View Poll Results: What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

Voters
1080. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rowlet

467 43.24%
  • Litten

343 31.76%
  • Popplio

270 25.00%
Page 1 of 505 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion & Thread

Default Starter Discussion & Thread

Mod input:
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless
    Discuss the three new starter Pokemon for Sun and Moon!

All posts must be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Also, we know that this is the speculation thread and you are free to speculate the possible designs of the starters' evolutions. But we encourage everyone to please try and refrain from posting Fakemon.

Simply posting "I think [starter] will evolve into something like this." or "I want [starter] to evolve into this." will also be considered spam and will result to infractions.

Grass
        Spoiler:- Rowlet line:

Fire
        Spoiler:- Litten line:

Water
        Spoiler:- Popplio line:

Serebii's new pokémon page
    Official English new pokémon page
    What would you guys like for the new starters?

going of the possible south america ideas, I'm hoping for a jaguar. If so, likely the water one, mostly physical
    Last edited by Endless; 27th October 2016 at 4:05 PM.
    I MM'd a shiny shinx only 39 eggs, no shiny charm/o power! 3/9/2015

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Trade shop, come and browse! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post17690690

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

I've claimed Beartic!

Anything but another piplup/oshawott/chespin ripoff.

Same here.

Wish I could think of a good fire type, going of off SA.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Trade shop, come and browse! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post17690690

I've claimed Beartic!

Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    Seconded.

I would also love a dolphin-based water starter.

A little dino kind of pokemon as the grass starter. Similiar to Charmander. Also get wings for the final stage like Charizard. Grass->Grass->Grass/Dragon. Medium fast (90BST). Special Attacker (110 BST). Medium-High defensive stats(90-100BST).

A canine like pokemon for the fire starter, that get's bipedal. Body structure like a mix from both Infernape and Swampert for the final stage. Fire->Fire->Fire/Dark. Also can learn many fighting moves, is fast (100-110BST) and have high Attack (120BST) and maybe Sp.Attack stats (95-100BST) Low defensive.

A little lobster kind of pokemon for the water starter. Turns into a giant lobster with giant claws, that look like Scissors. Look similiar to Crush Crawfish from the Mega Man Universe. Water->Water->Water/Steel. High defensive stats (110-120BST), Higher attack (100BST), low speed (50-60BST)

Rock, Grass, Ice typings for the starter base forms and ending up as Rock/Water, Grass/Flying, and Fire/Ice for their final evolutions.

Black Lives Matter

^Y'know, maned wolves (which are orange reddish) could be a decent canine fire starter.
    Last edited by CrusherTheFeraligatr; 26th February 2016 at 5:45 PM.

-My younger brother

I've claimed Beartic!

Ooo, thought about this way too much before Sun and Moon was a thing, admittedly.

Love a fire/poison starter. Perhaps make it a snake cause of the whole zodia theory, maybe give it two heads to differ it from like the snivy line? We had very anthropromorphic starters last gen, I want some good old fashioned monsters again XD

Definitely want a dolphin water type, maybe make it water/fairy in the end. We SO need a dolphin and it would be really cute/beautiful to balance the giant snake.

I want a bug based grass starter, haven't had a bug starter ever! I'm thinking a grass/steel tarantula like Pokémon that has steel web traps. It would be super weak to fire, but it's an uncommon type pairing, and maybe it could have a signature move that effects the field and weakens the strength of fire type attacks? Or a HA that does that?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they did a branched final evolution for a gen. Like, Sun has the starters fully evole into one Pokémon, and Moon another. That would frehsen up the style without sacraficing the fire-water-grass tradition.

Not that I don't love the snakes, I'd vote komodo dragon or something for fire/poison.

-My younger brother

I've claimed Beartic!

an Cat, Dog and Mouse.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Hopefully a different kind of animal for the fire starter. Komodo dragon sounds cool, maybe a bear or tiger =)

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I want:

Grass starter > Gras Koala or Gras Woodpecker > Grass/Fighting Koala or Grass/Flying Woodpecker
    Fire > Fire Asian Elephant with fire tusks > Fire/Dark in the end
    Water > Water/Psychic Dolphin
    My 3DS games:

Mario Kart 7 (11)
    Resident Evil: Revelations (11)
    Super Mario 3D Land (11)
    Fifa 13 (12)
    Fire Emblem: Awakening (12)
    Bravely Default (13)
    Pokémon Y (13)
    The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (13)
    Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (14)
    Pokémon Omega Ruby (14)
    Super Smash Bros For Nintendo 3DS (14)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (15)
    Bravely Second: End Layer (16)
    Dragon Quest VII Fragments Of The Forgotten Past (16)
    Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (16)
    Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (16)
    Monster Hunter Generations (16)
    Yo-Kai Watch (16)

Coming Soon

Pokémon Sun (16)
    Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King (17)
    Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirits (17)

There is the spectacled bear, if the SA idea pans out.

-My younger brother

I've claimed Beartic!

I wish they'd introduce a koala or a kangaroo-like starter in this generation. A dolphin ain't that bad of an idea, as well, but if they do release one, the design should be seriously middle ground fantasy because dolphins do not look flattering in real life. Or a moose? They can decide on their types, I just want to see these animals brought to life in Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Not that I don't love the snakes, I'd vote komodo dragon or something for fire/poison.
    Oh that's actually a REALLY good idea. I couldn't even think of another poison creature besides a snake! I could get behind that, we don't have a Komodo dragon Pokémon and that is such a basic animal it would be easy to flourish it up Pokémon style.
    Last edited by .Aerodactyl.; 26th February 2016 at 6:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Aerodactyl. View Post
    Oh that's actually a REALLY good idea. I couldn't even think of another poison creature besides a snake! I could get behind that, Ed don't have a Komodo dragon Pokémon and that is such a basic animal it would be easy to flourish it up Pokémon style.
    I'd kill for a komodo dragon pokemon. I love them. Or, going by the Central/South America ideas, possibly a gila monster?

-My younger brother

I've claimed Beartic!

For the grass starter I'm hoping for a Koala-like Pokémon that could have an abillity that makes it immune to poison type moves, as a reference to Koala's eating Eucaplyptus leaves that are too poisonous for other animals to eat.

For the fire starter I'm hoping for a tiger cub that later evolves into a Fire/Dark Siberian tiger.

For the water starter I'm hoping for either a dolphin that eventually becomes a water/psychic type or a water type Hadrosaur (Duck-billed dinosaur)

I'm gonna be angry if there isn't a Fire/Fighting starter

Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    ..........oh no...i just realized we never got a fire type one of these...

But besides that, I kinda hope all 3 starters are good looking. Gen 6 almost had it until we got their final evolutions. I feel like I might choose grass this time around. I chose fennekin and mudkip in the last two games so now it's time to switch again....unless the other ones catch my eye.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Sun Team Roster:

You know what, I don't care what they are. I just wish they'd all look horrible in the early stages and give us all a huge punch in the face for being awesome and cool in their final stages of evolution. Fennekin really ruined everything for me last generation. Switched to Team Froakie (still chose Chespin, though) right away.

I just wish they'd give us the beginner forms. Heck, even an outline would've been nice.

-My younger brother

I've claimed Beartic!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentium View Post
    You know what, I don't care what they are. I just wish they'd all look horrible in the early stages and give us all a huge punch in the face for being awesome and cool in their final stages of evolution. Fennekin really ruined everything for me last generation. Switched to Team Froakie (still chose Chespin, though) right away.
    agree... Fennekin was a complete letdown... I remembre I couldn't thinking about that cuteness in schoole when it was released... I drawed it times and times again in my books hahaha. And then Braixen came and I was like... take it easy... take it easy... it is still good. and then... once upon a time... DELPHOX! nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! However... I chose fennekin with the girl character and graninja in the boy one. Chestnaugh is just tremendously horrible IMO.

I was really, really, really hoping for a RACOON starter with speed and special attack. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Like Sly Cooper or something hehehehe

I just want another Flying starter Pokemon. I don't even care which one it goes to. I love having my starter Pokemon fly me around mid-game. We've only had that in two games so far (Fighting on the other hand...).

I also think another Steel starter would be pretty cool.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

I think the grass starter will be a llama, the fire starter will be a red panda, and the water starter will be a narwhal.
    Confirmed New Pokémon:

Magearna, Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Solgaleo, Lunala, Yungoos, Pikipek, Grubbin, Rockruff, Komala, Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, Togedemaru, Salandit, Bewear, Mimikyu, Bounsweet, Wimpod, Mudsdale, Comfey, Oricorio, Minior, Gumshoos, Fomantis, Lurantis, Mudbray, Wishiwashi, Morelull, Pyukumuku, Turtonator, Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand, Stufful, Type: Null, Jamgmo-o, Lycanroc, Passimian, Oranguru, Dartrix, Torracat, Brionne, Silvally, Hakomo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, Ribombee, Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Trumbeak. Toucannon, Salazzle, Golisopod

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Rock, Grass, Ice typings for the starter base forms and ending up as Rock/Water, Grass/Flying, and Fire/Ice for their final evolutions.
    That's a really cool idea. I'd love if they only gained the elemental typings when they evolved.

My only hope is that they have good designs. I care more about that than type combinations, really.

Page 1 of 505 123451151101 ... LastLast