Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    To put simply, those images in a Transparent Format such as GIF or PNG.

GIF being a older format has limit on how many colours it can store. The Big Advantage is that they can be Animated. It's commonly used for sprites.

PNG is a format that allow alot more colours it can store, and can do stuff like 50% Transparency. However there is No Animation support.

As for making the images, you'll need to use software that allows you to work with Transparencies. I personally use the free software GIMP, and I reccomend to "read up" on transparencies on GIMP. (This software does alot of the same things that Adobe Photoshop does.)

I could go in a lot more detail, but I personally don't think you'll understand stuff like Indexed Colour pallette or RGBA..
    Okay, I guess it can't be done via Paint?

Every time I download an image, whether jpeg or png, I always "save as" into png, due to the fact that jpeg adds a blur around words in a white background.

I'm guessing to copy/paste photos with a transparency, I should download gimp?

(And it seems these transparencies work 100%.).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineroar View Post
    Okay, I guess it can't be done via Paint?

Every time I download an image, whether jpeg or png, I always "save as" into png, due to the fact that jpeg adds a blur around words in a white background.

I'm guessing to copy/paste photos with a transparency, I should download gimp?

(And it seems these transparencies work 100%.).

Thanks.
    Paint won't work with Transparencies, and lacks many advanced features. (At least, until the Windows 10 "content" update coming next year.)

Jpeg compression works well with photos, but fails on High contrast stuff like screen shots of text or line art. You'd either have to alter the compression Ratio or use another format.

You should use GIMP if you want to Edit Transparent Images. You can download images by right clicking on the image in question and clicking on an option like "Save image As.." (The main reason is why I choose GIMP is that most PC and Macs can run it, and it's barely changed in the last 10 years, and It's free. I've been using it for that long.)

As for them working, they work as long as the software that reads it understands transparencies.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 28th October 2016 at 5:00 PM.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

As for them working, they work as long as the software that reads it understands transparencies.
    Ah okay, so pretty much Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome can understand transparencies?

And what about Word/Excel?

Yea, I noticed in Paint in Windows 7, you can add a textbook and type in words, and the letters will go right in the image without a white background, which is the case with Paint in XP.

Hi, question. Where can I post to request some IV trained Pokemon? I'm starting Pokemon and I learned about IV and EV and was hoping someone could help me with getting a few IV trained Pokemon so I can get a team started! Thanks!
    3DS Friend Code: 3454-1177-6833

Quote Originally Posted by Incineroar View Post
    Ah okay, so pretty much Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome can understand transparencies?

And what about Word/Excel?

Yea, I noticed in Paint in Windows 7, you can add a textbook and type in words, and the letters will go right in the image without a white background, which is the case with Paint in XP.
    I was talking about saving in a format that supports Transparency. If you look at several of the Pokémon sprite avatars their background doesn't stay green when chaining theme.

Paint overlays the text on existing art, then basicly paints your text in to the image.

Quote Originally Posted by navataru View Post
    Hi, question. Where can I post to request some IV trained Pokemon? I'm starting Pokemon and I learned about IV and EV and was hoping someone could help me with getting a few IV trained Pokemon so I can get a team started! Thanks!
    If you would like someone to trade you Pokémon with Good iIVs, please look here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...71-Trade-Forum

If you want to IV training please wait until Sun and Moon is released as we assume IV training is possible, and the details will be posted on the main site. Normally IV are Generated once you see a Pokémon or it's egg. You can't change IV yet.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

Hey. I don't mean to be pushy but am wondering if the name change requests have been forgotten?

HI, everyone I just started a thread giveaway of some spare codes I have, but I forgot to put the codes in the thread lol (face palm). I want to edit it, but I cant find the thread anywhere. a quick pop came up but I didn't get a chance to read it. Does the thread have to okayed by the mods first? and if that is what the little pop up said, does anyone know how long that will take? Thanks so much for any help!

yours sincerely Ben

TiredButAwake is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

The ice stone page isnt loading the pokemon images
    I HOPE YOU ALL LOVE BALLZ BECAUSE I HAV THEMMM!!!111 SUCK ME HARD PLEASE RIGHT IN THE BUTTHOLE ASSWIPES :))((((()))×^×%:1<17175159652557474784993

Not sure if this goes here but what does SOS only mean in the Pokemon location?

I can clone your pokemon in X and Y, Good offers only.
    3DS FC 2080 0659 4598

Check Out My Awesome Trade Shop
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread[/COLOR].php?t=543436

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFever View Post
    Hey. I don't mean to be pushy but am wondering if the name change requests have been forgotten?
    Sometimes it just takes some time, it takes time to do, and staff on here has RL stuff to deal with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    HI, everyone I just started a thread giveaway of some spare codes I have, but I forgot to put the codes in the thread lol (face palm). I want to edit it, but I cant find the thread anywhere. a quick pop came up but I didn't get a chance to read it. Does the thread have to okayed by the mods first? and if that is what the little pop up said, does anyone know how long that will take? Thanks so much for any help!
    The thread may not have been allowed where you posted it (I'm not sure there's anywhere on here that's good to post that), or you may have forgotten where you posted it. It would help to know where you posted it. You an also try going to your profile and searching your recent posts/topics.

Quote Originally Posted by TiredButAwake View Post
    The ice stone page isnt loading the pokemon images
    Sounds like lag, but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul18655 View Post
    Not sure if this goes here but what does SOS only mean in the Pokemon location?
    Going to need more information; do you mean on Serebii's pokedex?
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Hi! I'm experiencing some issues with posting images in posts using the URL option when clicking "Insert Image". I get a message saying "Remote file is too large".

I've tried decreasing the file size and size of the image, but it doesn't seem to work.

The dimensions and size are:
    400x205
    30,0 KB

I've tried looking around but can't find the specific answer to my problem. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

For reference, don't know if it matters, but I've been trying to post in the "Shippers Community" section.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaWaltz View Post
    Hi! I'm experiencing some issues with posting images in posts using the URL option when clicking "Insert Image". I get a message saying "Remote file is too large".

I've tried decreasing the file size and size of the image, but it doesn't seem to work.

The dimensions and size are:
    400x205
    30,0 KB

I've tried looking around but can't find the specific answer to my problem. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

For reference, don't know if it matters, but I've been trying to post in the "Shippers Community" section.
    The upload feature doesn't really work right, and as far as I can tell it never has.. I personally recommend sites Like Imgur.com to insert images in to posts and signatures.

However the ability to add images to posts within shipping is not available to most members. Staff have the ability to post images.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

However the ability to add images to posts within shipping is not available to most members. Staff have the ability to post images.
    Oh, I see! That's probably where the issue lies, then. Is this a new rule? I could've sworn I've seen people post pictures in the shipping threads often. What is the reason for this restriction?

Thank you for helping out!

Quote Originally Posted by PikaWaltz View Post
    Oh, I see! That's probably where the issue lies, then. Is this a new rule? I could've sworn I've seen people post pictures in the shipping threads often. What is the reason for this restriction?

Thank you for helping out!
    You'll need to ask The Moderators of that Section. I almost never take alook in the Shipping section myself. (The last time I looked in there; I think the name of Emolgashipping for the pair I like. It's AirplaneShipping - Unova's Gym Leader's Elesa & Skyla.)

There are, or at least were ways around the block in question, however this could be gone in a upgrade years back.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Sometimes it just takes some time, it takes time to do, and staff on here has RL stuff to deal with as well.
    Cool, I've never done it before so I wasn't sure and wondered if it had been forgotten. I can be patient...alright well not always but in this case I can be.

You'll need to ask The Moderators of that Section. I almost never take alook in the Shipping section myself. (The last time I looked in there; I think the name of Emolgashipping for the pair I like. It's AirplaneShipping - Unova's Gym Leader's Elesa & Skyla.)

There are, or at least were ways around the block in question, however this could be gone in a upgrade years back.
    Oh, ok, I'll see if I can ask the Moderators about it then. I have seen people post pictures, even rather big ones, in the shipping threads, so perhaps there is some way?
    Thank you again for explaining and helping me! ^^
    Last edited by PikaWaltz; 30th November 2016 at 4:01 PM.

So, I have a question regarding my signature...

I got an infraction for a GIF that was too large, and since then I've removed it. But now I really want to insert a trainer card image in. But when I go to edit, the restrictions say that I can't add any pictures or GIFs. Does this mean I'm perma-banned from adding them in? If not, how long does the effect last? Sorry, I'm just really confused and I want to put this picture in without receiving an infraction.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?
    Fanfiction.net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    So, I have a question regarding my signature...

I got an infraction for a GIF that was too large, and since then I've removed it. But now I really want to insert a trainer card image in. But when I go to edit, the restrictions say that I can't add any pictures or GIFs. Does this mean I'm perma-banned from adding them in? If not, how long does the effect last? Sorry, I'm just really confused and I want to put this picture in without receiving an infraction.
    I've just said this a few days ago: The upload feature doesn't really work right, and as far as I can tell it never has.. I personally recommend sites Like Imgur.com to insert images in to posts and signatures.

I've only used the upload feature twice, soon after forum upgrade, and regretted it since.

Be aware that Animated GIFs may have a Large file size and could easily break 500KB limit we have. Editing a large Animated GIF may be more tricky given the file size limit above. I've seen some people break a trainer card image, with a small animated section in to multiple parts to give the illusion of one large image.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

I've just said this a few days ago: The upload feature doesn't really work right, and as far as I can tell it never has.. I personally recommend sites Like Imgur.com to insert images in to posts and signatures.

I've only used the upload feature twice, soon after forum upgrade, and regretted it since.

Be aware that Animated GIFs may have a Large file size and could easily break 500KB limit we have. Editing a large Animated GIF may be more tricky given the file size limit above. I've seen some people break a trainer card image, with a small animated section in to multiple parts to give the illusion of one large image.
    That's not quite what I mean. I already got an infraction for a GIF that was too large. When I went to add a picture in the bit at the bottom that says "Yes" or "No" for what I'm allowed to add in to my signature, it said No for both pictures and GIFs. I was wondering if the ban would be lifted.

Credit to American--Pi for the amazing banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Do you touch yourself to XY Ash every night?
    Fanfiction.net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    That's not quite what I mean. I already got an infraction for a GIF that was too large. When I went to add a picture in the bit at the bottom that says "Yes" or "No" for what I'm allowed to add in to my signature, it said No for both pictures and GIFs. I was wondering if the ban would be lifted.
    It's been turned off for me, too. I don't think the "ban" would be lifted, as It appears to be for everyone. The two uploads that I've done was during the time I had special Permissions, the only options I've currently have is to delete them.

The reason for no uploads could come down to the same reason for no custom Avatars for non-staff. It takes up too much space given that there are many users on this forum.
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

If you want to add an image, try using the [img][/img] tags around the URL of the picture. In your signature permissions, the Can Use Image BBCode should be on, and that will allow you to post a picture in your signature.

Hi!
    I'm a new member and I have something bothering me about wonder trade I just did in Omega Ruby but I don't really know where to post/ask. What thread am I supposed to open for that?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by UlfAzura View Post
    Hi!
    I'm a new member and I have something bothering me about wonder trade I just did in Omega Ruby but I don't really know where to post/ask. What thread am I supposed to open for that?
    Thanks in advance
    Wonder trade is partners you with a Random player which is online and also looking for a Wonder Trade and performs the trade with you.

We do have a thread for most ORAS Questions: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...re-Help-Thread

We also have a Gen 6 Trade forum for XY and ORAS: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...71-Trade-Forum (A ORAS Player can trade with a X or Y player, with a few item exceptions.)
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com
    on
    Bleep Bloop-Combo?

Oh thanks so much!

Hello,

I have a question about this article : www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle

I don't get this part :
    "In the encounter listings, there are up to 8 different rows of Pokémon and when a Pokémon calls for help, it will select a random encounter row and give you a Pokémon of the same slot in that row as the Pokémon you are facing. Our Pokéarth Section allows for checking these tables."

I want to know what are the odds of encountering which pokémon in an sos battle when i'm facing a specific pokémon

For example :
    Route 1
    First lsit of pokémons

Let's say i'm facing a pikipek
    What are the pokémons that this pikipek can call for help ? what are the odds of encounering each one ?
    (I know here it's 100% chance to encounter another Pikiped but where can I see this info on pokeharth ?)
    If I click on toogle SOS i only have a longer list with pokémons in duplicates and various number, I don't understand it.

Why sometimes we have in the list of pokémon that you can find in the grass other lines with "Additional S.O.S. Slot" and sometimes not ?

For example still on route 1 first patch don't have any mention of Additional S.O.S. Slot
    but you still can trigger sos battle on this slots

while on the third patch of grass you have line with Additional S.O.S. Slot
    (and a text saying Note: May not correspond. See S.O.S. Details that i don't understand either)

I would like to have a comprehensive lsit of which pokémon i may encounter

For example : I'm in Poni plains, I'm facing riolu
    What is the list of pokémon I can encounter in the sos slot ?
    what are the odds of encountering each of those pokémons ?

(What I need is not a hard answer to those question but an explication on how to understand the charts and pokémon lists that i can find in pokeharth to answer those question myself)

Thank you very much by advance for your help

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast