Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: GO Recent Happenings Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Niantic does have contact information available on their website, but I wouldn't count on them taking you request under any consideration. Given the popularity of Go, they're probably swamped with suggestions, most of them coming from people who have no idea what they're saying.

And also, it probably wouldn't be the best for the game if multiple candies were handed from buddy Pokemon at once. The game is designed so that catching Pokemon is the primary source of candy. The buddy system is merely meant to be supplement to this, never the primary source.
    I'd prefer to keep the candies as they are and give us a bunch of stardust for reaching those milestones instead.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

Niantic does have contact information available on their website, but I wouldn't count on them taking you request under any consideration. Given the popularity of Go, they're probably swamped with suggestions, most of them coming from people who have no idea what they're saying.

And also, it probably wouldn't be the best for the game if multiple candies were handed from buddy Pokemon at once. The game is designed so that catching Pokemon is the primary source of candy. The buddy system is merely meant to be supplement to this, never the primary source.
    Ah. I see.

Well it's not worth it. One can only walk so much. Especially when dealing with Pokemon that take HUNDREDS of candies to evolve. It would take YEARS to evolve them. Seriously O_O. Especially in areas that don't spawn such Pokemon that often. The game is just awfully unbalanced.

That's why I'd even mention it. As a way of trying to level it out.

Like with Magikarp for example. It takes 400 Magikarp candies to evolve. That's who knows how many kms. And if any trainers live outside of a spawning zone for them, they're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    I'd prefer to keep the candies as they are and give us a bunch of stardust for reaching those milestones instead.
    Stardust isn't worth much to me as I don't catch a ton. Since I can only walk so much in a day and what not, candies are more valuable to me.

But as a compromise, it's too bad that we couldn't use stardust to evolve Pokemon instead if trying to collect candies ends up being too much of a hassle.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 14th September 2017 at 11:38 PM.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    Like with Magikarp for example. It takes 400 Magikarp candies to evolve. That's who knows how many kms. And if any trainers live outside of a spawning zone for them, they're screwed.
    While it sucks, that's kind of the point of the game. Niantic's vision was to make it so that the game changes depending on where you play. I can't say I can agree with it, but it is what the way the game developers intended it to work, so a "fix" can't really be expected.

And trust me, I know your pain. I walked my Larvitar 300 km to get a Tyranitar.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

While it sucks, that's kind of the point of the game. Niantic's vision was to make it so that the game changes depending on where you play. I can't say I can agree with it, but it is what the way the game developers intended it to work, so a "fix" can't really be expected.

And trust me, I know your pain. I walked my Larvitar 300 km to get a Tyranitar.
    And it's a pointless one. It makes the game a lot less fun to play.

Dang. That's insane. I'm lucky if I walk 2000 steps (1.524km) a day. 20 laps. Yesterday was an exception. Walked 5000 steps (3.81km) -- 50 laps. It's great to get exercise, but with limited wifi areas, it's a lot less in regards to varying environments. A lot of the areas rely on me using cellular data, and I end up mainly using that to get more Pokeballs, items and eggs for the most part. And to add to that, not having unlimited data.

No way to go off of other wifi, minus one Pokestop which has access to some.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 15th September 2017 at 4:11 AM.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    And it's a pointless one. It makes the game a lot less fun to play.

Dang. That's insane. I'm lucky if I walk 2000 steps (1.524km) a day. 20 laps. Yesterday was an exception. Walked 5000 steps (3.81km) -- 50 laps. It's great to get exercise, but with limited wifi areas, it's a lot less in regards to varying environments. A lot of the areas rely on me using cellular data, and I end up mainly using that to get more Pokeballs, items and eggs for the most part. And to add to that, not having unlimited data.

No way to go off of other wifi, minus one Pokestop which has access to some.
    While attending college, I tend to walk 3-5 kms a day just going to and from class, and I was walking that thing for months. And honestly, I'm just thankful to have the buddy system in the first place.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 15th September 2017 at 5:13 AM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

While attending college, I tend to walk 3-5 kms a day just going to and from class, and I was walking that thing for months. And honestly, I'm just thankful to have the buddy system in the first place.
    You're both lucky and fortunate. There aren't that many people in my area that play the game that often these days. So I'm doing raids on my own sadly.

Oberhausen event is sick. But there are conflicting reports on whether the "zone" letters are included in the event. I might be going to Amstelveen, so I'm a bit bummed out by "only" getting 4 new letters, leaving me at 9, while 10 is the silver medal..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Just hatched my 10km egg. Got a Skarmory from it. Hoping to try to get some more items and what not today. Need to stock back up.

Our area just got its first Mewtwo raid yesterday. Unfortunately, I hadn't raided at that place ever, so I didn't get a pass invite. I went anyway, since my friend was going to be there and I wanted to see a huge raid. Around 50-60 people showed up. Mewtwo actually went down pretty easily; everybody beat it with over a minute to spare. Most people caught it, making everyone believe that its catch rate was spiked up since this was only a beta-test. We don't know when and where the next one will be.

So does anyone have any idea what's up with this new shirt? I'm a bit confused as to what it's supposed to be.

Check it out!

So does anyone have any idea what's up with this new shirt? I'm a bit confused as to what it's supposed to be.
    A new t-shirt for you to wear, obviously. They are promoting Global Goals. Hard to explain, but these three sources should clear it up. The latter two sources are also in within the first source.

Sources: 1 | 2 | 3

Ran into a bit of a freezing issue while playing Go via Wifi today. Reported it to Niantic. Went out and was able to raid battle a Weezing. Lost but it was still fun. Got to get some items, a couple of eggs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    A new t-shirt for you to wear, obviously. They are promoting Global Goals. Hard to explain, but these three sources should clear it up. The latter two sources are also in within the first source.

Sources: 1 | 2 | 3
    That's a bit...strange. It seems to be a good cause, but what is putting a random t-shirt and a measly 17 Pokestops in one country going to do? Maybe Pokestops around the world or some sort of in-game event, but the only global item is the t-shirt, and what's that going to do?

Check it out!

I finally hatched a Porygon today! The only Kanto Pokemon I need now, excluding region-exclusives and Mewtwo, are Charizard and Dragonite.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526