Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2016

Wow Cubs 16 runs and a no hitter

Wow, the Cubs have been beating up on the Reds.

In other news the Tigers lost again....

Cubs are on fire right now. Im a white sox fan, but I cant deny that the cubs are probably the favorites now.

Corey "Coors Field Product" Dickerson is hitting .259 with 5 HRs (3 at Pitcher friendly parks) through 18 games, which would average out to 45 HRs. I really don't expect him to match that pace, but 25 to 33 HRs is certainly enough. Also should see his average go up into the .260s or .270s once we finally get this lineup gelled together.

LoMo needs to be DFCed, Pearce will be a fine enough 1B.
    Last edited by Caused; 24th April 2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: mistake

The Yankees are off to a bad start. This wouldn't be the case if Mattingly were manager. Mattingly is stunting his own growth as a manager by being with the Marlins. Hopefully soon the Mets will start a free fall. I want to see them break their own record for most losses in a modern day MLB regular season.
    This user supports Brock/Ash and Cilan/Ash

Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps

The Tigers are on a 4 game losing streak just like that. Why am I not surprised....

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    The Yankees are off to a bad start. This wouldn't be the case if Mattingly were manager.
    Sure it would. Mattingly is not a wizard. He can't take a roster with aging offensive players like New York's and magically make it better. Neither can Girardi. But he'll unfairly be the sacrificial lamb if they don't turn it around, next year if not this year, because you can't fire the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Mattingly is stunting his own growth as a manager by being with the Marlins.
    Probably. But he wanted to manage, no longer wanted to do so in LA, and the Marlins wanted a "name" manager. Good news is the nature of ownership means it probably isn't a long term job, and until then, he gets to manage players like Stanton, Fernandez and Gordon.

I mean, Mattingly is probably as good a Manager as he will ever be, I don't think there's much "growth" left.

Funny is how the Dodger fans on the MLB website comments are happy they got rid of that guy

The MLB website comments are like any other comments section but with the ill-conceived laser focus of uninformed, overreactive sports fans. I can't read more than three posts without my teeth hurting.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

ESPN's pre-facebook boards were the worst as well. Spam, spam everywhere.

Anyway good Dodgers win. Funny how I took a nap when they were down by 3. Then woke up to see they won by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The MLB website comments are like any other comments section but with the ill-conceived laser focus of uninformed, overreactive sports fans. I can't read more than three posts without my teeth hurting.
    You think that's bad, there's a Twitter account for Cardinal fans that are still salty over the Cardinals losing Jason Heyward to the Cubs.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

I'm fully aware of the reaction certain Cardinals fans had to Heyward leaving for the Cubs via high priced free agency. It ranged - still ranges - from merely salty to downright vile, on some occasions.

-----
    Words to|live by

I'm glad I stay off sports message boards these days. Reading ignorant comments on ESPN's Facebook page is bad enough....

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Cubs are on fire right now. Im a white sox fan, but I cant deny that the cubs are probably the favorites now.
    Looks like I spoke too soon, my sox are looking better and better. Sale, Latos, and Quintana are three aces and offense is starting to pick it up. It's going to be a great race with KC.

Dodgers lost a 4 game series to the Marlins at home wow they only lost the first 2 games but Kazmir going tomorrow which means pretty much means automatic win for the Marlins but at least Maeda should win the 4th game of the series to avoid the sweep.

The 2016 Tigers are just as lifeless and inconsistent as the 2015 Tigers that finished 20 games behind Kansas City.....

Nice, Sox get the sweep over the jays and quintana was awesome again, 10 strikeouts. If they can win 3 of 4 against the orioles on the road, that would be huge because the schedule lightens up for a little bit after.
    Last edited by yuoke; 28th April 2016 at 5:10 AM.

Dodgers got sweep by the Marlins in a 4 game series wow but at least San Diego should end LA's lose streak

Dee Gordon suspended 80 games for testing positive for PEDs.

I am legitimately surprised by this.

-----
    Words to|live by

Ikr he looks like that type of player who wouldn't take them.

Shocked.

It's that to a degree, but PEDs don't just mean home runs. I'm just as shocked because he's a player of considerable significance, as an All-Star and the reigning NL batting champion.

-----
    Words to|live by

now that's 5 loses in a row for the Dodgers but at least they are still in first place in the west

Yeah the NL west is mediocre right now. I'm hopeful the Dodgers will end their losing streak.

Dodgers finally won today and all it took was a complete game shutout by Kershaw and Kershaw getting the only RIP in the game.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast