Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: GO Recent Happenings Thread

I'm in complete shock. I wasn't expecting this to show up in my apartment!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I'm in complete shock. I wasn't expecting this to show up in my apartment!!!
    That's awesome! The second day of Johto I had a Typhlosion appear outside my dorm.

I'm wondering if the evolved Johto starters are more common than their Kanto counterparts, because in addition to that Typhlosion, I saw a Meganium on the nearby while I was in the car once. Compared to Kanto, which only after months did a I find a wild Venesaur, and nothing else since, even during the New Years event.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    That's awesome! The second day of Johto I had a Typhlosion appear outside my dorm.

I'm wondering if the evolved Johto starters are more common than their Kanto counterparts, because in addition to that Typhlosion, I saw a Meganium on the nearby while I was in the car once. Compared to Kanto, which only after months did a I find a wild Venesaur, and nothing else since, even during the New Years event.
    I'm starting to wonder this as well. Venasaur was the only gen 1 evolved starter that I saw in the wild. I had to save up candies for Charizard and Blastoise. My friend saw a Feraligatr on his nearby list.

I've certainly seen more Johto starters around here than Kanto ones, even middle evolutions! I FINALLY have enough to evolve my Nidorina into a Nidoqueen, caught a Vulpix for the first time, and walked enough with my Hoppip so that I can evolve it. My new buddy will be, of all things, Golbat!

I have to move soon, so I'm wondering what kinds of Pokemon I'll find in my new place!

You guys are so lucky. I have barely found any johto starters and found no cyndaquil although a couple showed up on my poke finder )=

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

On the subject of starters, during my time at San Francisco for the weekend, there were many Johto starters, especially Totodile. But mostly the base forms. Found one Croconaw and caught it. Saw a shadow of Bayleef, but couldn't have the chance to get it, unfortunately. And caught a pretty good Blastoise last night when picking up dinner! Still need Wartortle for the Squirtle family.

Since the Easter event started have added Forretress, Sunflora(was saving the Sun Stone), and Hitmontop thru evolution and caught a shiny Magikarp.

Since yesterday was the last day of the event, I spent all my coins on lucky eggs, activated one, and mass evolved everything I could. I finally got a Nidoqueen and Nidoking...only for BOTH to be less than 500 CP. I also evolved a Snubbull, Seadra, and Golbat today as new entries, along with like 13 Pidgeys and SO MANY Natus and Spinaraks. I was just 2 candies away from evolving my Slowpoke into a Slowking, but I guess I was just...too slow! Anyway, it was all enough to bump me up to Level 26, so I basically jumped 2 levels in just over a week's time. That's impressive. Everyone can kill me with their 3000 CP Dragonites and Gyarados still, so I'm still not cream of the crop. Oh well. Time to wait for the next event.

Soon before the event, I had just leveled up to 31. Now thanks to my two Lucky Egg evolution sessions and mass catching, I'm level 32. In total, I earned about 480,000 experience during this event. But now I have to worry about the 750,000 experience required to get to level 33. I did buy the 25 Lucky Egg pack with all the coins I've saved up from gyms, so I should have more than enough of them to last me a while.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

DUring the Easter event I got up to level 31 just barely. I've only been doing the daily bonuses and coins since the event until today because of weather and when I'm up. I did go to Mall Of America today and caught another Porygon, although I'm still way short on candy for it. I'd say its about a 25% chance that when I spend all day there that I am able to see a Porygon.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

I had a good walk earlier. I hatched several eggs and got a koffing, phampy which was new, and aerodactyl which was also new. I also caught several houndour, geodude, a machop, and an abra which I need the evolutions for =)

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Yesterday I hatched two more Lapras's out of 2k eggs (I'm being serious) and I hatched a Clefa. I had eight 2km eggs from the Easter Event that I had to hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Yesterday I hatched two more Lapras's out of 2k eggs (I'm being serious) and I hatched a Clefa. I had eight 2km eggs from the Easter Event that I had to hatch.
    Man, I just hatched my first Lapras from a 10k egg XD That's awesome!!

I've just gotten enough Horsea candy to evolve Seadra on my next lucky egg run. I also have 99 Chikorita candies (was able to catch a few Bayleef with Pinap berries), but I'm holding out for 125 so I can evolve a good Chikorita.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

With how the weather is this week, it doesn't seem like I'm going to be doing much of anything. Mainly just drive to keep the daily bonus for stops and get gym coins. Rain all week ftl.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

On my way to lunch today I finally caught a cyndaquil. Like my chikorita it was really weak though >.>. I also got another abra so I was finally able to evolve my kadabra =)

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Just caught a Gyarados.

When i saw it i thought it was a Dragonair, but i was pleasantly surprised.

Also hatched a Chansey with Hyper Beam, so not a bad night over all

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Today Pokémon Go treated me to a nightmare. I'd double-clicked the iPod's main button to shift apps, and the selection image for Go was a block of orange, tan, white, and black; the custom skin for my character. I've made skins for 3D chars, and it's still creepy. Other then that I hatched a bulbasaur and leveled up.

I'm finding this 7 day streak thing for evo items a little irritating. I'm glad you can still get them randomly, because I'm not into wasting my gas money just to drive to a poke-stop if I didn't have other plans to go anywhere that day (for reference the nearest stop is 15+ miles away).
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    I'm finding this 7 day streak thing for evo items a little irritating. I'm glad you can still get them randomly, because I'm not into wasting my gas money just to drive to a poke-stop if I didn't have other plans to go anywhere that day (for reference the nearest stop is 15+ miles away).
    On that topic, I'd just like to say that yesterday I finally got an Upgrade, the final evolution item I needed. It literally took me 2,800 Pokéstop spins. Actually, it's only because of the 7 day streak that I got it. I'm on a college campus with Pokéstops galore though.

Check it out!

Finally managed to get a Sun Stone

One more to go and then i can evolve everything.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Hatched another Larvitar which gave me enough candy for Tyranitar. Now at 226 on the dex but do have enough candy and item for Porygon2, Quilava, and Typhlosion. Just waiting for a good Cyndaquil and Porygon before those get evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by jacensolo66 View Post
    Hatched another Larvitar which gave me enough candy for Tyranitar.
    Wow, how many Larvitar have you hatched? I haven't managed to hatch a single one yet. I have captured two of them with Pinap Berries, and I just walked my 200th kilometer with one of them yesterday. Unfortunately that all adds up to a measly 55 candies. I'm not even half-way there. Hopefully I'll start hatching them soon.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Wow, how many Larvitar have you hatched? I haven't managed to hatch a single one yet. I have captured two of them with Pinap Berries, and I just walked my 200th kilometer with one of them yesterday. Unfortunately that all adds up to a measly 55 candies. I'm not even half-way there. Hopefully I'll start hatching them soon.
    Hatched 5. Have never caught one in the wild. Seen 2 on Nearby List but couldn't find one and the other was gone before I got to the Pokestop.

Thanks btw. Opened the game to see how many Larvitars I had hatched and there was a Pikachu next to house that I caught.

On my walk a couple if days ago I walked enough to get a candy for marril so I was able to evolve it. I also hatched another pineco which for some reason meant I was able to evolve it. I've only gotten 2 =0. Today I caught a aipom which was new =)

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quick rundown of the last couple of weeks before I get to today.

First off, a migration ago, a park in the Netherlands turned into an amazing Chikorita-nest. It's only an half hour bicycleride away and entry is just €1'-. So I went there with my bag stocked with 120 Ultra Balls, and about 50 Pinap Berries. I came home with enough candy for TWO Meganium. Pretty effing sweet. There were literally clusterspawns of five Chikorita at a time.

The Grass-event sucked for me. I literally didn't have the time to catch the one single Tangela I saw on my Nearby and the sole Venusaur I ever saw fled after a Excellent, Razz Berried Curved Ultra Ball throw. I was salty. I've evolved a Bulbasaur, but I haven't caught one. I have caught both Blastoise and Charizard during the Starter-event back in '16, so I really wanted this one. I did manage to capture a Jumpluff, but I had already evolved a Skiploom, so it was mčh. Nothing really else during the Grass-event.

This migration, the park right next to my house is a Cyndaquil-nest. I've stocked up a bit more casually. During the double XP-event I've evolved one Cyndaquil into Quilava and I still have 166 candy left, with two 82%+ Cyndaquil left. At the same time, a park just a 10-minute bicycleride away, with no entry fee, has turned into an Totodile-nest.

So what happened today? Between 14:08 and 15:55 I managed to capture a whopping THIRTYFIVE Totodile. The majority with Pinap Berries (above 550 and I turned to Razz Berries). NONE of the ones I encountered fled. I started with 120 Ultra Balls, I only have 72 left. I started with 50 Pinap Berries, I only have 9 left.. So how many Totodile Candy does that equate to?

289 Totodile Candy. Considering I already have a Croconaw, and three 82%+ Totodile, I think I'm set for quite a while.

But that wasn't all that I caught today at that park, on the circular route I took throughout the park, there.. on the middle of the trail, suddenly leaped out a Snorlax. AWESOME. But it's CP was 236 and it had crap IV's, so I trashed it. I've got no space in my cramped pokébox for the weaklings.

That being said..

Next week will be the AdventureWeek, aka the Rock-type event. This is just a bit too late to be honest.. Yeah, sure.. I want to stock up for GenIV's Rhyperior (which will be something like 25 for Rhydon and 100 for Rhyperior) and I still need Tyranitar candy, and I've only got 23 Larvitar candy (I've breached the 100km mark with my Larvitar-buddy today).. and Buddy Pokémon getting candy four times faster will surely help out a lot. But here's the problem..

I still need an Aerodactyl. You'd think that this event would have me giddy with anticipation, but it's not the case. The marketingline for the event specifically mentioned: "Maybe you'll even catch an Aerodactyl!" Why does this bother me so much? Well, because the last time we had a similar event -the Water Festival-, it specifically mentioned: "Maybe you'll even catch a Lapras!" And I never caught one during the event! I caught EVERY WATER-TYPE! Or at least I had caught enough of each in order to evolve all of them (except Totodile)! I was falsely led into a belief that after months of playing, I'd finally be able to capture a Lapras! Oh, said event also didn't deliver on the Totodile for me. I caught three during the whole week, one of them was at a frequent spawn point that had nothing to do with the event. Conclusion, I'm still salty because of the Water Festival-event misleading Lapras-baiting, that even though I still need an Aerodactyl, I'm about 50% sure that I won't find one during this event.

Luckily, I've gathered eight 10K eggs and I've got enough coins to spend on incubators once I get that final ninth 10K, so if I don't manage to find one next week, maybe I'll have one hatch shortly.

That being said, since this event is a week long, I am going to try and complete a capture-event, meaning I want to catch all Rock-types, or at least enough of them in order to evolve to an evolution. So if I don't catch a Rhydon, I'll need to gain at least 50 candy from whence I started the event.

The timing is another thing though.. Today was the final day that I could go to the Totodile-nest.. and as I said, I blew through 41 Pinap Berries and nearly 50 Ultra Balls. Those would've been handy for the event, specifically for Rhyhorn (I want at least 150 candy by the end of it) and potentially wild Larvitar, because walking is just so tedious even if they're going to up the pace x4 during the event.

And lastly, I don't know if I should switch buddies during this event. If I'm getting candy four times as fast.. Maybe I should switch to Mareep? I've only got 3 Mareep candy, so even if I walk 20km during the event that's going to be 16 candy of a species I'll likely only really be able to get bulks amount of out of eggs.

I'll return to this thread next week with an update/rant.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

@Locormus- I was in a similar boat for the Water Festival, but I saw a Lapras on radar. In a park. At night. After hours. Briefly contemplated whether it'd be worth risking, but decided against it. Hatched a Lapras not long after that. Hopefully the Aerodactyl situation is better though.

Also, wasn't aware you could catch Eeveelutions in the wild. Found a Vaporeon (a really good one) next to a Croconaw yesterday. Currently I don't have any helpful nests near me at the moment, but I was able to hatch an Elekid (giving me enough candy for an Electabuzz) and my first Phanpy! This rock type event has me hoping I'll get a bunch of Geodude and the one more Onix I need to evolve it. I have four metal coats, but not enough Onix candy because the spawner spot for them changed to Natu before I could catch the last one.

"And this is where I'd put my Steelix, IF I HAD ONE."
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast