Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 138

Thread: Shocks & Bonds! (405)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,226

    Default Shocks & Bonds! (405)

    Shocks & Bonds!

    Further into the Hoenn League Finals, Ash is about to have one of his toughest battles. Another Double Battle against a Charizard and a Quilava...both Fire types while using Glalie & Grovyle giving Ash a clear Disadvantage. Will Ash manage to beat these hot fire Pokémon or will he end up burned?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    ...If anybody here can properly translate Japanese, then someone at Pokeani has posted up info on this episode. :3

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    here's my attempt at a translation:

    3 match preliminary tournament, partner Hyuuga doesn't experience any trouble taking down.

    >Hyuuga
    Yo, Yomaru-sama!? (smiley using kanji)
    You forgot about a parody character from this anime.... (another smiley using kanji)
    "Hohoemi no Kondakutaa" (Smile Conductor) is delicately differing from this preliminary announcement. (another kanji smiley)

    >Onigohri
    It didn't forget about the Shadow Division (Double Team) it used back as a Yukiwarashi, eh?
    This time, it's a big use.

    >Juptle
    Thank god, it defeated Magmarashi, but Lizardon gives him an upside-down blow...
    What happened back in Rune and a good, delicious place had another, magnificient Pokemon...

    >Magmarashi
    It's cute for an evolution. (smiley)
    But it has a delicate voice (smiley)

    >Kaede
    (My attempts at translating the previous ones seem screwed up enough as it is, but this one I couldn't understand for the life of me. It would help if I learned what purpose 'ppoi' has in a sentence. So far, I'm getting something about "Something George shape" and "good man").

    >fellow traveler
    The anime used an eerie technique for the first time, but Muuma's good. Perish Song looks good and it's a nice technique to use.

    >Bari-chan
    Bari-chan has a cold, doesn't he? (laughs)

    >next time
    It seems....
    Kaede is a formidable enemy, I suppose he'll be outside (laughs)

    >Rocket Gang for this time
    The league battles seem simple, eh.
    But they're stuck forgetting their boxed lunches. (smiley)


    god, I need more practice. Anyway, even though this translation seems majorly screwed up, we can manage to get some information from it, like the fact that Onigohri is using Double Team, Juptle defeats Magmarashi, and there's some new guy named Kaede. Could that perhaps be the person with Dugtrio, and Dugtrio's battle with Pikachu extends all the way into the next episode?

    There appears to be no mention of Jukain, nor a Juptle evolution, on the whole page, with the exception of a post at the very bottom by "AG Daisuki Club" which I recall was there last week too. He was talking about how the previous week, people were talking about a Heigani evolution, and now there'll be talk about a Juptle evolution.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 12th May 2005 at 9:35 PM.

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    ...Okay...

    This Kaede. I keep on hearing 'he' and 'I'm sure if Kaede is a boy or a girl'. o.o Very confusing... I mean, she kinda has eye-lashes, the trademark of a female character, but... I don't seen any chest from the picture I have. @.@

    It'll be a kind of a bummer if Keade is a guy. The Houen League needs some kick-a*s females... Yuriko can't be the only one. ;o;

    Yay for Venomoth, which Zak said he/she had! It's nice to see it in a battle... last time was belonging to that dude, Chaz from the Rustburo Contest. *nods*

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    744

    Default

    -ppoi means "ish"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    This Kaede. I keep on hearing 'he' and 'I'm sure if Kaede is a boy or a girl'. o.o Very confusing... I mean, she kinda has eye-lashes, the trademark of a female character, but... I don't seen any chest from the picture I have. @.@
    It's been confirmed (by Zak), that this Kaede is indeed a female and she seems to give Ash a bit of trouble in their battle next week.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Glalie looks bad in that pic. It needs to keep its mouth closed.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Ok... seen the episode myself.

    For a guy using Fire Pokemon, Hyuuga really doesn't take advantage of the type advantage till later.

    Grovyle defeats Quilava.
    Charizard defeats Grovyle.
    Glalie defeats Charizard.

    Then the episode goes to a battle in progress between Tetsuya and the Aggron trainer, with both down to one Pokemon. Tetsuya's Sceptile and Aggron, with Sceptile being victorious.

    Then there's a montage of the gang doing stuff. Eating together. Training. Munchlax making a cameo going after some kids ice cream, with Max holding it back. Brock going gaga with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. With the current opening theme playing in the background.

    Then it cuts to the finals. Get a scene of Delia taking care of a sick Mr. Mime while watching television. Then another scene of Misty, then a scene of Professor Oak and Tracey.

    It's Ash vs. Kaede. Battle begins with Venomoth vs. Torkoal. Kaede withdraw Venomoth and calls out Golduck, which quickly defeats Torkoal. Ash puts in Pikachu and Kaede gets her Dugtrio. Pikachu is defeated, and Ash sends out Glalie. Glalie defeats Dugtrio and Kaede sends out Misdrevous. Both Pokemon KO each other.

    Next weeks episode is obviously a continuation of this battle, with the climax being Grovyle vs. Walrein.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Glalie looks bad in that pic. It needs to keep its mouth closed.
    What'd you expect? It's a screenshot of it being smashed by Magumarashi. o_O It's wincing in pain.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Next weeks episode is obviously a continuation of this battle, with the climax being Grovyle vs. Walrein.
    Thats interesting so ash can use all of his Hoenn team now. Dang there goes my idea of the hoenn league being different since the finals started this episode.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,033

    Default

    What happened with the Misdreavous from the preview? Was it a result of Destiny Bond?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Mississauga, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Ok... seen the episode myself.

    For a guy using Fire Pokemon, Hyuuga really doesn't take advantage of the type advantage till later.

    Grovyle defeats Quilava.
    Charizard defeats Grovyle.
    Glalie defeats Charizard.

    Then the episode goes to a battle in progress between Tetsuya and the Aggron trainer, with both down to one Pokemon. Tetsuya's Sceptile and Aggron, with Sceptile being victorious.

    Then there's a montage of the gang doing stuff. Eating together. Training. Munchlax making a cameo going after some kids ice cream, with Max holding it back. Brock going gaga with Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy. With the current opening theme playing in the background.

    Then it cuts to the finals. Get a scene of Delia taking care of a sick Mr. Mime while watching television. Then another scene of Misty, then a scene of Professor Oak and Tracey.

    It's Ash vs. Kaede. Battle begins with Venomoth vs. Torkoal. Kaede withdraw Venomoth and calls out Golduck, which quickly defeats Torkoal. Ash puts in Pikachu and Kaede gets her Dugtrio. Pikachu is defeated, and Ash sends out Glalie. Glalie defeats Dugtrio and Kaede sends out Misdrevous. Both Pokemon KO each other.

    Next weeks episode is obviously a continuation of this battle, with the climax being Grovyle vs. Walrein.
    Next weeks ep...is so intresting than..Grovyle gets to vs. Walerin again but in single battle style
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)



    Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Forums
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    Glalie vs. Misdreavus.... The perfect time to use a Bite/Crunch attack and I'm betting it didn't. Well hopefully, Mis pulled a Mean Look/Perish Song/Destiny Bond -ish combo on Glalie.
    V | Faction


    You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    Yep, Muuma pulled off a destiny bond at the last minute as it was KO'ed by Onigohri. I believe that's the first time the move has been featured in the animé.

    Pretty interesting episode I must say. The double battles were pretty cool, although I find it hard to believe that two fire types would lose to an ice type and a grass type... It was certainly nice to see Onigohri in action in his first real battle, and the way doube team was animated was nice- I think the last time it was shown as anything but a lot of copies surrounding the opponent was way back in "Fourth Round Rumble". Onigohri did pretty well for itself too- defeating Lizardon, Dugtrio, and Muuma is quite an achievement for a pokémon cought so recently.

    Seeing Jukain in battle was also nice, but the battle itself wasn't too impressive really. And this is the first time we've seen a Dugtrio under the command of a trainer if I remember correctly.

    So there we have it- lots of firsts for the animé and some pretty good battles. I'm now eagerly looking foreward to seeing the conclusion of Satoshi's battle with Kaede, she was giving him quite a bit of trouble in the part we've seen so far.
    Last edited by Heracross; 13th May 2005 at 5:34 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Yep, Muuma pulled off a destiny bond at the last minute as it was KO'ed by Onigohri. I believe that's the first time the move has been featured in the animé.

    Pretty interesting episode I must say. The double battles were pretty cool, although I find it hard to believe that two fire types would lose to an ice type and a grass type... It was certainly nice to see Onigohri in action in his first real battle, and the way doube team was animated was nice- I think the last time it was shown as anything but a lot of copies surrounding the opponent was way back in "Fourth Round Rumble". Onigohri did pretty well for itself too- defeating Lizardon, Dugtrio, and Muuma is quite an achievement for a pokémon cought so recently.

    Seeing Jukain in battle was also nice, but the battle itself wasn't too impressive really. And this is the first time we've seen a Dugtrio under the command of a trainer if I remember correctly.

    So there we have it- lots of firsts for the animé and some pretty good battles. I'm now eagerly looking foreward to seeing the conclusion of Satoshi's battle with Kaede, she was giving him quite a bit of trouble in the part we've seen so far.

    yeah lets see how he gets out of this mess without using Pikachu, cause i'm glad it knocked out.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Im also glad that pikachu lost, not that im a pikachu hater its just that im tired of seeing Pikachu knock out rock/ground type pokemon.

    I've seen the episode but im a bit confused:

    When sceptile is dodging all the metal claw attacks from Aagron why are its eyes glowing?

    When Glalie is facing Dugtrio it stuns dugtrio by hitting its head in the ground or is it something else? (Almost certain its not earthquake)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    hey, am I correct in assuming that Hyuuga's a parody character (based on my translation, as screwed up as it may be)? If so, would someone mind telling me what this Hohoemi no Conductor anime's about and how it relates to him?

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    When sceptile is dodging all the metal claw attacks from Aagron why are its eyes glowing?
    Detect.

    When Glalie is facing Dugtrio it stuns dugtrio by hitting its head in the ground or is it something else? (Almost certain its not earthquake)
    Headbutt as a sort of pseudo-Earthquake.

    Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Saw the pics and I really like Glalie's use of Double Team, apparently made some ice barriers and seemed to be zipping through them b4 Headbutting Charizard. And I'm glad to see that Ash has not forgotten Glalie's other moves in this ep

    Wow, when Charizard took out Grovyle it looked pretty mean lol

    Questions:

    1. What move did Sceptile defeat Aggron with? Was that Solar Beam?

    2. And was the move Charizard was using indeed Heat Wave?

    3. What exactly did Golduck use to KO Torkoal? Did it lift it w/ Psychic then use Hydro Pump then proceed to Slash it?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Glalie made the ice barriers with Ice Beam to protect itself. Charizard sent Glalie bouncing around in them with Wing Attack, then Ash told Glalie to speed up, surprising his opponent. Glalie did, using the bouncing to his advantage and bewildering Charizard before Headbutting it for the KO.

    1. Yes.

    2. Think so, not sure.

    3. It used Confusion to bring it out of its Iron Defense, then Hydro Pump to send it flying, then finished it off with Fury Swipes.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Geodude, it was Disable, I believe, used by Venomoth, that got Torkoal out of Iron Defense. Golduck had nothing to do with it.

    ...

    ...

    Okay.

    What.

    The.

    F*ck.

    Hyuuga. :0

    He... *explode*

    Okay, let's sum him up. He's hot. He has a frikking conductor's... stick... thing. He has a Pokemon that has been seriously screwed over in the anime. He has a Pokemon that was basically a big kick in the teeth for Ash. (Didn't notice Ash commenting on Charizard... :P Strange. XD!)

    And... he's frikking voiced by Akira Ishita, only the BEST SEIYUU EVER. IN THE WORLD. EVER. God, his voice makes me melt. ;o; First heard it in Neon Genesis Evangelion, where he voiced Kaworu. Then heard it again in DN Angel and Meine Liebe, and it never fails in making me weak at the knees. *melt*

    HOT. *_*

    ...Oh, and Keade deserves a big hug. I mean, Venomoth! And she kept switching Pokemon out, and Ash was stupid enough to keep Pokemon like Pikachu in! (Although, it would have been a tad stupid if they kept on changing... XD)

    And I'm looking forward to the next, hopefully battle-filled episode. This one seemed a little... rushed. I guess that's the problem with having three battles in one episode. (Although, I think they should have gotten rid of the boring Tetsuya thing and gave more time to Hyuuga... :P)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Mitten State
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    Yay, Dugtrio makes his return to the spot light shows us Arena Trap. Not mention shows Pikachu why it's one of the best Pokemon around. Take that Pika.

    Conductor guy, meh. Considering I only got still shots of him, he wasn't all that impressive. Granted his Quilava is the first time we've seen one since the last league. But, I don't know.

    Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Place that voted yes on prop 8
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    *sighs* I got to see my wonderful Tracey! And I finally get to see Sceptile in action (It's about freakin' time)...Anyways...



    -Is it just me or does the guy from this recent episode look like the guy with the Blastoise in Ring Masters???

    DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,033

    Default

    Well it could either be the same guy or the animators are reusing old character designs again.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Well it could either be the same guy or the animators are reusing old character designs again.
    ...And the dude in this episode *did* have a Blastoise. o.o It was seen on the screen that he had one, along with Tetsuya's Donphan. @.@

    Interesting.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •