Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Pokemon Go Discussion

Caught a Houndour and a Sableye today and took down my first Raid! One for Croconaw. Caught it and have yet to name it. Big thanks to my Snorlax, Vaporeon and Pinsir.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Wow, I absolutely love that they put the Ultra Sun and Moon player character outfits. Unfortunately they are quite literally my least favorite outfit a protagonist in Pokémon has ever worn, but the concept is still great, nonetheless. Hopefully this will set a precedent for them to put out other player character outfits. I'd even spend coins on Red's outfit (which is something I've never done on clothes before).

Also of note is how ridiculous these clothes look on the Go trainers. They took what are probably the silliest and most cartoonish outfits worn by the playable character in Pokémon and put them on Go's overly-serious and semi-realistic avatars. It's a very strange dichotomy.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Had a really good day today. Got some items, Pokeballs, hatched a Cleffa. Caught an Oddish, a Paras (which I transformed into a candy -- and had enough candies to evolve my one of my others into a Parasect), a Marill, hatched a Smoochum, caught a Hitmonlee, a Koffing, a Pidgeot, a Horsea and an Omanyte.

-----------------------------------

I'm up to lv. 21 now. Put my Vaporeon up in a local gym with someone's Snorlax. Got some items and stuff and caught some Pokemon.

Lasted around 5 hours gym wise. Got 29 gold coins for it. Not too shabby. Everyone brought their best. Ended up with a full team of 6 working together (the other people's along with mine).
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 17th November 2017 at 5:17 AM.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

FINALLY!!! A way to catch a region-exclusive outside of their region without a location-specific event. Back when the game first came out, I assumed they would do something like this. I didn't think it would take almost a year and a half, but whatever, I'm just glad to finally have the chance to catch Farfetch'd. I'm assuming the catch challenge that Niantic put in place is reasonable. Hopefully they don't give us this false hope and then yank it away.

Anyone else suspect that this is probably them re-trying that Go Fest capture challenge thing, since it failed so miserably at Go Fest?

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    FINALLY!!! A way to catch a region-exclusive outside of their region without a location-specific event. Back when the game first came out, I assumed they would do something like this. I didn't think it would take almost a year and a half, but whatever, I'm just glad to finally have the chance to catch Farfetch'd. I'm assuming the catch challenge that Niantic put in place is reasonable. Hopefully they don't give us this false hope and then yank it away.

Anyone else suspect that this is probably them re-trying that Go Fest capture challenge thing, since it failed so miserably at Go Fest?
    That's certainly what it sounds like. Still 3 billion Pokemon is a lot more than what they were asking at Go Fest. I mean, we've got what, a week? I don't know how many Pokemon are caught on a weekly basis, but hopefully it's an attainable goal. I hate that I won't get a chance at Kangaskhan (considering it says it will be available in East Asia should the goal be accomplished), but I'll take a chance at Farfetch'd and all those increased spawns, stardust, and experience! I just hope they don't cheat the goals like they did at Go Fest. That just felt icky all around.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

I think that 3 billion is a little high of a goal. Here in the northern half of the country, it's gotten cold enough out that no one's willing to do Suicune raids anymore, which makes me think that not a lot of people are even casually playing anymore. Sure, the goal is contributed to GLOBALLY, but most countries just weren't ever as into Go as the U.S. was/is, so I don't think it makes THAT much of a difference. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they DO end up fudging the numbers again to give the world Farfetch'd (if it gives me a Farfetch'd, then I don't care how "legit" the means are).

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    That's certainly what it sounds like. Still 3 billion Pokemon is a lot more than what they were asking at Go Fest. I mean, we've got what, a week? I don't know how many Pokemon are caught on a weekly basis, but hopefully it's an attainable goal. I hate that I won't get a chance at Kangaskhan (considering it says it will be available in East Asia should the goal be accomplished), but I'll take a chance at Farfetch'd and all those increased spawns, stardust, and experience! I just hope they don't cheat the goals like they did at Go Fest. That just felt icky all around.
    I read somewhere that given the current estimated active playerbase, every one needs to catch 22 Pokémon a day, or 150 in a week. That doesn't really seem that hard, and given that the extremely serious players will catch over a hundred or more a day, I don't think it's going to be that hard.

I don't think that Niantic is going to give the rewards if we don't make it. What's the point of even setting a goal if it's not going to matter? Back with Go Fest, Niantic was in desperate need of something to appease the players, so they not only gave us the all bonuses (which we were only supposed to have something like three of them), but they also extremely extended the availability time of those bonuses. Without the Go Fest fiasco, I don't think Niantic has any reason to give us something we didn't earn.

Check it out!

Getting Farfetch'd would be wonderful to have, since I still have yet to get one. But to get 3 billion catches in a week where the majority of players are in the northern hemisphere is going to be difficult. Less daylight and colder temperatures make the global challenge a brutal effort. As for Kangaskhan, I'm fine, since I already have a bunch of them from the Anaheim event. Getting Farfetch'd will save everyone who doesn't live in Japan a trip to Japan.

And that will leave Mr. Mime, Heracross, and Corsola for me. I might be able to get Heracross and Corsola next November (in 2018) for those while attending a wedding for my oldest cousin, so yeah. Funny thing is, I've been to Europe once before, but that was seven years before Pokémon GO launched.

The problem is, while it seems like we have a week to get to 3 billion to get the rewards (as they roll out), if we somehow even get 3 billion by November 25 or November 26, we will not be able to get Farfetch'd since the whole event ends on November 26, regardless. While all this sounds great, it doesn't for double XP and double stardust, since we had those bonuses right from the get-go last November. This time, we have to work our way to get the rewards. We're not getting the rewards to full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    Getting Farfetch'd would be wonderful to have, since I still have yet to get one. But to get 3 billion catches in a week where the majority of players are in the northern hemisphere is going to be difficult. Less daylight and colder temperatures make the global challenge a brutal effort. As for Kangaskhan, I'm fine, since I already have a bunch of them from the Anaheim event. Getting Farfetch'd will save everyone who doesn't live in Japan a trip to Japan.

And that will leave Mr. Mime, Heracross, and Corsola for me. I might be able to get Heracross and Corsola next November (in 2018) for those while attending a wedding for my oldest cousin, so yeah. Funny thing is, I've been to Europe once before, but that was seven years before Pokémon GO launched.

The problem is, while it seems like we have a week to get to 3 billion to get the rewards (as they roll out), if we somehow even get 3 billion by November 25 or November 26, we will not be able to get Farfetch'd since the whole event ends on November 26, regardless. While all this sounds great, it doesn't for double XP and double stardust, since we had those bonuses right from the get-go last November. This time, we have to work our way to get the rewards. We're not getting the rewards to full potential.
    Definitely. I don't take mine out that much due to the colder weather. When it hits the higher 30's and up sure... but I'm not going to risk my phone for Pokemon.

I don't catch a ton either. Only what I need for the most part.

We hit the halfway point today, so the goal of 3 billion catches will very likely be hit by Sunday. In the meantime, I'm going to bask in all this stardust.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839