View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
661. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Sun

203 30.71%
  • Pokemon Moon

226 34.19%
  • Both versions

230 34.80%
  • Neither

2 0.30%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Are you picking up Sun? Do you prefer Moon? Buying both? Going physical or digital?
    Discuss the reasons for your decisions.

Stay in topic and use specific threads for discussing other matters.
    All forum rules apply.

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

This isn't even a question! Praise the Sun!!
    3DS Friend Code: 5343-7935-6882
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat

Both versions. I want to fully experience the version exclusives they offer, even if it's just Pokémon. Will be going physical for both. Always prefer retail than digital. It's also nice to have a collection, too.

Definitely Sun version.

#Lionboyz4life
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

I am going with both because I cannot choose between either legendary, plus who knows which new pokemon will be versions exclusives, also I can see them doing exclusive mega stones again. I prefer retail, nothing feels better then having a physical copy of a game, especially a new pokemon game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    Both versions. I want to fully experience the version exclusives they offer, even if it's just Pokémon. Will be going physical for both. Always prefer retail than digital. It's also nice to have a collection, too.
    Well seeing the two glimpses of the legendary locations in the trailer it might be safe to say their might be some exclusive areas based in each game so that could be a positive.
    Last edited by Wulava; 13th May 2016 at 5:12 AM. Reason: Double post; Merged

I wasn't expecting that bombardment of Rowletts.

I'm going with Moon. No particular reason behind my choice, but my brother and I each always get one and play together and I chose Moon on a whim when they were announced.

Going with Sun. Even before that awesome lion legend I was going with it.

I'll also probably aim for a physical copy.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It's lit with Litten!

The Hype Train has arrived at its destination: The Alola Region!

Pokémon Sun Team:

Spoiler:- Team:

Definitely going for Moon, that bat legend is just too dignified and majestic. I might use it on my team even.

Credit to FairyWitch for the banner

I'm buying both but I'm getting Moon first since I like the skeletal-bat Pokemon slightly more than Improved-Pyroar. Hopefully the version exclusives deliver like Pokemon Y did (I like Spritzee and Swirlix equally but my username should be obvious as to why I chose Y).

Moon, it looks more cerebral, majestic, etc.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I'll wait until more info about the games is revealed before I make a final decision, but I'm leaning towards Sun right now, mostly based on how the version mascot looks. I might end up getting both though.
    Last edited by Bananarama; 13th May 2016 at 5:35 AM.

Personally I'm leaning more towards Sun for right now solely based on the legends but it could change depending on what the version differences actually are.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

This is the first generation where I really can't decide which legend I prefer. I actually might get both which I've never even considered before.
    I really should get a real sig...

Leaning towards Moon version since I like the Moon legend a bit more than the Sun legend, may change when the version exclusives are revealed though I will eventually get both.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I am getting both games as I usually do and I already pre-order the games. One game to constantly restart the game and the other game to store level 100 pokemon and shiny pokemon. I decided to get both games because they are on the 3DS and I want to give them a try.
    Last edited by Alexander18; 13th May 2016 at 6:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I am getting both games as I usually do and I already pre-order the games. One game to constantly restart the game and the other game to store level 100 pokemon and shiny pokemon. I decided to get both games because they are on the 3DS and I want to give them a try.
    Boy, just like me.

I will be getting both Sun and Moon, for the new Pokemon and for my comic series' needs. Viva the Pokemon 20th anniversary!!!

Moon Version for me. Don't care for the exclusives. That's what trading is for.

I'm getting both with one of em being physical and other being digital lol. Haven't decided which I will get as the physical copy yet though. And not sure which one I will start plying first that will depend on the exclusives.

Far too early for me to decide. I find both Legendary pokemon appealing. I'm hoping a few Pokemon that are version exclusive are revealed, they might make my decision
    NN ID: Wryteous
    3DS FC: 2036-7898-1385

Both. I'll get Sun first and Moon after a couple of months.

Both. Physical copies. Start two games up and use 2/3 starters early. Trading with myself hehe.

Both, 1 for me and the other for my girlfriend. Both will be physical copies of course! (cause preorder specials!!!) I'm probably gonna take both copies out and farm the second one so I can have all three starters from the get go if I want them or want to breed them. Looking forward to the version exclusives though! Me and her are gonna have to draw straws on which one we play xD
    "Pink Team" BQ:

Definitely getting Pokemon Moon. Even before the legendary was shown I was set to get it lol. Also getting it physical, I really don't like not having the case :c
    Later on I might get Sun, but mostly to have a copy on whatever exclusives it might hold from Moon as well as I guess resetting for whatever events Gamefreak decides to throw at these games or replay :P

Fire and Lightning Race Across the Heavens

I'm getting both(physical copies) moon will be my main game though, when sun/moon were confirmed I decided moon would be my main w/out knowing the legends and I actually like the moon legend better so I'm happy with my main game choice
    MY TSV IN MY AS GAME= 0359
    MY TSV IN MY Y GAME= 2737

Poke Gym Badges- Poison, Grass, Fighting, Ground
    Trinity League Badges- Fire, Grass, Dark, Flying
    TEF League Badges- Normal, Rock

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

I will eventually get both so that's what I voted, however for pre-ordering I'm only getting moon. The lion legendary looks cool but I've always had an affinity towards the moon and lunar cycles, ever since majora's mask and probably earlier in my camping days.

I proposed to my fiancee during a blood moon eclipse and we always go out to the country whenever there is a cool looking moon going to happen (super moons or eclipses) so I had to get moon first.

Also I offer celestial event breeding in my trade shop although no one has requested any yet. I did some for myself and bred a 6/6 IV Vulpix HA in a dream ball with 4 egg moves and reset my 3DS on the day of a solar eclipse to hatch it on that day, I hatched it in the radiant chamber which is an obscure hatching location. It ended up getting the E4 ribbon because it is the room right before the xy champion but that doesn't bother me too much. For a lunar eclipse pokemon I did teddyursa in a moon ball and reset my cartridge to a lunar eclipse date. He came out 6/6 IV also and I hatched him in the dark abyss or whatever the dark cave is in XY.

Long story short I've always enjoyed hatching pokemon on certain days like lunar eclipses and solar eclipses so I was very happy to hear about the themes of the new pokemon games! I definitely lean more towards moon thought so that's what I pre-ordered. The gamestop where I ordered it from is going to have a midnight release party so I will get to make some new friends and do some battling and trading!

*edit*

oh yea and I will get physical copies because I like box art.
    Last edited by Yknot; 13th May 2016 at 7:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    ... that Ribbon Metagross is the coolest thing I have seen in pokemon for a long time...

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast