Page 2 of 549 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Hello, im new...

I think this new game will occur in the region that was in war with kalos and they will have the moondial, so zygarde´s arc can have a good finish in the principal story, with a new team, rivals of team flare

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    "Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way."

It is the exact opposite, actually.

See on the main Serebii site it says "Pokémon Bank will allow for Red, Blue & Yellow to send data to Pokémon Bank and be received into Pokémon Sun & Moon. They cannot be received by X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire." So yeah, to me it seemed like you couldn't transfer from X/Y/OR/AS... Hence why I said it may have been a stupid question lol
    Jayce's PokePet

Anubis the level 69 Lucario!
    Check out my maps, I think you might like them!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=271550

Quote Originally Posted by Jibreel View Post
    Here is what I think:

- The region will still be based in Europe (Italy/Greece)
    - The mascots will be based on Gods
    - The gen 2 starters are gonna get mega evolutions and you'll get to pick one
    - The region will be connected, most likely by train, to the kalos region where we can go post game
    - Zygarde's story arc will be like that of Rayquaza in ORAS and occur post game in the kalos region
    - Zinnia will make an appearance
    - There will be some kind of event involving Volcanion and Magiana
    - The game takes place after the events of XY and the battle frontier is now ready

I know 2 regions and a battle frontier sounds like too much but HGSS pulled it off and this is the franchise's 20th anniversary so there's an incentive to do more than usual.
    I also think that this would be the perfect opportunity to make the story more mature and have AZ finally become mortal again and die so you, the player, can inherit the eternal flower floette from him (which I don't think he would voluntarily give up if kept alive).
    I agree with everything except the gen 2 starters part. they might get mega evolutions but I don't think they'd copy the way they did it in x/y. maybe a post game thing.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Sun Team Roster:

So transferring from Gen 1 eh? Welp, looks like No Guard Fissure Machamp will be a thing. (If it has Guts, use an Ability Capsule)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mosquito View Post
    Hello, im new...

I think this new game will occur in the region that was in war with kalos and they will have the moondial, so zygarde´s arc can have a good finish in the principal story, with a new team, rivals of team flare
    That is a great theory. AZ did talk about a war but never said much about it. I hope this region is connected to Kalos.

Does anyone have a translation for this?

sunmoon6.jpg
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Not that weird tbh. Unova is mostly based off NY, but there are cities that look a lot like other american places such as Humilau City (Hawaii) and the PokéStar studios (Hollywood). Considering that California has deserts and other places from the west used to have deserts too, it isn't surprising that Unova has deserts because it still follows the pattern of basing their cities on american places. It isn't as weird as a tropical city in the middle of England.
    But why in world are people getting as conclusion that the entire region will have a tropical climate even with Hoenn being remaked just 2 years ago? It is just palmtrees and a hotel (that we even know if it is really a hotel) Well maybe all people which are like "Omg tropical climate brazil latin america southeast asia singapure african french colonies confirmed" will get disappointed since we just have the logos and a few pre-release sketches.

The Sun and Moon logos are intriguing. Makes me wonder if they are just a stylized sun and moon, strictly designed for promotional art, or if they represent something in the story, i.e. evil team logo, legendary Pokémon representation, etc.

Also, looking more closely at them, I feel like the Sun logo resembles a compass. The Moon logo kind of resembles a bat or crescent moon being eclipsed. Basically, I don't believe they look enough like just a sun and a moon.

Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertCalderon View Post
    But why in world are people getting as conclusion that the entire region will have a tropical climate even with Hoenn being remaked just 2 years ago? It is just palmtrees and a hotel (that we even know if it is really a hotel) Well maybe all people which are like "Omg tropical climate brazil latin america southeast asia singapure african french colonies confirmed" will get disappointed since we just have the logos and a few pre-release sketches.
    Singapore is not completely tropical and the reason why a lot of people are saying that it looks like Singapore isn't just because of the palmtree, but because of how similar the building looks to one of Singapore's attractions.

You see, i'm not saying I'M CERTAIN that it's Singapore, like i said, it is just a guess based off the information we already got.

The only thing i'm almost certain of is that they wouldn't put a tropical place in the middle of a region based off England.

I have another theory. What if Zygarde is the third member of two trios? In XY he represents the Z.

But what about Sun and Moon? Couldn't he also represent Earth? (Ground type, Midgard serpent)

Perhaps 50% Zygarde is from Kalos and Complete form is from the new region.

It makes sense for Sun and Moon to be gen 7 games. XY and ORAS has all non-event pokemon so that was a big indicated. Sun and Moon are good titles for the new games.

This is so confusing. Would they really go straight to a new generation after teasing us for so long with the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja?

I hope that the only "old" Pokemon in the games are ones with Megas, that way, just like BW, we are forced to use a mostly new team.

My 3DS FC: 4167 - 4523 - 0874
    Water Safari: Frogadier, Wartortle, and Krabby

Quote Originally Posted by Cradily17 View Post
    This is so confusing. Would they really go straight to a new generation after teasing us for so long with the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja?
    That is why a lot of people hoping that SuMo's region is connected to Kalos, so we might be able to return there after the postgame and do some kind of quest related to Zygarde's new form.

This isn't uncommon. We had all the stuff with mewtwo in the movies and anime and nothing in games, we had talk of the original dragon in black and white and the manga, but never shown in games. Deoxys had a movie and it was only used for an event.

This is what the download pokemon are for that activate events, they sometimes don't make a full game on a legend and will tell their stories other ways.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Sun Team Roster:

"I certainly hope we get something soon. Remember, this was a Pokémon Direct and not an official Nintendo Direct, and we're overdue one of those (most likely before E3 for some news on the NX). Exciting times for the franchise again!"

I forgot about that,great point!I bet the bird people are talking about will get revealed pretty fast.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new region connected to Kalos. its quite plausible as well.

Here are some reasons that I share this Opinion.

1: it's been done before.

2: it hasn't been done since.

3: there are still many things unexplained in X and Y (of course this means absolutly nothing).

4: Wynaut?
    Will edit at a later date.

maybe I'm looking to deep into this lol

http://imgur.com/3B56qH8
    Attached Images Attached Images

Currently working on a Zelda Fan Series

X and Y are making me feel like picking up my Blue cartridge when I was young...
    A new start.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    That is why a lot of people hoping that SuMo's region is connected to Kalos, so we might be able to return there after the postgame and do some kind of quest related to Zygarde's new form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadred23 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the new region connected to Kalos. its quite plausible as well.
    What if Pokémon Sun and Moon are the Gold and Silver of Kalos? It's a new generation, but it could have a lot of ties with Gen 6. In addition to picking one of the Gen 7 starters, you could pick a Johto starter and each of them would get a Mega Evolution. Team Flare would be the main villains again. After defeating the gym leaders and becoming the champion, you could return to Kalos and get the badges from those gyms. After getting all 16 badges, you would fight a powerful trainer at some remote location. That would be cool.

What if Pokémon Sun and Moon are the Gold and Silver of Kalos? It's a new generation, but it could have a lot of ties with Gen 6. In addition to picking one of the Gen 7 starters, you could pick a Johto starter and each of them would get a Mega Evolution. Team Flare would be the main villains again. After defeating the gym leaders and becoming the champion, you could return to Kalos and get the badges from those gyms. After getting all 16 badges, you would fight a powerful trainer at some remote location. That would be cool.
    Something along those lines. Maybe a new evil team? Maybe a team with similar goals to team rocket? Team flare's purpose was pretty lame.
    Will edit at a later date.

Man, I haven't posted here since the final spoiler for Pokemon X/Y. With a new generation on the horizon, its time to start posting here again, hurray! I like this place so much better than others like Gamqfaqs (seriously, they're like internet cancer). I look forward to bouncing ideas off of everyone and speculating about info as it trickles in.

Anyway, to actually contribute...eh..not much to actually tribute since we know bare bones. There's so many possibilities and new things to hope for, its hard to find a starting point. Each professor is usually researching something new within the world of Pokemon, so I'm curious what it will be this time and how it will tie into the main story as it did with Mega evolution in the last. And they always try and introduce some major new feature (Mega Evolution for gen 6, triple & rotation battles for Gen 5, and so on) so what will we get this time? And, possibly the most important question, what new Eevee-lution will we see?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Current Shinies:
    Malamar, Dragalge, Carbink, Pyroar, Vivillion,

-Region based on tropical area.
    -More "rural" than previous regions.
    -Woodpecker Pokemon

Those are the only things I feel I can feel fairly confident on right now, based on the trailer. Tropical because the screenshot buildings remind me of beach resorts. Rural because of the vehicles and the Blastoise firetruck, which makes me think there will be a bigger focus on "harmony" with Pokemon and by extension nature. Woodpecker because from what I saw that bird looked just like a species of woodpecker I saw before.

I'm guessing the main female character will called Luna. Is this the right thread?

Something along those lines. Maybe a new evil team? Maybe a team with similar goals to team rocket? Team flare's purpose was pretty lame.
    I still feel like there are plenty of things we don't know about Team Flare, Lysandre, and AZ. That's why I have a strong feeling Team Flare will be the main villains again.

Thinking about it, what kind of team we will face?
    Since the games will focus on the sun and the moon, my guess is that it might be formed by people who worship them.
    Or another possibility would be that this group is aiming to conquer space....
    Or something along those lines. XD
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 18/12/2016

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Page 2 of 549 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast