Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,024 of 1024

Thread: Pokemon Go Discussion

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manchee View Post
    I do think that trading should be introduced, solely because I've always felt that the purpose of these games is to connect with people - that's why they have different versions of main series games when they come out, so you have to trade and interact with other people to get the Pokémon that you want/need to complete your dex. It's not as fun to play a game by yourself, so I think promoting going out with other people and making an "adventure" out of it is way better than being able to complete it on your own. And with only a handful of regional exclusive Pokémon, it's not terribly bad. I've gotten some regional exclusives before I've evolved Mankey, which is very annoying to me because I don't find joy in walking constantly to collect buddy candies, which half the time do not register for me. I'm getting off-topic though for what I was saying about regionals- bottom-line, if they had an indicator right on their main screen to say they were from an event, I wouldn't mind as much about them being released in non-regional areas.
    I'm against trading on the basis of this being a collecting-based game, and way trading would make the takes of completing that collection infinitely easier. Plus there's all the bot accounts and spoofers who would be selling rare Pokémon to the highest bidder. I'd rather us not have to deal with that.

    Anyways, technically with regionals, there is an indication, the capture location. If it says you captured a Farfetch'd in America, then it's from an event. In Japan, it's regular.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I'm against trading on the basis of this being a collecting-based game, and way trading would make the takes of completing that collection infinitely easier. Plus there's all the bot accounts and spoofers who would be selling rare Pokémon to the highest bidder. I'd rather us not have to deal with that.
    Again, it's a game based on collecting and getting outside with your friends. So there's that aspect of interacting with people. If you can only trade with people you are physically near, bot accounts wouldn't really matter. And anyway, people can still make bot accounts and sell them now, so why would that matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Anyways, technically with regionals, there is an indication, the capture location. If it says you captured a Farfetch'd in America, then it's from an event. In Japan, it's regular.
    Yes, obviously, but if it's in a Gym can you look at its capture location? I'm talking about a small ribbon or something in the top right/left side of the screen when you view them, without having to scroll or anything.
    Last edited by Manchee; 25th January 2018 at 3:51 PM.
    Mimicked Circularity
    coming soon

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manchee View Post
    Again, it's a game based on collecting and getting outside with your friends. So there's that aspect of interacting with people. If you can only trade with people you are physically near, bot accounts wouldn't really matter.
    True, I've been working under the assumption of online trading, like the GTS, simply because that's the modern world we live in. Being able to trade with only people near you wouldn't be quite as bad. I'm not convinced it would be the best, but certainly not as bad. But would it even be possible to have such a system? I don't know much about the way phones work, but the only way I can think of to connect to accounts would be via the internet, and if it's via the internet, would it be possible to restrict people to being physically in the same room? And even if there is some way, wouldn't spoofing still get around it too, making it possible for spoofers to distribute their illicitly gained Pokémon?

    And anyway, people can still make bot accounts and sell them now, so why would that matter?
    And that's a problem that needs to be solved. Just because we have one problem already doesn't mean we should allow for more.

    Yes, obviously, but if it's in a Gym can you look at its capture location? I'm talking about a small ribbon or something in the top right/left side of the screen when you view them, without having to scroll or anything.
    Sorry, when you said main screen, I thought you meant the Pokémon's summary screen.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    True, I've been working under the assumption of online trading, like the GTS, simply because that's the modern world we live in. Being able to trade with only people near you wouldn't be quite as bad. I'm not convinced it would be the best, but certainly not as bad. But would it even be possible to have such a system? I don't know much about the way phones work, but the only way I can think of to connect to accounts would be via the internet, and if it's via the internet, would it be possible to restrict people to being physically in the same room? And even if there is some way, wouldn't spoofing still get around it too, making it possible for spoofers to distribute their illicitly gained Pokémon?
    It would probably check the GPS proximity of the players. As long as the players were within 10~ meters of each other it would allow you to trade. There could be some sort of GTS at gyms, but it would have to be limited.

    As for bot accounts, that issue is still very real because services could pop up that would sell people regionals and things. The bots could GPS spoof to a buyer's location and start the trade. Should be pretty easy to ban accounts behaving like that though.

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutioner View Post
    As for bot accounts, that issue is still very real because services could pop up that would sell people regionals and things. The bots could GPS spoof to a buyer's location and start the trade. Should be pretty easy to ban accounts behaving like that though.
    You say that, and yet here we are, over a year and a half into the game's life and it's still a problem that run rampant.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Put this in another thread, but I'll also post it here for maximum exposure.

    If you're someone who doesn't log in frequently, you might want to check your account. Today, probably to celebrate Mewtwo's birthday, EX Raid Passes were handed out with incredibly easy criteria to fill. For example, I got one for a gym I haven't raided at in six months. For those of you who were struggling to get an EX raid Pass, such as myself, this could be your day. I, for one, am thrilled.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Do you just have to swipe a gym? Can't swipe any gyms right now since its after midnight but maybe later.

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maserati777 View Post
    Do you just have to swipe a gym? Can't swipe any gyms right now since its after midnight but maybe later.
    There are reports of people getting passes simply for spinning the Pokéstop at a gym at some point in the past. Unfortunately, all the passes they're going to give out until next week have already been given out, and most likely this was just a special, one-off giveaway for Mewtwo's birthday.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Currently unavailable common species are:
    1. Nincada
    2. Ninjask
    3. Shedinja
    4. Kecleon
    5. Spinda
    6. Clamperl
    7. Huntail
    8. Gorebyss
    9. Smeargle
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  11. #1011
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610

    Default

    They need to end regionals... immediately.
    Been stoked for Tropius since the start of the Gen III rollout. And I'll never have a chance to go to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

  12. #1012
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapiido View Post
    They need to end regionals... immediately.
    Been stoked for Tropius since the start of the Gen III rollout. And I'll never have a chance to go to Africa.
    With what they've been doing recently, it will probably show up for a special occasion elsewhere at some point.

    I'm pretty disappointed in the Valentine's "event." It was so much better and more exciting last year. Luvdisc and Chansey are cute, but seeing all of the pink Pokémon last year was a lot of fun. Plus there were more bonuses, this one feels really cheap (and it's so short!)
    Mimicked Circularity
    coming soon

  13. #1013
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manchee View Post
    With what they've been doing recently, it will probably show up for a special occasion elsewhere at some point.
    It remains to be seen if the Farfetch'd event is a one-off or something they'll keep doing, but let's just cross our fingers that they'l repeat it.

    I'm pretty disappointed in the Valentine's "event." It was so much better and more exciting last year. Luvdisc and Chansey are cute, but seeing all of the pink Pokémon last year was a lot of fun. Plus there were more bonuses, this one feels really cheap (and it's so short!)
    I'm little disappointed too, especially because I really wanted that double candy for Hoenn Pokémon. However, the logic behind it is likely that we just had the Hoenn-exclusive spawns for a couple days, which was basically half an event, and now we have Valentines which is basically half an event. The obvious logic by Niantic here is that two half events make one full one. I don't necessarily agree, but I see the logic.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    459

    Default

    I was very happy with the Valentine's Event because triple stardust.
    I farmed 120K in one night.
    On a journey to 100% the Pokébank Dex!
    Currently seeking: Female Shiny Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, or Venusaur
    Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade!

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    † I am a Christian, and proud to be one! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    3DS Friend Code: 1607-2130-1527

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exsception View Post
    I was very happy with the Valentine's Event because triple stardust.
    I farmed 120K in one night.
    Due to this, I was able to get a total of more than three million stardust in my collection. The best part, however, was that I found and caught a Shiny Luvdisc.

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exsception View Post
    I was very happy with the Valentine's Event because triple stardust.
    I farmed 120K in one night.
    Not really a triple Stardust event though, seeing as it's only on Luvdisc and Chansey that give it. Personally, I haven't even bothered catching Luvdisc. I check them for the shiny and then run. I have nearly 2,000,000 Stardust, so the extra is quite meaningless to me.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  17. #1017
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16

    Default

    If anyone is able to claim any codes for Go from the new events I'd be happy to trade for it for just about anything from my trade shop for ultra sun/moon.
    Last edited by Drakoflash1; 16th February 2018 at 8:39 PM.
    I work with Ludachris78! Check out our trade shop for gen 7!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...iny-trade-shop
    Friend code: 3609-1144-0523
    IGN: Quinton

    Gen VII Shiny hunter
    Progress report to come.

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Near the tunnel's end
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoflash1 View Post
    If anyone is able to claim any codes from the new events I'd be happy to trade for it for just about anything from my trade shop for ultra sun/moon.
    I think you're in the wrong thread.

    You might have more luck here http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...on-HELP-THREAD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ALL Lives Matter

  19. #1019
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread.

    You might have more luck here http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...on-HELP-THREAD
    Thank you lol
    I work with Ludachris78! Check out our trade shop for gen 7!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...iny-trade-shop
    Friend code: 3609-1144-0523
    IGN: Quinton

    Gen VII Shiny hunter
    Progress report to come.

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I really hope that they add abilities for Shedinja's release. It will be worse than a Magikarp without Wonder Guard

  21. #1021
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutioner View Post
    I really hope that they add abilities for Shedinja's release. It will be worse than a Magikarp without Wonder Guard
    Aside from the fact that Go currently has no method to support abilities, there's one major problem for Shedinja int he game. Currently, the game does not allow zero damage to be dealt from an attack. Types that would normally be immune from types only take reduced damage and moves like Splash and Yawn that have a base power of zero still inflict 1 damage, because the battle system doesn't allow for zero damage to be dealt, so it rounds up to one. If this were still the case when Shedinja is introduced, then even if they somehow give it Wonder Guard, the damage it takes would still round up to one, and it would still be defeated in one attack.

    And honestly, the fact that they added in the Castform forms without implementing Forecast tells me that Niantic has no interest in introducing abilities any time soon, or else they would have held off on introducing Castform until they can do it the right way.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  22. #1022
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    11,068

    Default

    So Draco Meteor for Community Day. Well.. That sucks! It's a 1-bar Charge Move, whereas Outrage has higher DPS and is a 2-bar Charge Move. Meaning, you can usually get THREE Outrage's off while you'll likely struggle getting that second Draco Meteor off, because in experience, getting that second 1-bar Charge Move off is highly situational. Getting a second Stone Edge off vs. Hyperbeam Blissey? Sure, no problem. Getting a second Draco Meteor off against a Rayquaza (if your raiding or if your Dragonite is defending)? Highly impossible. Getting 2 to three Outrages off will be far more likely and damage effective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Currently unavailable common species are: SNIP
    1. Smeargle: It's a moveset issue. Like Delibird, they want to use the signature move - Sketch -, but how is that going to work in practice in PoGo?
    2. Nincada-line: Shedinja's the problem. Its ability just wrecks it in this game, bguy7 explained it well enough.
    3. Kecleon: Another Ability-problem. But like Castform, I think they're better off just giving us another useless Normal-type and just include it.
    4. Spinda: I'm guessing they want to implement the unique spots, but haven't figured out how.
    5. Clamperl-line: There should be no issue here, it's no different than Slowpoke, but with two evolution items instead of one. I don't get why these three weren't introduced already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    There are reports of people getting passes simply for spinning the Pokéstop at a gym at some point in the past. Unfortunately, all the passes they're going to give out until next week have already been given out, and most likely this was just a special, one-off giveaway for Mewtwo's birthday.
    Nah, your run of the mill typical Niantic screw-up. People here in the Netherlands were getting passes for gyms they did when on summer vacation to Italy and even as far as Colombia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    It remains to be seen if the Farfetch'd event is a one-off or something they'll keep doing, but let's just cross our fingers that they'l repeat it.

    I'm little disappointed too, especially because I really wanted that double candy for Hoenn Pokémon. However, the logic behind it is likely that we just had the Hoenn-exclusive spawns for a couple days, which was basically half an event, and now we have Valentines which is basically half an event. The obvious logic by Niantic here is that two half events make one full one. I don't necessarily agree, but I see the logic.
    Yeah, maybe the Global Catch Challenge was a one-off thing, but it worked for them - and it worked for us. And aside from that, there are still the Safari Zone-events, which they do more regularly and can easily fit in those regionals a lot quicker. Still, there are too many regionals. Why did New Zealand need one specifically for themselves? I know it technically didn't have one yet, but it's just rubbing salt in the wounds here in (central/west/north/eastern-) Europe where we have only have a single (crappy) regional (outside of ones that will likely rotate (Lunatone/Volbeat). It's not like we're in the same position as Iran.. Where in the same country you can capture: Zangoose, Seviper, Solrock, Lunatone, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Tropius and Corsola.

    And lol, Hoenn Spawns + Valentines Day Spawns + Weird Lunar New Year Spawns tagged on at the end. I loved the Hoenn Spawns, even though I was stuck in a cottage with my in-laws and pretty much all that would spawn were Swablu - and I didn't get a Shiny! - so I had 450 candy in one day, but hey! Cool. I went hard on the Valentines Day Event, caught more than a dozen Chansey the first night, caught a whole bunch of Luvdisc which brought my dust up to 7k. Then I found a shiny, and then I found a 100% one: Level 1, 10cp.. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Not really a triple Stardust event though, seeing as it's only on Luvdisc and Chansey that give it. Personally, I haven't even bothered catching Luvdisc. I check them for the shiny and then run. I have nearly 2,000,000 Stardust, so the extra is quite meaningless to me.
    So just because you didn't take advantage of it, means that it wasn't a triple stardust event? Luvdisc (and later Poochyena/Growlithe/Elektrike/Snubull/Eevee) were everywhere. I caught over 150 Luvdisc, so that's 45000 dust with little effort.

    Sadly, I haven't gotten a shiny Poochyena (yet).

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    And honestly, the fact that they added in the Castform forms without implementing Forecast tells me that Niantic has no interest in introducing abilities any time soon, or else they would have held off on introducing Castform until they can do it the right way.
    Yeah.. Abilities are likely dead in PoGo.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

    "If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."


        Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:


    The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

  23. #1023
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    5. Clamperl-line: There should be no issue here, it's no different than Slowpoke, but with two evolution items instead of one. I don't get why these three weren't introduced already.
    Items themselves are unavailable for now.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  24. #1024
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    So Draco Meteor for Community Day. Well.. That sucks! It's a 1-bar Charge Move, whereas Outrage has higher DPS and is a 2-bar Charge Move. Meaning, you can usually get THREE Outrage's off while you'll likely struggle getting that second Draco Meteor off, because in experience, getting that second 1-bar Charge Move off is highly situational. Getting a second Stone Edge off vs. Hyperbeam Blissey? Sure, no problem. Getting a second Draco Meteor off against a Rayquaza (if your raiding or if your Dragonite is defending)? Highly impossible. Getting 2 to three Outrages off will be far more likely and damage effective.
    It's not that much worse of a move though. You can't activate it as often, but you're inflicting much more damage when you do. Regardless, I'm just looking at it as a collectible like Surfing Pikachu.

    Nah, your run of the mill typical Niantic screw-up. People here in the Netherlands were getting passes for gyms they did when on summer vacation to Italy and even as far as Colombia.
    Yeah, realized that when Niantic made a tweet saying that. What a strange coincidence that it ended up on Mewtwo's birthday though. If I were Niantic, I would have just pretended like that was done on purpose.

    So just because you didn't take advantage of it, means that it wasn't a triple stardust event? Luvdisc (and later Poochyena/Growlithe/Elektrike/Snubull/Eevee) were everywhere. I caught over 150 Luvdisc, so that's 45000 dust with little effort.
    I wouldn't really call it a triple Stardust event unless everything was giving triple Stardust. This was more of a "bonus Stardust" event. But that's really just semantics.

    I will admit though, tagging on a third mini event did help my perception. I'd still have one real event than three mini events, but three was certainly a lot closer than two.

    Yeah.. Abilities are likely dead in PoGo.
    A sad thing too.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •