View Poll Results: What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

Voters
1080. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rowlet

467 43.24%
  • Litten

343 31.76%
  • Popplio

270 25.00%
Page 3 of 505 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion & Thread

I'm rather hoping for a mantis shrimp starter, myself (with a Hidden Ability of either Compound Eyes or Tinted Lens). Although the only type formation that would really make sense is Water/Fighting. So...Grass/Psychic and Fire/Dark? We have all of those, though...

I'd personally want a Grass/Fighting Raptor, Fire/Fairy Unicorn and Water/Steel Buffalo Pokemon. That'd be unconventionally unique!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    I'd personally want a Grass/Fighting Raptor, Fire/Fairy Unicorn and Water/Steel Buffalo Pokemon. That'd be unconventionally unique!
    The last thing we need is for Grass to follow Fire's footsteps and have multiple Grass/Fighting types in a row XD

If they aren't going pure Grass/Fire/Water, I want the starters' types to be combos that no other starters have with preference to completely new type combos for each

I do not ever think that Pokemon will diverge from the Fire/Water/Grass triangle in the main series games. There are certain things that may change about the starters over time as obviously they did not mind moving away from reptiles for the grass starters.

Personally, I have been envisioning a starter trio of a peacock, a bear, and a platypus.
    A Grass/Flying peacock would be pretty legit and would round out the trio of bird starters.
    A Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock or Fire/Steel bear would be awesome in my eyes.
    And then a Water/Fighting platypus. I originally thought of Water/Poison, but then thoughts of Perry the Platypus fighting evil crept into my mind and now I want a kung fu-fighting platypus.
    I BE HAVING NO SIGNATURE.

I would really like for the starters this gen to have unique type combinations from the rest of the starters. Like Grass/Ice, Fire/Ground and Water/Rock. Personally I'd like to see any one of the three be an Ice type. I'd love it even more if it were Fire/Ice. Probably not the best type defensively, but it could make for a cool Pokémon design.
    First and Favorite Pokémon

I like the idea of Ground,Electric and Flying for secondary type combinations

I'm getting really tired of the repetitive Fire-Water-Grass trichotomy. I want something different. Either offer different types, or offer more choices than just three, or have some version exclusive starters, or ANYTHING else. Just PLEASE do something different Game Freak.

EDIT: Also I wish Game Freak would have starters that were weak instead of powerhouses. It would encourage people to use strategy and have diversity on their teams instead of making it so easy to get through the game with your starter as your dominant weapon.
    Last edited by TWN; 26th February 2016 at 10:06 PM.

I would like to see a water-fighting starter.

As for what beasts, if this region is based off of Italy, then I'd like to see a Stag, Wolf, Eagle based trio (Fire/Dark Stag - think Satyr-like, Water/Fighting Wolf, and Grass/Flying Eagle)

If this region is based off of Spain than I'd like to see a Bull, Bear, and Lion based trio (Grass/Steel Bull, Fire/Dark Bear, and Water/Fighting Lion)

Quote Originally Posted by .Aerodactyl. View Post
    I'm calling a split evolution for the final starters May not happen, but I'm predicting. It could be as crazy as giving two completely different secondary typings, or just a subtle aestetic and stat change but definitely a way to refresh the system.
    What if the split evolution occurred by either evolving it in daytime or nighttime? The games are called sun and moon, after all
    TEAM VALOR

Grass/Electric is my dream, with Special Attack and Speed to support it. This is just a type combo I really want to see, and I'd love to get it early on the game with the starter.

Fire/I don't care so long as it isn't Fighting. Maybe Rock or Poison could be interesting.

Water, I'm not sure. Anything would be fine. Maybe Ice or Ghost.

For me I want starters that I think are really cute. (Not really that much of a competitive player) Also, I do not want to see Fire/Fighting. We have 3 of those. Starter type combos not seen before would be cool too. (We usually get those, though.)

I want starters based on inanimate objects like mirror, house or car.
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
    Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
    Scream, screaming, screaming bloody murder,
    ...wow yeah

I'd like some cool starters that look adorable in first stage, cool in second stage, and badass in third stage.

Fire - I want a Tiger! It keeps with the Zodiac theme: Charizard - Dragon / Typhlosion - Mouse / Blaziken - Rooster / Infernape - Monkey / Emboar - Pig / Delphox - Dog. Maybe a Dark secondary type?

Grass - I'd like an Echidna! They're cute and they could easily be made into a Grass-Type Pokémon. Not to mention they utilize electric sensitive cells to find prey so an awesome Grass/Electric Type!

Water - A Dolphin would be cool! It doesn't really matter what its secondary type is, Psychic/Poison/Fairy any would be good.

The only thing I would absolutely abhor is another Fire/Fighting starter. DO YOU HEAR ME GAMEFREAK!?! Gods and Goddesses help you if you make another Fire/Fighting Type!
    I want to see a powerful Legendary Kitsune Pokemon that I can capture in a Japanese-esque Temple/Shrine. Kitsune are awesome!

Sun and Moon have a great ending, totally gets to your feelings, I applaud GameFreak for giving us such fulfilling experiences with their games. The FEELS guys, the FEELS!

I want a change in the starter stereotypes. Grass doesn't need to be the defensive Pokemon again. We haven't even had a defensive fire starter yet. Fire types aren't great as walls but let it happen for one generation. Otherwise, make the grass type a strong offensive Pokemon that ISN'T physical.

I'd like to see a Starter that has Ghost as a secondary type.

Some concepts I was working with:

(Grass/Steel)
    Ability: Overgrow
    Hidden Ability: Permaculture - Halves the damage done by moves strong against Grass-types.

HP: 95
    Attack: 90
    Defense: 110
    Sp. Attack: 60
    Sp. Defense: 120
    Speed: 60
    Total: 535

Type Effectiveness:
    Weak to: Fire (4x), Fighting (2x)
    Immune to: Poison (0x)
    Resistant to: Grass (1/4x), Dragon (1/2x), Electric (1/2x), Fairy (1/2x), Normal (1/2x), Psychic (1/2x), Rock (1/2x), Steel (1/2x), Water (1/2x)

*If this Pokémon’s ability is Permaculture, Bug, Flying and Ice is 1/2x effective, and Fire is 2x effective.

Concept: Hedgehog Cactus/Porcupine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Fire/Fairy)
    Ability: Blaze
    Hidden Ability: Incinerate - Causes all Normal-type moves used to become Fire-type and receive a 30% boost.

HP: 78
    Attack: 60
    Defense: 85
    Sp. Attack: 120
    Sp. Defense: 80
    Speed: 112

Type Effectiveness:
    Weak to: Ground (2x), Poison (2x), Rock (2x), Water (2x)
    Immune to: Dragon (0x)
    Resistant to: Bug (1/4x), Dark (1/2x), Fairy (1/2x), Fighting (1/2x), Fire (1/2x), Grass (1/2x), Ice (1/2x)

Concept: Ferret/Red Panda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Water/Fighting)
    Ability: Torrent
    Hidden Ability: Adaptability

HP: 92
    Attack: 120
    Defense: 73
    Sp. Attack: 60
    Sp. Defense: 100
    Speed: 90

Type Effectiveness:
    Weak to: Electric (2x), Fairy (2x), Flying (2x), Grass (2x), Psychic (2x)
    Immune to: None
    Resistant to: Bug (1/2x), Dark (1/2x), Fire (1/2x), Ice (1/2x), Rock (1/2x), Steel (1/2x), Water (1/2x)

Concept: Salamander
    Last edited by cmats4020; 27th February 2016 at 1:17 AM.

Grass: A cheetah would be cool. Probably have high speed and attack stats, but no secondary type. Not sure about hidden ability, though.
    Fire: Would resemble kind of a dark rock with molten glowing from within it, like Magcargo's shell. Secondary type would be rock, strong defense, and hidden ability either Flame Body or Sturdy.
    Water: Either a bat or elephant. Bat would be part flying, and elephant could be part fairy. Not sure about elephant's hidden ability, but the bat's could be a new ability called Nocturnal that would boost its stats during the night.

Honestly both Chesnaught and Delphox were truly terrible and aesethically unpleasing, among the worst designed Pokémon in the whole series. I just want starters with good designs, particularly their final stages.

As for types I don't really care, the devs love to slap the fighting type on a starter, I won't be surprised if we get a water/fighting mon this time around, although i'd love if they stop giving fighting-type to starters for a loong time. Poison deserves some spotlight, so i'd be ecstatic if they give said type to a starter, Fire/Poison would be dope (x4 weakness to ground kills it tho').

They could do a double type triangle. Like: Grass/Steel, Water/Ground and Fire/Ice
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    I really like the idea of a Grass/Fighting raptor, but I worry that it may look too much like Sceptile.. And we just had Chesnaught.. Perhaps an offensive Grass/Steel would work? Give it Metal Claw for obvious reasons. Steel Wing and Brave Bird as a hints towards it being revealed to be more like a chicken then a lizard.. Extreme Speed, Double Team, based off raptors hunting in packs? xD

Do you mean a Water Buffalo? Dunno.. Don't know about it, but who knows..

Fire/Fairy seems like a cool idea, Unicorn make sense, but we already have a Fire-type unicorn. Fire/Fairy could be Rapidash' Mega Evolution, for sure.

Considering we're adding Fairy to Fire, that gives it a way to deal with Steel-types. I'd like to see a starter gain the Poison-type, but Grass/Poison has been done and Water/Poison just isn't that good. We've also already have Ferrothorn and Empoleon.. Water/Fighting? Poliwrath, Keldeo..

Grass/Steel raptor..
    Fire/Fairy tiger. Maybe something a bit more different then Arcanine.
    Water/Fighting-something, a more defensive Fighting-type with a good Special, as opposed to Poliwrath. Huge HP, good Sp.D, subpar Speed, but good moves. Perhaps it can make good use of Vacuum Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    Honestly both Chesnaught and Delphox were truly terrible and aesethically unpleasing, among the worst designed Pokémon in the whole series. I just want starters with good designs, particularly their final stages.

As for types I don't really care, the devs love to slap the fighting type on a starter, I won't be surprised if we get a water/fighting mon this time around, although i'd love if they stop giving fighting-type to starters for a loong time. Poison deserves some spotlight, so i'd be ecstatic if they give said type to a starter, Fire/Poison would be dope (x4 weakness to ground kills it tho').
    I don't think that Chesnaught looks that bad. The shiny version is definitely aesthetically pleasing. Delphox was just a letdown after Braixen..
    Last edited by Locormus; 27th February 2016 at 2:23 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Im possibly going to start a war with this but Id really like a Fire starter that is a true quadraped.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

The Fire starter is most likely going to be one of these: Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Horse or Goat.

Seeing as the other Chinese Zodiacs have already been taken:
    - Dragon (Charmander line)
    - Rat (Cyndaquil line. The whole line is based on rodents.)
    - Monkey (Chimchar line)
    - Pig (Tepig line)
    - Dog (Fennekin line. I know it's a Fennec fox, but foxes are canine, so yeah...)

For Grass, they have ran out of reptiles, that's why we got Chespin. Who knows what we'll get. Probably another mammal.

For Water, there are still other amphibians out there. OR animals that can live in both land and water.
    We've had a turtle, crocodile, mudpuppy, penguin, otter, and a frog. They can do salamanders, newts, seals, mink, or a polar bear.

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Honestly, all I want is for one of the starters to gain the Dragon type. For reals and not just in Mega forme.
    Doesn't matter which type gets it imo.

And I hope we don't get another Oshawott/Chespin clone

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Honestly, all I want is for one of the starters to gain the Dragon type. For reals and not just in Mega forme.
    Doesn't matter which type gets it imo
    I feel like I heard from somewhere that starters aren't usually given the Dragon type because it would be too overpowered for them. IIRC that was mainly the reason why Charizard wasn't given the Dragon type even though it looks so much like one. Also it'd be nice to see, but I'd wonder how the other starters would compare to it in terms of popularity.

Overall, I'm hoping to see a Grass/Steel or Fire/Ground combo myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrigon View Post
    I feel like I heard from somewhere that starters aren't usually given the Dragon type because it would be too overpowered for them. IIRC that was mainly the reason why Charizard wasn't given the Dragon type even though it looks so much like one. Also it'd be nice to see, but I'd wonder how the other starters would compare to it in terms of popularity.

Overall, I'm hoping to see a Grass/Steel or Fire/Ground combo myself.
    I would say that was just in the first generation. Dragons aren't near the threat they were before Fairy was introduced. However, I could also see Dragon being denied to starters because it would make the other elementals neutral at best against it. That is, unless another starter is granted the Fairy or Ice type.

Black Lives Matter

Page 3 of 505 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast