View Poll Results: Where do you rank ORAS compared to the rest of main series?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think ORAS is the best main series Pokemon game sofar. Number one.

21 15.33%
  • It is the second best Pokemon game sofar. Runner up.

16 11.68%
  • It's not the best, but it is one of the best. Top 3

34 24.82%
  • It is somwhere in the middle.

48 35.04%
  • It is one of the weakest games sofar.

18 13.14%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Where do you rank OR/AS as a main series Pokemon game?

Quote Originally Posted by Daizy View Post
    OR and AS were amazing. I don't know why so many fans complain about the lack of Emerald stuff since these games were RS remakes, not Emerald remakes.
    That excuse was always flimsy. For one, HGSS had no problem including Crystal content. Second, the remakes are supposed to replace the originals on the market since the originals are too old to be played on recent hardware. There is no Emerald remake, so if you have to buy the original Emerald to experience certain elements of the originals, the remake isn't doing it's job. Lastly, the game was lacking in content, like every 3DS game. There just isn't much to do after the story's over, arguably less than Emerald. Having Emerald's extra content would've addressed that. Overall, it's just underwhelming and feels like a step back from previous remakes, especially HGSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm a little biased since Hoenn is one of my least favorite regions but I thought ORAS was weak because of the post game and hand holding. The lack of battle frontier really dissapointed me.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagardens

I would say that ORAS is among the best Pokémon games I've ever played. The DexNav feature allowed me to find Pokémon with some desirable characteristics and it is because of that I find ORAS one of the better Pokémon games. I also liked its convenient breeding spot at the Battle Resort, in which there is not just a Day Care Center, I could also check a Pokémon's IVs in the Battle Resort Pokémon Center while cycling around by holding only one button (which is also really good) so that I don't have to Fly to other places to do the same thing, making it a good game for breeders. Other than that, I still felt that ORAS was in some way incomplete because of the lack of a Battle Frontier but the Delta Episode was really good though not just it felt really intense but it was also because I could catch Deoxys.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

I felt it difficult to vote on this because I know R/S/E are my favorites, hands down. X/Y are an easy follow-up, but after that... eh? It's like a three-way tie between D/P, B/W, and OR/AS. I couldn't get super into OR/AS, and at first I thought it's because I love R/S/E more than any other generation, but when I look back on it... it just didn't feel special. I love X/Y for how it changed Pokémon and for all of the additions it included, and both teams I created in each of my copies of X and Y are two of my favorites ever. I liked the team I had in OR, and it had some cool new features (I never really got used to the newer graphics, purely because I've played R/S/E waaaay too much), but it doesn't stand out as being a "great" game for me.

I think if D/P had a remake and if B/W was remastered or something for the 3DS (I very much dislike playing DS games on a 3DS), OR/AS would probably be much lower on my rating. D/P has some great lore and brings back almost just as many memories as R/S/E, and B/W was a ton of fun to play late in high school when I was feeling like I was getting too old for Pokémon, so either of those games being brought up to speed would probably do it for me more than OR/AS did.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345