Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Pokemon Go Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurian View Post
    Honestly they should go back and at least give it a better moveset. I understand keeping it a tank but maybe replace snarl with frost breath and it will instantly become a lot better. They went back to mewtwo so why not suicune? No excuse to be a worse vaporean.
    Well, it and Vaporeon's stats are still the same as they are in the main series, so I wouldn't call it a worse Vaporeon, at least no more so than you would in the main series. It just has different uses, and the CP formula makes it superficially worse.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

This new event..... seems kinda lame. So you get triple experience and stardust for registering in the dex? What if your dex is already full... I only need Unown to complete it (save for the region exclusives).
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    This new event..... seems kinda lame. So you get triple experience and stardust for registering in the dex? What if your dex is already full... I only need Unown to complete it (save for the region exclusives).
    Yeah, I was kinda confused on whether it meant double stardust for registering new ones or just double stardust in general. I was hoping I was reading it wrong in which it attributed it to dex stuff, but I guess not.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Double Stardust applies to catching and hatching, as they say. It may be applied to everything related to Stardust. Catching, Hatching, and Berry Feeding.

Triple XP is ONLY for New Pokémon caught to be registered into the Pokédex. If you have a full, registered Pokédex, then this extra XP bonus is utterly useless.

Even though I still have yet to register new fully evolved forms, it's still useless as I do not evolve or power up.

Well, I'm happy we finally got an event. Still a bit confused as to why we didn't get one in August, but this is a bit of a let down. I've completed my Pokédex minus regionals, Mewtwo, and Lugia. Obviously I'm not going to get any of those during this event, so that extra experience is worthless to me. I suppose a sale on Incubators could be helpful. Egg events are alright, but they've never been nearly as fun as spawn events. Oh well, at least it's something.

EDIT: After some thought, I'm going to retract that statement. This event really isn't that much worse than a handful of events we've had already. Even ignoring the bonus experience entirely, special egg hatches, sales, and double stardust is still comparable to many past events. I guess it was just a combination of having been two months since an event, being spoiled by the last event, and being bummed about missing the extra experience that I got upset.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 20th September 2017 at 11:46 PM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I actually need a lot of Chanseys, Mareeps, and, if the other 10km Pokemon are included, Porygons, Dratinis, and a single Miltank, so this event might actually be worthwhile to me. I hatched all 9 of my eggs today so that I can stock up on eggs once the event starts. Of course, I COULD just get a bunch of Oddish, Geodude, and Spinarak eggs regardless. Does anyone know how many coins the Super Incubator is gonna cost?

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    Does anyone know how many coins the Super Incubator is gonna cost?
    Unfortunately, no one knows at this time. It's not until Friday, September 22, 2017 that we will know. However, given that the Super Incubator will very much likely be bundled with Lucky Eggs and Lure Modules in special boxes that go on sale, we'll never truly know how much it will cost for one individually.

The Regular Incubator has three uses and costs 150 coins each.
    The Infinite Incubator has infinite uses.
    The Super Incubator has one use and hatches 1.5 times faster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    I actually need a lot of Chanseys, Mareeps, and, if the other 10km Pokemon are included, Porygons, Dratinis, and a single Miltank, so this event might actually be worthwhile to me. I hatched all 9 of my eggs today so that I can stock up on eggs once the event starts. Of course, I COULD just get a bunch of Oddish, Geodude, and Spinarak eggs regardless. Does anyone know how many coins the Super Incubator is gonna cost?
    I hear ya on Chansey and Mareep. I'm going to need quite a few more if I want their evolutionary lines. Not to mention the fact that I've been walking this Porygon for a quite a while. Hopefully the special 2k eggs will also have an increased chance of getting the special pokemon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I hear ya on Chansey and Mareep. I'm going to need quite a few more if I want their evolutionary lines. Not to mention the fact that I've been walking this Porygon for a quite a while. Hopefully the special 2k eggs will also have an increased chance of getting the special pokemon.
    If this is anything like the previous egg-based events, then yes, they will increase the rate of certain rare eggs.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    If this is anything like the previous egg-based events, then yes, they will increase the rate of certain rare eggs.
    I don't think I was playing during the last egg-based event, so that's good to hear.

Ended up only getting two 2k eggs and the rest were 10k. I'm not sure why that happened (it was a pain in the butt), but I got 2 Larvitar, a Snorlax, 2 Dratini, and one more I should be hatching within the next day or so. The double stardust was also AMAZING.

So in the next event the caption reads something along the lines of capturing 'new' pokemon. I'm not thinking it's gen 3 (I'm thinking that might be a December release), so could it be Smeargle? It's always possible that it's not a new pokemon after all and it's just something 'new' to new players who've just hopped in, but hey, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

ALL Lives Matter

Ended up only getting two 2k eggs and the rest were 10k. I'm not sure why that happened (it was a pain in the butt), but I got 2 Larvitar, a Snorlax, 2 Dratini, and one more I should be hatching within the next day or so. The double stardust was also AMAZING.

So in the next event the caption reads something along the lines of capturing 'new' pokemon. I'm not thinking it's gen 3 (I'm thinking that might be a December release), so could it be Smeargle? It's always possible that it's not a new pokemon after all and it's just something 'new' to new players who've just hopped in, but hey, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.
    That was me too. Got one 2k egg and 4 10k eggs. Got one 2k egg after the event.

Good question. I'm interested in the Halloween event. It'll be great to get more candy from Buddy Pokemon and the like.

What I've been doing lately:

Got a Remoraid from the special 2km egg.

The 5km egg I've been working on finally hatched. Got a Ponyta from it . Around halfway through hatching a 10km egg and put another one in to incubate.

Saw an Exeggcute but couldn't catch it as I was out of Pokeballs and Great Balls at the time. But was able to get a pic of it.

Went up to a Pokestop recently and came across a Bayleef. Got that, an Eevee and a Shellder. Along with some more items.

Finally was able to evolve an Eevee I had into an Umbreon. So now I have all of their evolutions. Now I'm working on gathering candies for one of my Magikarps.

Finally ran into and caught a Stantler. Wasn't able to catch an Abra I was interested in catching though. Little twerp ran away after a couple of Pokeballs or so. And I also caught an Eevee. Got some items as well.

Also earlier this month, I saw the outline of a Lapras in the wild (a non raid one). I wanted to face off against it so bad!
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    That was me too. Got one 2k egg and 4 10k eggs. Got one 2k egg after the event.

Good question. I'm interested in the Halloween event. It'll be great to get more candy from Buddy Pokemon and the like.

What I've been doing lately:

Got a Remoraid from the special 2km egg.

The 5km egg I've been working on finally hatched. Got a Ponyta from it . Around halfway through hatching a 10km egg and put another one in to incubate.

Saw an Exeggcute but couldn't catch it as I was out of Pokeballs and Great Balls at the time. But was able to get a pic of it.

Went up to a Pokestop recently and came across a Bayleef. Got that, an Eevee and a Shellder. Along with some more items.

Finally was able to evolve an Eevee I had into an Umbreon. So now I have all of their evolutions. Now I'm working on gathering candies for one of my Magikarps.

Finally ran into and caught a Stantler. Wasn't able to catch an Abra I was interested in catching though. Little twerp ran away after a couple of Pokeballs or so. And I also caught an Eevee. Got some items as well.

Also earlier this month, I saw the outline of a Lapras in the wild (a non raid one). I wanted to face off against it so bad!
    I've never seen a wild Stantler (or Girafarig), but I've hatched four Stantler pretty recently. As for Lapras, I've had the same thing happen to me, only it was in a park after dark and it was closed. I wanted it so bad.

ALL Lives Matter

I've never seen a wild Stantler (or Girafarig), but I've hatched four Stantler pretty recently. As for Lapras, I've had the same thing happen to me, only it was in a park after dark and it was closed. I wanted it so bad.
    Ah. I've seen them occasionally (the former). This was just the first time that I was able to go and try to catch one. Nice. Dang that's frustrating. Ran into a similar situation with a Charmander. It was at a place that was a few miles away and it was after 10 pm. Uh no game I'm not going out that late at night to hunt.

-----------------------------------------

One of my 10km eggs hatched and I finally got a Dratini! Promptly evolved it into a Dragonair. So happy.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 9th October 2017 at 12:35 AM.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Does anyone know if you can only get miltank from eggs?
    Never seen one in the wild!

Quote Originally Posted by pidgeyparty View Post
    Does anyone know if you can only get miltank from eggs?
    Never seen one in the wild!
    You can find them wild. But they aren't a common spawn, so you'd be lucky to see one.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Thanks. Better stick with the incubators then!
    Caught a venosaur in a raid yesterday! So pleased. Just charizard, alakazan, dragonite, primape and kabutops to complete gen 1 (apart from taurus and farfetch'd which i can't get in the UK)
    Going to america in February to hopefully can get taurus !!
    Always waiting for a Shiply delivery from eBay!

Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    I won't get my hopes too high, as we could very well only get a select few gen 3 Pokemon at first; like they did with gen 2. But either way, I'm pleasantly shocked by how early we're seeing gen 3.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Yeah, it does look like it will just be the ghost Pokémon to begin with. Why else would they chose Halloween to promote Gen 3. Major bummer though. I honestly cannot fathom any reasonable explanation for why Niantic would't just release the entire generation at once. Couldn't figure out with the Gen II babies, can't figure it out now. Oh well, at least we're getting something. Hopefully it won't take as long for a full release as it did last time.

Check it out!

Yeah im hoping that we get the ghosts for Halloween, but as soon as the events over we get them all.
    And i swear to god if theres more regional variants

Had the most random encounter recently. Found a Larvitar in my yard. Was able to catch it. It's not the best, but I'm glad I ran into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Yeah, it does look like it will just be the ghost Pokémon to begin with. Why else would they chose Halloween to promote Gen 3. Major bummer though. I honestly cannot fathom any reasonable explanation for why Niantic would't just release the entire generation at once. Couldn't figure out with the Gen II babies, can't figure it out now. Oh well, at least we're getting something. Hopefully it won't take as long for a full release as it did last time.
    Not to be a jerk, but you're not involved in the development of the game, which of course is much more complicated & involved than you realize. Try making a world-wide video game... I'm sure it's no walk in the park. They're probably releasing these as fast as they can. The fact that they release only a few early on shows that they're probably not ready to release all of them, but have at least made a few ready earlier so that fans can enjoy them as soon as possible. Look at all the glitches Pokemon Go has suffered -- this app cannot be a simple cake walk to produce.

I'm excited they're releasing Gen 3. To be honest, Gen 3 is probably my least favorite generation design-wise. Not a fan of the majority of the Pokemon in it. But I am ready for Pokemon Go to have some fresh blood, and luckily I have gotten all the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon I really need, so I suppose I am ready for the strangeness of the Gen 3 designs. :P Oh God, thinking of all the Zigzagoons and Wingulls we'll be seeing constantly... Ugh. At least it'll be better than all the Bidoofs we'll have to start suffering through next year. -_- LOL
    Check out my Pokememes!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but you're not involved in the development of the game, which of course is much more complicated & involved than you realize. Try making a world-wide video game... I'm sure it's no walk in the park. They're probably releasing these as fast as they can. The fact that they release only a few early on shows that they're probably not ready to release all of them, but have at least made a few ready earlier so that fans can enjoy them as soon as possible. Look at all the glitches Pokemon Go has suffered -- this app cannot be a simple cake walk to produce.
    I guess I didn't say this, but I think it would be better if they wait until all they're ready to launch an entire generation than tease us with a preview batch. It gives them as much time as they need, and we're not sitting here thinking we got the gypped by only getting a small selection. That wait between the baby Pokémon and full Gen II release was agonizing, and I really don't want to repeat it. If they just held off on introducing the babies until everything came out, then we wouldn't have had the tantalizing prospect of Gen II hanging over our heads for three months.

Also, I'm not certain on this, but from what I've read, everything needed for Gen III Pokémon is already coded into the game. All we need is for them to flip the switch.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 15th October 2017 at 9:48 PM.

Check it out!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738