Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shocks & Bonds! (405)

Well i call it Skeptile anyways the way Glalie went against the ice pillars and just knocked out Charizard 5 secs after was strange.

lordrock Guest

I liked the combo that ash used on quilava Grovile pound and Glalie headbutt and maybe team rocket should stay in the snacks business I think is better that waY FOR THEM.

Talking

Exactly! Anyway, I gasped when I heard Kaede's english name (Katie) since I am close to someone with that exact name!

I would've enjoyed the Onigohri/ice pillar combo more if the animation hadn't been subpar. Same goes for the dub, only Morrison's annoying dub voice fed my disatisfaction even more.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

The correct pronunciation of Sceptile, as seen in the anime, obviously makes the most sense, yes.

Is there such a thing as a "skepter"? No, it's a scepter.

Is there such a thing as a "skent"? No, it's a scent.

Is there such a thing as a "Skeptile"? No, it's a Sceptile.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I love how Glaile was used, beating a Charizard, Glalie owns!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

So Sceptile's debut is here, eh... wasn't expecting that. In fact, I was hoping that Sceptile was the one Pokemon the writers decided to have make a debut as one of the main character's Pokemon (and it would have made sense, since it seems to be a leader-ish of all Ash's Hoenn Pokemon). But no, they had to throw it out here. Not that it didn't have a capable trainer, but geez... I would have liked at least some of the main character's evolved Pokemon be the first of that kind of Pokemon to be shown in the anime. But I don't remember a single one that happened with. :/ Although maybe most of you like this? *shrugs*

Anyway, the episode itself was fine. Seeing Destiny Bond was cool. Heh.

7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    I would have liked at least some of the main character's evolved Pokemon be the first of that kind of Pokemon to be shown in the anime.
    Forretress...Crobat...Politoed...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    Well i call it Skeptile anyways the way Glalie went against the ice pillars and just knocked out Charizard 5 secs after was strange.
    So do I! I thought it was stupid that they pronounced it with a silent 'c'.
    I even asked my friend how he would say it, and he pronounced it Skeptile.
    IMO, It sounds better if it was pronounced Skeptile.

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    Yes, it was stupid that they pronouced the name how it's supposed to be pronouced.

Oh the irony.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Forretress...Crobat...Politoed...
    I meant in Hoenn. XD There are lots of examples you can bring up in Johto and Kanto, but you'd be hardpressed to think of one from Hoenn... :/

Dustox was one, the first time we saw it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex
    I would have liked at least some of the main character's evolved Pokemon be the first of that kind of Pokemon to be shown in the anime.
    Pssst....Glalie.... !

As well as him and Dustox, there's also Lombre...Cascoon and Silcoon. Whoot~

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    The correct pronunciation of Sceptile, as seen in the anime, obviously makes the most sense, yes.

Is there such a thing as a "skepter"? No, it's a scepter.

Is there such a thing as a "skent"? No, it's a scent.

Is there such a thing as a "Skeptile"? No, it's a Sceptile.
    Reading is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Dustox was one, the first time we saw it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Pssst....Glalie.... !

As well as him and Dustox, there's also Lombre...Cascoon and Silcoon. Whoot~
    Yeah, I guess so... but still. The Wurmple family aren't that big of a deal, Glalie was introduced late and doesn't make many appearances, and Lombre... meh, who cares. So many Pokemon, Swellow, the whole Treecko family, the whole Corphish family, Torkoal, the whole Mudkip family, Torchic's evolutions... I could go on and on. So in the end it comes down to whether you think revealing all those Pokemon beforehand is a good idea or not. IMO, it's okay sometimes, but not nearly as many times as they have in Hoenn.

Okay, I've been too lazy to come here all week and review these two episodes from last week, even though I watched them days ago.

Anyway, I still love the ongoing Team Rocket/manager storyline, and still love Morrison and Tyson. The Hoenn championships are turning out to be pretty awesome with its characters. Ash's battle at the end and in the next episode is pretty awesome. I don't particularly like battle episodes where Ash's pokemon drop like flies at first (I prefer the give-and-take of battles such as his battle with Harrison in the Silver Conference, or against Drake in the Orange Islands), but at least the battle as a whole is really good.

Overall, 8/10.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Great battles for an awesome episode.

Hey, I'm new here.

I live in Canada and just saw the new ones (YTV stopped airing it on Saturday after Saved by the Beldum, but is currently showing new ones at 5:00 am in the morning tuesday to friday, so I've been setting my VCR each night. Well, it's marketably stupid, but I'll take it if it means I get to see my precious Pokemon.

Just gotta say--AWESOME. The Hoenn League has been great so far. Keade's/Katie's battle against Ash really impressed me (part 2-not so much). I'm also really impressed with this saga's character designs for the girls. Yuriko/Vivica was just so darn cute, and Katie was a surprisingly unconventional look for a female trainer. Anyone know who the dub VA was for Katie? Kinda sounded like Alexis Rhodes from Yugioh GX.
    I also had trouble telling if Katie was a guy or a girl at first. They showed her from a distance and took a while to say her name, so I was like waiting to find out, but I was guessing it was a girl.

For months now I was trying to figure out where I'd seen an anime character with hair similar to Katie's. It was bugging me for a while, then I saw a bit of the Hosou/Chronicles episode with Richie and Moltres and noticed the character in that, Silver, had nearly identical hair (although it was grey and was more of a mullet in the back). I was really surprised, considering I expected the character I was thinking of would be a girl.

Also: Although I'm not gay and don't consider myself bi, I often state Hakudoshi from Inuyasha as being "gorgeous" and "dreamy" as I honestly think he is.
    Last edited by Jeff Zero; 16th September 2006 at 8:46 PM.

When this episode first aired, I taped it, but it somehow got deleted so I just saw this episode on Cartoon Network.

Anyways, this episode was kinda cool. Ash's battle with Clark was awesome even though Clark was annoying. It was good to see Detect. The TC was meh. It was cool to hear that song before the TC, although I forgot which episode it was from (somewhere in the early Kanto episodes). Cool to see Sand Tomb and Destiny Bond.
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 15th September 2006 at 11:36 PM.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Im not sure whether someone has said this but did anyone notice that Morisson said Clive or Clide instead of Clark? Or is it just that annyoing voice he has?

I saw this episode again yesterday, as YTV reaired it at Pokemon's new timeslot. I heard Morrison say it, but to be honest I had no problem hearing it as "Clark". Morrison's voice can be a bit grating.

One thing I found kinda dumb is one of Ash's group says Ash picked a perfect team (Grovlye and Glailie) against Clark even though he was using fire-type Pokemon, and both of Ash's Pokemon were weak against fire-types (Grovyle being a Grass-type, and Glailie being an Ice-type). Considering right after that another character mentioned the type disadvantage they may have been simply referring to those two being the two strongest Pokemon in Ash's lineup, which I can believe.
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

I hated this episode, but I'll admit a bias. Seeing as Quilava is my absolute favorite Pokemon, seeing it completely owned makes me very angry. Why couldn't it have been a Magmar? I mean, who cares about Magmar? Not my poor Quilava TT_TT

Katie plays the Clarinet. She is full of own and win.

Remember though, anything written about "Katie" in Brock's book may be made up for the dub-playing the clarinet, enjoying spaghetti with tomato-berries (I especially wonder about this one, considering the anime portrays tomato berries as too spicy for humans to eat). Of course, those who have seen the subbed version can chime in if they know the answer.

I thought her having the nickname "CoolBeauty" was kinda neat. I want to assume that's a referance to the "Cooltrainer" and "Beauty" class of trainer in the games, but that might be giving the dub too much credit considering they had to rename the Team Magma and Aqua members later on when they realized they were in the games with differant names than what they gave them.
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

A very good episode I am really enjoying the battles in this one. Katie is definitely a good match up for Ash she's managed to shut down his confidence in winning and now is forcing him to think about what he's going to do next. I got a laugh out of what Brock had written in his little book about Katie, that's Brock for ya always concentrating on the girls.
    Last edited by Battra; 22nd February 2007 at 4:06 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Zero View Post
    Remember though, anything written about "Katie" in Brock's book may be made up for the dub-playing the clarinet, enjoying spaghetti with tomato-berries (I especially wonder about this one, considering the anime portrays tomato berries as too spicy for humans to eat). Of course, those who have seen the subbed version can chime in if they know the answer
    Only dialogue change was with May's:

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/compar...uen/ep129.html

This is definitely one of the better episodes I've seen. It's just like how someone would battle against an actual person in the game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast