Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: GO Recent Happenings Thread

I now have a Lugia and I also caught two Moltes and one Zapdos. A while back I caught three Articunos.

I finally hatched my first Chansey out of a 10k egg. I evolved my Quilava as well. I've had a great week in Pokémon Go.

Here's my gamer tags if anyone wants to add me and play games.
    Playstation Network: grandchampion82
    Xbox Live: BTheChamp1
    3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

I only really need 13 more Pokemon before I complete my Pokedex (excluding legendaries unreleased and region-exclusives). However, they all require either luck of the hatch or so many candies (of those, they're almost all 5km buddy Pokemon) that I'm just waiting for the next event to happen (a sudden Mareep infestation, perhaps?!).

This past weekend, I went to Anaheim (I live about 50 minutes away) both Saturday and Sunday. Had a very productive weekend for Pokémon GO. Caught five Kangaskhan (exclusive to Australia), for they appeared in Anaheim for The Pokémon Worlds Championship 2017. Was also able to catch all six letters of Unown while there, too (W, O, R, L, D, and S). For Saturday, I attempted a Legendary Raid for Articuno, and I was able to defeat it and catch it, with a free pass from a previous day! For Sunday, I was able to take on Moltres and Zapdos raids with ease (all raids were easy to have 20 people in a group). Unfortunately, I was not able to catch Zapdos nor Moltres. Both of these raids were from a free pass, one from Saturday and one from Sunday. Unfortunate, but I still hope to have one sometime, but I don't think I will at this rate since they'll be gone in just 10 days. Haven't gotten to a Lugia raid, either.

Productive weekend at Anaheim. Major points for being able to get a regional Pokémon outside of the United States (Kangaskhan for Australia), six Unown letters, and even an Articuno.

Took catching 15 Zapdos but I finally got one over 90%(91%). Then #16 was 93%. Kind of Zapdos'd out at this point.

Also caught my 2nd shiny Magikarp. It had better stats then the 1st so I evolved it to get a red Gyrados.

Took on a Level 2 Exeggutor Raid. Took a few tries until I should be constantly hitting with super-effective moves. Successfully defeated the boss and caught it in just one ball. But it wasn't a good one anyway, so I transferred it, plus, I already have a few good ones. Easy XP (3,500 XP), got two Super Potions, two Revives, two Golden Razz Berries, and one Fast TM.

Hatched a few eggs, but one of them is note-worthy: Hatched my first ever 100% IV Pokémon of the game: Pichu! Unfortunately, no Ash-hat (egg was very new, as in a day or two old), nor was it shiny.

Anybody here have some tips for catching Articuno? I've tried seven times in total and no luck on any of them. I have the other three legendaries, but Articuno apparently hates me and won't let me catch it. : (

I'm trying to level up my Ice-type catch bonus today (currently at 39/50) before going raiding with some friends tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. Otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do before all the birds leave on the 31st.
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 13800 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 22600 REs | Platinum BQ #4 - Cranidos - 200 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 7000 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 6000 REs

Latest shiny:

Platinum BQ #3 - 1167 SRs - 8/14/17

With every broken bone, I swear I lived

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Anybody here have some tips for catching Articuno? I've tried seven times in total and no luck on any of them. I have the other three legendaries, but Articuno apparently hates me and won't let me catch it. : (

I'm trying to level up my Ice-type catch bonus today (currently at 39/50) before going raiding with some friends tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. Otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do before all the birds leave on the 31st.
    I always wait until just as Articuno floats back down from the top of the screen because it won't attack during that time frame, but that's just me. Hope that helps!

Well, I finally got Lugia. Not the best, but I don't care! Finally!! Also had some of the strangest luck ever (that probably won't happen again); a random Snorlax spawned near me, so my mom and I ran to catch it and we did. We went to dinner and on the way back, there was another Snorlax nearby. That's 2 of 5 Snorlax I've ever seen in the game and it happened within an hour of each other. Weird stuff.

Also hatched my first Porygon, so now I can work on getting Porygon 2. That leaves just Kabutops, Machamp, and Aerodactyl as the only non regional gen 1 Pokemon I need left.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Be patient, and try to wait to throw your Pokéball until after the Pokémon has finished its attack animation. Also, try to use curve balls if you can. A curveball gives you an even bigger chance of catching it than a great throw does alone. If you can get curveball, great throw, with a Golden Razz Berry, your odds won't be that bad. But if you can't consistently throw curveballs, then your better off not wasting the balls and going for great and excellent straight throws, but practice curveballing on random Pokémon. I couldn't do curveballs when the Legendaries were first released, but after a month of practice, I'm getting alright at it. And, in case it isn't obvious, always use Golden Razz Berries if you have them.

I get your stress though. I still don't have a Lugia after all of this time. It's very disappointing thinking I only have a few days left.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Be patient, and try to wait to throw your Pokéball until after the Pokémon has finished its attack animation. Also, try to use curve balls if you can. A curveball gives you an even bigger chance of catching it than a great throw does alone. If you can get curveball, great throw, with a Golden Razz Berry, your odds won't be that bad. But if you can't consistently throw curveballs, then your better off not wasting the balls and going for great and excellent straight throws, but practice curveballing on random Pokémon. I couldn't do curveballs when the Legendaries were first released, but after a month of practice, I'm getting alright at it. And, in case it isn't obvious, always use Golden Razz Berries if you have them.

I get your stress though. I still don't have a Lugia after all of this time. It's very disappointing thinking I only have a few days left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    I always wait until just as Articuno floats back down from the top of the screen because it won't attack during that time frame, but that's just me. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice! I do tend to get impatient when trying to catch the legendaries, so I'll try waiting until it stops attacking/moving before I throw. I've been practicing curveballs too, but a lot of times when I try it on Articuno, I throw too hard and the ball goes past it. Guess I just gotta keep my nerves in check haha. I've also heard that alternating between Nanab and Golden Razz berries increases your chances as well. It worked for me on Zapdos and Lugia, but not so much the others. Hopefully with all of this in mind I'll finally get my Articuno tomorrow. Good luck on your quests!
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 13800 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 22600 REs | Platinum BQ #4 - Cranidos - 200 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 7000 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 6000 REs

Latest shiny:

I've also heard that alternating between Nanab and Golden Razz berries increases your chances as well. It worked for me on Zapdos and Lugia, but not so much the others.
    This trick is completely unconfirmed, and if it worked for you, odds are you just got lucky, as proven by it not working on Articuno. I personally would never risk trying it on the small chance that it does work, as you would be majorly decreasing your chances at catching it by using Nanab Berries instead of Golden Razz Berries. It's just not worth the risk unless the rumor is proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    This trick is completely unconfirmed, and if it worked for you, odds are you just got lucky, as proven by it not working on Articuno. I personally would never risk trying it on the small chance that it does work, as you would be majorly decreasing your chances at catching it by using Nanab Berries instead of Golden Razz Berries. It's just not worth the risk unless the rumor is proven true beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    I was about to say the same thing. There's quite a few videos on Youtube going through and debunking this claim. I always use Golden Razz Berries, but since the last premier ball is glitched and can only capture the Pokemon if it's a critical capture, I throw a Nanab Berry on the last one. Hopefully they'll fix that glitch sooner or later, but good luck to you and your Articuno escapades!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Thanks for the advice! I do tend to get impatient when trying to catch the legendaries, so I'll try waiting until it stops attacking/moving before I throw.
    Don't wait until after the attack animation, time it right and throw it mid attack as it mite do a double attack.

Well, turns out there was only one Articuno that showed up in the area in 6 hours of hunting today, and there was absolutely no one around for it. : ( I did raids for each of the other legendaries, but didn't catch any of them (to be fair, I wasn't trying that hard to catch them, since I have them all and I was trying to save Golden Razz berries for an Articuno). Thanks to all who gave advice, it's much appreciated! I was really hoping that berry trick worked lol, too bad it seems like it's just a rumor.

Edit: 0 for 8 on Articuno now. I can't throw curveballs at legendaries to save my life. At least I leveled up to 29 finally.

Edit 2: I FINALLY CAUGHT IT!!! Took 11 tries but Articuno is finally mine (and it's 97.8% too)! I'm so relieved I don't have to worry about trying to catch one tonight or tomorrow morning. I also caught a Tangela yesterday, so my Gen 1 Pokedex (minus Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Mewtwo and Mew) is complete!

Thanks again to Bguy7, Cometstarlight and jacensolo66 for the advice and encouragement!
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 30th August 2017 at 9:08 PM.
    Current shiny hunts:

Latest shiny:

Today I went 2/2 on Raikou with my best one being 1893 so I was very happy about that. I also built a page that lists all gyms in my local area because some places are very hard to find on Google Maps.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

Well, turns out there was only one Articuno that showed up in the area in 6 hours of hunting today, and there was absolutely no one around for it. : ( I did raids for each of the other legendaries, but didn't catch any of them (to be fair, I wasn't trying that hard to catch them, since I have them all and I was trying to save Golden Razz berries for an Articuno). Thanks to all who gave advice, it's much appreciated! I was really hoping that berry trick worked lol, too bad it seems like it's just a rumor.

Edit: 0 for 8 on Articuno now. I can't throw curveballs at legendaries to save my life. At least I leveled up to 29 finally.

Edit 2: I FINALLY CAUGHT IT!!! Took 11 tries but Articuno is finally mine (and it's 97.8% too)! I'm so relieved I don't have to worry about trying to catch one tonight or tomorrow morning. I also caught a Tangela yesterday, so my Gen 1 Pokedex (minus Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, Mewtwo and Mew) is complete!

Thanks again to Bguy7, Cometstarlight and jacensolo66 for the advice and encouragement!
    Congrats!! Glad you were able to snag it on the way out and a nice one at that! From what I've been told, the Legendary Beasts are easier to hit (mainly because they're not flying all over the screen), but they are 2% catch rates like Lugia.

ALL Lives Matter

Hatched my second 100% IV Pokémon this morning, as it was a Porygon this time. And did a Tyranitar raid with ease, but failed to catch because Tyranitar was being feisty. Took on a Moltres raid and a Zapdos raid last Friday, was able to beat both. Failed to catch Moltres, but was able to catch Zapdos. It wasn't a very good one in terms of IV, but at least I have one. Still no Raikou yet, but I hope to get one before the beast migrates to a different area of the planet.

I'm Lv26 and got all birds by the official last day and caught Entei yesterday got a glitch on one earlier but was a free pass so meh if was a premium I would be annoyed. I had to email Niantic cause of loads of errored out of 3/4 Lugia and Zapdos so got back those been doing a few level 1 raids and epically failed on a level 2 on a own so need more better pokemon.
    Friend Code X: 4914-4884-2329
    Friend Code Y: 0404-6504-6432

Pokémon in my safari X: Dragon: Noibat; Druddigon; Gabite
    Pokémon in my safarai Y: Pupitar Boldore Shuckle

PM me if you add me. GMT 0

Looking to:
    Complete vivillion patterns
    Collect all FS

Shiny charm collected 12/06/16

Was able to get my first Tyranitar today! Doesn't have the best moves (I really need TMs of all kinds. I haven't gotten them in ages), but I'm just happy I got one! Especially since I failed my first Raikou raid earlier this week. I know he'll be here for a month, but I just want to make sure I get one. Also it looks like Egg timers are back which I have mixed feelings about. I like having only one legendary so we know what's in the 5 star egg and we're able to fight for the gym in order to get more balls, but...going from two hour raids back to one hour really sucks. It made things a lot more flexible and that's kinda crunched now. Maybe something will be done about it in the future.

As for hatches, I hatched two Togepi in a row, which is great because I need all the candy I can get for Togetic XD

ALL Lives Matter

I've been just playing the game for fun. No luck with raids as there's no one in the area to go on them with . But I tried my luck against a Moltres, a Gengar and a Magmar for the heck of it.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Today, I did a Raikou raid with a group and was able to beat it with about 10 seconds remaining (I think everyone had to rejoin once, me included). And I was able to catch it on about my third throw, with a Nice! bonus. It's not perfect, but it is the best legendary for me in terms of IVs and CP. I'm just glad that I have a Raikou now. On to Entei and Suicune, when they come to North America, that is. There was another Raikou before this one that I went to, but no one was around for that one, so I ignored it after a bit.

For hatches, I hatched my second Snorlax. Not perfect, but my appraisal says the stats are all equal, which is something. They're 11; I checked. Also hatched an Oddish and a Gastly, none were good (they were, but I just didn't deem them worthy enough) and transferred them. Got 11 candy each out of them both. Been using my infinity incubator on the 10km eggs (which I shouldn't be doing, but I wanted to) that I had since late July and throughout August. Still have three 10km eggs from August (one is currently incubating), so now I'm filling up my early September eggs with 5kms.

I haven't been having good luck with raids lately. Failed a Raikou raid, failed an Alakazam raid, failed an Exeggcutor raid. Failed soloing a Muk raid, until I used a Fast TM on my Rhydon, got a ground move (imagine that), and redid the raid, finally beating it and capturing the Muk. I'm either not getting a lot of Rare Candies out of raids or I'm not getting any at all, so the Pokemon I want to level to evolve will never get there because I need dozens of candies for each and each one of them needs either 3 or 5km to get a single candy. I don't have hours a day to walk to get those candies, which also means I hatch roughly 1 egg per week, and that egg is always Ekans. Always. Sigh, are the Hoenn Pokemon out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    I haven't been having good luck with raids lately. Failed a Raikou raid, failed an Alakazam raid, failed an Exeggcutor raid. Failed soloing a Muk raid, until I used a Fast TM on my Rhydon, got a ground move (imagine that), and redid the raid, finally beating it and capturing the Muk. I'm either not getting a lot of Rare Candies out of raids or I'm not getting any at all, so the Pokemon I want to level to evolve will never get there because I need dozens of candies for each and each one of them needs either 3 or 5km to get a single candy. I don't have hours a day to walk to get those candies, which also means I hatch roughly 1 egg per week, and that egg is always Ekans. Always. Sigh, are the Hoenn Pokemon out yet?
    Can relate. Haven't won any raids. The game isn't exactly good for people who are in areas who don't have a lot of people out raiding. It works against them. Word on the candies. That's beyond frustrating. I just got a Magikarp, but I doubt it'll evolve soon given that they hardly show up where I'm at and I don't have all the time in the world to work for them, let alone hatch eggs. I do my best with egg hatching. I try to do 10 to 20 laps a day and I do any walking I can at stores that have wireless.

I wish that each time that we'd get to 3k to 5k with our buddy Pokemon that it would hand out a handful of candies. Is there any way to contact Niantic about this to see if we could suggest this as an idea?
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    I wish that each time that we'd get to 3k to 5k with our buddy Pokemon that it would hand out a handful of candies. Is there any way to contact Niantic about this to see if we could suggest this as an idea?
    Niantic does have contact information available on their website, but I wouldn't count on them taking you request under any consideration. Given the popularity of Go, they're probably swamped with suggestions, most of them coming from people who have no idea what they're saying.

And also, it probably wouldn't be the best for the game if multiple candies were handed from buddy Pokemon at once. The game is designed so that catching Pokemon is the primary source of candy. The buddy system is merely meant to be supplement to this, never the primary source.

Check it out!

Good news: I got invited to an EX raid on Friday evening!

Bad news: It's directly after a concert with a band I've been wanting to see for a long time, and the raid location is about 20 miles away from the concert. On a Friday evening. In heavy traffic.

I don't know what to do...
    Current shiny hunts:

Latest shiny:

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

Good news: I got invited to an EX raid on Friday evening!

Bad news: It's directly after a concert with a band I've been wanting to see for a long time, and the raid location is about 20 miles away from the concert. On a Friday evening. In heavy traffic.

I don't know what to do...
    if you raid alot in the past you will probably get another invite but yea that's a tough call.

I did not recieve an EX pass despite having 200+ raids QQ but as for recent happenings my pokedex for my biome is 238/238 until tomorrow when it will be 238/239. I'm ready for gen 3!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    ... that Ribbon Metagross is the coolest thing I have seen in pokemon for a long time...

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast