Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 181

Thread: Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Posts
    6,009

    Default

    Your userbar will automatically change based on the number of posts you've made (in sub-forums where posts count). There's no way to manually change it.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5#post17904135
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 6th February 2017 at 7:32 PM.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

    CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.


    “Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Might be a silly question, but how long do usernames take to change after you've made your request in the username change thread (which was closed November)? I absolutely understand that changing usernames is a luxury that we're not entitled to whatsoever, but it's been over three months since the requests were made and some of these names could be taken by new members within such a long timeframe.

    Thanks!

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    Might be a silly question, but how long do usernames take to change after you've made your request in the username change thread (which was closed November)? I absolutely understand that changing usernames is a luxury that we're not entitled to whatsoever, but it's been over three months since the requests were made and some of these names could be taken by new members within such a long timeframe.

    Thanks!
    I think that they open it either every six or twelve months, so when the Username Change Thread is open, you can change it at those times. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Is there a way to set the alignment in a post to justify?


    FB & PC & CC


  5. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 134 View Post
    Is there a way to set the alignment in a post to justify?
    There are a few ways that I can see it being done using the software that the forum uses. However this would need a change within the CSS files that only Serebii and possibly a few other Admins could even get hold of.

    Otherwise, you'd could to code for a per post Via HTML, but HTML is disabled on most posts unless you get Admin to enable it. (The Code is <p align="justify"> or <div align="justify"> and </div> )

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Midwest US
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Is there a thread for GTS trades you're proud of? Like if I want to squeal about how I offered (x) for (y) and got Shiny (y)?
    I have no idea what I'm doing.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlolaSherwood View Post
    Is there a thread for GTS trades you're proud of? Like if I want to squeal about how I offered (x) for (y) and got Shiny (y)?
    I believe there isn't such a thread. However, I think the Recent happenings threads may be the best place for this type of thing. I remember seeing some posts when I regularly did use those threads.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Slowpoke Well
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Am I being blind or does the thread for lickitung/lickilicky not exist? I tried searching the kanto and sinnoh families in both the gen 6 and 7 forums on here but I cant seem to find it.

    Can someone post the link for me please?

    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.


    Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!


    Quote Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
    Dex Entry: "Alolan Raticate gained the Dark type and used it to beat up local Alakazam and steal their mustaches. This explains both the clean-shaven Alolan Alakazam, and the luxuriousness of Alolan Raticate's 'stache"

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Am I being blind or does the thread for lickitung/lickilicky not exist? I tried searching the kanto and sinnoh families in both the gen 6 and 7 forums on here but I cant seem to find it.

    Can someone post the link for me please?
    I'd try if I could find a Public one. There are few Gen 1 Pokémon Missing from Gen 6, such as Hitmons.

    The only Licklicky Trade thread I could find was the 5th Gen one, which is now hidden. I had the link saved on my local copy FAQ that I wrote for BW2.

    I could have seen let those Pokémon to be Omited initially, if they where not available in XY or Sun and Moon prior to Bank.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Have any actual pokemon events come out in the usa besides the munchlax and magearna events?

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Collide View Post
    Have any actual pokemon events come out in the usa besides the munchlax and magearna events?
    Only one, and it's over: Meloetta, in December 2016. http://www.serebii.net/events/2016.shtml

    Usually Event Pokémon are often not given out during first year outside of Japan. Last year was crazy, we probably had the most available in a year. At one point, we had THREE* separate Events running at the same time! (The Last time I remember more than one event was two, in Gen 4 just before Gen 5, were The Legendary Beasts and Celebi were being done at the same time.)

    *Depending on the count, I could argue two, or five depending on how you count it.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Is there anywhere I could see a list of things to watch out for when trading so you don't get traded hacked pokemon or something I learned that the event entei (shiny with flare blitz and extremespeed) might be very valuable and I was thinking I might be able to get a shiny latias for it but I'm a bit afraid I might get tricked and also what would provide as sufficient proof that mine is legit as I never thought it might be very sought after when I first got it?

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by growlithepuppy View Post
    Is there anywhere I could see a list of things to watch out for when trading so you don't get traded hacked pokemon or something I learned that the event entei (shiny with flare blitz and extremespeed) might be very valuable and I was thinking I might be able to get a shiny latias for it but I'm a bit afraid I might get tricked and also what would provide as sufficient proof that mine is legit as I never thought it might be very sought after when I first got it?
    This thread should help.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Only one, and it's over: Meloetta, in December 2016.

    Usually Event Pokémon are often not given out during first year outside of Japan. Last year was crazy, we probably had the most available in a year. At one point, we had THREE* separate Events running at the same time! (The Last time I remember more than one event was two, in Gen 4 just before Gen 5, were The Legendary Beasts and Celebi were being done at the same time.)

    *Depending on the count, I could argue two, or five depending on how you count it.
    Oh no, i meant usa events for sun and moon. I was worried for a second lol. Thanks anyways!

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    0

    Default

    If I got a pokemon in a 6th gen game and am willing to trade it either in 6th gen or transfer it to 7th gen and tade it there should I only post about it in 6th gen trades or in 7th gen trades too?

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Posts
    6,009

    Default

    growlithepuppy: You can probably post about it both places, just make sure you don't promise it more then one trade partner. You could also just try 6th Gen and later move over to 7th Gen if no one seems interested in 6th Gen.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

    CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.


    “Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Will Ellie or someone else make a new Name Change thread?
    The Big Problem with the Pokémon Anime - An Essay and a Rant: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A00EZpFVd8/pub

    I make it no secret that I despise the Pokémon anime due to the status quo problem I have discussed in my document above. I will continue to state my positions and criticize the anime until the day that problem gets fixed or the day I pass away. If you are bothered or annoyed by the words in my posts then you may either ignore me or take on my arguments.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
    Will Ellie or someone else make a new Name Change thread?
    The previous set of name changes hasn't even been completed, so why do we need a new thread?

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    The previous set of name changes hasn't even been completed, so why do we need a new thread?
    So that I can request for a new name. Isn't that obvious?
    The Big Problem with the Pokémon Anime - An Essay and a Rant: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A00EZpFVd8/pub

    I make it no secret that I despise the Pokémon anime due to the status quo problem I have discussed in my document above. I will continue to state my positions and criticize the anime until the day that problem gets fixed or the day I pass away. If you are bothered or annoyed by the words in my posts then you may either ignore me or take on my arguments.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    none
    Posts
    328

    Default

    So this means we will have no name change thread these 6 months? I returned to the forums almost specifically to chamge my username and now I get this?



    I've claimed Komachi Onozuka, Celesteela, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Splash Woman Stage (music)

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    So this means we will have no name change thread these 6 months? I returned to the forums almost specifically to chamge my username and now I get this?
    The Admins are pretty busy, so they will get to all of the name changes when they can. Please read this post here that I'm going to link. It's the previous name changes thread that has been closed, but reading Ellie's post at the very top will help you out.

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ire-first-post


        Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    none
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    The Admins are pretty busy, so they will get to all of the name changes when they can. Please read this post here that I'm going to link. It's the previous name changes thread that has been closed, but reading Ellie's post at the very top will help you out.

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ire-first-post
    So it can happen at any time during this month and then it won't close at the end of the month but after 30 or 31 days? I'm worried this month our opportunity will be skipped over and I'll have to wait another 7 months



    I've claimed Komachi Onozuka, Celesteela, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Splash Woman Stage (music)

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    So it can happen at any time during this month and then it won't close at the end of the month but after 30 or 31 days? I'm worried this month our opportunity will be skipped over and I'll have to wait another 7 months
    I doubt it will get skipped. The only way I can see that happening is if a lot of people annoy and pester the Admins about it. According to the rules name changes are a privilege, not a right. Eventually the new thread will be up, and people that requested name changes from the last thread will get their name changed. The Admins will get to it when they can I'm sure. It could be tomorrow, it could be next week, I have no clue. They are busy people. The best thing that you can do is just continue to be patient and keep checking the SPPf Help section everyday. Eventually the new thread will be posted. I can't really give you an answer because I don't know when it will be posted. Whatever you do though don't pester the Admins about it. They won't like that. I hope this helps.


        Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    So it can happen at any time during this month and then it won't close at the end of the month but after 30 or 31 days? I'm worried this month our opportunity will be skipped over and I'll have to wait another 7 months
    The thread's up now, so your worries should be over.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    I'm sure this has been asked before, but will there be a Sun & Moon style background?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •