Page 562 of 562 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562
Results 14,026 to 14,038 of 14038

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

I had to miss the last one because I was not near wifi during the competition time. Two of those days were spent on a train and plane.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    There is still the issue you cannot transfer items over by Poke Bank and given how annoying it was getting all the competitive battling essentials in Sun/Moon I don't think many people will want to go through the pain of re-obtaining said items again.

Edit: Yes, you can do breeding and training in Sun/Moon before transferring your Pokemon over but you still have to re-obtain items not found just lying around or given to you by a NPC.
    But for all intents and purposes, the only truly difficult items to obtain again are the Mega Stones. If they made them easily accessible in some shop or battle facility in a hypothetical Switch version, then the biggest concern would be pretty much entirely mitigated.
    ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Quote Originally Posted by Faithstrucalling View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've just starting playing Moon and I was wondering people's takes on trading: the game gives you the option to trade for all your favourite pokemon pretty early on.

I've traded to get my team completely flushed out on previous games (always starting with the first evolution then raising them) and found immediately after that I had lost the urge/excitement to play the game anymore. This time round I've decided to get 3 pokemon I want on my team (one of which being a Sun's Aloha exclusive) and get all others by catching in the wild.

I was wondering what other people's experiences and thoughts were? If you were to trade for a full team straight away do you lose the passion to play the game, find it too easy or even cheating in a weird way?

Thanks!
    Back when I played my first Pokemon game, I had a friend trade me a handful of level 40+ Pokemon and used those to blast through the game. I have regretted that decision ever since. Ever since then I have only played using Pokemon I captured myself in-game and the occasional version exclusive traded over from my brother's game at the appropriate level. Blasting through the game with such powerful Pokemon ruins a major part of the game and really renders it pointless if you ask me.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Faithstrucalling View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've just starting playing Moon and I was wondering people's takes on trading: the game gives you the option to trade for all your favourite pokemon pretty early on.

I've traded to get my team completely flushed out on previous games (always starting with the first evolution then raising them) and found immediately after that I had lost the urge/excitement to play the game anymore. This time round I've decided to get 3 pokemon I want on my team (one of which being a Sun's Aloha exclusive) and get all others by catching in the wild.

I was wondering what other people's experiences and thoughts were? If you were to trade for a full team straight away do you lose the passion to play the game, find it too easy or even cheating in a weird way?

Thanks!
    First playthroughs for me are always exploring the content yourself. By & large, I avoid trading or cheesing anything. Play the game & enjoy the story and the team you build along the way.

i honestly dont mind getting a team of wanted pkmn over the early options in the game. in OR i sent over lvl 20-30 to a new game but regretted it only BC i couldnt use half of them in first gym battles. i later hatched good pkmn in the needed game to level up in X for OR use and i loved it. id have brought over my spare gen6 team/lvl 1 duplicates in a heartbeat to surf thru Sun if only the PKbank update didnt coincide with the sun release. i dont really use many gen7 pkmn to begin with even now. though i do need to use some for my competition battle team once in a while. i dont much like using early route pkmn in my playthru, my goal is to get my team together asap to enjoy playthru even more.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny :656:
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by jabs4 View Post
    First playthroughs for me are always exploring the content yourself. By & large, I avoid trading or cheesing anything. Play the game & enjoy the story and the team you build along the way.
    same, everytime I make a team right in the beginning and trade it over i get extremely bored of it.

Where can I find QR codes for every pokemons shiny form, looking for every Pokémon that can caught or transferred to sun/moon, especially shiny porygon.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They are not drastically different in size. The Switch is a touch too wide (long) to be pocketed as is, yes, but the 3DS wasn't exactly comfortable in a pocket either. If you don't have the room for a Switch, case or no case, in your carry bag of choice, it is unlikely you had room for a 3DS.
    Actually, all of my pants, if they have functional pocets, are big enough to hold a 3DS but are not big enough to hold a Switch. You've never put a 3DS in your pocket?[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, none of these franchises have games upcoming for the 3DS. Some of them - Yo-Kai Watch, Monster Hunter? - may still have localized releases of Japanese games ahead of them, but that's not quite the same. The rest have no games in the works at all. Not for nothing, but that is exactly what I said, that none of these franchises have new games forthcoming. It's great to quote the laundry list of franchises that have released multiple quality games on the 3DS, but the further away those titles get from their respective releases, the less relevant they become.
    I can confirm that Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey has been announced for the 3DS. While there hasn't been anything new announced for Yo-kai Watch yet, the most recent release was in December last year (that is, after Pokémon Sun and Moon and thus it's too new for any next-game announcements), and they're rolling out the English-language versions rather methodically with Yo-kai Watch 3 coming out at an unannounced time. The series was born on the 3DS and so far has not left it. Monster Hunter XX is coming out for the 3DS in 2017 but nothing more specific has been revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Have you had a hands-on experience with the Switch? It is my experience that if you remove the Joy-Cons you can easily fit the system into one pocket and the Joy-Cons into another. The system without the Joy-Cons is only a tad bit larger than the 3DS XL, and people never complained about that, at least normally.
    They can fit into my cargo pants pockets, but not the normal pockets. That being said, I only have a regular 3DS, so I can't say much about the 3DS Xl and how portable it would bew from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophie View Post
    I can confirm that Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey has been announced for the 3DS. While there hasn't been anything new announced for Yo-kai Watch yet, the most recent release was in December last year (that is, after Pokémon Sun and Moon and thus it's too new for any next-game announcements), and they're rolling out the English-language versions rather methodically with Yo-kai Watch 3 coming out at an unannounced time. The series was born on the 3DS and so far has not left it. Monster Hunter XX is coming out for the 3DS in 2017 but nothing more specific has been revealed.
    So... almost exactly what I said, is what you're saying - that most of the franchises you initially listed have nothing forthcoming and two of the franchises that do have "upcoming games" are merely localizations of games that have already seen Japanese releases.

Again, for the third time, it's great to remind us which storied franchises have entries on the 3DS - and that list is long, with many storied franchises indeed - but it's far less significant when you parse it out to which franchises still have entries upcoming on the 3DS.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

They can fit into my cargo pants pockets, but not the normal pockets. That being said, I only have a regular 3DS, so I can't say much about the 3DS Xl and how portable it would bew from my perspective.
    I've never had an XL either, and have only had a small amount of hands-on time with someone else's Switch, so I admittedly don't have the best perspective either, but I did try to put the Switch in my pockets, and it worked fine. I do suppose that most of my shorts are cargo shorts with big pockets though. Regardless though, people excepted the 3DS XL as a portable system, and it was roughly the same size as the Switch without the Joy-Cons, so if one was accepted, the other should be accepted just fine as well.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

So... almost exactly what I said, is what you're saying - that most of the franchises you initially listed have nothing forthcoming and two of the franchises that do have "upcoming games" are merely localizations of games that have already seen Japanese releases.

Again, for the third time, it's great to remind us which storied franchises have entries on the 3DS - and that list is long, with many storied franchises indeed - but it's far less significant when you parse it out to which franchises still have entries upcoming on the 3DS.
    Deep Strange Journey and Monster Hunter XX have not had official releases anywhere. I'd also like to add Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia, Lady Layton, Pikmin 3DS, Ever Oasis (new IP), Culdcept Revolt, Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2, Radiant Historia Perfect Chonology, Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, Dragon Quest 11, and Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodo Ryonosuke no Kakugo (Ace Attorney 7; English title still unknown). None of these have come out anywhere either and will come out later this year in at least one country. In addition, Mario Sports Superstars was just released this past weekend, Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns came out today in Japan, and an Attack on Titan game will come out this Friday. Monster Tale Ultimate seems to have been caught in development hell, or at least some massive delays. We had also JUST received the Pikachu 3DS XL last month.

There are discussions at Nintendo currently about a successor to the 3DS that isn't the Switch. The idea is that they will make a smaller version of the Switch should the original version prove successful, but Nintendo was ready in case the Switch flops. Here's the link (Japanese). So while the 3DS is winding down, there will continue to be major releases to at least the end of this year.

does magic room do anything to prevent the use of Z moves by the opponent. i hate kefki but i found a shiny one in my pkmn X safari and i want to try something very trolly. im looking at 2 ORAS tutor moves. magnet rise and magic coat to bounce back obstacles/status. which of the 2 are more useful? i have an idea for a chomp counter but not sure which route to go.
    Last edited by nel3; Yesterday at 7:36 AM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny :656:
    GMT-5hrs

Deep Strange Journey and Monster Hunter XX have not had official releases anywhere.
    Monster Hunter XX released two weeks ago in Japan.

I'd also like to add Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia, Lady Layton, Pikmin 3DS, Ever Oasis (new IP), Culdcept Revolt, Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2, Radiant Historia Perfect Chonology, Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X, Dragon Quest 11, and Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodo Ryonosuke no Kakugo (Ace Attorney 7; English title still unknown). None of these have come out anywhere either and will come out later this year in at least one country. In addition, Mario Sports Superstars was just released this past weekend, Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns came out today in Japan, and an Attack on Titan game will come out this Friday. Monster Tale Ultimate seems to have been caught in development hell, or at least some massive delays. We had also JUST received the Pikachu 3DS XL last month.
    That's changing the subject quite a bit. The initial discussion was certainly not "are there any games still forthcoming for the 3DS?" Of course there are, but that wasn't the question.

there will continue to be major releases to at least the end of this year.
    Again, of course there are, but not only was that not your original claim, but from the list you just provided, you evidently define "major release" very loosely.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 562 of 562 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562