Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

I have no idea if this is even the right place to bring this up, but: I can not access the forums in Chrome. Or, well, I can partially access it in Chrome. I can access (most of) the board listings, but not the topics, unless I disable all my scripts at which point I can't even post (quick reply never loads, going to the normal reply box just loads the page forever).

Firefox is where I'm posting this now and it has its own issues, like how the quick reply box is there but the post options are not.

Closing/reopening the browser/tab doesn't fix anything.

so....????

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I have no idea if this is even the right place to bring this up, but: I can not access the forums in Chrome. Or, well, I can partially access it in Chrome. I can access (most of) the board listings, but not the topics, unless I disable all my scripts at which point I can't even post (quick reply never loads, going to the normal reply box just loads the page forever).

Firefox is where I'm posting this now and it has its own issues, like how the quick reply box is there but the post options are not.

Closing/reopening the browser/tab doesn't fix anything.

so....????
    I'm having the same problems with chrome. I trying out firefox now and it does seem to be working better.

Oh and I do have a question; is there a way to keep threads that you haven't looked at since your last visit unread if you log out or get timed out by being inactive for too long? I couldn't even access the threads this morning and I had to do stuff so I missed out on most of the new posts and it's very annoying trying to find where the last posts were on my last visit.

Also may as well say the forum maintenance that just happened didn't fix anything, so whatever was causing those hiccups wasn't the chrome issue at least.

So far only with Microsoft Edge can have access in every thread of the forums without loading problems and still there are some problems regarding the comment system(missing submit button) so I have to open a second tab every time I want to post a comment here.

Do we know how long it will take for this issue to be solved?

R_N, Pokegirl Fan~, & Darthlord7:
    We were having server issues earlier in the month, have your issues resolved?
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    R_N, Pokegirl Fan~, & Darthlord7:
    We were having server issues earlier in the month, have your issues resolved?
    Pretty much, yeah. It seems to be working fine now for me.

Yeah, everything is working fine now.

Hi, I just came back after a couple years, and I noticed in the gen 7 trade forum, all of the evolution lines under each generation (not counting new gen 2 or 4 ones) are not included under each generation sub thread. Years ago it used to have all (granted it was back in the gen 6 trading section but still). Are we supposed to make our own threads for a line now or something? I'm not sure how it works now.
    My 3DS Friend Code is 0576 3520 6954. I have both sun and moon version, and my sun version has my well trained and semi-competitive pokemon.

I have played and beaten all of the main series pokemon games at some point except for Silver, Crystal and Pearl versions, though the only ones I still have now are Sun, Moon, OR, AS, X, Black 2, Plat, FR and Emerald. I also have a virtual console yellow version. I also love XD Gale of Darkness.

Favorites:

Double check that you're not looking in the wrong gen, but yeah, if it's not there go ahead and make a thread, or let the mods for that section know.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”

Is there not a casual battle me thread anymore? Also, in the competitive thread there are very few recent posts, is something about the battle communication system different than a couple years ago?
    My 3DS Friend Code is 0576 3520 6954. I have both sun and moon version, and my sun version has my well trained and semi-competitive pokemon.

I have played and beaten all of the main series pokemon games at some point except for Silver, Crystal and Pearl versions, though the only ones I still have now are Sun, Moon, OR, AS, X, Black 2, Plat, FR and Emerald. I also have a virtual console yellow version. I also love XD Gale of Darkness.

Favorites:

Can users not really start threads anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Can users not really start threads anymore?
    In which sub-forum are you trying to start a thread?

Some sub-Forums will not allow most members to create new threads. These include the Serebii.net Announcements, and Serebii.net Updates sub-forums. (They're restricted to certain members of staff.)

Other sub-forums will let you Create a New thread, BUT these will be hidden until a member of staff approves it. These will give you a notice as you post. I wish I could find you onethat wasn't in a deleted sub-forum. Mind you I may have some permissions that due to my previous position on Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    In which sub-forum are you trying to start a thread?

Some sub-Forums will not allow most members to create new threads. These include the Serebii.net Announcements, and Serebii.net Updates sub-forums. (They're restricted to certain members of staff.)

Other sub-forums will let you Create a New thread, BUT these will be hidden until a member of staff approves it. These will give you a notice as you post. I wish I could find you onethat wasn't in a deleted sub-forum. Mind you I may have some permissions that due to my previous position on Serebii.net
    Do you know approx. how long it takes for confirmation? I tried to start in the pokemon sun and moon section.

Thank-you for the quick reply also.

Do you know approx. how long it takes for confirmation? I tried to start in the pokemon sun and moon section.

Thank-you for the quick reply also.
    It could take up to a few days, The time it takes really depends on the staff members who moderate that section. Be aware that It may never appear, and given the way the threads are on that section, I'm willing to lean towards this.

The Actual approval process is quite quick it's just a few clicks.

Hi, yeah, I'm the staff member in question. Your thread was not really that Sun/Moon related. I would suggest posting it in Polls, or rewriting it to be more S/M oriented (if possible). Also, next time, please PM a staff member in that area, and don't forget to check the section rules.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 23rd June 2017 at 6:02 PM.

Thankyou for commenting to let me know.

Is there a section where you can give ideas for improving the forums?

Yep:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...estions-Thread

Make sure you read the first post.

Um a question how can I move the signature and put it in the middle.

Put the tags [CENTER] [/CENTER] around it.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Yep:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...estions-Thread

Make sure you read the first post.
    aweh shoot I thought you weren't supposed to read rules on serebii

aweh shoot I thought you weren't supposed to read rules on serebii
    I thought so too when I first signed up three years ago

Guys, please don't spam this thread.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567