View Poll Results: armaldo or aggron??

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • armaldo

    8 50.00%
  • aggron

    8 50.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 93 of 93

Thread: 3rd Gen Help Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    My team on Emerald is currently Pelliper, Weezing, Ryhorn, Pikachu, Breloom, and Torkoal.
    I'm currently thinking about replacing:
    -Weezing with Girafarig
    -Pikachu with Manectric.
    What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Team on Pokemon Emerald Cartridge:
    Team on Pokemon Blue Cartridge:

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default What is the best Electric type pokemon?

    what electric pokemon is the best in gen three? I am currently using a raichu, but I'm not sure if it is my best option. Any help would be appreciated.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Made this account to ask one question. Does anyone have information regarding the Firered and Leafgreen hidden item tomfoolery? If there is a better place to post this let me know.

    I am really desperate to get some information here. Basically, and I don't know if this happens anywhere else, but in mt. moon and both underground paths, there are supposed to be hidden items, but they don't actually appear until after something. I think it's supposed to be the vs. seeker for the mt. moon ones and then S.S. Ann for the NS underground tunnel and then Rocket game corner for the EW one. If this happens anywhere else I have no clue. But I'm just ooking for informaion to better pinpoint when this happens and, well, anything else I can find out about this.

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gold55803 View Post
    what electric pokemon is the best in gen three? I am currently using a raichu, but I'm not sure if it is my best option. Any help would be appreciated.
    Pikachu with Light Ball is very potent, and Jolteon is notable as being one of the fastest pokemon in the game. Raikou is probably similar to Jolteon, but I haven't looked into it in depth to be able to say. Magneton is incredibly tanky, and a great choice imo. I really want to recommend volt absorb Lanturn, but I don't think I can, since its stats are so low. It's a great pokemon, just not very versatile. I keep trying to fit it into my battle tower team, but can't because it gets wrecked by the earthquake Skarmory that it ought to be able to be a counter for.

    Quote Originally Posted by loumast View Post
    Made this account to ask one question. Does anyone have information regarding the Firered and Leafgreen hidden item tomfoolery? If there is a better place to post this let me know.

    I am really desperate to get some information here. Basically, and I don't know if this happens anywhere else, but in mt. moon and both underground paths, there are supposed to be hidden items, but they don't actually appear until after something. I think it's supposed to be the vs. seeker for the mt. moon ones and then S.S. Ann for the NS underground tunnel and then Rocket game corner for the EW one. If this happens anywhere else I have no clue. But I'm just ooking for informaion to better pinpoint when this happens and, well, anything else I can find out about this.
    That's really interesting, I've never heard of this before! I would have assumed that the triggers would be gaining the itemfinder, unlocking the island trade machine, or getting the island SS Anne ticket. I'll have to look into it.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The United States
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Is shiny hunting by buying pokemon from the Game Corner a separate method with different odds? Or is it just another method of full odds hunting?
    Latest Shiny: (Pokemon Sun, 1/2/2017, 27 SOS Calls)

    Current Hunt: none

    On hold: (Pokemon HeartGold Badge Quest, 600 SRs)

  6. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jginz1 View Post
    Is shiny hunting by buying pokemon from the Game Corner a separate method with different odds? Or is it just another method of full odds hunting?
    Regular odds; the shininess of pokemon is calculated the same way across all pokemon in gen3.
    ADV team:
    Looking to purchase a copy of Emerald.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I have a quick question about Gen 3 Shiny hunting

    I know that in R/S/E, the internal clock going dead affects shiny hunting and allows easy RNG manipulation.
    Does that also happen to FR/LG? Or can you shiny hunt like you would any other game?
    Click to see my Shiny Card!

    Thanks to Cpchris for the template!

    Current Hunts: - FR - Platinum

  8. #83

    Default

    Fire Red and Leaf Green had no internal clock to begin with.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Fire Red and Leaf Green had no internal clock to begin with.
    I assumed that was the case, I just wanted to make sure before I started hunting
    Thanks!


    So my FireRed cartridge has a weird audio glitch to it. Whenever I save, half of the sound cuts out until the next time I turn the system off. So things like certain sound effects will be barely audible and the music will be slightly distorted, but it doesn't seem to affect the gameplay at all. As far as I know, this is the same cartridge I've had since I was a kid, so maybe it has something to do with age? Is this kind of glitch common on FR/LG cartridges?

    Here's a video of the glitch:

    If anything, it gives me a cool little mini-remix when I get tired of the music (which isn't often but hey)
    Last edited by BurgundyKat; 16th February 2017 at 3:16 AM.
    Click to see my Shiny Card!

    Thanks to Cpchris for the template!

    Current Hunts: - FR - Platinum

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyKat View Post
    So my FireRed cartridge has a weird audio glitch to it.
    You sure it's the cart and not the system hardware? Do you have an SP or GBA you could test it on, or other carts to test on your DS? I would try my FR on my DS, but the sound on my DS is entirely kaput.
    ADV team:
    Looking to purchase a copy of Emerald.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by genwinner View Post
    You sure it's the cart and not the system hardware? Do you have an SP or GBA you could test it on, or other carts to test on your DS? I would try my FR on my DS, but the sound on my DS is entirely kaput.
    I've played this one on both a GBA SP and a GameCube using the GBA Adapter, and the same thing happened on both.
    And this only happes with my FR
    Click to see my Shiny Card!

    Thanks to Cpchris for the template!

    Current Hunts: - FR - Platinum

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default LeafGreen Nuzlocke advice - Dream Eater

    Hello, new here, and would like some advice for my current Nuz run of LG. I'm only just past Surge now, but I'm thinking ahead and wondering: when I get Dream Eater, should I give it to my Hypno, Moe? Or my Butterfree, Sable?

    On one hand, Moe will get STAB, while Sable won't, and there also seems to be a consensus that the early game Bugs are usually not very viable at high levels.

    ON THE OTHER HAND, Sable has sleep powder, which has higher accuracy then the somewhat unreliable hypnosis, and on a Nuz run I think I need to be able to rely on that. Also, while people say Bugs aren't viable at high level, I can verify from experience that that has nuggets of dishonesty to it, as I have mained Butterfree through the Elite Four in the past.

    So... damage or accuracy? What's my play here?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I honestly don't like using Dream eater in the main game. Sure Sleep Power is good but I find it have better attacks. I recommend just getting Physic over it, Hypno I believe learns it on it's own and Butterfree Learn it via TM. Butterfree is decent just not the greatest competitively wise.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    71

    Default

    The accuracy of Sleep Powder would be bettr if you have limited options. It is much safer and doesnt waste turns. You could try other options, like Psychic, or you could use Psychic on Hypno and Dream Eater on Butterfree. If you want to use that move. That could be effective.
    { We keep praying and looking to the skies }

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    12

    Default Trading from FireRed to Ruby?

    So I've recently acquired a copy of FireRed and wished to transfer some of the better Pokémon over to Ruby

    I get that there's stuff that needs to be done with FireRed to make this possible- finishing the main game (defeating the Elite Four) and getting the Ruby and Sapphire for Celio and so on- all that's done but I still can't seem to trade

    When I connect the two games and set up a trade at the Pokémon Center 2nd floor it just sticks on the loading after the save- if I cancel nothing unusual happens but I just can't seem to get past that bit

    Both games are definitely not bootleg, but the connecting wire might be- could that be the reason?
    Also I haven't yet beaten the Elite Four in Ruby- does that matter?





    My Friend Code on Black 2: 4127 2896 6768
    Name: Shivu

    One for you, one for you, one for you and one for 'Chu.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shivu View Post
    So I've recently acquired a copy of FireRed and wished to transfer some of the better Pokémon over to Ruby

    I get that there's stuff that needs to be done with FireRed to make this possible- finishing the main game (defeating the Elite Four) and getting the Ruby and Sapphire for Celio and so on- all that's done but I still can't seem to trade

    When I connect the two games and set up a trade at the Pokémon Center 2nd floor it just sticks on the loading after the save- if I cancel nothing unusual happens but I just can't seem to get past that bit

    Both games are definitely not bootleg, but the connecting wire might be- could that be the reason?
    Also I haven't yet beaten the Elite Four in Ruby- does that matter?
    I honestly don't know much about bootleg link cables, so I can't say anything other than "maybe" on that one.
    Aside from that, other possible issues I can think of would be:
    -Are you sure you're using a GBA link cable?
    -Is the cable in good condition, no rips, tears, etc.?

    Whether you've defeated the Elite Four or not on Ruby doesn't matter (I've traded between a new Sapphire save and FRLG lots of times). Ruby & Sapphire's trading restrictions are not as strict as the ones for Emerald & FRLG.
    ~ * * ~

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I honestly don't know much about bootleg link cables, so I can't say anything other than "maybe" on that one.
    Aside from that, other possible issues I can think of would be:
    -Are you sure you're using a GBA link cable?
    -Is the cable in good condition, no rips, tears, etc.?

    Whether you've defeated the Elite Four or not on Ruby doesn't matter (I've traded between a new Sapphire save and FRLG lots of times). Ruby & Sapphire's trading restrictions are not as strict as the ones for Emerald & FRLG.
    That's okay ^w^
    The cable itself is in good condition but it has been in my drawer for some time (maybe 5 or 6 years) and I can't remember if I've ever actually used it before to connect two games XD
    It's a possibility it's up and died without me knowing about it lol

    Ah, I didn't know that about Ruby! With the restrictions on FRLG I assumed it would be the same for RSE





    My Friend Code on Black 2: 4127 2896 6768
    Name: Shivu

    One for you, one for you, one for you and one for 'Chu.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shivu View Post
    So I've recently acquired a copy of FireRed and wished to transfer some of the better Pokémon over to Ruby

    I get that there's stuff that needs to be done with FireRed to make this possible- finishing the main game (defeating the Elite Four) and getting the Ruby and Sapphire for Celio and so on- all that's done but I still can't seem to trade

    When I connect the two games and set up a trade at the Pokémon Center 2nd floor it just sticks on the loading after the save- if I cancel nothing unusual happens but I just can't seem to get past that bit

    Both games are definitely not bootleg, but the connecting wire might be- could that be the reason?
    Also I haven't yet beaten the Elite Four in Ruby- does that matter?
    1st make absolutely sure that You got teh Ruby and Sapphire in Fire Red/Leaf Green.
    2ed you need to Nantial Dex (after E4, in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald).

    if you've done both it should work. If it does then it might be the cable that is the issue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •