Page 1 of 569 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Default Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Happy 20th Anniversary Pokémon! Pokémon Sun and Moon officially announced for a worldwide release in Holiday 2016 during today's Direct!

Described as a game with a "new world, new Pokémon and new adventures", this game has officially been slated as a release for the 3DS in Holiday 2016.

Watch the Pokémon Sun and Moon teaser, featuring trucks and what looks like a new bird Pokémon, here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...-pokemon-moon/

The Red/Blue/Yellow Virtual Console releases will be compatible with Sun and Moon via Pokémon Bank, but XYORAS will not be compatible with the former: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...n-pokemon-moon

For additional still photos: https://m.imgur.com/account/GamingNe...images/b7WgBln

It's heavily implied that this is a new generation; what are your thoughts and hopes on the announcement of the newest instalments in the franchise?
    Last edited by hydrosharp_98; 26th February 2016 at 4:53 PM.
    Pokéballing since 2001

I'm very excited for the games!I hope Corocoro has something for us in March or at least April.

My main hopes are at least 100 new pokemon (not just megas, pre evos and evos) and some new megas as well. Hopefully the story line and evil team are better and make more sense as well.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Definitely excited for these new games!
    I'm also thrilled by the idea that we will be able to transfer our Pokčmon from the virtual console games to the new ones!
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 18/12/2016

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Definitely excited for these new games!
    I'm also thrilled by the idea that we will be able to transfer our Pokčmon from the virtual console games to the new ones!
    Aetius! Haven't been present with you on a thread since the XYORAS announcements, great to have you here!
    I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps we will have a region filled initially with only new Pokémon? Would give us a reason to both buy RBY on VC, and complete the Dex once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Burningocean2012 View Post
    I'm very excited for the games!I hope Corocoro has something for us in March or at least April.
    I certainly hope we get something soon. Remember, this was a Pokémon Direct and not an official Nintendo Direct, and we're overdue one of those (most likely before E3 for some news on the NX). Exciting times for the franchise again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    My main hopes are at least 100 new pokemon (not just megas, pre evos and evos) and some new megas as well. Hopefully the story line and evil team are better and make more sense as well.
    couldn't agree more
    Last edited by hydrosharp_98; 26th February 2016 at 4:57 PM.
    Pokéballing since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    Aetius! Haven't been present with you on a thread since the XYORAS announcements, great to have you here!
    I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps we will have a region filled initially with only new Pokémon? Would give us a reason to both buy RBY on VC, and complete the Dex once again!
    Maybe it's because I didn't feel the need to add anything else to what was already said in those thread! XD
    I too am glad to be able to discuss with you once more!
    Anyway yeah, I seriously hope that we will have new Pokčmon only.
    I don't want it to be like XY was....
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 18/12/2016

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

It's already unlikely to be new Pokemon only, due to the concept art's high presence of old Pokemon.
    Gay and Proud.
    Sun (Anthony): Rowlet, Bruxish, Salandit
    Moon (Alba): Popplio, Pikipek, Cutiefly, Lurantis, Oricorio

Quote Originally Posted by Aromatic Mist View Post
    It's already unlikely to be new Pokemon only, due to the concept art's high presence of old Pokemon.
    Good point. Though, it could be like in previous game where we didn't have access to some Pokémon that others did (either way, we now have added incentive to purchase RBY on VC, like RBY on VC wasn't enough of an incentive)
    Pokéballing since 2001

Well, one thing is certain. That concept doesn't remind me of Europe at all, so my theory that the next region would be based off England is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    Good point. Though, it could be like in previous game where we didn't have access to some Pokémon that others did (either way, we now have added incentive to purchase RBY on VC, like RBY on VC wasn't enough of an incentive)
    I think it would be completely absurd... 20 year of pokemon. They are going to COMBINE all generations in one in my opinion somehow and for that they have to celebrate the existance of every single pokemon. They stated: "all comes together" !!!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Well, one thing is certain. That concept doesn't remind me of Europe at all, so my theory that the next region would be based off England is dead.
    The other buildings looked pretty european to me though. What do you think?

the game better have at least 100 to 150 new pokemon not counting Mega Evolutions.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Im still believing it would be England or UK. Tropical climate in just a pre-release screenshot doesn't means too much for me since we had a desert in the middle of a NY-based region... and i really don't know what would be the base of Lentimas Town

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    the game better have at least 100 to 150 new pokemon not counting Mega Evolutions.
    I'm thinking again around 70 pokémon with 15-20 mega's.
    My 3DS games:

Mario Kart 7 (11)
    Resident Evil: Revelations (11)
    Super Mario 3D Land (11)
    Fifa 13 (12)
    Fire Emblem: Awakening (12)
    Bravely Default (13)
    Pokémon Y (13)
    The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (13)
    Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (14)
    Pokémon Omega Ruby (14)
    Super Smash Bros For Nintendo 3DS (14)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (15)
    Bravely Second: End Layer (16)
    Dragon Quest VII Fragments Of The Forgotten Past (16)
    Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (16)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (16)
    Monster Hunter Generations (16)
    Yo-Kai Watch (16)

Coming Soon

Pokémon Sun (16)
    Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King (17)
    Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits (17)

I'm really excited for these games. My three wishes are that I hope there will be a lot more new Pokemon added than in X and Y, only 5-10 new Megas, and that the game is more difficult than X/Y and ORAS were.
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...

FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

#TeamLitten #TeamSun
    I've claimed Monferno!
    Ran into Dragonite in Pokemon Go and it fled :'(

I think its actually pretty cool that the VC core titles will be compatible with PokeBank. Gen 1 had some different TMs like Bubble Beam, Metronome, Pay Day, Rage, Bide, etc. so who knows, that could cause more egg moves for certain Pokemon and such. Now GSC needs a VC release to close the loop.

Having said that, I am wholeheartedly convinced this is Gen 7, and Game Freak has become characteristically unpredictable. I'm eager to see the new starters. Game Freak has clearly increased its amount of staff or they simply have so much experience under their belt that they can churn out core titles at a much faster rate.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

The Japanese logos are featuring a comet, so this game will definitely have a something space related.

In addition, Moon's logo is featuring a yellow Revive-like item, whereas Sun's logo is featuring a blue Revive-like item, so the mascots will likely be switched much like BW.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Okay, first of all: YAAAAAASSSSSS!

I'm so freaking excited! I hope he see the starters soon!
    I MM'd a shiny shinx only 39 eggs, no shiny charm/o power! 3/9/2015

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Trade shop, come and browse! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post17690690

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

I've claimed Beartic!

I am hoping to be bombarded by new Pokemon, but I am expecting a lot of new Mega Evolution. It will probably get the same treatment to that of XY, but I am not complaining. A new generation means something to be busy and hyped about in the next three years! Seriously happy for the announcement!

This may be a completely stupid thing to say/ask, but I'm confused, are they saying that our Pokemon from X/Y/OR/AS can't be transferred from PokeBank to the new games or am I reading that wrong? Sorry for the stupid question but yeah, that's how I've read it ��
    Jayce's PokePet

Anubis the level 69 Lucario!
    Check out my maps, I think you might like them!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=271550

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmelody View Post
    The other buildings looked pretty european to me though. What do you think?
    A lot of tropical countries were european colonies so their older architecture looks quite european. The building might look a bit gothic but the outside doesn't look british at all.
    My guess is that it is based off Singapore, like a lot of people are talking about.

Im still believing it would be england or UK. Tropical climate in just a pre-releasw screenshot doesn't means too much for me since we had a desert in the middle of a NY-based region and i really don't know what would be the base of Lentimas Town
    Not that weird tbh. Unova is mostly based off NY, but there are cities that look a lot like other american places such as Humilau City (Hawaii) and the PokéStar studios (Hollywood). Considering that California has deserts and other places from the west used to have deserts too, it isn't surprising that Unova has deserts because it still follows the pattern of basing their cities on american places. It isn't as weird as a tropical city in the middle of England.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 26th February 2016 at 5:45 PM.

I'm so excited for this, I hope there's a bunch of new Pokemon can't wait for more to be revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDiaruga69 View Post
    This may be a completely stupid thing to say/ask, but I'm confused, are they saying that our Pokemon from X/Y/OR/AS can't be transferred from PokeBank to the new games or am I reading that wrong? Sorry for the stupid question but yeah, that's how I've read it ��

"Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way."

It is the exact opposite, actually.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

The bird Pokemon looked kinda like a woodpecker to me.

Also super glad these games are a thing. I love sun/moon motifs in just about anything.

Loving the concept art right now, and can't wait for future updates! Wonder what is with all the vehicles- my favorite is the blastoise one lol.

Here is what I think:

- The region will still be based in Europe (Italy/Greece)
    - The mascots will be based on Gods
    - The gen 2 starters are gonna get mega evolutions and you'll get to pick one
    - The region will be connected, most likely by train, to the kalos region where we can go post game
    - Zygarde's story arc will be like that of Rayquaza in ORAS and occur post game in the kalos region
    - Zinnia will make an appearance
    - There will be some kind of event involving Volcanion and Magiana
    - The game takes place after the events of XY and the battle frontier is now ready

I know 2 regions and a battle frontier sounds like too much but HGSS pulled it off and this is the franchise's 20th anniversary so there's an incentive to do more than usual.
    I also think that this would be the perfect opportunity to make the story more mature and have AZ finally become mortal again and die so you, the player, can inherit the eternal flower floette from him (which I don't think he would voluntarily give up if kept alive).

Page 1 of 569 123451151101 ... LastLast