Page 588 of 588 FirstFirst ... 488538578584585586587588
Results 14,676 to 14,685 of 14685

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

  1. #14676
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Checked with GameStop today, Salazzle Pokémon cards are there and street date for promo starts on the 14th. I'm in SoCal, just fyi.
    3DS Friend Code: 5343-7935-6882
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat

  2. #14677
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    9,125

    Default

    HP Fire Tapu Lele will be the death of me.

    Actually HP fire on legendaries in general is a horrendous waiting game. Why can't can't Synchronize just guarantee a nature? :/

    EDIT: My luck must have been off the roof today, it only took about 4hrs lmao. This just doesn't feel right...
    Last edited by Mr. Reloaded; 12th August 2017 at 7:06 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

  3. #14678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Checked with GameStop today, Salazzle Pokémon cards are there and street date for promo starts on the 14th. I'm in SoCal, just fyi.
    Oooh! I'm actually kind of excited for that event. Salazzle is a great pokemon, and I could RNG manipulate it to have 6ivs easy so I won't have to breed a comp one (I bred a perfect one once but it was male!!!)
    OT: Vlinny, FC: 2552-3278-3638

  4. #14679
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    is anyone here interested in the new no holds barred tourney? i did the other tourneys for the mega stones though i only wanted a few select ones. i honestly dont know if i'll join this new tourney as there is nothing special about it aside from the fact only a few barred legendary pkmn are banned. even the 50 BP award isnt that much compared to the gains from free PKbank BP awards. i might join the tourney for the simple reason that its a guaranteed 45 battles of 6v6 as compared to meager/sparse challengers while in the plaza grounds (not battle spot). though, once the no hold barred rules are available in battle spot then its likely to be slightly improved odds for easier 6v6 battles.

    3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

    latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

  5. #14680
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Riding the Hexpress
    Posts
    966

    Default

    I may join the No Holds Barred tourney to get the free Battle Points though it is shame you can't change Pokémon natures on a whim since I would like to use some of the Mythical Pokémon (the ones I got from the events last year probably have horrible natures). Those looking to shoot for high rankings may face an uphill battle by virtual of Japanese players being the only ones with legal access to Marshadow though.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!


    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

  6. #14681
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Necropolis
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    is anyone here interested in the new no holds barred tourney? i did the other tourneys for the mega stones though i only wanted a few select ones. i honestly dont know if i'll join this new tourney as there is nothing special about it aside from the fact only a few barred legendary pkmn are banned. even the 50 BP award isnt that much compared to the gains from free PKbank BP awards. i might join the tourney for the simple reason that its a guaranteed 45 battles of 6v6 as compared to meager/sparse challengers while in the plaza grounds (not battle spot). though, once the no hold barred rules are available in battle spot then its likely to be slightly improved odds for easier 6v6 battles.
    I'm not bothering with it. Without the restrictions on items and Pokemon I can see everyone bringing the most overpowered stuff they have and I don't have anything that can deal with that. I don't like using standard Pokemon and I certainly don't like facing them. I find it really boring. I don't like online battling anyway and 6v6 is far too much for me unless I'm playing against friends. If it was Mega Stone rewards or something decent like unavailable HA Pokemon I may have entered but definitely not for 50BP. I can easily farm that in a few hours myself anyway.

  7. #14682
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hi, I'm new to link trading and want to ask a few questions about it.
    If I get a met online person to agree to do link trading with me how am I to assure we end up having access to eachothers festival plazas? Friend code right?
    If that's true, would using the friend code bring them to my FP, allowing me to vip them?

    Bonus question
    Do people generally value shinies highly enough to merit trading away their rare/event mons?

  8. #14683
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    is anyone here interested in the new no holds barred tourney? i did the other tourneys for the mega stones though i only wanted a few select ones. i honestly dont know if i'll join this new tourney as there is nothing special about it aside from the fact only a few barred legendary pkmn are banned. even the 50 BP award isnt that much compared to the gains from free PKbank BP awards. i might join the tourney for the simple reason that its a guaranteed 45 battles of 6v6 as compared to meager/sparse challengers while in the plaza grounds (not battle spot). though, once the no hold barred rules are available in battle spot then its likely to be slightly improved odds for easier 6v6 battles.
    I'm not. I'm boycotting it as I consider it an unfair competition and a shame of GameFreak to host such a thing. It's discrimination to allow Marshadow in it while only Japan gets Marshadow, especially considering Marshadow is going to be one of the most powerful things legal in the tournament and one of the very few checks to Coil Zygarde (especially with the Kyurem fusions banned). It's putting people from other countries at a disadvantage for no reason other than because they happen to live in a different country. GameFreak has always done that with events, heck, here in the Netherlands Celebi wasn't distributed until gen 6, but that never mattered as long as they were banned in competitions anyway. With the speed of the internet these days and the ease of distributing things, I think it's just very sad of GameFreak to still stick to discrimination like that in 2017.

    Quote Originally Posted by DHooley87 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to link trading and want to ask a few questions about it.
    If I get a met online person to agree to do link trading with me how am I to assure we end up having access to eachothers festival plazas? Friend code right?
    If that's true, would using the friend code bring them to my FP, allowing me to vip them?

    Bonus question
    Do people generally value shinies highly enough to merit trading away their rare/event mons?
    You add each other through the friend system on the 3DS with your friend codes, and then in-game on the Festival plaza they will be marked as a friend in the guest list. Once you're both online at festival plaza, just use the Link Trade button and select the other person in the list to send the trade request. Don't bother with whose sprites spawn visibly in the plaza, that's just random. Some of them aren't even real players and there's no guarantee the other person spawns visibly. If you want to VIP them, you can page them when they're online and VIP them when they spawn inside the castle.

    As for the shinies, it just depends. Some people do, some people don't, for some it depends on the shiny and whether or not it's competitive. Remember that a lot is hacked or cloned out there, and some people care about shinies and others don't. I personally don't really care too much about them.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 19th August 2017 at 10:03 AM.

  9. #14684
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    I'm not. I'm boycotting it as I consider it an unfair competition and a shame of GameFreak to host such a thing. It's discrimination to allow Marshadow in it while only Japan gets Marshadow, especially considering Marshadow is going to be one of the most powerful things legal in the tournament and one of the very few checks to Coil Zygarde (especially with the Kyurem fusions banned). It's putting people from other countries at a disadvantage for no reason other than because they happen to live in a different country. GameFreak has always done that with events, heck, here in the Netherlands Celebi wasn't distributed until gen 6, but that never mattered as long as they were banned in competitions anyway. With the speed of the internet these days and the ease of distributing things, I think it's just very sad of GameFreak to still stick to discrimination like that in 2017.
    I live in Europe like you, so for the event distribution i agree but it's to blame TPC and in particular TPCi (The Pokémon Company international, a subsidiary of TPC), not Game Freak, for the event distrimination.
    For many things TCPi is really bland compared to TPC (this last one operates in Japan and in many asian contries)
    Last edited by 04n70n10; 19th August 2017 at 11:20 AM.

  10. #14685
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    I'm not. I'm boycotting it as I consider it an unfair competition and a shame of GameFreak to host such a thing. It's discrimination to allow Marshadow in it while only Japan gets Marshadow, especially considering Marshadow is going to be one of the most powerful things legal in the tournament and one of the very few checks to Coil Zygarde (especially with the Kyurem fusions banned). It's putting people from other countries at a disadvantage for no reason other than because they happen to live in a different country. GameFreak has always done that with events, heck, here in the Netherlands Celebi wasn't distributed until gen 6, but that never mattered as long as they were banned in competitions anyway. With the speed of the internet these days and the ease of distributing things, I think it's just very sad of GameFreak to still stick to discrimination like that in 2017.
    Wow, are they really going to allow something like that? That's beyond ridiculous and unfair. I never really had an interest in online battles but this kind of treatment bugs me as well. But well I couldn't expect anything better from TCPi...

Page 588 of 588 FirstFirst ... 488538578584585586587588

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •