’s the thing. It may be that my team is kinda weak but this place was beyond frustrating. Every freaking Tentacool (of which there are many) would just use Wrap, Supersonic, Wrap, Supersonic, etc. Somehow they would never miss and it made my blood boil. On the plus side Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash and I managed to beat Gary with no problems. I got Cut and headed to the Vermillion Gym which was defeated entirely by Sandslash’s Dig. Even the trash puzzle only took a couple tries before completion. I decided to take a break after the battle.

Off topic but I am typing this from my phone in my cubicle at work. It’s Friday and I am bored.
    Last edited by Drummerdude; Yesterday at 10:13 PM.
    Current Yellow Team

Badges: 4

I began heading to Cianwood City by Surfing on Routes 40 & 41. Took a while to cover both of those ocean routes and battle all of the trainers. Route 41 took the longest, since there were so many trainers to find scattered around the Whirl Islands.

Eventually, I arrived in Cianwood. I healed my team at the Pokemon Center, then spent some time looking around the town. At the pharmacy, I received the SecretPotion. In the northernmost part of the island, I saw Suicune and then had to battle Eusine. My Houndoom defeated his Drowzee, followed by my Swinub defeating both Haunter and Electrode with Earthquake.

Next time, I will likely go to the Cianwood Gym.
    >>// \\<<

I went and got the Flash HM from one of Oak's aides near Viridian City and then headed onto Route 9 where I captured a Magnemite to teach Flash because I am not wasting that crappy move on Pikachu or Venonat. I managed to make it through the cave without too many issues and I found the area to be a great place to train Venonat against the wild Pokemon. Also I didn't find any items in the cave when I swear I remember at least a couple. Anywho I made it to Lavender Town where I defeated Gary once again and beat up some Fishermen with Pikachu just south of the city. A slumbering beast blocked my path so my only option was to head west, battle a few more trainers, and made it to Celadon City.

Instead of hitting up the gym I decided to head to the Game Corner and defeat Team Rocket. Venonat evolved a lot earlier than I expected it too which was a nice surprise. I spun around and rode elevators to get to Giovanni who fell to three Dig's from Sandslash. I picked up the Silph Scope and returned to Lavender Town and began my climb of the spooky tower. I saved some old guy who gave me a Poke Flute so I returned to the sleeping Pokemon south of Lavender, caught it, and picked up the Super Rod. I then returned to Celadon City and defeated the Snorlax there so I could head to the Cycling Road and capture my fifth team member after 12 encounters (24% encounter rate huh?)....a Ponyta! While I was there I headed to the water and fished up my sixth team member, a Shellder! So no I have a full team with only 3 badges...I swear when I was planning out my team I thought Ponyta was found on Cinnabar Island.

I ended up leaving Shellder in the PC for a Charmander that knew Cut and cleared the Celadon gym with my new Ponyta, although Fearow and Venomoth got in on the action against Erika. I returned to the Cycling Road and defeated the various bikers and cue balls or whatever they are called. Upon arriving in Fuchsia City I decided to go ahead and evolve Shellder into Cloyster to gain that Ice typing and then I headed into the Safari Zone to grab Surf because I sold my Bubblebeam TM like an idiot and Clamp was just not getting it done. Once my Safari Game ended I took a break.
    Current Yellow Team

Badges: 4

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728