17. You may not vote on this poll
  • armaldo

8 47.06%
  • aggron

9 52.94%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 3rd Gen Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    There is an element of luck/randomness to getting rematches, but I've found that walking around a lot on the same route as the trainer helps trigger rematches.

If you just want to Sketch a move, you could fight Gabby & Ty, since they're always a Double Battle and you don't have to wait for a rematch like with other trainers.
    haha, i must be really tired i have no idea how i completely forgot about gabby and ty

Default Best FireRed postgame grinding?

I'm trying to grind up my postgame pokemon to take another swing at the Elite Four and get some of my pokemon evolved. Where is the best place to do it? Back in the day it was Cerulean Cave (which is where I am), but I wanted to check if there were better spots in FireRed.
    Pokemon FireRed Team: Blastoise, Parasect, Graveller, Pidgeot, Arbok, Primeape
    Pokemon Black Team: Embroar, Krookodile, Swanna, Beheeyem, Vanilluxe, Magnezone
    Pokemon Platinum Team (current): Grotle, Kricketune, Onix, Magikarp, Zubat

Uh, I think Cerulean Cave's still the best spot for that.

If you ever get bored with Cerulean Cave, there's also the option of rematching trainers with the VS Seeker. You can find some trainers that get to the level 50s and the money from trainer fights is always nice.
    When I play through FRLG, I often rematch people in the Sevii Islands, especially in the later areas like Sevault Canyon. It's always worked well for me.
    >>// \\<<

If you ever get bored with Cerulean Cave
    God yes.

there's also the option of rematching trainers with the VS Seeker. You can find some trainers that get to the level 50s and the money from trainer fights is always nice.
    When I play through FRLG, I often rematch people in the Sevii Islands, especially in the later areas like Sevault Canyon. It's always worked well for me.
    Thanks! It's been a while since I've played and I've forgotten most of the features that FireRed introduced into the game
    Pokemon FireRed Team: Blastoise, Parasect, Graveller, Pidgeot, Arbok, Primeape
    Pokemon Black Team: Embroar, Krookodile, Swanna, Beheeyem, Vanilluxe, Magnezone
    Pokemon Platinum Team (current): Grotle, Kricketune, Onix, Magikarp, Zubat

The trainer on Savii Island are aroung50-60 after E4. One the frist island on your way to Mt. Ember you come across a get of Black belts, fighter trainers. Any good Special attack can wipe them out, or just use a ghost type (with Exp Share), not a single one has any but fighting and Normal type moves. Great place to grind! Even if you don't have neither as long as your Pokemon a are around the 60's they should be OK (As long as they are not weak to fighting other wise Exp share is better for them).

Hello!
    Silly question here, in Leaf green when using random encounters for shiny pokemon (say I went through 45 or so before needing to heal), can you leave the area to restore PP at a pokemon center and then go back and keep the encounters? So will it still be back with 45 RE, or do I need to restart? :c

Please let me know asap!
    Currently Playing Pokemon Sun & Replaying Platinum
    FRIEND CODE: 4098-7253-5272

Shinys so far: ;541;

Quote Originally Posted by Winona View Post
    Hello!
    Silly question here, in Leaf green when using random encounters for shiny pokemon (say I went through 45 or so before needing to heal), can you leave the area to restore PP at a pokemon center and then go back and keep the encounters? So will it still be back with 45 RE, or do I need to restart? :c

Please let me know asap!
    I believe that you are to continue counting, Random Encounter is basicly that.

There is a thread about Shiny Hunting here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...l-Shiny-Thread

Serebii's Pokedex says that Pidgeotto can be encountered on a bunch of early routes in leafgreen, is this true? I ask because I've encountered an underleveled level 5 Pidgeotto on route 1 in leafgreen before, but couldn't catch it because it was the first trip through the route before you can capture any pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by A Decepticon View Post
    Serebii's Pokedex says that Pidgeotto can be encountered on a bunch of early routes in leafgreen, is this true? I ask because I've encountered an underleveled level 5 Pidgeotto on route 1 in leafgreen before, but couldn't catch it because it was the first trip through the route before you can capture any pokemon
    As I said in your thread, it is NOT true. There is an error on that Serebii Pokedex page. The only Pokemon found on Route 1 in FRLG are Pidgey and Rattata.
    If you encountered a Pidgeotto there, then you're misremembering what happened (or possibly playing a bootleg or hacked game that changed the encounters). But fact is, here are no Pidgeotto on Route 1 in any legit copy of LeafGreen.
    >>// \\<<

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345