Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Recent Happenings Thread

OK, so I didn't recount my ENTIRE Crystal run. But after the E4 is a good place to start, right? :P

I decided to name my team after Love Live characters this time. The team after beating the E4:

Kotori (Marowak) Lv40
    Ruby (Magneton) Lv41
    Yoshiko (Gengar) Lv41
    Honoka (Feraligatr) Lv43
    Chika (Arcanine) Lv40
    Nozomi (Shiny Jynx) Lv42

I didn't specifically try to match their personalities, but Yoshiko for Gengar was perfect, and there are 2 big reasons for naming Jynx Nozomi. Arcanine was almost named Maki instead, but I decided on Chika to make the team 3 Muse and 3 Aqours

Playing through the Kanto half is going to be on hold for quite some though, or at least take much longer than usual, as I plan on doing a few shiny hunts. First up? None other than Celebi. Following Celebi will be Extremespeed Dratini, and Suicune.
    I'm known by the name Magiclapras everywhere. So if you think you know me from somewhere... you probably do.
    Part time shiny hunter, former competitive battler, anime watcher, dragon empress and all around top bloke.

"The only true way to fail a shiny hunt is to give up on it" -Myself

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Lugia - Ultra Moon 8,000 SR's.
    Celebi - Crystal - 120 SR's

A few days ago, I continued on Crystal by heading up Routes 30 & 31. Along the way, I battled trainers to help level up my newly hatched Pokemon.

Eventually, I made it to Violet City. I looked around for a bit and then went over to the Ruins of Alph briefly. I completed the Kabuto sliding puzzle there before heading back to town.

Next, I went through Sprout Tower. It was pretty easy for the most part, since my Houndour and Mr. Mime had type advantages over all the Bellsprout there. The Hoothoot I had to fight took a few hits to take down, but they weren't too threatening. Once I defeated the elder, I received the Flash HM.

With that done, I trained against wild Pokemon for a while until most of my Pokemon were level 10. I didn't train Elekid to level 10 right then, since I was going to use it in the Violet Gym, which is where I headed next. The Gym was easy and Elekid was able to KO both of Falkner's Pokemon with Thunderpunch.

Crystal team:

All lv. 10
    >>// \\<<

With Delibird on board I flew to Goldenrod and began working my way up the Radio Tower taking on the various Rocket Grunts. Then I headed Underground to save the Director and returned to the tower to defeat Team Rocket for good. I returned to the Ice Path and made my way to Blackthorn City where I immediately headed south to do some training before my 8th gym battle. Clair wasn't too bad honestly. Steelix and Delibird took care of her 3 Dragonair while Dunsparce and Meganium took down the Smokescreen spamming Kingdra. I didn't receive my badge at that moment however but was instead forced to completely some trials behind the gym. I answered the questions and received the Rising Badge and the TM for Dragon Breath which I taught to Seadra. I also taught Seadra Waterfall and flew to Mt Mortar where I picked up some decent items along with a Dragon Scale.

After trading with Silver to evolve Seadra into Kingdra I returned to New Bark Town and surfed east into Kanto where I managed to defeat all the trainers along Route's 28 and 27 before heading into Victory Road. It didn't take long to make it to the end and defeat my rival but before moving on I decided to train my team to lv41 before finally heading off to the Pokemon League.

Something odd I realized is that none of my Pokemon can learn the elemental punches. Even though I wish Delibird could learn Ice Punch...
    Current Yellow Team

Badges: 4

Team consists of Oddish, Wooper, & Quilava.

Just beat Bugsy. Only Scyther gave any me any trouble but that was because I was fooling around with Wooper's slam missing and fury cutter got too strong. Fortunately Quilava made quick work with a couple embers. About to go through Ilex Forest but I managed to catch Paras & Psyduck. Two pokemon that I can use as hm users for everything other than surf & fly (Which I always use on in-game team members); plus, together these 2 can use headbutt, rock smash, and sweet scent if I want to use those.

Back at the Violet Pokemon Center, I received the Togepi egg from one of Prof. Elm's assistants. I stored it in the PC, though, since I'm not really interested in hatching it right now.

After that, I went down to Route 32. I did some training there and caught a Bellsprout, which I'll probably use as a Cut HM slave later. I then healed at the Route 32 Pokemon Center before heading into Union Cave.

Going through Union Cave wasn't so bad. I encountered a ton of wild Pokemon, which I didn't mind since defeating them helped level up my team. I found the exit after a while, stepping out onto Route 33.

Finally, I reached Azalea Town.
    >>// \\<<

I was trying to hatch the shinies from the odd egg but I accidentally messed up the cloning glitch and quit too late; stopping the chain. Debating on whether I should start over the file.
    Why is the timing so precise AND so close to the point of no return for cloning on Crystal compared to G/S... :/

I had postponed my previous Gold version playthrough, but now I'm back to finish it. Since playing last time, I'd arrived at the Lake of Rage and saw the Red Gyarados in the water, which had caused an uproar due to its strange color. I captured it after weakening it with my Mokoko, then I spoke with Wataru at the lake shore. When the introductions were complete, I was asked to aide Wataru in investigating that suspicious shop in Chouji Town. I went south and saw Wataru uncover the secret entrance to the Rocket-dan's HQ inside the store, and I followed him inside. I set off some alarms however, which caused me to become ambushed by several agitated Rocket-dan grunts. I defeated as many as I could before proceeding to the HQ's next floor.

I talked to several people around Azalea Town and then stocked up on items at the mart. Before heading to the Slowpoke Well, though, I returned to Route 33 & Union Cave to do some more training. Most of my team was level 12, but my Houndour & Mr. Mime were still level 10-11, so I wanted them to catch up. So, I defeated some wild Pokemon until both of them were level 12 like my other Pokemon.

After that, I went into the well. I battled several Team Rocket members, defeating them with Totodile (who grew to level 13 and finally learned Water Gun) and Swinub. Once Team Rocket was dealt with, the Slowpoke were saved and I returned to Azalea.

Next time, I'll go to the Azalea Gym.
    >>// \\<<

I did a lot since my last post.
    I beat all the trainers on Route 44 and got Wilton's phone numbers. I went threw the Ice Caves and got out the other side to Blackhorn City. I went right in the gym. I took on all the trainers and beat them. Clair put up a good fight. My Sandslash and Horsea took care of the two Dragonairs. I send out Chikorita for Kingdra, I healed 2 or 3 times with Hyper Potions. I kept using Razor Leaf and it did good amount of damage, I think I used it 4 times before Kingdra fainted. Clair wouldn't let me have the badge until I get the Dragon Fang. I surf and went in the Dragon Den to retrieve the fang. She gave the badge to me and TM24. When I left the Dragon Den, I got a phone call from Prof. Elm. So I went down to Route 45 and 46. battled all the trainers, got all the items, and got the Masterball from Prof. Elm. I Surf to Route 27 and battled all the trainers, but the one you have to use whirlpool to get to. Grab the items as I go. When I got to Route 26, I really need to heal my pokemon. Lucky there's a house to heal, I didn't want to go all the way back to Prof. Elm lab to heal. I made my way up to the Pokémon League Gate. The guard look at my badges and said I'm good to go. There was nothing in Victory Road except items. When I made it all the way to the end, my Rival wanted to battle me. She was easy to beat. I healed my pokemon and the training begins. I want them to be at level 45 and they were only on level 42-43. I trained in Victory Road and battle the trainer I missed on Route 27, I battled the trainer with my Horsea. After a couple days of training, my pokemon where on level 45 and ready for the Elite Four.
    Current VC Gold Team:

Badges: 8
    Recent Shiny: VC Gold, 96 Eggs
    Currently Hunting: Sapphire2,800 SR Emerald 3,525 SR

Today, I went to the Azalea Gym. I defeated the trainers using my Houndour & Murkrow, then challenged Bugsy. My Houndour took down Metapod & Kakuna by itself, but I switched to Murkrow for Scyther since Houndour got poisoned by Kakuna's Poison Sting. Murkrow used Flying moves until Scyther fainted.

On my way out of Azalea Town, I had to fight my rival. I used Mr. Mime against his Gastly and Zubat. For Bayleef, I switched to Houndour and spammed Ember.

Finally, I headed into the Ilex Forest.

Team:

Lv. 12-15
    >>// \\<<

it's been a bit since I posted here :o

Pokémon Yellow

pokédex: 20/151

current location: Vermillion City
    update: I added Oddish to my team and trained up a bit before challenging Misty and winning. From there, I did the Team Rocket thing at the burgled house, then came right down to Vermillion. I've stationed myself here for a bit to train more and build up my team. I'm not sure who I'm going to use against the gym, but I think my Gloom is here to stay because I'm loving her right now.
    captures: Diglett (Diglett's Cave), Drowzee (Route 11)
    evolutions: Oddish → Gloom
    Mimicked Circularity
    coming soon

I purchased Pocket Monsters Aka and Pocket Monsters Kin, rounding out the rest of my collection of VC titles (all... seven of them). I had planned to use Red to exploit glitches for kicks, but I had a change of heart at the last minute. I chose Charmander and decided to hunt the rarest captures in each area. The result was the realization that my only hope of beating Brock would be to use a Butterfree with Confusion. With Caterpie being exceedingly rare in Red, it worked out. I managed to find a Pikachu long beforehand.

Heck, I even found Clefairy super quickly in Mt. Moon, faster than I was able to find Jigglypuff on Route 3. I also caught a Paras. I'm currently right outside Cerulean.

I haven't done much in Gold yet. I performed the Starters Glitch because I wanted to try running the game with all three, possibly in the form of a Nuzlocke. I still have yet to finish my Ao Nuzlocke, though...

Aka (Red) -
    Midori (Green) -
    Ao (Blue) -
    Pikachu (Yellow) -
    Kin (Gold) -
    Gin (Silver) - *
    Crystal -

Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
    UPN | BGf
    =Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
    Friend Safari [NORMAL] Dunsparce, Kecleon, Eevee
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    Sun - コウライ | Moon - ひょうりん
    Ultra Sun - カイキ | Ultra Moon - ふくえん
    I have claimed Silvally, Touken Ranbu (PC), and Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku BASARA series)
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

I went through the Ilex Forest last night. I received the Cut HM after getting the missing Farfetch'd to go back to its owner, and taught it to the Bellsprout I caught earlier. The rest of the forest wasn't too bad, though I got slowed down by a million wild encounters. I wanted to fight the wild Pokemon, though, for the experience.

Then, I made it to Route 34. I battled a couple of trainers there last night, but didn't have time to explore the whole route. I continued exploring this afternoon and defeated the remaining trainers.

Next, I entered Goldenrod City. I haven't done too much there yet, but I did make sure to get the Bicycle. After that, I just returned to Route 34 for a while and defeated Pokemon until my whole team was level 15.
    >>// \\<<

I decided a while back to restart my pokemon red, and I'm getting back into it. I currently have 3 badges, and my tea is: venusaur, fearow, golem, arcanine, vaporeon. My venusaur, fearow, and golem are at level 34, and my arcanine and vaporeon are at level 28. After I made it to Celadon, I brought my newly caught arcanine (evolved it as soon as growlithe learned ember) to diglett's cave, alongside vaporeon, for some grinding. I want those two at 30, then I'll go through the gym and team rockets base.
    FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'm looking for someone with Kanto Tent 5 stars in their festival plaza. Please message me if you do, I'd like to get that in mine. I can trade you a little something in return.

So uh, i'm currently trying to complete the Pokémon Red Pokédex as far as possible without trading. Of course I used glitches to get myself insane amounts of the usual suspects, but it still kinda is tedious to get them in order, as ordening boxes was a pain back in Gen 1. Oh well, at least I surpassed #100 after just 11 hours. It's really not a long game, I could semi-speedrun my way through the game in just under 5 hours.

Team (for what it's worth):
    Mew, Level 64, all essential HMs
    And that's it aside from the ones I wanna train (or spam Rare Candies on).

No doubt about it.

Looked around Goldenrod today. First, I went to the department store, where I sold some items to make room in my bag. I bought a few extra Super Potions, too. Next, I briefly visited the Game Corner, then went to the underground area. I found a Coin Case there, and defeated several trainers.

After that, I checked out the Radio Tower for a bit and then went to the remaining buildings in town. Once that was done, I headed north to get some training done before the Goldenrod Gym. I battled everyone at the National Park and on the routes leading to the Sudowoodo blocking the way.

Now, my Pokemon are all level 17. I might level them up a bit more next time before going to the Gym, though.
    >>// \\<<

I explored some more of the Rocket-dan's HQ underneath the shop in Chouji Town, and I was tasked by Wataru to uncover the password that would unlock a set of doors. I had to spend a long time defeating Rocket-dan grunts, which was a good method for training my team at least. When I found a Yamikarasu inside one of the rooms, I was given the password and now Wataru and I defeated the last remaining Rocket-dan members before entering the HQ's power supply room. I defeated some Marumine, which caused the building to run out of energy, thereby ending the strange broadcast. With that settled, I attained the Whirlpool Secret Machine. I went to the Chouji Gym now so that I could win my seventh Badge.

I did a little more training in the National Park. My entire team reached level 18. Totodile finally evolved into Croconaw as well.

Next, I headed over to the Goldenrod Gym. After defeating all of the regular trainers, I fought Whitney. Her Clefairy went down to my Murkrow after a couple of hits. For Miltank, I worked on getting it paralyzed, useful since it was faster than everything on my team. My Swinub hit Miltank with 3 Body Slams, but never got the paralysis. I switched to a sacrifice after Rollout got out of control, then went to Mr. Mime. My Mr. Mime's Thunderpunch paralyzed Miltank, which then made it possible for Mr. Mime to win after using several Confusions.

With my 3rd badge obtained, I returned to the Goldenrod Pokemon Center, healed, and saved.

Team:

All lv. 18
    >>// \\<<

Ok so I've been really bad about posting here.

I ended up beating the Pokemon League in uneventful fashion. Returned to Kanto on a boat and defeated all 8 gym leaders and beat the trainers around the region. Defeated the Pokemon League a few times during that process to help level up for the final fight. I headed to Mt. Silver and challenged Red which I lost because his Blastoise can OHKO my Meganium aka the only thing good against Water on my team. I took on the Elite 4 again and used up my Rare Candies and tried Red once again. Steelix took care of Pikachu and Houndoom defeated Espeon with Crunch. For Blastoise I had Dunsparce use Glare to paralyze it and then Meganium use Razor Leaf non stop until it went down. Houndoom's Flamethrower defeated Venusaur and Kingdra Surf'd through Charizard. Steelix returned to the fight against Snorlax and used Iron Tail to lower its defense before finishing it off with Earthquake. I still need to catch Celebi but I think this is the last post for this playthrough.

Lv55
    Lv55
    Lv52
    Lv53
    Lv53
    Lv54

Dunsparce was probably the weakest team member although Delibird would have held that title prior to learning Ice Beam. I'm still glad I used them and I really enjoyed this playthrough even though I feel the game slows down once you arrive in Kanto. And just because I am done with Crystal doesn't mean I am done posting in this thread...
    Current Yellow Team

I got the SquirtBottle at the Goldenrod flower shop and then went to the Sudowoodo on Route 36. I battled it, weakening it down with Croconaw. After a few Poke Balls, Sudowoodo was caught.

Next, I continued on until entering Ecruteak City. I went to the dance theater, where I fought the Kimono Girls. They were easier than I'd expected, mostly because I was good at guessing which one used which Eeveelution. Once they were all defeated, I received the Surf HM and taught it to Croconaw.

I then went to the Burned Tower. I talked to Eusine and Morty there before running into my rival again. I had to battle him, and used quite a few of my team members to beat him. Wasn't too bad overall, though his Zubat's Confuse Ray was a little annoying. Finally, I fell into the basement, where I released the Entei/Raikou/Suicune trio.
    >>// \\<<

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't care that much for the Kanto section of Crystal but I had an urge to play Gen 1 again so I loaded up Yellow and began a new adventure. I feel like I always use the 3 starters every time I playthrough Yellow so I will be avoiding them this time.

After Professor Oak saved me and then gave me a wild Pikachu I did something I have never done before in Yellow.....I lost to Gary. Intentionally I swear! He always uses Jolteon so I wanted to mix his team up a bit. We walked to Viridian City and picked up Oak's Parcel for the lazy bum. After the delivery I bought some Poke Balls and spent a surprising amount of time looking for a Spearow which I eventually captured and added to the team. I worked my way through the Viridian Forest and arrived in Pewter City where I quickly headed to the gym. Brock wasn't too tough but it was a long battle of spamming Leer and Tail Whip before whittling down both Onix and Geodude with Peck and Quick Attack. After the battle I headed to Route 3 and caught a Sandshrew for the team which proved tiresome to train up.

Traversing Mt. Moon was a very slow process. Basically I would fight 1-2 trainers and have to go heal. Rinse and repeat. I did pick up the Dome Fossil for no real reason and also managed to beat Team Rocket. Unfortunately my 3 main team members were all poisoned and didn't make it to Cerulean City. Fortunately a Clefairy I found was in my party so I didn't have to make the trek again. I healed up in Cerulean City and headed north on the Nugget Bridge where I defeated Gary once again. I cleared out the bridge and headed into the grass to catch my fourth team member, an Oddish. However my first encounter was Venonat and which I didn't even know you could catch this early. After a little pondering I decided to go with Venonat as my fourth team member and took a break after the capture.
    Current Yellow Team

Today, I trained my team some more in preparation for the next Gym. I defeated the regular trainers in the Ecruteak Gym as part of my training, but other than that I fought wild Pokemon. While training in part of the Mt. Mortar cave, I caught a Marill.

Once my entire team reached level 20+, I returned to the Ecruteak Gym and fought Morty. My Mr. Mime's Confusion hit hard and easily took down Gastly and a Haunter. However, it couldn't survive Gengar's Shadow Ball. Fortunately, my Swinub, which had Earthquake bred onto it, was able to deal with Morty's final two Pokemon.

So now, I'm up to four badges.

Team:

Lv. 20-23
    >>// \\<<

Pokémon Yellow

current location: Route 9
    update: Yesterday I had some free time, so I finally went through and battled everyone on the S.S. Anne, defeated my rival, and got HM01. It was a fun time! My team is actually leveling quite nicely. Both Mankey and Drowzee are Pokémon I've never really used before, but they are turning out to be nice choices. I taught Mankey Dig and it ended up defeating Lt. Surge's Raichu all by itself. After that battle I went and got my bike with the voucher and started to make my way into Route 9. For now, Diglett has joined the team because he was taught Cut, but I am looking to replace him eventually with a Water-type, probably.
    captures: none
    evolutions: none
    Mimicked Circularity
    coming soon

Left Ecruteak City tonight and went to explore Routes 38 & 39. On those routes, I got some training done and caught a Meowth.

Then, I entered Olivine City and started looking around. I received the Strength HM and then wandered out to Route 40. I checked out the Battle Tower, too, but I haven't done any battling there yet.

Back in town, I went to the lighthouse. On my way to the top, I battled quite a few trainers, which allowed my Houndour to evolve into Houndoom! At the top, I spoke to Jasmine and heard about how the sick Ampharos needs medicine from Cianwood.

Team:

Lv. 22-24
    >>// \\<<

Pokémon Yellow

current location: Lavender Town
    update: I spent most of last night and this morning going through the cave down into Lavender. I had no idea where I was going but I managed to figure it out. During all of the trainer battles, my Drowzee evolved! It's so nice starting to have a team that is stronger and more filled out. For most of the time playing so far it's still felt like I'm not set on a solid group of Pokémon. After he evolved, I spent the time to train my Gloom as well because she has been the strongest on my team for a while now and I wanted to take advantage of all of the Hikers I was battling. I immediately went over to Celadon after making it to Lavender so I could get a Leaf Stone and evolve her, and now I've got a magnificent Vileplume leading my team! We're going to tackle Pokémon Tower once I have more time to play.
    captures: none
    evolutions: Drowzee -> Hypno, Gloom -> Vileplume
    Mimicked Circularity
    coming soon

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast