View Poll Results: What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

Voters
1080. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rowlet

467 43.24%
  • Litten

343 31.76%
  • Popplio

270 25.00%
Page 5 of 505 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Discussion & Thread

I like the ideas of more exotic ideas for starters myself.
    I have liked the concept of a grass/flying bird starter, so I will say what I think about that. I personally would like a more atypical bird, like perhaps a Cassowary or something like that (the closest to that is the Doduo line, but it is not really that close). The Cassowary does live in forested areas, so that would fit with the grass part. It is a large, flightless bird, so there is the flying part (yes, I have thought that a bird Pokémon like this does not have to be part flying. I was going off the grass/flying idea, so I went with something like this).
    But yes, I like this type combination for a starter, and I feel that a more unique idea would be more interesting and give us a nice change of pace.

Or a Woodpecker. I like that idea as well.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    I like the ideas of more exotic ideas for starters myself.
    I have liked the concept of a grass/flying bird starter, so I will say what I think about that. I personally would like a more atypical bird, like perhaps a Cassowary or something like that (the closest to that is the Doduo line, but it is not really that close). The Cassowary does live in forested areas, so that would fit with the grass part. It is a large, flightless bird, so there is the flying part (yes, I have thought that a bird Pokémon like this does not have to be part flying. I was going off the grass/flying idea, so I went with something like this).
    But yes, I like this type combination for a starter, and I feel that a more unique idea would be more interesting and give us a nice change of pace.

Or a Woodpecker. I like that idea as well.
    The Kiwi would be a perfect choice of Grass/Flying bird starter. It's flightless (which is appropriate if it's a starter), has an appearance that would work well if modified to have grass in place of feathers, and has a natural association to make through a common name - the Kiwi Fruit (also known as Chinese Gooseberry). Add in a bit of Cassowary or Emu as it evolves to make it feel more "powerful" (the Kiwi doesn't look very threatening).

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    The problem with that is that starters really need to feel like they're "cuddly" at the start, and a water/bug type isn't likely to be cuddly. There most certainly needs to be a Water/Bug family that doesn't lose its Water type (like Surskit), but I don't think it makes sense for a starter. Same reason why I didn't suggest a Fire/Bug pokemon based on a firefly for my idea for a Fire starter.
    I agree with this sentiment, but I think that a Bug type does have the ability to look cuddly (Surskit honestly does haha!). However, the Water/Bug starter doesn't necessarily have to start out Water/Bug. I think, especially if it were to be based on the "water bear" microorganism, part of the appeal/surprise would be that it starts off as this adorable and cuddly (yet generic) bear and then eventually gain insect features and look more like what its actually based on as it evolves.

Having a starter that starts out immediately as Grass/Flying, however, seems like it could be viable for a peacock/falcon/whatever bird starter!
    MOON:
    SUN:

I'd like to see a kiwi grass starter that evolves into some kind of giant badass bird like this:
    Physornis-Ten-Dangerous-Prehistoric-Birds_thumb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    The Kiwi would be a perfect choice of Grass/Flying bird starter. It's flightless (which is appropriate if it's a starter), has an appearance that would work well if modified to have grass in place of feathers, and has a natural association to make through a common name - the Kiwi Fruit (also known as Chinese Gooseberry). Add in a bit of Cassowary or Emu as it evolves to make it feel more "powerful" (the Kiwi doesn't look very threatening).
    I did not even think of the Kiwi. Nice idea. Depending on the location of the games, it could be a good choice for the bird (especially if it does turn out to be like either the Hawaii or Southeastern Asia area ideas going around now). (I forgot where the Kiwi comes from at the moment, but I suspect it could work for these.)
    Combining various flightless birds through evolution is an interesting concept as well.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Your right about the Kiwi, as much as i love a Peacock Pokemon Kiwi would make a lot of sense especially if its Hawaii

As long as they don't have some useless type/movepool combination, I'm okay with whatever they roll out with. I remember when GSC rolled out and we got this cool gator looking Pokemon, but its stats didn't match up at all with it's movepool. And then the Snivy line up had a strong defensive stats, but not enough support moves.
    Current Y Team
    None
    Badges: 0
    Kalos Pokedex: 0/0
    FC: 2208-7478-8864
    Current Location: None
    Current Goal: Shiny Hunting (X) | Collecting Badges (Y) | SR Cartridge (AS) | Making A Living Pokedex (OR)
    X Safari: Crawdaunt, Mighteyena, and Liepard
    Living Dex Status: Kanto (151/151) | Johto (100/100) | Hoenn (135/135) | Sinnoh (64/107) | Unova (110/156) | Kalos (61/70)
    TSV: 2418 (OR) | 1582 (X)

Current Shiny Hunt
    , 600+ Eggs, MM/Shiny harm

Recent Shiny
    , 109 Eggs, MM/Shiny Charm

I wonder if they will use new types instead of the usual grass, fire, and water

Quote Originally Posted by Soleli View Post
    Wouldn't Peacock make for a great Grass/Flying starter...i can dream
    It would make a better Grass/Psychic starter.

I just want:
    Fire > Fire/Ghost > Fire/Ghost or Fire/Poison
    Grass > Grass/Electric > Grass/Electric
    Water > Water/Fairy > Water/Fairy
    Planned Omega Ruby Team:
    ///

what a very small part of me wants:
    Fire > Fire/Psychic > Fire/Psychic
    Water > Water/Fighting > Water/Fighting
    Grass > Grass/Dark > Grass/Dark
    probably won't happen since it looks too much like a rehash of gen 6 especially with the fire/psychic hybrid
    here is another combination I would like to see:
    Fire > Fire > Fire/Dragon
    Water > Water > Water/???
    Grass > Grass > Grass/???
    in other words I like fire types and couldn't come up with any ideas for the other two types
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ.
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I agree with a grass bird, but not a full flyer.
    so lets go crazy, maybe...

Grass - Bittern/heron - its theme its based around reeds - final typing: Grass/Water

Water - Sea Anemone - Starts off super cute, but slowly incorporates elements of deep sea vents - Final typing: Water/Fire

Fire - Big Horn sheep - Its belly is a coal furnace that creates fire for explosive headbutts, eventually the coal starts to spread onto its body - Final typing: Fire/Grass
    Planned Sun/Moon Team
    Pokemon Alpha Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles and Trades.
    * 8th of November 2016, the day Gengar died *

A grass starter becoming Grass/Fire, fire starter becoming Fire/Water and water starter becoming Water/Grass would be cool. They would all be neutral to each other.

What if we got - Water/Flying, Fire/Ground, Grass/Electric

Quote Originally Posted by Neilandio View Post
    I'd like to see a kiwi grass starter that evolves into some kind of giant badass bird like this:
    Physornis-Ten-Dangerous-Prehistoric-Birds_thumb.jpg
    I would love a Grass type Kiwi Bird as a starter! Really creative!

But honestly, my main hopes and DREAMS would be: Water/Fairy Dolphin, Grass/Dragon Komodo Dragon and Fire/Dark Wolf. I think these ideas have been stated in earlier pages of this thread but let me tell you how HARD my choice would be if these were the starters (with the above being their final stage typings).
    ❝Don't ever take your eyes off me.❞

Here are my ideas for the starters:

1) A white tiger cub that evolves into a cool tiger that uses blue fire instead of red. Maybe this one could have a type of Fire/Fairy?

2) I saw some ideas up ahead based on echidnas for grass type starters. I really like the idea of a Grass/Electric echidna.

3) A Water/Poison porpoise?

Personally, hope to see them as dual type at the beginning.
    I have to agree with the Woodpecker Grass/Flying and Dolphin Water/Psychic ideas going around the forum. Maybe make the Fire type a wolf that is part Dark type.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernape211 View Post
    Here are my ideas for the starters:

1) A white tiger cub that evolves into a cool tiger that uses blue fire instead of red. Maybe this one could have a type of Fire/Fairy?

2) I saw some ideas up ahead based on echidnas for grass type starters. I really like the idea of a Grass/Electric echidna.

3) A Water/Poison porpoise?
    I love he idea of a porpoise/dolphin pokemon, but is there something I'm missing that makes people pair it with poison often? I think this is, like, the 3rd suggestion I've seen so far for a dolphin/porpoise that's water/Poison.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Current Shinies:
    Malamar, Dragalge, Carbink, Pyroar, Vivillion,

How about for a Grass/Flying starter it starts off as an Australlian grass parakeet? And then it evolves into a larger parrot, and after that just some giant menacing prehistoric-looking bird of prey
    TEAM VALOR

Hopefully if we do even get new starters they go down the line of Gen 4 Starters, which arguably was the best when it comes to the collective group of starters. Not one bad poke in terms of design and utility. Not to mention they each had a good secondary typing.

Maybe something like:

Grass->Grass->Grass/Steel
    -Elephant Based Pokemon
    -Evolves at level 30
    -Highest stat being Special Defense, focuses mainly on Physical Attack
    -With moves like Seed Bomb, Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Iron Head etc.

Fire->Fire->Fire/Fairy
    -Gryphon based Pokemon
    -Evolves at level 32
    -Highest stat being Speed, but can go as a mixed attacker
    -With moves like Playrough, FireBlast, Drill peck etc

Water->Water/Dragon->Water/Dragon
    -Sea Dragon based Pokemon
    -Evolves at level 36
    -Highest stat being HP, focuses mainly on Special Attack
    -With Moves like Surf, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Breath etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    How about for a Grass/Flying starter it starts off as an Australlian grass parakeet? And then it evolves into a larger parrot, and after that just some giant menacing prehistoric-looking bird of prey
    You mean like this:
    Attachment 15300
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 28th February 2016 at 4:57 AM.
    ~Pokemon sun~

FC: 4699-6505-4258

Grass Type Koala: Grass-Grass-Grass/Steel
    Fire Type Bunny: Fire-Fire-Fire/Fairy
    Water Type Platypus: Water-Water-Water/Poison

A cobra fire/poison starter would be epic. It could start of as sort of a Dilophosaurus (the dino from Jurassic Parc that screams and opens up its collar) transforming from bipedal to full-on snake over its evolutions. It could work from a design point of view and the original would be kind of cute. A lot of people really don't feel for snakes though, so the final form should be damn cute. Physically oriented of course or defensive.

Water/fairy based on a lilipad perhaps, delicate and special oriented.

Grass/psychic based on a jaguar - physical powerhouse.

I would love a woodpecker as a grass starter with grass/flying
    The fire starter could be part poison and be scorpion like.
    Water starter a bunny evolving into psychic
    All time favourites

friend code :2165 6376 4070

Quote Originally Posted by Allelujah View Post
    A cobra fire/poison starter would be epic. It could start of as sort of a Dilophosaurus (the dino from Jurassic Parc that screams and opens up its collar) transforming from bipedal to full-on snake over its evolutions. It could work from a design point of view and the original would be kind of cute. A lot of people really don't feel for snakes though, so the final form should be damn cute. Physically oriented of course or defensive.

Water/fairy based on a lilipad perhaps, delicate and special oriented.

Grass/psychic based on a jaguar - physical powerhouse.
    I like your idea of a Fire/Poison cobra!
    It would also be a perfect fit for the whole Chinese Zodiac theme!
    However, a Fire/Electric tiger is all I want! The type combination that I've given it would be a first in the franchise (excluding Rotm's forms), without mentioning the fact that the electric typing would make sense (just look at Raikou).
    Last edited by Aetius; 28th February 2016 at 3:12 PM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 18/12/2016

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

The Fire starter will be based on one of these animals:

Rabbit
    Ox
    Sheep
    Snake
    Horse
    Tiger

I personally see a Tiger or Rabbit being the the Fire starter.

As for the Grass and Water starter, I can see them going away from the reptiles again with the Grass starter, as for the water starter, it needs to be something that is also land based, so maybe it will be a seal, crab, sea bird etc.
    POKEMON Y Friend code: 0447-7754-6328
    Friend Type: Steel Type

Message me with your friend code and I'll add you!

Page 5 of 505 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast