Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go Discussion

Caught a Houndour and a Sableye today and took down my first Raid! One for Croconaw. Caught it and have yet to name it. Big thanks to my Snorlax, Vaporeon and Pinsir.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Wow, I absolutely love that they put the Ultra Sun and Moon player character outfits. Unfortunately they are quite literally my least favorite outfit a protagonist in Pokémon has ever worn, but the concept is still great, nonetheless. Hopefully this will set a precedent for them to put out other player character outfits. I'd even spend coins on Red's outfit (which is something I've never done on clothes before).

Also of note is how ridiculous these clothes look on the Go trainers. They took what are probably the silliest and most cartoonish outfits worn by the playable character in Pokémon and put them on Go's overly-serious and semi-realistic avatars. It's a very strange dichotomy.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Had a really good day today. Got some items, Pokeballs, hatched a Cleffa. Caught an Oddish, a Paras (which I transformed into a candy -- and had enough candies to evolve my one of my others into a Parasect), a Marill, hatched a Smoochum, caught a Hitmonlee, a Koffing, a Pidgeot, a Horsea and an Omanyte.

-----------------------------------

I'm up to lv. 21 now. Put my Vaporeon up in a local gym with someone's Snorlax. Got some items and stuff and caught some Pokemon.

Lasted around 5 hours gym wise. Got 29 gold coins for it. Not too shabby. Everyone brought their best. Ended up with a full team of 6 working together (the other people's along with mine).
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 17th November 2017 at 5:17 AM.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

FINALLY!!! A way to catch a region-exclusive outside of their region without a location-specific event. Back when the game first came out, I assumed they would do something like this. I didn't think it would take almost a year and a half, but whatever, I'm just glad to finally have the chance to catch Farfetch'd. I'm assuming the catch challenge that Niantic put in place is reasonable. Hopefully they don't give us this false hope and then yank it away.

Anyone else suspect that this is probably them re-trying that Go Fest capture challenge thing, since it failed so miserably at Go Fest?

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    FINALLY!!! A way to catch a region-exclusive outside of their region without a location-specific event. Back when the game first came out, I assumed they would do something like this. I didn't think it would take almost a year and a half, but whatever, I'm just glad to finally have the chance to catch Farfetch'd. I'm assuming the catch challenge that Niantic put in place is reasonable. Hopefully they don't give us this false hope and then yank it away.

Anyone else suspect that this is probably them re-trying that Go Fest capture challenge thing, since it failed so miserably at Go Fest?
    That's certainly what it sounds like. Still 3 billion Pokemon is a lot more than what they were asking at Go Fest. I mean, we've got what, a week? I don't know how many Pokemon are caught on a weekly basis, but hopefully it's an attainable goal. I hate that I won't get a chance at Kangaskhan (considering it says it will be available in East Asia should the goal be accomplished), but I'll take a chance at Farfetch'd and all those increased spawns, stardust, and experience! I just hope they don't cheat the goals like they did at Go Fest. That just felt icky all around.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

I think that 3 billion is a little high of a goal. Here in the northern half of the country, it's gotten cold enough out that no one's willing to do Suicune raids anymore, which makes me think that not a lot of people are even casually playing anymore. Sure, the goal is contributed to GLOBALLY, but most countries just weren't ever as into Go as the U.S. was/is, so I don't think it makes THAT much of a difference. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they DO end up fudging the numbers again to give the world Farfetch'd (if it gives me a Farfetch'd, then I don't care how "legit" the means are).

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    That's certainly what it sounds like. Still 3 billion Pokemon is a lot more than what they were asking at Go Fest. I mean, we've got what, a week? I don't know how many Pokemon are caught on a weekly basis, but hopefully it's an attainable goal. I hate that I won't get a chance at Kangaskhan (considering it says it will be available in East Asia should the goal be accomplished), but I'll take a chance at Farfetch'd and all those increased spawns, stardust, and experience! I just hope they don't cheat the goals like they did at Go Fest. That just felt icky all around.
    I read somewhere that given the current estimated active playerbase, every one needs to catch 22 Pokémon a day, or 150 in a week. That doesn't really seem that hard, and given that the extremely serious players will catch over a hundred or more a day, I don't think it's going to be that hard.

I don't think that Niantic is going to give the rewards if we don't make it. What's the point of even setting a goal if it's not going to matter? Back with Go Fest, Niantic was in desperate need of something to appease the players, so they not only gave us the all bonuses (which we were only supposed to have something like three of them), but they also extremely extended the availability time of those bonuses. Without the Go Fest fiasco, I don't think Niantic has any reason to give us something we didn't earn.

Check it out!

Getting Farfetch'd would be wonderful to have, since I still have yet to get one. But to get 3 billion catches in a week where the majority of players are in the northern hemisphere is going to be difficult. Less daylight and colder temperatures make the global challenge a brutal effort. As for Kangaskhan, I'm fine, since I already have a bunch of them from the Anaheim event. Getting Farfetch'd will save everyone who doesn't live in Japan a trip to Japan.

And that will leave Mr. Mime, Heracross, and Corsola for me. I might be able to get Heracross and Corsola next November (in 2018) for those while attending a wedding for my oldest cousin, so yeah. Funny thing is, I've been to Europe once before, but that was seven years before Pokémon GO launched.

The problem is, while it seems like we have a week to get to 3 billion to get the rewards (as they roll out), if we somehow even get 3 billion by November 25 or November 26, we will not be able to get Farfetch'd since the whole event ends on November 26, regardless. While all this sounds great, it doesn't for double XP and double stardust, since we had those bonuses right from the get-go last November. This time, we have to work our way to get the rewards. We're not getting the rewards to full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    Getting Farfetch'd would be wonderful to have, since I still have yet to get one. But to get 3 billion catches in a week where the majority of players are in the northern hemisphere is going to be difficult. Less daylight and colder temperatures make the global challenge a brutal effort. As for Kangaskhan, I'm fine, since I already have a bunch of them from the Anaheim event. Getting Farfetch'd will save everyone who doesn't live in Japan a trip to Japan.

And that will leave Mr. Mime, Heracross, and Corsola for me. I might be able to get Heracross and Corsola next November (in 2018) for those while attending a wedding for my oldest cousin, so yeah. Funny thing is, I've been to Europe once before, but that was seven years before Pokémon GO launched.

The problem is, while it seems like we have a week to get to 3 billion to get the rewards (as they roll out), if we somehow even get 3 billion by November 25 or November 26, we will not be able to get Farfetch'd since the whole event ends on November 26, regardless. While all this sounds great, it doesn't for double XP and double stardust, since we had those bonuses right from the get-go last November. This time, we have to work our way to get the rewards. We're not getting the rewards to full potential.
    Definitely. I don't take mine out that much due to the colder weather. When it hits the higher 30's and up sure... but I'm not going to risk my phone for Pokemon.

I don't catch a ton either. Only what I need for the most part.

We hit the halfway point today, so the goal of 3 billion catches will very likely be hit by Sunday. In the meantime, I'm going to bask in all this stardust.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Woke up to an update saying 188 million more to go, still kind of annoyed the rest of the world gets Farfetch'd since it was kind of special getting to put it in gyms when ever I flew back to the US.
    Four years in Japan.... still cannot speak a full sentence in Japanese

Last Shiny: Buneary
    Next Shiny: Latias

Farfetch'd is out now worldwide! Three billion Pokémon have been caught! Be sure to get Farfetch'd by sunset (around 5:00 PM) on Monday, November 27, 2017 Pacific Time. Double XP, Stardust, and six-hour lures will be active until Friday, December 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM PST. The legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) will be gone until further notice around the afternoon on Thursday, November 30, 2017, Pacific Time.

I got Farfetch'd, so I'm happy about that. Mr. Mime is the last regional I need for Generation I.

Just returned from dinner and caught several Kanghaskahn, I also noticed Farfetch'd are spawning more rapidly in Japan, usually I would see one a month, I passed atleast four of them while looking for Kanghaskahn.
    Four years in Japan.... still cannot speak a full sentence in Japanese

Last Shiny: Buneary
    Next Shiny: Latias

Got my Farfetch'd last night and my mom got her's earlier today, which is great! My first region exclusive other than for the region I live in XD Also pretty stoked that the rewards will be on until the end of the month. That double stardust and experience is amazing!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Bring on gen 3!

All I need is my 3 starters, Tropius, Milotic, Wailord, and the meteorites.
    And please no regional exclusives because I know Tropius will fall into that category.....
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

So yeah, Hoenn Pokémon finally coming is great, but what's up with this only 50 will be released first thing? That's just pointless and absurd. As if only releasing the Ghost Pokémon way ahead of the rest wasn't bad enough to begin with. If you're not ready to release them all yet, don't tease us. I'd rather wait the extra month and get them all at the same time. It's more exciting to have the full roster released at once than to have a soft-launch. At least 50 is a somewhat decent amount, unlike the five we got for Halloween, I guess.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited for this, it's just not as exciting as it could have been. Gen III is where I really started liking the designs of Pokémon, and it has many of my favorites, so I can't wait to start catching them. This new weather functionality also seems very interesting, and should add some much-needed depth to the game.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 6th December 2017 at 6:52 PM.

Check it out!

Still patiently waiting for PvP battling to be implemented.

Preferably, I'd like to see online PvP battling implemented, because 5 million daily users is a lot globally, but it's nothing if you're limited to your own city.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    Still patiently waiting for PvP battling to be implemented.

Preferably, I'd like to see online PvP battling implemented, because 5 million daily users is a lot globally, but it's nothing if you're limited to your own city.
    How would PvP even work in Go? The battle system has enough problems staying synced against a computer-controlled opponent, just think about things like the dodge glitch. I'd imagine that against a live-time, real-life opponent it would be even worse.

Check it out!

How would PvP even work in Go? The battle system has enough problems staying synced against a computer-controlled opponent, just think about things like the dodge glitch. I'd imagine that against a live-time, real-life opponent it would be even worse.
    Well we'll just have to wait and see.

The feature is supposed to be underway, though I don't expect it to debut until the end of next year.

I just got an update that shows a Christmas loading screen with hoenn pokemon like spheal.

Now the Hoenn Pokemon have dropped.
    Last edited by AgentKallus; 8th December 2017 at 9:47 PM.

So yeah, Hoenn Pokémon finally coming is great, but what's up with this only 50 will be released first thing? That's just pointless and absurd. As if only releasing the Ghost Pokémon way ahead of the rest wasn't bad enough to begin with. If you're not ready to release them all yet, don't tease us. I'd rather wait the extra month and get them all at the same time. It's more exciting to have the full roster released at once than to have a soft-launch. At least 50 is a somewhat decent amount, unlike the five we got for Halloween, I guess.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited for this, it's just not as exciting as it could have been. Gen III is where I really started liking the designs of Pokémon, and it has many of my favorites, so I can't wait to start catching them. This new weather functionality also seems very interesting, and should add some much-needed depth to the game.
    My guess would be for longevity. They need to keep some Pokemon unreleased so that they have something to stall with while they develop more content. And by releasing Pokemon in groups, they can have players coming back to the game repeatedly rather than catching everything in a few weeks and not touching the game much afterwards,

But anyway, they're out now! So far I've only caught a Gulpin and a couple of Roselia. The new weather feature is bringing me lots of poison types as it's cloudy outside.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

† I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

Got Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Treecko, Seedot, Slakoth and Spoink so far. So many normal types with partly cloudy skies wow.
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

FYI Clear skies is grass, ground and fire.

I'm getting an extreme weather warning instead of any actual weather, my assumption is due to the wild fire not to far away. Interesting.

Anyways, it's great to be able to catch some new Pokémon, but it is as I feared, the 50 Pokémon limit is really dampening the amount of new Pokémon there is to find at any given time. This hasn't been as exciting as the Johto launch so far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exsception View Post
    My guess would be for longevity. They need to keep some Pokemon unreleased so that they have something to stall with while they develop more content. And by releasing Pokemon in groups, they can have players coming back to the game repeatedly rather than catching everything in a few weeks and not touching the game much afterwards,
    It's artificial longevity though, and completely unnecessary. If they were to release a new generation of Pokémon every, let's say, six months, starting now, then we would get to Gen VII in late 2019 /early 2020, and by then Gen VIII would likely be coming to a close or even already ended, meaning they could still do new releases every six months for another year, putting them into 2021. That would give them a lifespan of 5 years, which, as far as I know, is an incredibly large lifespan for a mobile game. At the rate we're going now, we won't hit Gen VII until 2021/2022. Six months is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to wait in between major additions. Instead, they took even longer to release Gen III than it took them to release Gen II. Niantic themselves claimed Gen II would have been out much earlier, had it not been for the numerous glitches they had to fix in the early stages, meaning that they could certainly work within that six month timeline. My point is, if they're going to starve us for content for nearly a year by stalling to prolong a game that doesn't need to be prolonged, then they really shouldn't be stalling even more. It's made especially annoying due to the fact that they shouldn't be stalling in the first place, as if they want to ever have hopes of catching up to real Pokémon, they need to be faster, not slower.

Does that make any sense, or was I just aimlessly ranting?

Check it out!

Added Azurill, Poochyena (hatched both), Makuhita, Gulpin and Zangoose. 17 down, 33 to go.

I'm fine with only 50 right now. Makes it feel easier to accomplish then to catch the (minus the 5 ghosts and legendaries) 120 at once.

Although I kind of wish they'd have region events (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn) so we could only catch Pokemon from those regions.... as much as I like seeing Pidgey, Teddiursa and Paras every 3 seconds, it'd be nice to have an option to... "turn them off" for a period of time.

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast