Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Gen 6 Pokemon

Talonflame-absolute favorite.Because they finally made a peregrine falcon pokemon,wich is my favorite animal.And just how I wanted it to be: Fire/Flying.And its HA is amazing.

Malamar-great design,typing and ability.Love that it's evil.

Dragalge-been waiting a long time for a pokemon based on the leafy sea dragon...and they didn't disappoint.

Phantump
    -too cute

Mega Diancie
    -Beautiful

Xerneas and Yveltal
    -both are equally amazing in terms of design

It's definitely a hard choice. I've had to pick six.

Frogadier: I like it over Greninja, and that has nothing to do with a tongue.
    Blue Flower Floette: Love the design and the blue of the flower, everything you expected when the Fairy-type was announced.
    Honedge: I like the slick design. Would've worked well in DPt.
    Dragalge: Everything that Kingdra is not in terms of design.
    Tyrantrum: I've seen Tyrantrum in the animé, it's all I ever wanted.
    Phantump: Should've been in the games as early as Ilex Forest in G/S, it's THAT good.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

1. Noivern is definitely up there. What a cool Pokémon; I'm surprised they hadn't mixed a bat and a wyvern together before. My only hang-up is that it and Gliscor look similar, making it kind of weird to use them both at the same time (even though I really want to).

2. Pumpkaboo. Holy crap, I'm in love with this Pokémon. I like to see it as a cat inside a pumpkin, which makes it the most adorable thing to be ever. I also just defeated the E4 with an Eviolite Pumpkaboo (I think it was Average or Large-sized) on my team, and I was surprised at how well he did.
    I wish it didn't evolve into Gougeist which, by comparison, of one of the ugliest Pokémon I can imagine.

3. Talonflame, while having a dumb-sounding name, is a wonderful breath of fresh air for regional birds. And it's b.a.! Talonflame and Staraptor are the two birds I've felt inclined to use for the E4 and post-game, and they do not disappoint.

4. Hoopa. I feel like this is the perfect Pokémon for storytelling in the Pokémon World. Hoopa can be used to explain any inconsistency in Pokémon habitat or character appearances. All the while, its alternate form is probably the most terrifying Pokémon I've ever seen. Bravo, creators.

5. Chesnaught: I like Pokémon that are bulky enough to take hits and dish them back. Especially when they're Grass type, and especially when they're starters. I loved Torterra and I love Chesnaught.
    Last edited by Grei; 14th September 2015 at 11:18 PM.

Kalos is the region that introduced the least amount of new Pokemon, ironically it's the region I've found many favorites!

The Chesipin line, with Chesnaught be my most preferred. And I want to mention Pangoro now as well because I like these two, as daunting and bulky, all of the Pokemon that are actually kind and protective.

Greninja and Delphox are good, despite knowing I prefer Chesnaught they are still worthy.

Vivillon, all of the patterns it can take are very lovely, there's also so many.

Pyroar is a majestic Pokemon, the mane is creative and suave.

Gogoat and Skiddo, They are fun to ride as well.

Pancham, it's incredibly cute but puts on this tough act, which actually just makes it even more adorable.

Tyrantrum, Dinosaurs have always been intriguing. Aurorus is great too.

Sylveon an incredibly cute and pink pokemon! With ribbons! But since Eevee's gender is male dominant, Sylveon is likely to be male as well and that's perfect, it breaks stereotypes.

Goodra, this is a unique Dragon type.

Trevenant and Phantump. I like the Haloween vibe they give, Haloween is a nice day.

Xerneas, Yveltal & Zygarde. These legendary pokemon are extremely likable and I enjoy their lore and stories.

Diancie, Mega Diancie is so elegnt and beautiful. I love it.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Fennekin line: I love the Pokemon foxes. I prefer Fennekin and Braixen to Delphox though

Froakie line: The best Water starter so far imo.

Noivern and Goomy lines: Dragons are my favorite type and their designs are perfect

Hawlucha: I must admit, my love for it is because of Ash's.

Pancham: I'm been hoping for a panda Pokemon for years and was so happy we finally got one

My most favorite Pokémon right now is Greninja. I find its design really cool and love how it plays in Smash (like a true ninja!)

Other favorites: Noivern (excellent quality design), Goomy (so cute!), Honedge (a Pokémon that can also double as a sword? Count me in) and the XYZ legends, along with Diancie and Hoopa.

Besides the starters, I really like Dedenne, Inkay/Malamar, & Goodra.

The 6th gen batch of Pokemon is good, generally speaking. As such, I have a few favorites! I don't know, however, if I can say that it's better than some of the other generations.

Inkay - I didn't really pay much attention to Inkay when 6th gen was first introduced. But when I actually played Pokemon X, I fell in love with it.

Greninja - One of the best final-evolution starter.

Goodra - It reminds me of Dragonite in terms of characteristics. Goes against the fierce and menacing token dragon Pokemon of each region.

I tend to side with my favored started, so Greninja is my answer. It has great special attack and speed, as well as Protean to make it a monster.

I am also a fan of Tyrantrum, Florges, Goodra, and Noivern.

If one were to count mega evolutions, I'd say Mega Blaziken.

Dragalge-it is elegant yet somewhat creepy,I also like its typing and Adaptibility.
    Sylveon-it is adorable and has good coverage between Fairy moves and Shadow Ball.
    Talonflame-the only fully evolved regional bird that is not part Normal.
    Heliolisk-has a great design and pretty versatile movepool.Love its ability to learn Surf.
    Hawlucha-like its unique typing and cool design.
    Other Kalos Pokemon I like are Greninja,Klefki,Xerneas,and Yveltal.

Zygarde: It's new forms really has pushed it to the top of pokemon I really love from gen 6. 10% looks super slick, while 100% is just pure badass, and I cant wait to see how it's plays out in the games.

Klefki: hilariously troll in compettive, great unique design, and a super useful/interesting typing.

Phantump: super cute, and has a typing Ive been waiting for since gen 2. Really longing to see it in the anime.

My second favorite is Klefki, and favorite is Aegislash. You know why my favorite is Aegislash, so you're probably wondering about Klefki. Well, I didn't think it was much. It was just a filler mon until I'd get my sixth team member. However it proved useful time and time again, and its typing was a boon. I even like its design
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

1. Greninja: Sleek, fast, and badass design; tongue scarf is cool and Protean is OP

2. Yveltal: Love its design and red/black color scheme, as well as its Dark/Flying typing

3. Tyrunt: Badass adorable

4. Talonflame: Offensive monster and one of my favorite birds

5. Noivern: One of the coolest looking Pokemon

6. Pangoro: Giant Panda. Nuff said

7. Pyror: Glorious lion

8. Braixen: Imagine her weaving rapidly through combat and blasting spells from her wand; definitely prefer her over Delphox

9. Aegislash: Holy Avenger Sword/Divine Shield +5; changing stances is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Inkay - I didn't really pay much attention to Inkay when 6th gen was first introduced. But when I actually played Pokemon X, I fell in love with it.
    I had the opposite experience: I loved Inkay at first when it was revealed, but now I'm kind of neutral about it. I still like Malamar though: It's just so creepy in a good way.

Heres my list mate

Swirlix and slurpuff - just because theyre cotton candy and a cupcake.
    Goomy, sliggoo, and goodra - i just love the concept in general.
    And zygarde.

Im not a huge item collector, but i have a custom made glass swirlix pendant i wear as a necklace sometimes. If i found plushies of the pokemon i liked, i would probably buy them as well.

I always loved zygarde, even before his forms came out. I thought he was so cool and everyone just thought it was lame. When i first saw him in the cave i almost exploded. I knew they were gonna do something with him. Cant just catch it in a cave then expect that to be the only thing its good for.

In terms of Pokemon designs, I think Generation VI has some of the best - quality over quantity really does seem to apply here!

Delphox: For the same reasons I love Lucario and Zoroark - it's kind of cool how the three of them form an unofficial Fighting/Dark/Psychic trio.

Chestnaught: I just love this Pokemon's personality, it has such a "brave warrior", "loyal companion" vibe about it.

Talonflame: I've always liked Talonflame but it's grown on me even more recently, I grew quite attached to one after discovering it's perfect for hatching eggs. I adore birds of prey, and to make it even better it also evolves from a robin - another of my favourite birds. Definitely one of the coolest "regional birds" (or "early birds" as I call them).

Flabebe, Floette and Florges: Easily the most special Gen VI Pokemon for me. I caught a Flabebe and named it after my best friend, because X and Y were released on her birthday. Also, due to X and Y being released simultaneously worldwide, this was the first time I ever had the experienced of not knowing what my Pokemon would evolve into - Floette's design was a complete surprise to me. The fact that a Floette plays a role in the storyline of the games also made it even more special - I was reluctant to evolve mine into Florges innitially, but then discovered Florges is absolutely amazing in battle (and adorable in Pokemon-Amie).

Carbink: Similarly to how Floette's design was a surprise, I was delighted when this adorable rock fairy thing which I'd never seen before popped up in a cave.

Noivern: My favourite Pokemon tend to be the ones that seem simultaneously fierce and kind of cute - Noivern is definitely one of these. An amazing design, and easily my favourite non-legendary Dragon-type.

Xerneas and Yveltal: Two of the coolest legendary Pokemon ever created - their designs seem refreshingly simple, not unlike Mewtwo or Lugia. I kind of hope they never get alternate forms or Mega Evolutions because they're perfect just as they are.
    Last edited by Bill the Typhlosion; 22nd September 2015 at 4:08 PM.

I don't have any top favorites from Gen. 6, but the following I do still like over others:

Fennekin/Braixen - The anime made me like these two a lot more than I used to. Both are adorable.
    Delphox is okay in the anime more than the games, but, to me, it's not as cute as the other two.

Greninja - Even though it was my first starter of Gen 6, I still didn't understand why every seemed to be praising it at first. It was only 'meh' at that point. Since then I've gained more respect for it. The mix of a ninja and a frog is a neat combination.

Furfrou - Mostly because of the one I had in my second X play-through. Since it was the token 'gimmick' Pokemon, I didn't think it would be worth my time continuing to train. Believe it or not, I really enjoyed using it on that play-through and never regretted catching it.

Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash - The sword concept is definitely pretty cool.

Tyrunt/Tyrantrum - Who doesn't like Pokemon based of T-rex's?

Hawlucha - Another 'mon I that I like because of the concept it's based off of.

Goodra - It's last episode in X and Y made me love this thing tons more.
    Last edited by The Pokemon Broadcast; 23rd September 2015 at 1:25 AM.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

My favorite is Sylveon. An evolutionary form of Eevee. Fairy type. Cute. Used in competitive battling. Ended up in the top 8 of the championship 2015( vg masters division ). It can defeat a dragon with its ribbons behind its back. I don't know why anyone would never try and raise, train, and battle a Sylveon. It's stunning, just like all the other Eevolutions.

These are my top 3 Gen 6 Pokémon. Mind you, these are just my favorites, not the ones I think are the best.

1.) Tyrantrum: I love Dragon-types, and I have a love-hate relationship with Tyrannosaurs (the classic Jurassic Park scene with the impact tremors continued to haunt my nightmares into my twenties, but the T-Rex is just such an awesome dinosaur that I can't stay mad at it for long), so a Pokémon that was my second-favorite Jurassic Park dinosaur AND a Dragon-type? I want one!

2.) Delphox: I've been a fan of traditional fantasy RPGs for a number of years now, so when it was revealed that we could start our Pokémon XY adventure as a Psychic-type (my second-favorite Pokémon type behind Dragon) mage-class (the most OP'd starting class in any fantasy RPG) Pokémon, and it's also a fox (my favorite non-mythical animal since early childhood)!? Sign me up! It's too bad Greninja and its OP'd HA ended up sticking it in Ubers tier, while Delphox ended up the most UP'd of the Gen 6 starters, with a useless HA and a shallow movepool that only improved slightly with the release of ORAS.

3.) Heliolisk: "Never underestimate the value of a good Normal-type." Wise words, especially when it's such a versatile one like Heliolisk. He can abuse rain with Dry Skin and access to Surf, sandstorm with Sand Veil and access to Rock and Ground moves, and even sun with his powerful-yet-risky HA. If only he had access to Flamethrower and Solar Beam, he'd be an absolute beast. I suppose we'll have to settle for Dragon Pulse and STAB Hyper Voice.

Honorable mentions: Doublade/Aegislash, Greninja, Sylveon, Talonflame, Xerneas, Diancie, Volcanion.
    "Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just."

IGN: Alduin (X, OR), Lillith (Y, AS)
    NNID: ArceusKnight
    3DS FC: 0318-8048-1351

I have several HA Pokémon, shinies, and a handful of events for trade! Looking for anything to expand my collection! PM me if you're interested!

My favourite gen 6 Pokémon has got to be Greninja, my Greninja helped ALOT during the Elite Four.

Also, hey everyone! I have been inactive for a long while and I am glad to be back!
    Last edited by Bluebird55; 26th September 2015 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Made a boo boo

Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Trio!
    My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

Event: MM RE: (horde) GTS Wonder Trade

While Gen VI had fewer absolute new Pokemon introduced when compared to previous generations it certainly had some gems for me. At the top of the list was Noivern. I just love the design and the capabilities of the Pokemon. Its a better secondary Dragon typing than Altaria or Flygon in my opinion, as it fits more in line with the overall typing, whereas Flygon is just based in part on a dragonfly, get it. Then there is Dragalge, which I love, because of its typing and its design. I really hope PWT is brought back in some fashion, because I would love to see this on Clair's team taking over the role of her Kingdra. Tyrantrum is just a beast in terms of design and function, and it gets the added benefit of being a rock type Dragon Pokemon. Finally there is Clawitzer, which initially I didn't like, I felt as Dragalge got the better end of the stick; however, I eventually came around because Clawitzer just showcased function over form. While its counterpart is certainly prettier to look at it, Clawitzer is just a beast in terms of movepool and function

Like lots of other people, Dragalge is one of those rare Pokémon that turns tropes on their heads. A slow dragon that excels with Poison moves and hit's like a truck, while simultaneously resisting nearly half of the types?... Yes please.

It's also far more eloquent than any of it's Dragon or Poison-types counterparts.

EDIT: Honorable mention goes to Carbink, which I'm hoping will gain a Dragon/Fairy typing with either a Mega Evolution, or some forme change mechanic. Like, right now it's in it's rock shell, but then it meta-morphs into the classic Carbuncle design we're used to seeing; a little jeweled dragon with defensive capabilities. While it may not be too strong metagame wise, design-wise I prefer it over Diancie!
    Last edited by Victreebong; 2nd October 2015 at 7:35 PM.

Trevenant, without a doubt. Helping matters is the fact that the thing's a GIANT LIVING TREE THAT KILLS PEOPLE WHO HARM THE FOREST. That... that's pretty metal. Also, Ghost/Grass is a very interesting type combination.

My favorite Gen 6 pokemon would be Clawitzer. I really enjoy the power boost Aura Sphere gets because of its sole ability.

That said, I don't care for the color scheme on the normal version. Kind of boring to me. That's why I chose the shiny version. Just plain striking
    Shiny Hunter

Recently Claimed:

(evolved, Pokemon X), (Pt), (Pokémon Y)

I think this is the gen with the highest average quality of pokemon. There might not have been as many as previous gens but it felt like they really put extra effort into making each pokemon competitively viable in some way. I find it extremely hard to choose a favorite.
    The Honedge line sticks out in particular. The instant it was revealed I knew I wanted it.
    Tyrantrum may be my favorite fossil pokemon to date and I like a lot of them. I was slightly disappointed with the dragon types this gen besides Tyrantrum though.
    I don't dislike any of the starter pokemon this gen, with Chesnaught as my favorite.
    I could go on for a long time but I better cut it short here.
    I really should get a real sig...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast