Page 575 of 576 FirstFirst ... 475525565571572573574575576 LastLast
Results 14,351 to 14,375 of 14383

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Battle Videos are useless.

The way to go is purchasing a $400 capture card for your 3DS.

~ Catria, get down from there. You're teasing your pegasus. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Puyo Puyo Tetris - Walkthrough

So uh, what ever happened to those three Mega Stones for the Hoenn starters that we were supposed to get for participating in last month's online tourney?

They decided not to distribute them because LOL TROLLFREAK STRIKES AGAIN

Hah, no, that's not what happened. Can you imagine? They simply haven't distributed the entry gift yet, is all. Watch the main site.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Lol, I forgot they were a prize.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Lol, I forgot they were a prize.
    Mega Evolution is sooo 2013.

I don't think I even used more than half the Megas during gen 6. This includes the ORAS ones.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Mega Evolution is sooo 2013.
    And Z-Moves are sooo 2016... because they suck. Really, all the good they have is fancy animations. Nothing else. I have used more Megas in my life than Z-Moves lol

Hopefully DP remakes will introduce new Megas. C'mon GF!

Banner made by Satomine Night

I've used like over 600 Z-moves, hardly any Megas.

Only Megas I have used were Lucario, Metagross, Gyarados and Sableye. I must have used each Z-Crystal at least 20 times except species specific ones

ive hardly used any megas BC i saw no particular use for them as the better items ie life orb Lucario and i also havent really seen any wanted pkmn to use the other megas yet. as for Z moves thats a big fat 0 so far and into the far future. i avoid them and didnt even use the pikachu Z move in the demo. im just waiting for the right megas to start the evolutions. z moves really missed the mark as far as i see them.

it really does bother me that they dont let any megas in the online competitions. it would be much more fun if they even let "older" avaialble gen7 megas in the game. even the use of national dex in the competitions will be a welcome change.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I believe I used 1,314 Z-moves so far. That's what I remember it being the last time someone in my Festival Plaza said "Battle! Battle!" XD

This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen of Alola.
    She's also a people person and loves to help out fellow
    Pokemon Sunsters and Moonsters.

My FC: 4742-8614-1947. Please PM me if you need help
    evolving Pokemon, getting Dex entries, or need some Sun-exclusive
    Festival Plaza shop. I may be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    z moves really missed the mark as far as i see them.
    That's great as far as you see them... but they didn't miss the mark at all. They're a tactical tool to use, a one-shot, super-powered attack that needs a hold item to activate and can make or break your battle, depending on how you choose to use it. "Choose" being an operative term, because you can elect to build a strategy around them, or you can elect to not. Just like Mega Evolutions, coincidentally.

We get that you hate Z-Moves with a passion and for whatever reason believe they're the worst thing the franchise has ever done. Really. We get it. We do.

-----
    Words to|live by

I like Z-moves. They're fun to watch and see what they do and I also like a lot of poses that the player character has to do to make them work. They're quite convenient as well when I want to end a wild Pokemon battle quickly.

On a different topic, has anyone else noticed that the guests that appear in your Festival Plaza when you're playing a type match ups mission, they will always say "I love ...-type Pokemon" and the question they will ask you will involve a Pokemon of that type? Just discovered that recently and thought it was kinda neat.

This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen of Alola.
    She's also a people person and loves to help out fellow
    Pokemon Sunsters and Moonsters.

My FC: 4742-8614-1947. Please PM me if you need help
    evolving Pokemon, getting Dex entries, or need some Sun-exclusive
    Festival Plaza shop. I may be able to help you out.

im just deathly allergic to anything that is overhyped. here try this!, its great and fun! sorry to say but that BS dont work on me. if they keep pushing/suggesting me to follow a certain pattern of battle then im likely to go against it. i just want to battle in my own style. i honestly see mega's are the superior item as you can get that stat boost and keep the boost as long as the pkmn hasnt fainted. z crystals for their nuking/stat boost can only be used once per battle. relying on 1 huge turn/item to change the tide of the battle seems like a huge waste to me. id rather have the continuous stat boost. while i dont mind dealing VS the Z status moves, depending on 1 single nuke is not the best strategy IMO. i see the nuking as desperate strategy to get past something you cant deal with, its just feels so cheap.
    Last edited by nel3; 19th May 2017 at 10:57 PM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

ere try this!, its great and fun! sorry to say but that BS dont work on me. if they keep pushing/suggesting me to follow a certain pattern of battle then im likely to go against it.
    And that's called being contrarian for the sake of it. Which is entirely your prerogative, but again, we do get it already. Your opinion on the matter has been written down, typed up and taped to the wall in the break room (next to the time clock so's everyone can see it).

i just want to battle in my own style.
    And the notion that you're being prevented from doing this is not accurate.

relying on 1 huge turn/item to change the tide of the battle seems like a huge waste to me. id rather have the continuous stat boost. while i dont mind dealing VS the Z status moves, depending on 1 single nuke is not the best strategy IMO. i see the nuking as desperate strategy to get past something you cant deal with, its just feels so cheap.
    You could try and tear down Mega Evolution the same way. Relying on one in-battle evolution to change the tide of the battle seems like a huge waste to me. Depending on a temporary power boost is not the best strategy, IMO. I see the Mega Evolution as desperate strategy to get past something you can't deal with, it just feels so cheap.

What if your Mega Evolution gets KO'd? Then what? You can't use another Mega Evolution, and you can't re-use your first one even if you're playing in-game and can revive it. It's almost as if both elements have their own strengths and weaknesses and give you something else to plan around and plan for, and to try and continuously put forth the case of "Z-Moves are awful and here are my personal reasons why" is just not productive discussion, much less doing so in a Sun & Moon discussion thread, where the concept is going to ostensibly be brought up repeatedly for the duration of this generation.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And that's called being contrarian for the sake of it. Which is entirely your prerogative, but again, we do get it already. Your opinion on the matter has been written down, typed up and taped to the wall in the break room (next to the time clock so's everyone can see it).

And the notion that you're being prevented from doing this is not accurate.

You could try and tear down Mega Evolution the same way. Relying on one in-battle evolution to change the tide of the battle seems like a huge waste to me. Depending on a temporary power boost is not the best strategy, IMO. I see the Mega Evolution as desperate strategy to get past something you can't deal with, it just feels so cheap.

What if your Mega Evolution gets KO'd? Then what? You can't use another Mega Evolution, and you can't re-use your first one even if you're playing in-game and can revive it. It's almost as if both elements have their own strengths and weaknesses and give you something else to plan around and plan for, and to try and continuously put forth the case of "Z-Moves are awful and here are my personal reasons why" is just not productive discussion, much less doing so in a Sun & Moon discussion thread, where the concept is going to ostensibly be brought up repeatedly for the duration of this generation.
    point well taken. mega evolving just seems like you're getting a "new" pokemon while the crystal is just more of an add-on. i'll just leave my contradictions/prejudices at that and let the productive discussion continue.

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

im just deathly allergic to anything that is overhyped. here try this!, its great and fun! sorry to say but that BS dont work on me. if they keep pushing/suggesting me to follow a certain pattern of battle then im likely to go against it. i just want to battle in my own style. i honestly see mega's are the superior item as you can get that stat boost and keep the boost as long as the pkmn hasnt fainted.
    I know it is bit late but this needs to be said.- you make it sound like GF NEVER pushed Megas like they did with Z moves in S/M... Back in X and Y and even in ORAS GF pushed Megas as "this new thing" and right now you ate it up like a starving puppy.

My name is Mimikyu, a loney mimikyu

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I like Z-moves. They're fun to watch and see what they do and I also like a lot of poses that the player character has to do to make them work. They're quite convenient as well when I want to end a wild Pokemon battle quickly.

On a different topic, has anyone else noticed that the guests that appear in your Festival Plaza when you're playing a type match ups mission, they will always say "I love ...-type Pokemon" and the question they will ask you will involve a Pokemon of that type? Just discovered that recently and thought it was kinda neat.
    Yeah, I've noticed this. It's why my greeting is Electric types. People need to be reminded of Vikavolt and how insanely fast it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed this. It's why my greeting is Electric types. People need to be reminded of Vikavolt and how insanely fast it is.
    In Trick Room, Vikavolt is hella fast... always moves first. It is such an underestimated Pokemon. It has gotten me out of many tizzies after Bruxish lays its Trick Room.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's great as far as you see them... but they didn't miss the mark at all. They're a tactical tool to use, a one-shot, super-powered attack that needs a hold item to activate and can make or break your battle, depending on how you choose to use it. "Choose" being an operative term, because you can elect to build a strategy around them, or you can elect to not. Just like Mega Evolutions, coincidentally.

We get that you hate Z-Moves with a passion and for whatever reason believe they're the worst thing the franchise has ever done. Really. We get it. We do.
    Found them better as a strategic option vs a massive nuke.

For example, a z-stockpile gives a free heal with the defense boosts. z- trick or treat raises all stats of the user while giving someone a ghost-type in battle.

Possibilities there are endless in a lot of ways. Take a Gourgeist on z-trick or treat, you get the stat boosts which give it a lot of bulk in XL form, support by providing a ghost-weakness for attackers and itself, and with the use of other moves, can still gain sustain in a 1 v 1 situation as full on wall against most threats.

Thing is, not a lot of people are using z-moves strategically like that in my experience. A few videos and situations here or there, but most of the time I see it as a nuke that works for some, but doesn't become a game changer in most battles.

Although a nuke is good sometimes...
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Finally got around to updating my game. The fact that my battle videos don't work anymore is quite upsetting but I recorded them with my phone beforehand so I do still have them. Not sure if they'll play on my un-updated Sun version (they were recorded in-game on v1.1) when I start that but I hope they do. I don't plan on using Sun to do anything online so I don't have to update it and at least I can now record more videos on Moon.

Also got my Level Ball and Rare Candy rewards from the PokeBeans Global Mission. I'm wondering when we'll finally get the Hoenn starter Mega Stones. It feels like it's been a lot longer of a wait than it did for the other competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem Aeternam View Post
    Finally got around to updating my game. The fact that my battle videos don't work anymore is quite upsetting but I recorded them with my phone beforehand so I do still have them. Not sure if they'll play on my un-updated Sun version (they were recorded in-game on v1.1) when I start that but I hope they do. I don't plan on using Sun to do anything online so I don't have to update it and at least I can now record more videos on Moon.

Also got my Level Ball and Rare Candy rewards from the PokeBeans Global Mission. I'm wondering when we'll finally get the Hoenn starter Mega Stones. It feels like it's been a lot longer of a wait than it did for the other competitions.
    It has been a longer wait, nearly two months in fact, the last competition stones were given out 11 days after the competition. No reasoning with why they have been delayed so long. But I can only hope that they come along very soon.
    NN ID: Wryteous
    3DS FC: 2036-7898-1385
    Trainer Name: Chris

I didn't sign up for the online tournament this time, because I still don't have those Hoenn Starter Mega Stones from the last one. I did all the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I didn't sign up for the online tournament this time, because I still don't have those Hoenn Starter Mega Stones from the last one. I did all the requirements.
    it not like having the missing Hoenn starters will make the code for the stones you get in the current competition null and void. yeah sure its a bummer that they have procrastinated on that as much as they have so far but the Hoenn codes will still come out. im still putting the effort to do the battles but i do know they'll bring the codes out eventually.

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I registered. This time I'll just enter a random team and just lose to win. Ha ha.

Anyone having problems getting their battles in? Could have sworn I registered but so far not letting me battle.

Almost lost to a NFE team on battle spot. That would have caused me to retire.

Page 575 of 576 FirstFirst ... 475525565571572573574575576 LastLast