Page 4 of 524 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I'm sorry, we need to address this. Can we all agree to just type out Sun & Moon for the next few years? Like, can we ratify a treaty stating that, in the name of the greater good?
    I had to look up what your issue with S&M is (by putting S&M into google). Seriously, I think it's clear from the context here that S&M or SM refers to the games and not anything else.

Whats wrong w/ SM. Sounds like Smh.

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
    Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
    Scream, screaming, screaming bloody murder,
    ...wow yeah

Quote Originally Posted by KantosNewHope View Post
    Rumor is that this is the last Pokemon game, anyone else hearing this?
    They'll continue making games as long as the games make money. Just like every other corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu52 View Post
    I had to look up what your issue with S&M is (by putting S&M into google). Seriously, I think it's clear from the context here that S&M or SM refers to the games and not anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Are you telling me you refuse to be signatory to this treaty?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I think we should risk it.

Not quite the same.
    I don't know, both seemingly have their gaps that need filled. DP had a fun plot, but few differences between the games made me think we didn't need two at once. As for S&M, such little info is making this wait torture.

Black Lives Matter

Personally I find Pokemon S&M a hilarious acronym and I'm going to continue to use it.
    3DS FC: 2750 - 1756 - 6697

Eh, it's not like the fandom's so squeaky clean that we can't have that as a running gag. I heard more jokes that dwarfs the "unfortunate" lettering. xD

Aching is eternal. Healing, is a sought for art...

Are you telling me you refuse to be signatory to this treaty?
    Is like asking are you a likeable member in this forum?

Sun&Moon sounds like Ariana Grande's new album yanno.

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
    Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
    Scream, screaming, screaming bloody murder,
    ...wow yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    If they do a 3rd installation to sun & moon I hope it starts with a H :^)

My #1 want is character customization back like we had in x&y but idk if they plan to keep that as x&y's niche or not. Other than that I just want tons and tons of new 'mons. ^3^

Thanks to FairyWitch for my awesome userbar! You can get your own, or other things like banners at her shop

So, which countries does everyone think are most likely for the region to be based upon?

Beauty may be finite, but stupidity is everlasting.

Quote Originally Posted by The top co-ordinator View Post
    So, which countries does everyone think are most likely for the region to be based upon?
    We have a whole thread dedicated on that discussion.

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by The top co-ordinator View Post
    I think southern France is still a possibility. The tropical scene we've all discusses could easily be Monaco.

Black Lives Matter

Hey guys, I think I saw something in one of the pictures taken from the direct.

In the picture with the Horsea statue, above the doors, there are a bunch of Water-type Pokémon, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Krabby. However, one of them doesn't look like a Pokémon I've ever seen before. It's the one between Chinchou and Horsea. Not sure if it's a new Pokémon, or if I'm just really bad at "Who's the Pokémon?," but idk. Let me know if I'm right or it's nonsense. :P

Quote Originally Posted by eddiplayer435 View Post

In the picture with the Horsea statue, above the doors, there are a bunch of Water-type Pokémon, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Krabby. However, one of them doesn't look like a Pokémon I've ever seen before. It's the one between Chinchou and Horsea. Not sure if it's a new Pokémon, or if I'm just really bad at "Who's the Pokémon?," but idk. Let me know if I'm right or it's nonsense. :P
    I think that's Magikarp. Kind of hard to tell with the zoom quality, but I'm pretty sure.

Black Lives Matter

Look at your avatar, now look at the picture again. Notice a resemblance?

I think that's Magikarp. Kind of hard to tell with the zoom quality, but I'm pretty sure.

Black Lives Matter

Oh lol I knew I was just being stupid. :P My bad!!

Oh lol I knew I was just being stupid. :P My bad!!
    No worries, man. Although, it is pretty funny that Magikarp is your avatar and you couldn't pick it out of a line-up, haha.

Black Lives Matter

I'm sorry, we need to address this. Can we all agree to just type out Sun & Moon for the next few years? Like, can we ratify a treaty stating that, in the name of the greater good?
    Lol.

I wonder what'll happen when Serebii has to go about naming the Pokedex on the main site. SM Dex? S&M Dex?

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by theswweet View Post
    Personally I find Pokemon S&M a hilarious acronym and I'm going to continue to use it.
    Watch a bunch of fans make inappropriate artwork for couples of characters from these games while putting Pokemon "S&M" as the title. But I think SM is alright to use purely because of how we've always used the same kind of abbreviation. I don't think we should see it as an issue.

Yeah, I think that people are just being immature in regards to these abbreviations. If it's really that big of an issue, then just type out M/S, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrigon View Post
    Watch a bunch of fans make inappropriate artwork for couples of characters from these games while putting Pokemon "S&M" as the title. But I think SM is alright to use purely because of how we've always used the same kind of abbreviation. I don't think we should see it as an issue.
    Yeah.
    RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS, BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS

SM is fine.

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

No one is actually concerned about the usage of the acronym. These are jokes.

Black Lives Matter

Happy for Sun/Moon! Anyway...

I remember reading somewhere that the huge "hard reboot" tried by GF in Gen 5 (the direct homages to Kanto and Gen 1: For example, many Pokémon that seemed directly inspired from the original 150, like Machamp-Conkeldurr, Geodude-Roggenrola, Rapidash-Zebstrika, Woobat-Zubat etc, which seemed a lot like "replacements") wasn't well received , so they went the opposite way in Gen 6, which was more of a "soft reboot" with more indirect homages to Gen 1. For example, Red and Blue themes in the opposite versions, Kanto starters, an increased promotion of the original legendary, Mewtwo , and a few more things.

Now we are getting Sun and Moon. Think carefully and you'll realise that Sun is often associated with the colour Gold and the Moon is often associated with the colour Silver. Magearna, undoubtedly now from Gen 7, is associated with something called a "Soul Heart". Also worth noting is that Gold and Silver introduced the Day / Night cycle. Day and Night...Sun and Moon.

We also know that Zygarde's plot is still apparently unresolved. Probably it should be resolved in these games. Why? Someone put forward an idea a few pages back that Zygarde completes the XYZ trio, but could potentially be a part of another trio: The Sun/Moon/Earth trio. Fits neatly.
    If Sun and Moon are really homages to Gen 2 like XY were to Gen 1, then this could also mean that the Johto starters are given prevalence this time around... And maybe even get Megas.
    ... Interesting ideas, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Wind View Post
    The Ghost uses Pikachu merch as a disguise because it wants to be loved.... Game Freak, are you all ok?
    My idea for a crazy Pokémon evolutionary line!

Banner credit: Sworn Metalhead

What initially piqued my interest with the trademark discovery and the reveal was the title design. The Sun and Moon symbols to be precise. As far as I know the only symbols ever incorporated into the title design of (English) Pokemon versions was for Heartgold and Soulsilver- and they were clearly representing Ho-oh and Lugia.
    The specifics about these designs probably show the inspiration and lore for new title legendaries we could be getting. Obviously tied to the sun and moon- but they could hint at the culture of origin. But there are so many similar solar/lunar symbols throughout civilisation that more game info is needed to make a solid guess.

Page 4 of 524 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast