Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by TheScentedApple View Post
    How do you get a line through your text?
    As in this would have a line in the middle of it (eg): HI hows it going
    [S]TEXT SAMPLE[/S]

=

TEXT SAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by L. Lawliet View Post
    how do i do spoiler tags
    [SPOILER=SAMPLE TITLE]SAMPLE TEXT[/SPOILER]

=

Spoiler:- SAMPLE TITLE:

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Hello, I'm an older user but it's been at least a couple years since I've used the forums. I wanted to comeback again for Gen VII, but had forgotten my password and figured I could just make a new account and start over. However, it wasn't until after I made the new account I looked under the rules and saw this was forbidden and would result in infractions. I logged out and just got a new password for this account. I wasn't sure if this was the right thread to ask about this or if I was just supposed to PM a mod to correct the mistake, my bad guys
    Send me a PM with the name of the newer account (assuming you've not spoken with another mod).
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Is there an easier way to put Pokemon sprites in your signature? I've tried before but it takes forever as it seems they are in no particular order.
    Team Pokémon Sun: Decidueye, Alolan Persian, Ribombee, Salandit, Bewear, Mudsdale

Where can I go for help involving IVs?

So I'm trying to put an image of a Team Valor logo into my signature, but the name of the website is censored. Is it because I'm new?

Default Why can't I post in certain forum sections? For instance, the gen 6 forums

I found that those forums with a red pokemon at the side don't let me create a thread. Is this because I am new? I've looked through the questions and rules but cannot find the reason for me not to be able to create a thread on certain forums.

What is even weirder is that I cannot post in any of the gen discussion forums, apart from gen 4 for some reason.

Hey guys! Am I allowed to put a link to my (pokemon) youtube channel in my signature? It would be a pure, normal size text link. Nothing large, no images. Not sure if that's allowed because it may be seen as advertisement, so I want to make sure first.

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveLunatic View Post
    Hey guys! Am I allowed to put a link to my (pokemon) youtube channel in my signature? It would be a pure, normal size text link. Nothing large, no images. Not sure if that's allowed because it may be seen as advertisement, so I want to make sure first.
    Yes, you are able to do so. Advertising in your signature is 100% allowed (as long as you're not linking anything malicious, i.e., explicit material, viruses, etc.). Making posts/threads to advertise is what is against the rules.
    SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules

Take a moment, remind yourself
    To take a moment and find yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Yes, you are able to do so. Advertising in your signature is 100% allowed (as long as you're not linking anything malicious, i.e., explicit material, viruses, etc.). Making posts/threads to advertise is what is against the rules.
    Wonderful! Thanks for the quick response!

EDIT: I feel really stupid now. I can't seem to get a clickable link into my signature! Trying to use standard BB codes gives me an error message. Any help? Or are clickable links not allowed, period?

EDIT2: Nevermind, it works now.
    Last edited by NaiveLunatic; 11th August 2016 at 7:39 AM.

Why can't I put pictures in my signature? I never broke any rules or anything. Someone said to join groups in User CP but I don't know how to do that.
    And yes, I do know HOW to put pictures in. It showed up in the signature preview, but once I saved it, the picture disappeared.
    Zeki | 1306-6720-7342 | Friend Safari: Dwaaagooons (Fraxure, Shelgon, Sliggoo)

My Apricorn/HA Pokemon for Trade - Now giving away FREE 5IV Pokemon of over 20 species! Check the "Free Competitive 5IVs" tab at the bottom to see what I have to offer!

Default Reputation comment?

I keep getting a message in the top of the screen that I have a reputation comment? Was wondering what that meant, and if it is a comment of some kind, where I can see it?

How do I edit my settings so that I can request a signature from the reicever to say that they have seen my message?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
    Dex Entry: "Alolan Raticate gained the Dark type and used it to beat up local Alakazam and steal their mustaches. This explains both the clean-shaven Alolan Alakazam, and the luxuriousness of Alolan Raticate's 'stache"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    How do I edit my settings so that I can request a signature from the reicever to say that they have seen my message?
    Are you talking about private messages?

When you compose a new message there's a spot at the bottom of the page where it says additional and miscellaneous options where you can check "Request a read receipt for this message". There isn't like an option in your settings for where you can have turned on by default though. You have to do it with every message.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Are you talking about private messages?

When you compose a new message there's a spot at the bottom of the page where it says additional and miscellaneous options where you can check "Request a read receipt for this message". There isn't like an option in your settings for where you can have turned on by default though. You have to do it with every message.
    Yes that's what I meant.

Thank you for the reply

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
    Dex Entry: "Alolan Raticate gained the Dark type and used it to beat up local Alakazam and steal their mustaches. This explains both the clean-shaven Alolan Alakazam, and the luxuriousness of Alolan Raticate's 'stache"

so... in the general forum rules in the main post by serebii there's a link to something about a reputation system, but I've never seen any of the reputation things it mentions. Has this been discontinued? I've been wondering about it for a while now, and if it has been discontinued shouldn't the link be removed? idk where else to ask about this...
    MDT 3pm-6pm and after 8pm weekdays are generally good trading times
    looking for ditto and snorunt friend safaries
    friend safari: shuppet, phantump, dusclops
    in game name: ゆめのかげ | friend code: 3480-2595-4791
    "Gengar is cute. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." --yumenokage

Quote Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
    I keep getting a message in the top of the screen that I have a reputation comment? Was wondering what that meant, and if it is a comment of some kind, where I can see it?
    Seems I have to quote myself ... still having this very annoying message pop up at the top of the screen. Anyone know whats up with this reputation comment and whether or not I can see the comment?
    Friend Code: 2767 - 2784 - 1820
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

Reputation isn't currently on. When it's on people can give you positive or negative rep on your posts, and leave a comment along with it. We had it on a couple times in the past, but this most recent time a glitch was found that hasn't been resolved yet. If you're getting notifications for it, try logging out and logging back in, that should resolves the issue. If not, well, it's not like it's anything forum breaking anyways.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

So is there any sub forum where we're allowed to discuss Pokemon theories? No worries if their aren't I just like them :P .

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Reputation isn't currently on. When it's on people can give you positive or negative rep on your posts, and leave a comment along with it. We had it on a couple times in the past, but this most recent time a glitch was found that hasn't been resolved yet. If you're getting notifications for it, try logging out and logging back in, that should resolves the issue. If not, well, it's not like it's anything forum breaking anyways.
    Thanks for the reply! Yet when I log in and out, it doesn't change it ... guess its a very persistent glitch Its not forum breaking, its just annoying.
    Friend Code: 2767 - 2784 - 1820
    Add me if you want!

Current Gold team:

For some reason, I can't post images in a post I'm trying to make in the anime polls forum unless they're 200 size. I copy/pasted the exact code here and the image seemed to work, but it didn't work here for some reason. Can anyone explain this? :s
    Last edited by Surperior Serperior; 22nd September 2016 at 1:56 AM.

I know you can turn off avatars, signatures, and images but when I do all those things, my friends list still shows the avatars (both on the left where it shows nine avatars and the tab saying Friends). Is there anyway to prevent the images from showing? I'm going to try and avoid spoilers for Sun/Moon starting on October and I know there will be those that'll use avatars of newly revealed Pokemon so I was just wondering about this.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 27th September 2016 at 2:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    wow, we're now pre-ordering an 18 year old game

guess Nintendo knows how poorly GS play and needs a cheap pre-order bonus to rope people in

gotta get the preloads in so the servers don't get hammered by all those nerds trying to download their 0.00004 GB of retro meh on relaunch day

TiredButAwake is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

It keeps denying my post because i have one image in it about the demo that i really need to post
    I HOPE YOU ALL LOVE BALLZ BECAUSE I HAV THEMMM!!!111 SUCK ME HARD PLEASE RIGHT IN THE BUTTHOLE ASSWIPES :))((((()))×^×%:1<17175159652557474784993

Quote Originally Posted by TiredButAwake View Post
    It keeps denying my post because i have one image in it about the demo that i really need to post
    You will need to post count to be more than 10, before you can post links and images.

Sorry, it was intended to limit the amount Spam bots posting questionable content. This restrictions is removed as you make more posts.

Hello. I was just reading a previous post while searching for an answer to my question and came across this page. I've recently been able to regain access to this account after years of inactivity and would like to use this one instead of the other one. Thanks and hope you can help ^~^

Question:

How is it when images of pokemon are posted, the background of the image matches the background of the forum?

When I see the POTW section, and the pictures of the pokemon, they have a green background. But when I view the image manually, it has a white background.

The same is with serebii.net, when pokemon appear in a dark gray background... (But when I view the image file manually, it's in a White background.).

I'd like to know how to do that for images so I can place them in a background (i.e., grass-type pokemon in a forest image).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineroar View Post
    Question:

How is it when images of pokemon are posted, the background of the image matches the background of the forum?

When I see the POTW section, and the pictures of the pokemon, they have a green background. But when I view the image manually, it has a white background.

The same is with serebii.net, when pokemon appear in a dark gray background... (But when I view the image file manually, it's in a White background.).

I'd like to know how to do that for images so I can place them in a background (i.e., grass-type pokemon in a forest image).

Thanks.
    To put simply, those images in a Transparent Format such as GIF or PNG.

GIF being a older format has limit on how many colours it can store. The Big Advantage is that they can be Animated. It's commonly used for sprites.

PNG is a format that allow alot more colours it can store, and can do stuff like 50% Transparency. However there is No Animation support.

As for making the images, you'll need to use software that allows you to work with Transparencies. I personally use the free software GIMP, and I reccomend to "read up" on transparencies on GIMP. (This software does alot of the same things that Adobe Photoshop does.)

I could go in a lot more detail, but I personally don't think you'll understand stuff like Indexed Colour pallette or RGBA..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast