140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snivy

61 43.57%
  • Tepig

27 19.29%
  • Oshawott

52 37.14%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is your favorite Unova starter?

Snivy, because I'd always wanted a non-poison snake Pokemon.

I chose Tepig cuz I adore pigs and Emboar is cool. Plus it can learn a variety of moves like Scald, Head Smash, Hammer Arm, and Wild Charge.

I loved all of them, to be perfectly honest but Oshawott holds a special place in my heart. But also....I really love Tepig.
    (((i haven't used this site in about five years so if i mess up call me out)))

I'm sorta indifferent to all 3 if I'm being honest. Tepig's kinda meh, Oshawott has horrid evos, and Snivy's line (especially Serperior) is mediocre and too defensive IMO. I'd pick Oshawott as a last resort.

Tepig easily.

Sorry Oshawott you broke my heart by making me think you were going to evolve into an awesome bipedal ninja/samurai like Pokemon focused on speed and physical combat than you completely turned that on it's head by making yourself look like a Sea Lion on a diet. It doesn't look bad but it's not what I wanted.

With Tepig I know exactly what I'm getting. I don't care if he's not speedy, I love him for what he does. Smashing into things at break neck force even if he's a danger to himself.

Snivy... tried just a little too hard to be the cool guy. I don't mind the too cool for school look but it helps if your movepool isn't super generic.
    Shiny's Obtained

Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Leaf Green:
    Pokemon Platinum
    Pokemon Heartgold

Escaped Shiny's
    Pokemon Black
    Pokemon Y

Oshawott is definitely my favorite of the three also otter are cool animal.Oshawott is cute Dewott is cool and Samurott is a badass It so useful in my White 2 playthrough, It Also my favorite Pokčmon.The Snivy line and Tepig line are pretty cool I really like Serperior regal design and Emboar design is cool especially the shiny one.
    Last edited by Nebbygetinthebag; 4th July 2017 at 2:31 AM.

Ok so after replaying White I sorta fell in love with Snivy since its regal stare and memeability are just too brilliant. I'm now torn on my favourite starter line in Gen 5... dammit.

I like both Tepig and Snivy, but I think I slightly prefer Tepig. I recall using Emboar in White more than I used Serperior in Black 2.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Omega Ruby team:
    Pokemon Moon team:

Oshawott for sure. It and dewott are my favs, samurott is okay looking, but i feel like his design could have been different and been better.

The other two I don't like at all, tepig is cute but I dislike its evolutions appearances, and snivy and it's evo's just look dumb to me. Serperior looses its arms and legs, wouldn't that technically mean it devolved? Lol. It doesn't help that I feel like snivy is up there on the list of overrated pokemon either. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAce777 View Post
    Oshawott for sure. It and dewott are my favs, samurott is okay looking, but i feel like his design could have been different and been better.
    I remember seeing many fans trash Daikenki's (Samurott's) design when it leaked a few weeks before Black and White were officially released, but I've never thought that Daikenki's design was that bad considering that it at least kept the samurai and shell theme of its two pre-evolved forms.

Tepig. I think it's very underrated because it's another Fire/Fighting type., but its so cute.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345