Page 568 of 590 FirstFirst ... 468518558564565566567568569570571572578 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,200 of 14727

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Reggie has pretty much hinted that a cloud service is in the works. Someone had sent their Switch for repairs after losing their data, but when it came back, all of the data was "magically" restored.

...And for goodness' sake, I doubt little children will want to pay an extra $20 to use online. The main bulk of the series is staying on handhelds. If something real important comes out for the Switch, it'll surely be another Pokemon Colosseum-kind of thing.

~ Big adventures start with big bites ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Super Mario Odyssey - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    Given the amount of time that needs to be devoted to making competitive ready Pokemon (or if you have any emotional attachments to a certain Pokemon) if said Pokemon are on the Switch and something goes wrong with it, all your hard work just went down the drain. It is even harder losing Pokemon you are attached to as you cannot recreate experiences you had with said Pokemon.
    The point I was trying to make was more along the line of it's not an issue because it's not going to happen enough to matter. I realize how devastating losing your Pokemon save data could be, but it's just not going to happen commonly enough for it to be an issue. If anything, I feel like you're probably more likely to lose the tiny game cartridge than you are to damage you system.

Or if you want another comparison, it's no different than getting a digital download of a Pokemon game on the 3DS. The save data is directly tied to system in that case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    ...And for goodness' sake, I doubt little children will want to pay an extra $20 to use online. The main bulk of the series is staying on handhelds. If something real important comes out for the Switch, it'll surely be another Pokemon Colosseum-kind of thing.
    So even putting aside the more controversial idea of "Stars" on the Switch, you don't think that Gen VIII will be on the Switch? Seeing as the Switch is, for all intents and purposes, a handheld, and the 3DS is at the end of its life span, I see little reason to doubt that Gen VIII will be on the Switch. There's really no reason to stay on the 3DS at all.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    So even putting aside the more controversial idea of "Stars" on the Switch, you don't think that Gen VIII will be on the Switch? Seeing as the Switch is, for all intents and purposes, a handheld, and the 3DS is at the end of its life span, I see little reason to doubt that Gen VIII will be on the Switch. There's really no reason to stay on the 3DS at all.
    There is. The 3DS has two screens. That's all the difference it needs instead of being a portable PS3 with no love. Plus, there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people on that one that profits would be massive in one week alone.

On another note, the team that works on the main Pokemon games? They haven't really done a console title. Ever.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 18th April 2017 at 3:17 AM.

The 3DS has two screens.
    So? Pokemon used to only be on one screen, and there really isn't anything about it that absolutely needs the second screen. For battles, just overlay the UI onto the battle screen. No big deal. As for the overworld, it's never really used the bottom screen to any high degree. In Sun and Moon it's just a map. That can be removed with ease.

Plus, there's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people on that one that profits would be massive in one week alone.
    I'm not sure I get what you're saying. Are you claiming that the number of people on the 3DS would lead to better sales? If so, maybe that's true, but that's also the case anytime a console changeover happens. Doesn't mean they should stay on the old console.

On another note, the team that works on the main Pokemon games? They haven't really done a console title. Ever.
    There's a first time for everything.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    Given the amount of time that needs to be devoted to making competitive ready Pokemon (or if you have any emotional attachments to a certain Pokemon) if said Pokemon are on the Switch and something goes wrong with it, all your hard work just went down the drain. It is even harder losing Pokemon you are attached to as you cannot recreate experiences you had with said Pokemon.
    Okay, but the same goes for plenty of other games. Think about how they're developing a main series Fire Emblem title for the Switch - lots of time investment, lots of character interaction, the whole thing. Very similar reasons to avoid it - and yet, they're doing it.

Claiming that there are problems with translating the Pokemon experience to a new console, when that console may very well be the only one for a few years if the handheld and home divisions do merge, only inhibits progress and innovation within the series.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

I have a feeling that FE sales are going to be used as barometers by a number of people, both with Echoes vs. Awakening, Fates and with New 3DS Warriors vs. Switch Warriors

oh wait, wrong thread!

what I meant to say was that times change and technology improves, and you really think the Switch isn't a handheld?

Quote Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
    I found something else out that could be disastrous for Pokemon on the Switch.
    Just as "disasterous" as the first thing you "found out." I can only imagine what the third will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    what I meant to say was that times change and technology improves, and you really think the Switch isn't a handheld?
    Logic and reason don't mean anything anymore. Let's just keep shouting things like "all the save files are on the Switch itself!" and "Game Freak has never made a console title!" like they mean anything and claim it passes for reasonable discussion.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I guess a main line title could somehow end up on the Switch, though I'd also guess that would happen long after the demand to actually get a chance to buy the console has gone down. Something Pokemon related would seriously keep the demand even higher to absurd degrees if it were to happen in the next few months.

I guess a main line title could somehow end up on the Switch, though I'd also guess that would happen long after the demand to actually get a chance to buy the console has gone down. Something Pokemon related would seriously keep the demand even higher to absurd degrees if it were to happen in the next few months.
    Really? Well good thing I preordered one today when I had the chance.

I'll be honest, I mostly skimmed this whole "Pokemon on Switch" thing, and I don't get what the problem is, if there even is one.

Please note, I am not playing Pokemon as dedicated as before.
    Friend Code: 3926-5853-1176
    In-Game name (AS, Sun): Ishii
    IGN (UM): Ish
    Discord: Xenomata #2036
    Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST, GMT -8)

Spoiler:- Breeding Projects. "Show Spoiler" to see what I have planned for the future:

Hey guys, I have a question. It's about Pinap Berry and Bluk Berry. What can they do? I find it odd it does not fit into the game...unless I am missing something.
    I love Buizel!

Current games I played: Pokemon X , Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Moon and Pokemon UltraMoon(Will soon play later once I am done with Moon)

My Alpha Sapphire team: STAND BY...
    Lucky Shiny Catch: Luna(X) , Luke(AS)
    Shiny Hunt: Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by SkiesBuizel View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question. It's about Pinap Berry and Bluk Berry. What can they do? I find it odd it does not fit into the game...unless I am missing something.
    In Sun and Moon, nothing at all. They were designed for games like Ruby and Sapphire or Diamond and Pearl where you could use berries to make PokeBlock/Poffins. The berries would help a certain contest stat. They exist now solely as legacy items. (Or for when they bring back contests again in Diamond and Pearl remakes)

Check it out!

Just signed up for the tournament! I've been itching to get Mega Sceptile.

Now I will avenge Sawyer. MWAHAHAHAHA

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

The games where certain Berries are useless in terms of held item status are FRLG, BW, BW2, XY, and SM. In all those games the Berries are used to trade for other items, enhance stats by talking to a specific person, make medicine, and to dye items different colors.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Just signed up for the tournament! I've been itching to get Mega Sceptile.

Now I will avenge Sawyer. MWAHAHAHAHA
    Kind of an empty revenge plot, though. Ha ha.

...How is this any different from how the 3DS / cartridge handles the save data, anyway? And for god's sake, you're criticizing a paid application that essentially charges you 5 chocolate bars in a whole year.
    Plus you get a couple hundred free battle points per year.
    F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
    U - for Uranium, Bomb!
    N - is for No Survivors...

3DS friend code 2552 2930 8097
    Secret Base profile: http://mini-info.net/galleries/misc/...SecretBase.png
    WTT for: Monsoon & River Vivillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    In Sun and Moon, nothing at all. They were designed for games like Ruby and Sapphire or Diamond and Pearl where you could use berries to make PokeBlock/Poffins. The berries would help a certain contest stat. They exist now solely as legacy items. (Or for when they bring back contests again in Diamond and Pearl remakes)
    Ah okay. It would makes sense that Pinap Berry is like a version of Pineapple on islands. Thanks!
    I love Buizel!

Current games I played: Pokemon X , Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Moon and Pokemon UltraMoon(Will soon play later once I am done with Moon)

My Alpha Sapphire team: STAND BY...
    Lucky Shiny Catch: Luna(X) , Luke(AS)
    Shiny Hunt: Not yet

I'm a little concerned about the next Global Mission actually.

Like, will it count any Pokebeans you pick up, or does it only count beans that are added to your total, meaning that if you are maxed out on beans, no beans you pick up will count?

Please note, I am not playing Pokemon as dedicated as before.
    Friend Code: 3926-5853-1176
    In-Game name (AS, Sun): Ishii
    IGN (UM): Ish
    Discord: Xenomata #2036
    Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST, GMT -8)

Spoiler:- Breeding Projects. "Show Spoiler" to see what I have planned for the future:

Quote Originally Posted by Xatuish View Post
    I'm a little concerned about the next Global Mission actually.

Like, will it count any Pokebeans you pick up, or does it only count beans that are added to your total, meaning that if you are maxed out on beans, no beans you pick up will count?
    It's just harvesting. Not the ones you already have.

I just realized Sun and Moon is about an immigrant coming to the United States.

Coincidence? Obviously. But it's still rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post

i'd argue that Alola is closer to respresenting Polynesia in region form more so than being the hawaii of the US. BW is what represents US in my mind for pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post

Difference here being Hawaii gets many Japanese visitors, so it's a reference to that.

well this seriously sucks, i might as well give up on trying to getting the Hoenn mega stones. ive been trying 1-2 times each day since the participation date started to register for the new competition but it only mentions that the previous competition has ended and shunts me back to the battle option . i havent cheated/hacked nor had issues connecting (no special denial error code) to the PGL server and PGL support is 3 days into my support question with only an automated answer. i hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.

am i really the only one where the game cant see that the april battle comp is open for participation?

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    well this seriously sucks, i might as well give up on trying to getting the Hoenn mega stones. ive been trying 1-2 times each day since the participation date started to register for the new competition but it only mentions that the previous competition has ended and shunts me back to the battle option . i havent cheated/hacked nor had issues connecting (no special denial error code) to the PGL server and PGL support is 3 days into my support question with only an automated answer. i hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.

am i really the only one where the game cant see that the april battle comp is open for participation?
    I don't think the game will recognize anything for the April comp until it starts, but that registration on PGL error is concerning. It's probably no help- but when you enter PGL is it under the correct region once you login?
    NN ID: Wryteous
    3DS FC: 2036-7898-1385
    Trainer Name: Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Wryteous View Post
    I don't think the game will recognize anything for the April comp until it starts, but that registration on PGL error is concerning. It's probably no help- but when you enter PGL is it under the correct region once you login?
    oh it certainly shows on my login PGL site that i "can" (the quotations are key LOL ) register for the april contest if i want to but i still cant register for the darn competition in the end. im gonna continue my vain attempts 1-3 times a day and hope they fix the damn thing. i hope that i get a reply from PGL/GF or who ever is in charge of support before i lose my chance to get the megas.

and yes that POL error is certainly concerning if it consistently hits me. im just hoping i can register for the future competition where i can get M-Gardevoir. hopefully they get this BS error under control.

sorry if this post comes off as a bit strong, im a bit salty that it wont let me register for the battles.
    Last edited by nel3; 23rd April 2017 at 8:48 AM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    before i lose my chance to get the megas
    The worst case scenario is that you end up waiting the few months and getting the Gardevoirite via public serial code later on. You won't be shut out of the Mega Stone permanently.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 568 of 590 FirstFirst ... 468518558564565566567568569570571572578 ... LastLast