Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2016

Not that anyone can replace Kershaw, but that's a little like replacing a Ferrari with a junker that's had a new coat of paint and some repairs.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Hopefully Kershaw will be back soon the Dodgers already had a rotation + worth of injured starting pitchers. All star voting ends today and soon we will know which players are going to make the team.

The Cubs look like the crappy 2009-2014 Cubs these past few weeks with making errors and mistakes, bad pitching, and stranding runners in scoring position with less than two outs. It's very disappointing to see them regress back to this crap.

Angels made 11 runs on the 7th inning against the Red Sox.

wow...

It's 2016 and the Cubs are still having trouble with the Mets. Perhaps this has always been the case, like in 1969?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

No. Baseball is stupid, dumb, random and ignores all logic and reason, for good and for ill. That's all it is. The Cubs were 7-0 against the Mets in the regular season and then baseball said "lol" in the playoffs. It's meaningless.

-----
    Words to|live by

5 cubs starting in the all star game amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    5 cubs starting in the all star game amazing
    The entire infield are made of Cubs, just wow
    Jake Arrieta and John Lester made it too, so that's 7 total
    Last edited by Pokegirl Fan~; 6th July 2016 at 1:59 AM.

Here is our best teams at the break that currently lead in each playoff spot AL East Orioles AL Central Indians AL West Rangers AL wild cards Red Sox and Blue Jays NL East Nationals NL Central Cubs NL West Giants NL Wild Cards Dodgers and winner of Marlins Mets.

The Mariners and White Sox sure surprised us in the beginning of the season. I thought they would go to the postseason this year, but nope.

I'm glad my Dodgers are doing okay.
    Last edited by Genos; 11th July 2016 at 8:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    The Mariners and White Sox sure surprised us in the beginning of the season. I thought they would go to the postseason this year, but nope.

I'm glad my Dodgers are doing okay.
    Im a sox fan and I knew they wouldnt keep it up, mostly beacuse I dont think robin is a great manager. They have talent but lose too many stupid games.

The American league gets home field advantage for the world series again. The All-star game was pretty close, final score of 4-2.
    and it looks like the "hacker's curse" strikes again for the St. Louis Cardinals with that guy striking out leaving the bases loaded

One thing that never changes for Dombrowski... trading farm pieces for Major League Talent be it an overpay or just plain risky. Gotta say though, Boston does look a little better after their trades up to this point.

Gonna be one heck of a 2nd half in Baseball this season, every division is up for the taking. Well unless you're a Twins or Braves fan and probably a Diamondbacks or Padres fan
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Flashy

Image made by me

No cycle for Chris Taylor man those singles are just too hard but at least he got his first career homerun and grand slam

Strasburg has been beaten for the first time this year!!! Amazing he went all the way to July without a loss.

Man, we may lose Kershaw for rest of the season (and maybe postseason).

Baseball gods why

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Man, we may lose Kershaw for rest of the season (and maybe postseason).

Baseball gods why
    Why, you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No. Baseball is stupid, dumb, random and ignores all logic and reason, for good and for ill. That's all it is.
    We are nothing but the pawns of a petty, vengeful deity who enjoys twisting probability in the name of getting a few cheap laughs out of it.

-----
    Words to|live by

And I thought our pitching rotation was getting good again.

Then again Ryu came out disappointing and went back to the DL.

I'll say this, Verlander feels like a sleeper for the Cy Young this season. Weather he wins it or not really doesn't matter, but it's nice to see hi, return with a vengeance this season.

Wish Cleveland would lose more often though : /
    Flashy

Image made by me

Giants had a large lead over the dodgers after the all star break and now their lead is just 1 game

(Dodgers are about to jump a bunch of teams in MLB.com's power rankings they weren't even in the top 10 this week)
    Last edited by Ilikepiex7; 30th July 2016 at 6:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    Giants had a large lead over the dodgers after the all star break and now their lead is just 1 game
    After the All star break, they haven't been the same.

Today's games were crazy though.
    Last edited by Genos; 30th July 2016 at 6:59 AM.

Lucroy vetoes his trade to the 1st place Indians... what a strange world we live in these days
    Flashy

Image made by me

He didn't feel it was a fit for him financially or as far as playing time (and quite frankly the Indians are pretty dumb for not addressing both of those concerns, but that's just me). He negotiated a contract that allows him to have that degree of control, so good for him for using it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Interesting trades today before the deadline

Yankees got paid at this deal, I'd damn near say they might just have the best Farm System now... if not close. Just a simple case of the rich get richer

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    He didn't feel it was a fit for him financially or as far as playing time (and quite frankly the Indians are pretty dumb for not addressing both of those concerns, but that's just me). He negotiated a contract that allows him to have that degree of control, so good for him for using it.
    I totally agree with him and that's not just because I'm a Tiger fan hoping for a Cleveland slide... He did however get moved to another 1st place team where Catching will be no problem whatsoever (Texas)
    Flashy

Image made by me

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast