Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Sorry to bother everyone but i just really want to know How to change my Profile piucture so i can give everyone something Fun to look at you know. I fyou could respond that would be fantastic. Super

Go to Settings (upper right hand corner), click Edit Profile Picture (on the left, under Profile), then upload or link in the picture you want (mind the size limits). However if what you actually want to change is your avatar (the picture next to your name on posts), select Edit Avatar instead of Edit Profile Picture. Non-staff members can only chose from the many pre-loaded avatars due to space and lagging issues, but there are quite a few to chose from.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

It says "Due to the recent incident on the forums, it's best for security sake to change your password to something new, just to be on the safe side."What was the recent incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Solgaleo View Post
    It says "Due to the recent incident on the forums, it's best for security sake to change your password to something new, just to be on the safe side."What was the recent incident?
    I'm not sure why the issue with that appearing for new users hasn't been fixed yet but that's from something years ago at this point, no need to worry about that.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

I'm not a new user lol but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere.

Is there a way to block avatars and signatures of other users? I was hoping to avoid as many gen VII spoilers as possible and now I know all of the starter Pokemon because everyone's been putting them in their avatars and sigs. :< they're always the hardest to avoid anyways so water under the bridge, but I definitely don't want to know their evolutions and would like to avoid as many other spoilers as well. Otherwise I'll just take a break from the forums in a few months when the spoilers will enivitably start rolling in.

[original animation: ningukt]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangeh View Post
    I'm not a new user lol but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere.

Is there a way to block avatars and signatures of other users? I was hoping to avoid as many gen VII spoilers as possible and now I know all of the starter Pokemon because everyone's been putting them in their avatars and sigs. :< they're always the hardest to avoid anyways so water under the bridge, but I definitely don't want to know their evolutions and would like to avoid as many other spoilers as well. Otherwise I'll just take a break from the forums in a few months when the spoilers will enivitably start rolling in.
    Yeah, from Settings go to General Settings, scroll down to a section called Thread Display Options and the first subsection should be Visible Post Elements. There you can turn off avatars, signatures and image tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Yeah, from Settings go to General Settings, scroll down to a section called Thread Display Options and the first subsection should be Visible Post Elements. There you can turn off avatars, signatures and image tags.
    Got it! I checked there first, but guess I overlooked it. ^__^ Thanks!

[original animation: ningukt]

Why is the name changing system so complicated? On another forum I'm a member of called Seibertron, it's as simple as going into your profile and typing in your new name. I'm curious as to why it's different here.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFromSS View Post
    Why is the name changing system so complicated? On another forum I'm a member of called Seibertron, it's as simple as going into your profile and typing in your new name. I'm curious as to why it's different here.
    Don't you know how much confusion would be on this forum if every user changes his/her username every day?

Please do not refer to me as vanillite1 anymore. I'm now known as Superteletubbies64
    I've claimed Komachi Onozuka, Celesteela, SSBWU and stuff (still waiting approval)

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    Don't you know how much confusion would be on this forum if every user changes his/her username every day?
    I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen. With that other forum I mentioned, it's actually kinda rare to see a name change.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFromSS View Post
    I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen. With that other forum I mentioned, it's actually kinda rare to see a name change.
    Well, there are quite a lot of forums and sites where it's totally impossible to change your name

And if the system wouldn't be so complicated there would still be a lot of confusion

Please do not refer to me as vanillite1 anymore. I'm now known as Superteletubbies64
    I've claimed Komachi Onozuka, Celesteela, SSBWU and stuff (still waiting approval)

How do I quote two different posts in the same reply? Don't wanna double-post.

Quote Originally Posted by Airederu View Post
    How do I quote two different posts in the same reply? Don't wanna double-post.
    At the bottom of a post, to the right of the regular "Reply with Quote" button there is another symbol that looks like the same speech bubble, but with a "+" at the bottom. If you hover over it, it should say "Multi-Quote This Message". Anyway, if you hit that it should change to a "✔". You can then do that to as many posts as you please. When you get to the last post you want to quote you just press the regular quote button and all of them will show up.
    Last edited by Endless; 10th June 2016 at 10:34 PM.

Is there a way to search avatars from avatars list , without having to look through thousands of avatars.Like I search steven stone and get all steven stone avatars?
    Also is there an avatar of steven stone from The strongest Mega evolution acts, I didn't find one in ME acts list.
    If it's not present then I would like to request to update the ME acts avatar list, he was an important character in ME acts he should be there. Similarly lysander malva and professor platane/sycamore should be there too.
    Please update the The ME acts avatar list.

How do I put quotes from 2 different people in my message to the thread?
    Actually enjoying SuMo anime so far

Quote Originally Posted by TheScentedApple View Post
    How do I put quotes from 2 different people in my message to the thread?
    Use the Multiquote function. Right next to "Reply with Quote" on the right is a small Quote icon with a + next to it; you can check it on multiple posts, such that when you hit Reply with Quote, it will input the quotes for each one that you've checked.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Use the Multiquote function. Right next to "Reply with Quote" on the right is a small Quote icon with a + next to it; you can check it on multiple posts, such that when you hit Reply with Quote, it will input the quotes for each one that you've checked.
    Okay thank you!

So I keep logging in and then getting logged out for some reason, then I have to log myself in again. I know it's not because of inactivity because it's happened twice before that I look at my profile, click on Subscriptions, try to reply to the thread, but a message pops up saying that I have to log in to post it. I have to log back in to post it.

Also I thought I made a thread with photobucket links in it, and I was at 10 posts exactly before. I posted it but I got the message "this needs to be approved by the staff" or something. It didn't post. Anybody know what this is?

Just call me if you need me.
    '"Go spend some time that you could be using to contribute nothing to society, and/or not be productive." -A You-tuber'
    Burgh's gym. Hidden easter egg.

for the first one, it sounds like an issue with cookies. try clearing your cookies, closing your browser, and going back to sppf and logging in again.

for the second one, what section were you using? some sections have moderation on regardless of your postcount. if it is one without moderation, try again and see if you get the same message.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)
    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)
    [21:03] <+Skiks> ellie is out of context
    [21:04] <+Skiks> the experience

How do you get a line through your text?
    As in this would have a line in the middle of it (eg): HI hows it going

Default How to change the little badge thing under you avatar?

Sorry, I couldent find the right place to post this, but I am wondering how do I change the little badge image bar thingy under my name :P I see people who have gym badges and stuff on it.

how do i do spoiler tags
    SAVE ARCADIA BAY!

Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyMachamp View Post
    Sorry, I couldent find the right place to post this, but I am wondering how do I change the little badge image bar thingy under my name :P I see people who have gym badges and stuff on it.
    It changes with your post count.
    Last edited by Ascended Dialga; 26th July 2016 at 1:38 AM.

I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyMachamp View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Topic-and-FAQ

The second post shows how many posts you need for each badge.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Hello, I'm an older user but it's been at least a couple years since I've used the forums. I wanted to comeback again for Gen VII, but had forgotten my password and figured I could just make a new account and start over. However, it wasn't until after I made the new account I looked under the rules and saw this was forbidden and would result in infractions. I logged out and just got a new password for this account. I wasn't sure if this was the right thread to ask about this or if I was just supposed to PM a mod to correct the mistake, my bad guys

3DS FC: 4382-2456-8353

Nintendo Network ID: TheFonzPart

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast