Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: GO Recent Happenings Thread

No one around here's been wanting to do Suicune raids. What, so the temperature's gone down 30 degrees and suddenly everyone's allergic to the outdoors?

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    I wonder about that one too. Unless it's shiny, it doesn't make sense to have Metapod there. Magikarp, I get, since they're harder to come by.
    Yeah, I can understand the Kanto tier 1s because they're easy to do by yourself and some people may not have them yet. I know I almost NEVER see Charmander, so I'm happy for those this benefits. As for the new raid bosses, well...I'll be honest and a bit more blunt than usual. I think the new raid bosses suck. Keeping Machamp, Lapras, Tyranitar, etc was a good move in that people could always use more of those, but Victreebel? Cloyster? Poliwrath? Metapod?! It just seems to be a bit of a let down. On the bright side, however, at least Porygon has become MUCH more accessible, which is freaking fantastic since I know quite a few people in my raid group on campus still haven't gotten one yet. That and it'll provide a great opportunity to get some candy for Porygon 2 (just a few weeks after I finally walked mine enough to evolve it, but that's beside the point XD). Golem and Omastar are cool too, so it's not a total loss.

Either way, I'm gonna really miss those Magikarp raids. I was hoping I could find another shiny Magikarp that had decent IVs at some point since mine is junk XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Metapod, like Magikarp, is a joke raid boss. It can't really attack you much like Magikarp. I think the primary reason for the Generation I raids is to give anyone who doesn't have them yet to fill them in for their Pokédex. Also, I believe that when Generation III comes in December, the likelihood of finding Generation I Pokémon will be significantly reduced. There are a few new raid bosses that I still need for my Pokédex, but it's hard to do so by finding others to help you out, as you don't really see much going after any level raid besides legendary raids and possibly Tyranitar. The three new raid bosses Cometstarlight mentioned above are actually ones I still need, but can't take them on alone. Porygon is nice to have around here, however, Porygon is useless to me since I already have a 100% Porygon by hatching it.

Would want to do the Nidoqueen and Nidoking raids for Pokédex entries, and Golem for a better one, since the one I caught out in the wild is crap.

And speaking of raids, I did a Gengar raid with two other people at a restaurant while having dinner. I wasn't going to go after it since I was alone at the time, but when I looked it up after a bit, two others joined in. And joined with about a minute to spare (in lobby) to start. And luckily, I caught that Gengar. Now I have the whole Gastly family without evolving. Even though Gengar is a level 3 boss, I guess the others in my group either still needed a decent Gengar or have yet to use the daily free pass.

I caught Mewtwo at the EX raid last night! : D : D : D

Snagged it on the first ball too! I'm still amazed that I even got invited at all. I'd only done one raid for an entire month before they sent out the passes, and it was a freaking Magikarp that I did on a complete whim. The even better part is... I got invited to another EX raid next weekend, at the same gym that I got my Suicune at last week! I can't believe my luck right now. Helps make up for a really crappy couple of weeks at work haha.
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 15000 REs | Platinum BQ #5 - Mt. Coronet 1F - 1200 REs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 (Phase 2) - 200 REs | Sun Trial Quest #5 - Lush Jungle - 50 REs

Latest shinies:

Sun TQ #4 - 8005 REs - 1/21/18

I think I'm moving but I go nowhere
    Yeah, I know that everyone gets scared
    But I've become what I can't be

I have been trying to catch everything that I can to help out with the Pokémon GO Travel thing. My Pokémon GO wriststrap broke so I am carrying it in the little pocket of my jeans now. We have unlocked double XP so that's those millions of Pidgey & Rattata being evolved whilst typing this too
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341

Pokémon Y - 721/721 Pokémon Caught
    Pokémon Omega Ruby - 721/721 Pokémon Caught
    Pokémon Sun - 801/802 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Had a good weekend. Took advantage of the double experience points and a lucky egg to evolve 51 pokemon all at once (a personal record for most pokemon evolved in one go), finally got the medal for hatching 500 eggs and added Farfetch'd to my pokedex.
    Just waiting for other region exclusives like Kangaskhan, Tauros and Heracross to turn up in the UK.
    Favourite Ice Types

Long time, no see, Go Board! I'm loving the new update with Hoenn Pokemon and weather effects. It's been snowing a lot in my university town, and the snow animation in the game has been beautiful. I've caught various new Hoenn Pokemon, including Roselia, Skitty, Zangoose, Plusle, and a few others, along with the 5 that were available beginning at Halloween time. I also got my first Larvitar from a 10k egg!

My new Pokedex total is 216.
    128 Kanto, 74 Johto, and 14 Hoenn.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!

Today I went 1/2 on Groudon raids, solo'd a Machamp raid at a Sprint gym, and then did a Tyranitar raid. I also caught a shiny Snowrunt, although its IVs were poor. I wasted multiple Golden Razz + Ultra Ball on a wild Lapras level 30 only to find out its IVs were terrible. I have enough candy for Blaziken, but haven't got a wonder Torchic yet. I am about 40% of the way to getting a Sceptile and already have a Swampert.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

I've registered a bunch of new Pokemon recently thanks to the introduction of Hoenn Pokemon. Plus, I finally got some fully evolved Kanto Pokemon I did not have before such as Blastoise and Alakazam. I've been catching a bunch of Roselia and Gulpin, and I evolved one to register Swalot. I can't wait for Roserade to be introduced to GO with the Gen IV Pokemon. The Snorunt line is one of my favorites, so I've been excited catching those. Finally getting Delibird was nice as well. I've also caught some random Hoenn 'mons such as Ralts and Meditite.

My new Pokedex total is 230.
    130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 25 Hoenn.

Got a Slakoth yesterday but they seem pretty rare. I know that Slaking is an iffy attacker, but he'd be a strong defender right?

I've registered a couple new Pokemon in the last couple days. I took down a Wailmer Raid by myself (it's super easy to do so since it was only at 3300 CP or so) and caught and registered that. I also registered Hariyama, Delcatty, and Treecko. I've always had the worst luck finding Starter Pokemon, but Mudkip and Torchic have been spawning a lot for me. Also, I'm still stoked that I got my first shiny Pokemon in Go - shiny Snorunt! This morning I caught a 792 CP Eevee and that shocked me because it was so high (the ones I usually see are 600 max). I'm going to save it until Leafeon and Glaceon are introduced next gen. because they are two of my favorites.

My new Pokedex total is 234.
    130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 29 Hoenn.

I've been home with my parents over Christmas, which is in a less major city than where I live for work. So Groudon has been the first legendary I've missed out on because none of the raids had anyone turn up to them.

I'm surprised how common the gen 3 starters are. I don't have the third stage of the gen 1 ones yet, but I already have enough candy for a Swampert.

I also grew to level 31 the other day!

I just got back from driving around playing Pokemon go, and I caught a lot of ice type Pokemon today as well as a couple Santa Hat Pikachus! I havent seen nor caught a single shiny Pokemon in this game yet but it doesnt stop me from tapping every Magikarp, Pikachu, Shuppet, Duskull, Sableye and Snorunt I see!

I took over 4 gyms, one of which was white with no pokemon in it :3 and I also did 3 raids, one was Magneton and the other was Machamp. The Groudon raid failed because there was not enough people, but I already have 4 of them so I think I am ok with what I have

Anyway as I pulled up at my house, there was a Snorlax outside! I berried it with a Pinap Berry because I needed the candies, and threw an Ultra Ball at it. After 2 shakes, it broke free and ran away oh well, I usually use my rare candies to level up my Snorlax, as it is my stongest Pokemon in Pokemon Go by far!

Slakoth had been in my nearby forever but I finally caught 2 of them and registered it. Thanks to catching a bunch of the same Pokemon the last week or two I've registered 7 evolutions in my Pokedex: Manectric, Linoone, Sealeo, Walrein, Glalie, Dustox, and Medicham.

My new Pokedex total is 242.
    130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 37 Hoenn.

Finally caught a Seviper after its migration!

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutioner View Post
    Finally caught a Seviper after its migration!
    I still need to make sure to do that! I'm so happy I managed to get a Zangoose, I was afraid I'd miss it!

I'm currently trying to slowly gather Hoenn Pokémon so I can evolve a bunch sometime soon (hopefully there will be another event soon with boosted exp). I don't think I have too many Hoenn Pokémon that are ready to evolve, but I know I'm only a catch or two away from being able to at least get Swalot lol

Ralts is my buddy. We're at 43 candies.

I have another Ralts that I evolved into Kirlia. She's judged as Amazing. Just trying to get her up to evolve into Gardevoir. One of my favorite pokemon.

Dex: Seen 292, Caught 263
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

Today I spent 6 hours at Mall of America. I caught 4 Lotad since it was raining from 3-4 and 5-6. I successfully captured 2 Groudon, one of which using a Pinap Berry since it had terrible IVs. I also hatched a bunch of eggs; unfortunately my 10km one was a stupid Sudowoodo even though I got the egg after gen 3 started. I gained about 90,000 stardust and around 100,000 experience. 4 Starpieces and Incences were used, no Lucky Eggs since I don't have a stockpile to evolve.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

A couple days I evolved two Wurmple, first getting Cascoon and then a Silcoon, which I actually needed. Today, two Luvdisc spawned on campus and I caught both, registering the species to my Pokedex. After I got out of class and walked to the student union, the union gym was hosting a Mawile raid. I defeated and caught it, finally getting my first Mawile. I also hatched an Egg today, which turned out to be a Spoink. This finally gave me enough candies to evolve and register Grumpig. My Grumpig ended up being close to 1900 CP, so I was happy with it. With a couple more Wurmple I will be able to evolve Silcoon and register Beautiful, finally attaining the full split evolution line.

My new Pokedex total is 246.
    130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 41 Hoenn.
    Last edited by OnceUponATime; 20th January 2018 at 3:35 AM.

I caught a couple Wurmple today and was able to register Beautifly. I now have all of Wurmple's evolutions. I hatched 10k egg today, and was extremely disappointed when it was only a Sudowoodo, which spawn all the time in my college town. I really wanted a Poryogn (I've still never gotten one) or Dratini or Larvitar for the candies.

My new Pokedex total is 247.
    130 Kanto, 75 Johto, and 42 Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Alexis View Post
    Today I finally captured my first Shiny and it was Pikachu!!
    Right before an event with a huge buff in shiny odds for Pikachu :<

Still a good collector Pokemon since it wasn't from the event!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728