View Poll Results: What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

Voters
1080. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rowlet

467 43.24%
  • Litten

343 31.76%
  • Popplio

270 25.00%
Page 4 of 505 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion & Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I would say that was just in the first generation. Dragons aren't near the threat they were before Fairy was introduced. However, I could also see Dragon being denied to starters because it would make the other elementals neutral at best against it. That is, unless another starter is granted the Fairy or Ice type.
    That would seem like a good balance at this point in the series. It'd be nice to see more exotic typings for the starters too.

I have always wanted a set that contained Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Flying for the starters. I don't care about balance and weaknesses. I just think it would be cool, because it would finally allow for there to be one starter of each type that represented the land and one of the air. Charizard, Swampert, and Torterra make up the other 3.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    I have always wanted a set that contained Grass/Flying, Fire/Ground, and Water/Flying for the starters. I don't care about balance and weaknesses. I just think it would be cool, because it would finally allow for there to be one starter of each type that represented the land and one of the air. Charizard, Swampert, and Torterra make up the other 3.
    What kind of animal would be the basis for a Grass/Flying Starter??

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    A bird? Like almost any bird.

Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    If not for the popular fan creation that already exists, I would have suggested a Hummingbird concept, but fans beat GameFreak to that design. Maybe another Squirrel concept for Grass/Flying.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I think we'll have a water type, fire type and oh yeah a grass type.
    My 3DS Friend code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143
    Hoping to make lots of friends!

I'd like to see them go with a different cycle of three types. Fairy/Fighting/Steel would work nicely. Other trios include Bug/Grass/Rock, Dark/Fighting/Psychic, Electric/Ground/Water, Ice/Fighting/Flying, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Grass/Rock/Flying, Fire/Ice/Ground, Fire/Steel/Rock, Grass/Ground/Poison, Grass/Rock/Ice, Ice/Ground/Rock, and Ice/Ground/Steel.

Most notable among the other options is the Rock/Fighting/Flying trio, which form a perfect trio - each resists the one it's strong against, and they're all the same to themselves (in this case, they're all neutral to their own type, whereas Fire/Grass/Water all resist their own type).

I know I've said this multiple times and sound like an old record but I want my Grass "bird" starter damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    I'd like to see them go with a different cycle of three types. Fairy/Fighting/Steel would work nicely. Other trios include Bug/Grass/Rock, Dark/Fighting/Psychic, Electric/Ground/Water, Ice/Fighting/Flying, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Grass/Rock/Flying, Fire/Ice/Ground, Fire/Steel/Rock, Grass/Ground/Poison, Grass/Rock/Ice, Ice/Ground/Rock, and Ice/Ground/Steel.

Most notable among the other options is the Rock/Fighting/Flying trio, which form a perfect trio - each resists the one it's strong against, and they're all the same to themselves (in this case, they're all neutral to their own type, whereas Fire/Grass/Water all resist their own type).
    I've never understood this desire for the starting trio of types to change. I like the Grass/Fire/Water trio.

Here's what I'd like to see:
    First, the type breakdown. I wanna see Fire/Poison, Water/Fairy, and Grass/Rock
    Fire < Water < Grass
    Poison is Super Effective on Fairy + Poison RESISTS Fairy, so Fire can SE hit Water = Fire starter has a chance against Water
    Water is Super Effective on Rock + Grass RESISTS Water, so Water hits for neutral = Water has a chance against Grass
    Rock is Super Effective on Fire + Rock RESISTS Poison, so Poison hits for neutral = Grass starter has a chance against Fire

Rock > Fire
    Rock R Poison
    Poison > Fairy
    Poison R Fairy
    Water > Rock

The Water type seems weakest, however late-game it can have TONS of coverage.

I have no ideas what the animals would be

Gen 5: Gen 4: Gen 3: Gen 2: Gen 1:
    Zoroark Lucario Metagross Tyranitar Gengar

Till this day they still can function together as a team. And they will continue to do so.

http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
    http://media.tumblr.com/87de37fff9d3...Rzy1qz4rgp.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/68dd21331...sia6o1_500.gif

With palm trees and what I've seen so far, it looks like a warm, tropical climate. Given that in mind, the starters and general Pokemon would ideally fit in that kind of climate. For a Grass-Type, there's a lot of possibilities. We could get another lizard, similar to Treecko, or something like a Koala. People seem to want a Grass/Flying type, so I wouldn't mind seeing a flashy bird. For a Fire-Type, I wouldn't mind seeing a Phoenix. A bright, flashy colored bird like a Phoenix would fit perfectly. A Tiger or something else exotic would be pretty cool too. As for a Water-Type, something like a Hippo would be nice. I wouldn't mind seeing another crocodile or reptilian like Feraligator either.

Grass type: maybe an Iguana of some sort.
    Fire Type: Since they are based on the Chinese Zodiac: I'd love to see an Ox or a Tiger
    For a Water started: An Anaconda would be awesome, or a crocodile.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Trials Completed: 0
    • Exploring Alola and training my Team
    • Current team: Rowlett, Grubbin.
    "A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.
    Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat..."
    -- Sarefan

I´d love to see those type combinations:

Grass/Electric
    Fire/Fairy
    Water/Ghost or Psychic
    My shinies

Random: Meowstic, Salandit,
    RE:
    SR: Greninja Tyrantrum
    MM: Araquanid, Bewear
    SOS: Salazzle
    Lost/failed: x2

BQ´s:

LG:
    HG: 1 2 3 4 5.
    Pt: 1 2 3 4

Anything but ugly ones. We've had enough of them already. Also, no more fire/fighting please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarefan View Post
    Grass type: maybe an Iguana of some sort.
    Fire Type: Since they are based on the Chinese Zodiac: I'd love to see an Ox or a Tiger
    For a Water started: An Anaconda would be awesome, or a crocodile.
    I was thinking about an iguana but not as a starter.

I would like to see an iguana with a split evo.

It could be dragon and could evolve into a water/dragon marine iguana or a poison/dragon komodo dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodame View Post
    Anything but ugly ones. We've had enough of them already. Also, no more fire/fighting please!
    This. As much as I love chimchar and torchic, we don't need fire fighting again. And I agree, I hope they're a little more lovable

I'd love to see a peacock (Grass/Flying), red panda (Fire/Fairy would be epic) and a water bear (Water/Bug).

Giving us a starter with Poison, Fairy, Flying, Bug, or Dragon subtypes would be nice. No more Fighting, please!

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    I'd love to see a peacock (Grass/Flying), red panda (Fire/Fairy would be epic) and a water bear (Water/Bug).

Giving us a starter with Poison, Fairy, Flying, Bug, or Dragon subtypes would be nice. No more Fighting, please!
    Water bear is Water/Bug? Why?

Black Lives Matter

Water bears are a type of microorganism, which I think would make an interesting starter concept because it has the potential to totally throw people off and have a cool Water/Bug type. Surskit, step aside.

Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    Water bears are a type of microorganism, which I think would make an interesting starter concept because it has the potential to totally throw people off and have a cool Water/Bug type. Surskit, step aside.
    Gotcha. That is really interesting.

Black Lives Matter

I would totally love if we would get a starter that has a secondary typing even in its first stage, like Bulbasaur. A Water/Bug type would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    A bird? Like almost any bird.
    Wouldn't Peacock make for a great Grass/Flying starter...i can dream

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    I would totally love if we would get a starter that has a secondary typing even in its first stage, like Bulbasaur. A Water/Bug type would be great.
    I loved Bulbasaur having Grass/Poison right from the get-go, I'm surprised they haven't done that since!

Quote Originally Posted by KKS-Lapras View Post
    I've never understood this desire for the starting trio of types to change. I like the Grass/Fire/Water trio.
    It's simple - it's a changing up of the formula a bit. I wouldn't want it to be different every time, it's not about that... but starters are a special class of pokemon, they get a special set of abilities specific to starters and they get special moves designed to only be available to starters. Also, the games are typically balanced around the starters.

Anyway, if it's going to be the standard Fire/Water/Grass trio, then here's what I'd go for:

Grass: An echidna-like pokemon with spines replaced with blades of grass. Based on the echidna, which has an interesting ability to use electricity to help it find food. Becomes Grass/Electric
    Fire: A coyote-like pokemon, based on the Coyote of Native American mythology. Becomes Fire/Rock, maybe?
    Water: A horse-like pokemon with a fish-like tail that grows wings as it evolves. Based on the Hippocamp, and literally a sea-horse (as opposed to the seahorse, without a hyphen). Becomes Water/Flying. Might begin as Water/Normal?

I chose Grass/Electric and Water/Flying based on the inspiration but intended to make for an interesting interaction between starter typing, but for the Fire type, a secondary type was hard to choose. Fire/Dark would be more thematic to the inspiration, but is boring when paired with Grass/Electric and Water/Flying. Fire/Rock is more interesting typing in the trio (gives a double-weakness to Water but gives it a STAB attack against Flying, removes resistance to Grass), but the only real way to make it thematic is to make it an "ancient coyote" and thus almost a fossil pokemon.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    The problem with that is that starters really need to feel like they're "cuddly" at the start, and a water/bug type isn't likely to be cuddly. There most certainly needs to be a Water/Bug family that doesn't lose its Water type (like Surskit), but I don't think it makes sense for a starter. Same reason why I didn't suggest a Fire/Bug pokemon based on a firefly for my idea for a Fire starter.
    Last edited by Aielyn; 27th February 2016 at 3:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soleli View Post
    Wouldn't Peacock make for a great Grass/Flying starter...i can dream
    I personally am pulling for cardinal to falcon, but peacock would be fine. The woodpecker thing always could be.

Black Lives Matter

Page 4 of 505 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast