View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Sun

205 30.87%
  • Pokemon Moon

227 34.19%
  • Both versions

230 34.64%
  • Neither

2 0.30%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

My tradition ever since Black and White revived my interest in the games is to get both versions either at the same time, or eventually.

This time around I am getting both at the same time. I will likely play Moon first, in the end.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

I'm eventually going to get both versions, but I'm picking up Sun on release day, and a buddy of mine is getting Moon.

I am getting Sun, I was going to get Moon but I really didn't like the fact that it would be nighttime while I would be playing during the day. I like the time matching the actual time, I am a bit particular about things like that, ha ha. I am very excited to get Sun though!
    My Brother is pokemonmaster76
    PM me if you want to be my friend!

#teamsun

I liked moon better at first, but the lion is doing it for me.

I'll be getting Moon on release day. I, so far, prefer all the Moon exclusives. I'll get Sun at some point, especially as there will be a few notable story differences so it's worth it.

I've never gotten both versions (even in generations when I had access to two devices that can trade) and these games don't look set to be breaking that habit. As much more efficient for actual gameplay and team-building it is to have both Versions I still find playing through technically the same game twice to be boring (yes, I could play it later, but I'm the kind who will rush through both Versions so I can get down to efficient team-building, so it's a specific case for me) and breaks the "illusion" of the story as a result (and no, for Pokemon I just can't seem to justify "two different timelines" reasoning if it isn't in the storyline itself). I much prefer just picking a version and having it as my "canon" and since I will rush the second game for the sake of efficiency of the first game, it's just feels like "grinding" to me and that game feels more like a "bootleg/badly written fanfic" rather than "alternate timeline".

Well, now I've ruled out getting both versions (like I always do), I usually wait for sufficient information (or something really, really convincing) before I make my decision and tentatively my decision is with Pokemon Sun.

I preferred Solgaleo design-wise compared to Lunala, and even if Lunala looks better and better the more different visuals we have of it, it still didn't beat out Solgaleo in the design department. The typings had me thinking for a bit (since Lunala beats Solgaleo when against each other), but even with "Multiscale", 2 4x weaknesses of rather common attacking types got me back to Solgaleo. (As for their "ironic" weaknesses to Fire/Dark, they're both equally silly and that cancels out in comparison).

Lycanroc Midnight form does look cool like a Werewolf, but ultimately we know it isn't an actual Werewolf of any sort (if anything the Ultra Beasts have better chances of transformation). Lycanroc Midday just looks like an adorable domesticated wolf and considering how I liked Mightyena, Lycanroc Midday appeals to me more. Another point for Sun.

I actually prefer Oranguru to Passiman (Instruct being a move is easier to control than an triggered ability), but nothing a trade and breeding can't fix, so while the point is in Moon, it's not a very solid one. It did help that Instruct repeated the last used moved rather than chose a move (imagine Swords Dance then Instruct into Attack) made Oranguru slightly less appealing.

We only have that video as support, but nothing proves that the Ultra Beast that appears in the version is the one you get to catch, but assuming it is, I prefer UB-02 Absorption to UB-02 Beauty. Something about a four-legged Eldritch Mosquito screams more menace than a Transparent Alien Roach. Sun gets another point.

I don't particularly mind the day-night shift in Moon, but I do appreciate it much more in Sun it just follows your time like in most other games. Not really a point (or half) for Sun, but there aren't much more differences between the versions so I just pointed this out.

So unless something dramatically convincing appears exclusively in Moon (that people aren't likely to trade/share due to rarity), I think I'll be going with Sun this generation.
    "But now I just want to... engage you and see what happens!"

"I want to... analyze you!"
    Favorite Trainer Magma Admin Kagari / Courtney
    Favorite Pokemon Galvantula So terrifying yet so huggable
    Pokemon OTP AgencyShipping

I've pre-ordered Pokémon Moon, however I also might buy Pokémon Sun. I was thinking to buy Pokémon Sun on the release date if Pokémon Moon doesn't arrive on time.

I like to make decisions based on name alone and just hope it ends up being the cooler version lol. I chose 'Moon' the moment it was announced and so far, I've been very pleased with its exclusives (the mascot, the exclusives, etc).
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Current Shinies:
    Malamar, Dragalge, Carbink, Pyroar, Vivillion,

After playing the demo and feeling how it feels to play during the day while in game it is night....I'm picking Sun. Don't like the night time when it is day time outside XD
    FC: 1950-8315-7760
    FS: Normal: Keckleon, Teddiursa and Ditto
    X:

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboosle View Post
    After playing the demo and feeling how it feels to play during the day while in game it is night....I'm picking Sun. Don't like the night time when it is day time outside XD
    That is why I am going to change my 3DS clock with Moon! I may not like Midnight Lycanroc, but I do find Lunala interesting and UB-02 Beauty is the least ugly of the two IMO. Plus, most people I personally know are getting Sun. In addition, Rowlett is the only starter I care about, and therefore Moon version just makes a little more sense.
    Lugia is my favorite Pokemon!

It's interesting how it seemed like Moon was the most popular at first. Now that they've announced the 12 hour difference thing, it seems like Sun might end up being most popular.

I don't get the 12-hour shift, really. I'm definitely going Sun. Midday Lycanroc is adorable, and there's also Passimian. I will have to breed a Drampa from a friend's Moon tho if it is exclusive.
    Yellow: Crystal: Emerald: FireRed:

Platinum: HeartGold: Black:White 2:

X: OmegaRuby:

I'm still playing through Moon first. Wonder why everybody dislikes the time shift I find it quite fun and interesting.
    Shinys: Bulbasaur, Ralts, Latias, Zorua, Chimchar (Newest)

Teams: (So Far)

Sun:
    Inceneroar
    Lycanroc (Midday)
    Vikavolt
    Pikipek+
    Kommo-o
    Wishiwashi

Moon:
    Decedueye
    Oranguru
    Mimikyu
    Minior
    Mudsdale
    Salandit+

Quote Originally Posted by scififan21 View Post
    I'm still playing through Moon first. Wonder why everybody dislikes the time shift I find it quite fun and interesting.
    Beucase it's a needless addition that doesn't do anything in the long run. Really, it changes nothing. A moon player still has access to day time and a Sun player still has access to night time. All it does is say the games are connected to the sun and the moon, which.,.... derp of course they are.
    Teams:

Quote Originally Posted by scififan21 View Post
    I personally dislike the time shift in Moon because I am a natural daytime person. I've never liked to play video games in virtual nighttime or even in dark levels/locations/etc. Heck, in real life I dislike being out after dark. Night is pretty with stars and the moon and all...but everything else about it is unappealing to me. It's why I love summer and struggle to survive winter. But no matter how much I don't like the time shift, still getting Moon for reasons already mentioned.
    Lugia is my favorite Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Beucase it's a needless addition that doesn't do anything in the long run. Really, it changes nothing. A moon player still has access to day time and a Sun player still has access to night time. All it does is say the games are connected to the sun and the moon, which.,.... derp of course they are.
    Not like it needs to have any purpose other than be a nice little aesthetic and to better reflect the Sun and Moon themes.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I pre-ordered a physical copy of Moon the day before yesterday using a nice staff discount where I work. Where possible, I will always get a physical version of anything as I don't like having something (besides spiritually) that I can't touch and I can look at or hold it any time I want this way.

I have only ever bought one version of each generation excluding ORAS of which I have neither, and this gen will be no different.

I always tend to choose each version pretty much based on either the main Pokémon on the cover or whichever colour/ version name I like more, eg. I liked Xerneas' design more than Yvetal's so I bought X and prefer diamonds over pearls so I bought Diamond. Gen 3 was a tough choice though as I liked them equally. I chose Moon simply because I like nighttime more.

Besides information in the demo and a few other obvious details that I've been unable to avoid I generally don't know too much about the games or their differences and version exclusives have never really had any bearing on my decision. The Moon legendary having 4x weaknesses did concern me a little but not enough to put me off. It's also a good job that the clock difference doesn't bother me having just learned about it from reading some of the above comments as I'm awake all sorts of hours since I work at night.
    Dan and Pikanjal's celebrations continue (why not?)!

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

-----------------------------------------------------------------

IYB, Guzma!
    (Still can't overlook this Sun/ Moon worship that Pokémon has produced)
    I worship the Creator not the creation!

Sun, because I'm a happy, sunny person. And I'm getting the physical copy - I want it to look good with my other games on the game shelf of my book and video case.

I'm choosing the boy as my Trainer and Litten as my starter.
    I love Canada now and forever.

I chose Sun, so far the exclusive mons and forms haven't swayed me to either direction so the decision is mostly to have the in game time match my own rather than to deal with the shift.

Sun, my ocd dictates if it's day irl its day in game
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -
        Spoiler:- Rowlett vs Litten leaked!:

I'm getting both. I have this weird thing where I NEED both games, since I like to have one file as a male and one as a female. That goes for nearly every game I play, too.

Sun will be the female named Elincia with Popplio as her starter, and Moon will be the male trainer called Darryn with Rowlet as his starter. From there, I have planned their entire teams as well. :')

Moon has the better Lycanroc evolution, the better exclusive totem Pokemon (Alolan Raticate) and the better monkey...

But Sun has the better UB02 - and Solgaleo > Lunaala at least in design.

So I'll probably go for Sun, although eventually I'm sure I'll pick up Moon aswell.

I plan on getting both eventually. But I have Sun Version pre-ordered, as I prefer it's version exclusives (except the box legendaries funnily enough) and because I'm not that big a fan of my game being 12 hours ahead. I want my first playthrough to follow my 3ds clock.

I've never bothered buying both versions before. But there's enough differences between them this time to make me want to get both of them.
    Last edited by Evil Darkrai; 30th October 2016 at 2:53 PM.

Both. I learned my lesson about version exclusives in Gen II!

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    Both. I learned my lesson about version exclusives in Gen II!
    I get what you're saying there but that was back before we had internet trading. For me, personally, it doesn't matter so much now. Trading exclusives is far easier today providing you have online access.
    Dan and Pikanjal's celebrations continue (why not?)!

I didn't do my best
    Therefore I have regrets
    The Saviour did His best for us
    I do not regret choosing Him

-----------------------------------------------------------------

IYB, Guzma!
    (Still can't overlook this Sun/ Moon worship that Pokémon has produced)
    I worship the Creator not the creation!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast