View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
664. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Sun

205 30.87%
  • Pokemon Moon

227 34.19%
  • Both versions

230 34.64%
  • Neither

2 0.30%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun or Moon? Which version are you getting?

Getting Moon and starting with Litten! <3

Friend Code in Pokemon Black: Sachiko: 0905 4979 7435
    3DS: 0834-1353-9679 PSN: Sachiko-Chan
    Steam: Mandikiri Xbox Live: xXDreadAngelXx
    Getting Moon and starting with Litten

From the day it was announced I chose Red Sun, just a gut feeling. And I'm surprised to see Sun is more popular as of now, because the Moon is usually people's favourite of the two.

Getting both versions, physical copies this time (I'm too afraid to move game data from the 4GB SD card that came pre-installed with my 3DS to a 32GB SD card). Nuzlocking Sun first, with Litten as my starter. Nuzlocking Moon at some later date, and either going to use Popplio or Rowlet for that version, or use both by banking one, then restarting with the third, and bringing down the banked one.
        Spoiler:- Past Nuzlocke Teams:

Rest in Peace

Gajeel
    (Lv. 11 - 73)
    You will always be my best friend.

I'm getting both but I'm buying Sun first as I don't care for the Moon legendary, but that could change if Moon gets something AWESOME. Like Y was originally my choice for which to play first, but as soon as Charizard X was shown...... changed the pre-order to X and got Y for Christmas instead.

As is tradition, I'll be picking up both versions at the same time for the sake of having them both in physical format (digital doesn't appeal to me).

But I'll most likely be starting with Sun Version on my first/best play-through. I prefer the majestic Sun Cat over big old Bat-Frisbee. The version exclusives won't matter once I get to playing Moon after Sun and start using Bank to transfer over the version-exclusives. I'm hoping that Sun DOES have more fire-exclusive Pokemon, though. It'd be nice to have a good fire type on the team since I intend to start with Popplio.

I have seen many people praising Moon, so it'll be nice to play through Sun while most other people are on Moon.
    #ProtectPopplio
    The Original Team:

Friend Code: 0705-6717-9136

Getting both, which will be the first time at launch I've ever done that. Physical; does this even need reasoning, other than perhaps getting it at midnight with a digital copy?

Going through Sun first, Solgaleo's design looks infinitely better to me, and I'll be starting with Litten. The first time since a Gen II game I'll have started with the Fire-type!

but before that I need to play Y, AS, W2, complete RBY, and complete my living Dex
    Pokéballing since 2001

I'm getting both, since I've always gotten both. Although I'm not 100% decided, I'm really leaning towards Sun. That thing looks way badass, although I like the Moon mascot too. To me, these are the coolest looking mascot legendaries, hands down.
    First and Favorite Pokémon

I'll eventually get Sun for Christmas or for my birthday in December I assume, but I am definitely heading for Moon first. When the games were first announced, I knew I'd be going for Moon regardless what the Legendary looked like. I am passionate about the Moon and have an obsession with it. I always like to look out my window to look at the Moon every night and I simply am not a fan of the Sun. The Moon is just captivating and fascinating. However, when I saw the Legendaries for the first time, I actually had a liking for Solgaleo and I thought Lunala looked strange. Lunala has grown on me more now and I am going to get Moon first I guess. It'll be my main game.
    Last edited by Dragon Pulse; 2nd June 2016 at 4:20 PM.

》"ᗩᗪᐯᙓᑎTᙀᖇᙓ"《
    Sun team: Incineroar, Lycanroc (Midday form), Shiinotic, Kommo-o, Greninja (Ash-Greninja), Alolan Ninetales
    Moon team: Decidueye, Primarina, Ribombee, Lycanroc (Midnight form), Mimikyu, Alolan Raichu

I'm getting moon! Eventually I might get sun but that probably wouldn't happen until my birthday in may.

I was already leaning towards getting moon since the games were announced, seeing lunala's design just solidified that decision for me.
    hey (:

It depends on the version exclusives but I'm leaning towards Sun.

When I saw the mascots I was like "Definitely Moon", but now "Solgaleo" has been growing on me to the point it is 51/49 now (though still leaning towards Moon).

Well, guess I'll have to wait for the exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu979 View Post
    It depends on the version exclusives but I'm leaning towards Sun.
    This is the gist of my personal sentiment. I'd also like to know the typings of the two mascots.

After seeing the legendaries, I'm heavily leaning for the Sun. Exclusives may change my mind. If Litten does go full tiger mode, and if I can get a bear (new or one of the previous three), I won't be able to resist. Lions and tigers and bears oh my.

I doubt I'll go for both. I did that for ORAS and it was a mistake. I just don't play them enough to warrant both, and I haven't traded for over a decade.

I'm going to get both of them as I do that with every pair. I will get one of them before the other though, but I have not yet decided which I will start with. In the past, I have started with one over the other based on several different factors. Those were: the color I liked better (Blue, Silver), letting a friend choose and starting with the other myself (Ruby, as my friend picked Sapphire), based my choice on which version exclusives I like better (Pearl, Black) or which cover legend I like better (X). But this time, I'm not sure how I'll do. I don't think I will get to know the version exclusives before the release (and I don't want to spoil myself for them to be honest). Then I don't really prefer either legend over the other when it comes to design. So I'm not sure which game I will start with. I'm a little more biased towards Moon at this point due to influences from other media, but still... haven't fully decided yet. I have more than half a year left to make my decision though, so it isn't that bad. I'll know sooner or later.

I'm definitely getting both games as physical copies because I prefer having a physical copy of all my games. Never tried a digital copy and I fear the time it takes for them to download might be too long for my tastes.

I've always gotten both versions whenever a new gen comes out, so I'm not going to be changing anything there.

However, I think Sun version is going to be my main version.

Sun first, will probably end up getting Moon later. :3

My shinys: Pokemon Y~ Skrelp, Shellder~Cloyster, Bergmite, Poliwhirl~Politoad, Snorunt~Froslass, Wingull, Quilladin.
    Pokemon Shuffle: PJDA-RF6W~ add me! ^-^
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV Online, Pokemon Heart Gold.

I'm gonna get both because by then I will be in college, so I'll be able to buy both!
    Shiny Hunter
    I roam the forests of the land, protecting all that is good, Nature and Pokemon alike!

Before they revealed the mascots, I was sure on getting Moon but now I'm kind of indecisive. I like Sun's mascot more but I don't like the color scheme of Sun version (orange/red), I prefer Moon's colors (purple/blue). Also if there are any version exclusive areas like in Gen 5 I'm guessing Moon will have more areas to my taste.

So I will probably wait a few days before buying the games to see if there are any version exclusive areas and decide based on that because right now it's 50/50.

I'm getting both, but I'll likely play Moon as my main. Given I love Lunaala's design, I was happy I went with Moon as the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwin View Post
    Before they revealed the mascots, I was sure on getting Moon but now I'm kind of indecisive. I like Sun's mascot more but I don't like the color scheme of Sun version (orange/red), I prefer Moon's colors (purple/blue). Also if there are any version exclusive areas like in Gen 5 I'm guessing Moon will have more areas to my taste.

So I will probably wait a few days before buying the games to see if there are any version exclusive areas and decide based on that because right now it's 50/50.
    I hope you mean a few months rather than days!
    Pokéballing since 2001

The legendaries have never made me buy one over the other because I end up buying both anyways so I know that i'll eventually catch both anyways. I always tend to pick the 'blue' game if that makes sense. I bought Blue in Gen 1 then when I got back into Pokémon like 2 years ago I bought Soul Silver. I've Pokémon X & AS as these are my completionist games and I play the other version for the exclusives anyways. I might actually buy Sun first this time around though as I basically love when it's hot! I tan easily and love wearing shorts!
    Dewgong Are Beautiful!!
    Friend Code:0104-2462-7784
    Water Friend Safari On X: Krabby, Floatzel & Frogadier!
    Living Dex Progress
    Kanto-7 Left / Johto-23 Left / Hoenn-18 Left / Sinnoh-25 Left / Unova-38 Left
    Kalos-Complete!!! / Alola-99 Left

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    I hope you mean a few months rather than days!
    I could be wrong, but I think they meant a few days after the games are released/once we know everything there is to know re: version-exclusive areas, Pokémon, etc. Usually people have finished playthroughs by then and shared their findings online (if not sooner, due to street date violations/leaks.)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think they meant a few days after the games are released/once we know everything there is to know re: version-exclusive areas, Pokémon, etc. Usually people have finished playthroughs by then and shared their findings online (if not sooner, due to street date violations/leaks.)
    Oh right
    if they live in Europe they don't have to wait, just watch everyone else play the game five days before you...
    Pokéballing since 2001

I plan on getting Moon the day it comes out and then put Sun on my birthday/Christmas list. And I'm getting physical copies.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I'll be getting Sun on either my birthday or Christmas. (Birthday is the same month, but comes first) However, I also want the new Kirby game and if I don't have that before December, I'll have to choose between it and Pokemon for which is on my birthday and which is Christmas. If I'm lucky, I might get both on my birthday. Also, my brother is getting Moon and most likely for Christmas.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast