Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

I caught Suicune! Thank God!

Now's the time for Raikou, whom i did find. I had a moment where I found it and RoamerBait the Jynx froze it with Ice Punch, and started chucking balls. It took a very long time to it to unfreeze, and took up most of all the balls i had. I couldn't catch it, I had too many 3-shakes-but-still-breaks moments, which didn't help.

Also an issue with Raikou, he's faster than Jynx who is 5 levels lower. I made her take a lot of Carbos, so she's getting all the Speed EVs, and after 5, i can finally... probably win in a speed tie! Yay!

*shoves another Carbos in Jynx's face*
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

Shinies found, but could not obtain:

3 shiny hunted, 27 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

I defeated the heartless Rocket-dan members who had been cutting off Yadon tails at the Well of Yadon, and then I returned to Hiwada Town in order to achieve my objective of winning the Insect Badge from the Hiwada Gym. I began my Gym challenge by winning against the Gym's weaker trainers before requesting a battle with Tsukushi. I faced Tsukushi's team of Bug-type Pokemon and won with relative ease thanks to my Hoho's type advantage. With my second Jouto badge now in hand, I prepared to visit the Forest of Ubame, however my rival appeared before I could get going. I defeated him, then I went on an errand to stock up on items.

Yesterday my events started with me climbing up the Olivine Lighthouse. When I got to the top, I met Jasmine whom asked me to get medicine for the sick lighthouse Pokemon. So my next stop was in Cianwood City. When I was there, I picked up the medicine. I then fought and defeated Chuck for my fifth gym badge. After that, I obtained HM02 from his wife. I then flew back to Olivine to deliver the medicine.

After delivering the medicine, Jasmine said she would head back to the gym. I then headed to the gym to battle her. After defeating her in battle, It was time for me to check out east of Ecruteak City. When I reached Mahogany Town, my next objective was to check out the Lake of Rage. When I was at the Lake of Rage, I battled and caught the Red Gyarados. After that, I met Lance, who told me about a strange signal coming from Mahogany Town. After finding the location of the strange signal, Lance and I dealt with the Team Rocket base. My next objective is to go to the Mahogany Gym for my seventh gym badge. I have seen 111 Pokemon and own 41.

Team Daedric Princes
    Sheogorath (Feraligatr)
    Lv: 37
    Moves: Scratch, Ice Punch, Bite, Surf

Boethiah (Flaaffy)
    Lv: 27
    Moves: Thunderpunch, Headbutt, Thundershock, Rock Smash

Malacath (Sudowoodo)
    Lv: 23
    Moves: Rock Throw, Dynamicpunch, Strength, Low Kick

Hircine (Noctowl)
    Moves: Hypnosis, Fly, Mud-Slap, Flash

Peryite (Koffing)
    Lv: 21
    Moves: Poison Gas, Tackle, Smog, Sludge

Azura (to be caught)

Last night, I fought Clair at the Blackthorn Gym. I defeated two of her Dragonair using my own Dragonair. For the third one, I switched over to Politoed since my Dragonair was in rough shape from being hit with Thunder Wave + Dragonbreath. Finally, I ended up using Miltank against Kingdra. I wanted to use Ampharos then, but I clicked on the wrong Pokemon. >_> Miltank ended up doing a good job, though, and was able to KO Kingdra after spamming Headbutt. Kingdra didn't do much to me, just using Smokescreen (I never missed) and Surf once (which Miltank survived).

After that, I had to go to the Dragon's Den. I looked around for a bit, but then saw that I needed Whirlpool. So, I quickly headed back to the Pokemon Center and put my shiny new Red Gyarados HM slave in my party. Once I got rid of the whirlpool, I was able to find the Dragon Fang and receive the badge from Clair.

Finally, I started heading back to Newbark Town by heading down the mountains again. I leveled up my team a bit more against the wild Pokemon. I caught Gligar and Teddiursa, too.

Team:

Lv. 36-37
    >>// \\<<

Welp, done with all the gyms, and everything except Red. I think I'm going to wait a while to tackle him, since I hate grinding for levels.

I'm working on completing my PokeDex, rounding up all the stray bits like the Day Siblings, things like that. I unlocked all the Ruins of Alph puzzles yesterday, and I just picked up the Tyrogue from the Karate King whilst clearing out Mt Mortar today. Probably going to go after a Lapras Tomorrow.
    F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
    U - for Uranium, Bomb!
    N - is for No Survivors...

3DS friend code 2552 2930 8097
    Secret Base profile: http://mini-info.net/galleries/misc/...SecretBase.png
    WTT for: Monsoon & River Vivillon.

Hi, everyone. I love reading everyones adventure stories
    I bought VC Gold from the BestBuy code card when the game came out. I bought gold VC because I never played gold. I have the cartridge of Silver and Crystal. I will give you a speed run of what I have been doing. I have 6 badges right now. I doing a scrambled team of random pokemon. I started my game, got Chikorita. The first one I picked was a female, did the errand and came back. I name my trainer Sakura and my rival Ino. I caught a Bellsprout on route 31 and traded for Onix. I trained Onix to level 8. I skipped Sprout Tower and went to the gym. I beat the gym with just Onix. I deposited Onix and now I have just Chikorita. I got the egg from the Prof. Aid and deposited in the PC. I skipped as many trainers as I can so I don't level up to much. I caught a Wooper on Route 32 and put in PC. I Caught Sandshrew in Union Cave. She will be on my team. I Saved the Slowpokes, lost to Bugsy. Trained my pokemon some more in Slowpoke well tell they were lv. 18. Went back to gym and won. Caught Paras in Ilex Forest for cut. Caught a Ditto on Route 34 and got Todd's number. Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash. Beat Whitney. Got Irwin's number. I had to entered the bug catching contest so many times to win. so I can win an everstone and sun stone. I kept getting last place. I got 2nd place twice. and 3rd place once. So I kept the everstones. I Caught a Venonat at the contest for my team. When the contest was over, I caught a Sunkern at National Park for my team. I got Alan's number. I battled and killed Sudowoodo. I went to Ecruteak City. My pokemon where on lv. 22, but Venonat and Sunkern. I used the time capsule, I got 2 Clefairy and Horsea. Traded with my sister, Her HootHoot for Clefairy. Went back to goldenrod and breed them. got Cleffa and Horsea with smokescreen. I went and trained all my pokemon to lv.22 battle all the trainers I skipped and wild pokemon. My sister traded me a sun stone for my Sunflora. Evolved her when she was on lv. 15. awakened the beast and lost to the gym twice. trained to lv. 24 and tried again. I won thanks to my Sandslash's sand attack on Gengar. I got Chad's number and help the Milktank. went threw the tower, beat Chuck's Pokémon, my pokemon where on lv. 26. Trained them to lv. 27 and beat Jasmine. Now that's where I'm at. I didn't play today yet.
    Last edited by MarioKart; 14th October 2017 at 1:55 AM.

Turns out a Swinub with Powder Snow and Mud Slap as its only viable moves is not very strong. I slapped the Exp Share on it and began making my up the Radio Tower and later into the Underground before stopping Team Rocket once and for all. I then returned to Mahogany Town and headed east towards the Ice Path once more. The puzzles weren't too difficult for the most part and Quilava evolved into Typhlosion during the trek. I arrived in Blackthorn City and decided to travel south a few times to level up my team before taking on the gym. After Swinub evolved and my team was sufficiently leveled up I defeated the trainers in the gym and challenged Clair. Miltank and Piloswine took care of her Dragonairs and Ampharos managed to paralyze and knock out Kingdra.

After completing the Dragon Trial or whatever I returned to New Bark Town and made my first steps into Kanto......only to realize that Slowking cannot learn Waterfall. Because I do not have a Flying type I had to make my way to Cherrygrove City and swap out Slowking for the Red Gyarados. I returned to Kanto, rode the waterfall, and headed down Route's 28 and 27 before taking a break at Victory Road.
    Current Silver Team

Badges: 8

Back in Newbark Town, I went to the lab and spoke with Prof. Elm. After receiving the Master Ball from him, I stopped by my own house for a sec before heading to the water to start Surfing.

Soon, I entered Kanto and began traveling along Route 27. I made it through Tohjo Falls pretty easily, since I taught Waterfall to my Dragonair as a filler move until it evolves. Then, I went across the long bridge that stretched to Route 26. I fought a bunch of trainers along the way, and tried to explore some more with Surf. I couldn't explore everything, however, since I didn't have a Pokemon with Whirlpool on me.

On Route 26, I went as far as the house you can heal in. I trained my team in the tall grass a little, until everyone was level 37-38. I caught a Ponyta, too.
    Next time, I'll continue towards Victory Road.
    >>// \\<<

Since I have surf and fly now, I decided to do some side jobs. I went to Route 40 and started breaking rocks. I found a Krabby. I used my Cleffa to confuse it with its sweet kiss and lower its attack with charm. when it was half way on yellow, I threw a Great ball and caught it. I named it Pincher since I had a krabby name that on my old red game. I have it stored in Pokémon Stadium. Its going to be for my HMs. I taught strength, rock smash, and surf. I took out HootHoot from the pc too, for Flash. I put Chikorita and Sandslash in the pc. I flew to Cherrygrove City and got Mystic water. then I walked to the Dark Cave to explore. I use Flash and rock smash to get threw. I took the bottom route and came out to route 46. I battled the Hiker first and use my Horsea on all the Geodudes. I then went threw and around again to take the other path. I beat Mankey with Venonat and the 2 Ponytas with Horsea. I then flew to Violet City and surf to get the two items on each side. I went to the PC and deposit HootHoot. Took out Sandslash and went down to Union Cave. I went deep in the cave where Lapras is and battled all the trainers. Picked up all the items and left. Went to heal my pokemon, then I went back in the Union Cave and went up the stairs. Battled the Hikers and came out at the the Ruins of Alph. I battle the Psychic trainer and then trained my pokemon in the grass. I battled Natus and Smeargles tell my team was up to lv.29-30. I had to go back once, to switch out one of my pokemon to train it. Now i'm ready to go to Mahogany Town.
    Current Gold Team:

All Level 29-30
    Badges: 6

I exchanged some of my Pokemon via the PC inside Hiwada Town's Pokemon Center, then I set off to the Forest of Ubame. I walked through the somewhat dark maze of trees until I reached a dead end, which was blocked by a bush. I had to find the lost Kamonegi in the woods, which granted me access to the Cut HM thanks to the charcoal maker. I continued north and found a man who gave me the Headbutt HM, which I taught to my Upah. I found and captured a wild Kunugidama via this method, then I reached the exit. I made my way to Route 34's Pokemon Day Care after defeating some trainers, and I left my Hoho there.

Tonight, I finished with Route 26 by defeating the remaining trainers. After healing my team, I then continued into Victory Road. It wasn't too difficult to get through, especially since there weren't any Strength puzzles or anything to deal with. I fought quite a few wild Pokemon to make up for the lack of trainers.

At the end of the cave, I fought my rival once again. His Golbat was a little annoying because it used Confuse Ray on my Dragonair, but his other Pokemon were pretty easy for my team. Most or all of my team members defeated a Pokemon during the fight.

Then, I reached Indigo Plateau and entered the Pokemon League building. I healed and sold some items I didn't need.
    Before taking on the Elite Four, I'm going to do some more training first. My team is level 38-39 now, and I want to work on getting my Pokemon to level 40+ next time.
    >>// \\<<

I currently have 4 badges in Pokémon Silver. After arriving in Olivine and getting both the Good Rod and the HM for Strength, I went to Cianwood City to pick up the Secret Potion. I tried taking on the Cianwood Gym, but I stopped after the first trainer since their pokémon were all at level 27 while all of mine were around level 20-22. I decided to grind through trainer battles to level up my team, but I got lost on Route 41 and accidentally wound up back in Olivine City. I gave the Secretpotion to Amphy and decided to level up the pokémon I was planning on using at the Olivine gym.

However, after looking up info on the main site, I decided to do something I've never done before in any of my Johto games. Since all of my pokémon are currently between levels 21-25, and Pryce's team is no higher than level 30, I decided to take on the Lake of Rage and the Mahogony gym first to level up my team. Afterwards, I'd backtrack to Olivine City and Cianwood City so that my team would be strong enough to take on Chuck and Jasmine. I know I don't have Fly yet, but I thought this would be a way to play the game in a bit of a challenge mode. I'm currently at the Mahogony Town Pokémon Center & I'm about to head up to the Lake of Rage.

Aside from that, I captured a Yanma last night and leveled up my Flaaffy at the Daycare Center since I'm also trying to prepare my main team for the Elite 4. I was planning on including my Weepinbell, but I'm not sure if it can stand up to Lance's Dragon types and I can't evolve it into Victreebell until I get to Kanto anyway. I'm also trying to decide between Noctowl or Togetic for my Flying type, and I'm hoping this trip to Mahogony Town will help me decide.

Moon Trainer Passport:

• Name: Mitsuki Nagaoka
    • Hometown: Ohana Shore, Alola
    • Originally from : Pallet Town, Kanto
    • Status: Deciding to explore Hau'oli City while Lillie goes off on her own

At last I defeated Blue. The toughest battle in the game so far. I lost many times ... All his Pokémon was tough, but his Alakazam takes the price. None of my Pokémon could resist Psychic ... But his mistake was to use Disable so my Gyarados defeated it. Now with 16 Badges, I can now go to Mt. Silver and met the legendary Trainer. But first I have to train.

My team I used in the battle with Blue:

Meganium
    Golem
    Ampharos
    Heracross
    Noctowl
    Gyarados

My other Pokémon I'm also training:

Slowking
    Miltank
    Beedrill
    Piloswine
    Flareon
    Jolteon
    Vaporeon
    Mr. Mime
    Ho-Oh

All my Pokémon are in levels 40-44.
    Last edited by Li_Syaoran; 18th October 2017 at 12:38 PM.

My new gold file:

Name: Geo
    Rival Name: Raichu
    Starter: Chikorita
    Starter's name and gender: Korrina and female :P
    Other team mates:
    Pokegirl (Hoot-hoot, female),
    Melanie (Sentret, female),
    and,
    FairyTypePK (Caterpie, also female XD)

Yep, my whole team is female

I have no badges yet.

I made it to violet city and I really like the sprout tower XD Level 3 sprout tower bellsprout=the audinos of johto :P 54 exp per KO FTW
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

After arriving in Goldenrod and exploring the city for a bit, I plucked up the courage to head into the underground to look for the coin case a guy in the game corner had chucked down there. Battled some questionable folk down there, but they were fairly easily dispatched. Found a hidden passage into somewhere too, but it was locked.

Returned to the game corner with my newly acquired coin case and bought 50 coins to get started. Began on the slot machines, making a modest amount before the machine started refusing to pay out, even for a winning combination. Getting a bad feeling about this game corner. Despite that, I gave the card game a go, and won big with a x24 bet on my first go. This is how they get you hooked. Hadn't actually intended to make such a big bet, just took me a while to realise you could make lower risk ones by betting on entire rows. Left with double the coins I started with. Not a bad start, but a long way to go before I'll be able to actually buy anything.

The next day I headed to the gym to battle Whitney. Led with Watson III, (Drowzee), who put her Clefairy to sleep with an early Hypnosis. That allowed for Furret to be safely switched in and defeat it. Repeated the tactic for her Miltank, with Watson coming back in. Tanked the first Rollout, put Miltank to sleep, then switching out. This time for Quilava, who did the rest. Remember that battle being a lot more frustrating as a kid.
    SILVER

Today, I did some training in preparation for the Pokemon League. I mainly fought Pokemon in Victory Road and on Routes 26-27. I also brought along my Red Gyarados to pass the Whirlpool on Route 27, which I forgot to go back and do last time, allowing me to fight another trainer and get the Solar Beam TM.

Next, I went back to Johto for a little while. There were a couple of trainers who wanted rematches, so I fought them for the experience.

Then, I returned to Indigo Plateau. My team is level 41-42 now. I'm considering going ahead and fighting the Elite Four next time, but I might level up everyone to 42-43 instead. Will depend on how much time I have.
    >>// \\<<

My events of yesterday started with me beating the Mahogany Gym. After beating it, Professor Elm called about a strange broadcast. I then decided to first go through Route 44 and the Ice Path to reach Blackhorn City. After reaching Blackhorn, I then flew to Goldenrod where I noticed a lot more Team Rocket members.

It was then that I decided to check the Radio Tower. Team Rocket had taken it over. I battled my way through the first two floors and the western half of floors three, four, and five. I then made my way through the Underground Warehouse where I battled my rival again. Course I also battled more Team Rocket members and saved the Radio Director. My next objective is the clear the eastern half of floors three, four, and five of the Radio Tower. I have seen 128 Pokemon and own 46

Team Daedric Princes
    Sheogorath (Feraligatr)
    Lv: 41
    Moves: Slash, Ice Punch, Bite, Surf

Peryite (Koffing)
    Lv: 31
    Moves: Poison Gas, Tackle, Smog, Sludge

Boethiah (Flaaffy -> Ampharos)
    Lv: 31
    Moves: Thunderpunch, Headbutt, Thundershock, Rock Smash

Hircine (Noctowl)
    Lv: 26
    Moves: Hypnosis, Fly, Mud-Slap, Flash

Malacath (Sudowoodo)
    Moves: Rock Throw, Dynamicpunch, Strength, Low Kick

Azura (to be caught)

Yesterday, I decided to just train my whole team to level 43 before taking on the league. I continued training in Victory Road and the nearby routes as before. That got most of my team members to lv. 43. I received a few more calls from trainers for rematches, too, so I went back to several areas to fight those trainers and get my remaining Pokemon to 43.

I also caught a Rhyhorn while in Victory Road.

Finally, once my training was done, I returned to Indigo Plateau. I healed my team and spent most of my money on healing items. Next time, I'll fight the Elite Four at last!
    >>// \\<<

Day... god knows how long. I'm still trying to catch Raikou. I've depleted my resources of balls, super repels, and money to buy said balls and repels. My roamer bait Jynx is still too slow to outspeed it, and my party's Jynx isn't helping as well.

I've resorted to beating the E4 again for some extra cash, and sure enough, I bought over 20 Ultra Balls and over 40 regular Repels just to hope i can catch it. My new plan is to level up my party's Jynx, Iustitia, so that she MIGHT outspeed it. Downside is, I can't use repels to Repel-trick Raikou, cuz Iustitia is level 54. She was level 53 when i last tried to Lovely Kiss Raikou, but now I hope it works.

After Raikou, I'd like to grind my main team to level 55, but at this rate, a little more has to be necessary. Then fight Red, then I make every pokemon i want to migrate forward the perfect nature, then I can go back to Moon and breed again. I miss my breeding. I hope I can catch Raikou before USUM comes out, which will likely happen if i had tons of time on my hands, but... I don't.

*sighs*
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

Shinies found, but could not obtain:

3 shiny hunted, 27 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Took on the Pokemon League tonight:

Will: My first battle wasn't too bad. The two Xatu were annoying because they used Confuse Ray on my Miltank & Ampharos after surviving their attacks, but Will's other Pokemon were easy.
    Koga: The easiest Elite Four fight for me. My Typhlosion was very useful, as was my Sandslash against Muk.
    Bruno: Not too hard. Politoed defeated his Hitmon trio. I switched out to Sandslash to take on Machamp since Politoed's HP was in the red zone, then kept Sandslash in to defeat Onix, too.
    Karen: This battle wasn't overly difficult, but Karen was definitely the hardest Elite Four member. It was her Houndoom of all things that gave me a little trouble (surprised it wasn't Umbreon and its Sand Attack) - it KOed both my Politoed and Dragonair with critical hit Crunches! That really made me mad. I sent in either Sandslash or Miltank to finish it off.

Finally, I fought Lance. I started with Ampharos and OHKOed Gyarados with ThunderPunch. Then, I switched over to Politoed, and faced the three Dragonite all in a row. Politoed was able to defeat all of them, despite being paralyzed by the first one.

Lance's Charizard was up next, and I switched to Sandslash since Politoed's HP was very low. Sandslash didn't fare so well, though, as it took a lot of damage from Flamethrower and then missed its Rock Slide attack. >_> I just decided to let Sandslash faint, so I used my next turn to heal up Politoed. In the end, Politoed defeated both Charizard and Aerodactyl.

With Lance defeated, I entered the Hall of Fame and watched the credits.

Team:

Level 43-45
    >>// \\<<

I was now at Kogane City, which was bustling with activity and had many places to visit. I got a Bicycle at a nearby shop, and I spent a few minutes riding around the metropolis. I stopped by the Game Corner, the Department Store, and the Kogane Tunnel before visiting the Radio Tower. I received the Radio Card expansion for my Pokegear as a prize for clearing the quiz inside, and I spoke with Gym Leader Akane. I wasn't in the mood to challenge the Kogane Gym right away however, so I spent nearly an hour to the south of the city training my team. Once my team was strong, I defeated the trainers at Akane's Gym before I challenged her to a battle.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223