View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
678. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Sun

210 30.97%
  • Pokemon Moon

234 34.51%
  • Both versions

232 34.22%
  • Neither

2 0.29%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

I'm getting Pokémon Moon definitely. Going to use Pokébank and a few resets to use all three starters in my first playthrough to see who I like the most, and then start a second playthrough with my favorite to try some new Pokémons.
    If I could have this team in every games of the series, I would.

Based on what we know now....Moon. But that can change with the version exclusives
    FC: 1950-8315-7760
    FS: Normal: Keckleon, Teddiursa and Ditto
    X:

GLORY TO THE MOON!

For Elune!

My name is Mimikyu, a loney mimikyu

Waiting on version exclusive Pokemon and Mega Evolutions before I decide.

At the moment I'd be going with Sun, but we'll see in the long run.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

For me, at the moment, its Sun. Reason why is because Solgaleo has a pretty neat design and, well, yeah, I have a bias for felines. In addition, I was born under the Leo star sign, so going with a legendary that matches my Zodiac just feels right. However, as many people say for themselves, my ultimate choice isn't yet definite, and may still change depending on the version PKMN exclusives and the possible Mega Evolutions themselves. if the Version exclusives of PKMN and Mega Evolutions are superior in Sun, my choice will stand. Same for Moon.
    Last edited by B. Thunder Tiger; 13th May 2016 at 7:34 AM.

I'm probably getting both with moon as the main.

I'm not sure yet, if I will be getting sun right from start or only after completing the story in moon.

I always liked the night and moon, so I practically decided from the announcement in February to get moon. Also, I like the bat-like legendary better.
    I love cats, but somehow I'm not particularly fond of lions. They seem so un-catlike in a lot of ways. At least compared to most other cats.

I'm getting both, but Moon will be my main game, and Sun will be my multiple play through game.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Getting both, one probably for Christmas though, so I'm waiting on exclusives to determine which one it'll be. But Moon so far, Lunaala is siiiiiiiick and is probably Fairy or Flying, two of my favourite types :v
    Gay and Proud.
    Sun (Anthony): Rowlet, Bruxish, Salandit
    Moon (Alba): Popplio, Pikipek, Cutiefly, Lurantis, Oricorio

Both, physical copies, but I'll be playing through Moon first. Lunaala sealed the deal on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I am getting both games as I usually do and I already pre-order the games. One game to constantly restart the game and the other game to store level 100 pokemon and shiny pokemon. I decided to get both games because they are on the 3DS and I want to give them a try.
    Boy, just like me.

I will be getting both Sun and Moon, for the new Pokemon and for my comic series' needs. Viva the Pokemon 20th anniversary!!!

I'm going to get both versions, which is what I always do since I like having a complete collection of the main series games.

I'll use one game as my main version and the other for multiple playthroughs. This time, I think I'm going to go with Sun as my main. My sister wants Moon and I usually pick the opposite version as my main, plus I like the Sun mascot better (though I do prefer the colour scheme of Moon's boxart). Also, most of my main games over the past several generations have been the "second" game of the pair (Pearl over Diamond, White1/2 over Black1/2, Y over X), so I want to make the game whose name comes first my main this time just because.

Moon will be the first version that I'll play, though, so that I can get an idea of which Pokemon I want to use on my Sun team (and I'll probably use Moon to breed for Pokemon to use on Sun, like I did with XY).

I will get physical copies of the games as I like collecting and looking at the boxes.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 13th May 2016 at 11:07 AM.
    >>// \\<<

I'm getting Sun simply because my brother wants Moon (he prefers the moon bat on the cover; I'm typically not fussed about version exclusive Legendaries because I'm usually neutral to them) and we get opposite versions every time. Kind of helps us be 'counterparts' to each other when we play and we can cover any version exclusives we have that the other wants.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I'll be getting both, but I think that I'll play at Moon first, where I'll choose Litten as my starter.
    Sun will come later and in it I will choose Rowlet this time!
    Last edited by Aetius; 13th May 2016 at 12:18 PM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 18/12/2016

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

I'll wait until we see more version exclusives before I decide, but for now I'm going with Sun. Box legend is way better IMO.

I can't deny that sexy bat angel.

I'm definitely getting moon. To be honest, the more I like Lunaala, the more I dislike Solgaleo. It's not a bad pokemon, per say. I think it's really because its color scheme reminds me a lot of Reshiram, and I freakin' hate that giant white chicken.

This is rather tough decision as both the mascots look really good. I'll probably pick up Sun as I slightly like lions more than bats

I'm definitely getting both, but I am definitely doing my main playthrough on Moon. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:

Most Recent Shiny:

I always buy both versions for collecting purposes. This time around I really wasn't sure which game I would like to play as both looked really good. I hve chosen that Moon will be my main game, based on the legendary pokemon... it is just so intriguing.
    In saying that though, I really do like the look of the Sun legendary as well. I'm interested to see how the entire game is going to pan out. Personally I still prefer Johto days.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Sun, physical copy.
    Version mascot looks much better in my opinion, and version exclusive Pokemon and Mega Stones are easily gotten and so are irrelevant..

The only thing that may change my mind now are exclusive areas..

"Walk on, wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on, and become the light that guides the way..
    ."

Moon. I love the bat bird thing... or whatever it is.

Lunaala is mysterious and unexpected and will likely have an interesting unique type combo composed of two of Dark/Ghost/Fairy/Ice/Flying. Solgaleo is comparatively uninspired, rather ugly (those horrible shoe paws) and will probably be a pure Fire type or an existing type combo like Fire/Psychic but I hold a little hope it could be Fire/Grass.

Furthermore I just prefer the Moon and night compared to the Sun.
    Giving away a UK Darkrai code if anyone wants it! PM me

Don't be mean to Popplio he is adorable

Voted: Getting Both

One will be for my husband, and the other will be for myself.

I originally was leaning more toward moon, just for the overall color scheme (favorite color being blue). However, having a favorite element of fire my decision was not final. I wanted to see what the legends looked like before swaying one way or the other to firmly.
    When the legends were released, I favored Sun and the Lion Legendary, while my husband told me he likes the Bat Legendary from Moon a little more.

Granted, I like them both, but it may work out that I get Sun and he gets Moon

I'll end up with both eventually I'm sure, but I'm starting with Sun. Reasons? Well when the games were first announce Sun went up on Amazon first so I'm getting that one!
    THE VERY BEST SINCE '98
    RISE UP

Im getting both but probably the first one will be the one with the megas that interest me the most. For now, im going with sun cuz LION

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast